8 City Place
White Plains, NY 10601Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pranzirestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9143284000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Carmine Paglia
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Mr. Luiso 9143284000
A word from Pranzi Ristorante
This elegant Italian Restaurant, located at the base of Trump Tower, offers entrees that range from traditional Italian pasta dishes and personal pizzas to veal chops and rack of lamb. Carmine Paglia, formerly at Polpo in Greenwich, Connecticut, is the executive chef. Outdoor seating is available. Open every day for lunch and dinner and brunch on Sunday. Reservations recommended for dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pranzi Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
- Nice place, good food, good servicedebmomVIPDined on 6/15/2013This is a hidden gem in the middle of White Plains. The basket of breads included a warm foccacia and a warm, soft plain bread. It came with olives, eggplant dip and a soft ricotta cheese. The salads were nicely dressed and large enough to share. The main courses came with potato and veggie, a nice touch and quite delicious. The warm brownie for dessert was a hit. We will return, nice dinner.
- Great, as UsualStrockVIPDined on 6/11/2013Consistently great, this dinner was no exception. Not only is the chef a master, but the staff makes you feel like you'r ethe most important person in the place. Our waiter, John, is a natural. This has quickly become a favorite restaurant, and I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Good classic ItalianFoodieVIPDined on 5/31/2013Food was excellent, not to busy so cannot comment on service, though was pleasant and fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/20131st time here so was a little unsure but it was great! Everything we ordered was delicious, the service was efficient but friendly and we did not feel rushed at all while we sat & enjoyed our desserts.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/18/2013My husband and I went to Pranzi with another couple on a Saturday night at 7:45 pm. The restaurent was packed, the tables are very close together. It was extremely loud in the dining room. Our waiter was very distracted and seem uninterested in our table, he was looking all around while taking our orders, like he had somewhere to go. While he was telling us the Specials for the night, he had to keep moving out of the way for other servers/customers, we had to keep following him around the table as he did not stop talking while this was going on. We felt like we were an annoyance to him when we asked a question about the menu. So the service that night - not so good! The food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Mother's Day LunchItalianoDined on 5/12/2013We were late to book reservations at other restaurants for "Mother's Day Brunch" so we happened upon Pranzi by chance. Although the prices are a bit higher than we typically like to pay on a lunch out, we were greatly impressed with the service (we had a terrific Romanian waiter, but I didn't catch his name) and the food was extremely good! Large-sized portions. I got the daily special red snapper, which was delicious, in a delicious sauce with some nice veggies and three relatively ordinary potatoes. My mother's lobster risotto was heaping and delicious, with generous portions of lobster. The coffee for desert was delicious, and we all enjoyed some nice gelato for a while. All in all, it was an extremely nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing remarkableGinaLouDined on 5/7/2013This was our second time at this restaurant and we were quite disappointed. The food is generally very good but the service was horrible. We had no waiter assigned to our table and the hostess had to serve our drinks. When our food finally came out, my husband received the wrong item so it had to go back. he also was unhappy with the Diablo sauce since he felt it had no spice. My food was very good but I found that the wines by the glass to be of a very cheap quality for a restaurant of this stature..The atmosphere is nothing special. It can be dark and noisy. I dont usuallly write reviews but felt this one was necessary since this was definately not what we expected from this place. I doubt we will go back.
- Excellent food but...NewYorkerVIPDined on 5/5/2013We will probably not go back. The noise level was so high that the two of us had to lean over the table and shout at each other to be heard. Unfortunately, so did everybody else leading to the uncomfortable sound. I enjoy an energetic bistro, but this was beyond with tables so close to each other the waiters had trouble getting through and I could hear the folks at the table at my elbow better than my dining companion. The service was spotty. Asked for pepper for our salads but it never came. We had to request a refill of our water glasses. The food itself was excellent and well prepared. The lamb chops were superb, bronzino was fresh and properly cooked with a scrumptious sauce. Pizzas were delicious. Skip the desserts or have the gelato.Special Features:
- Ok food and convenient toOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 4/20/2013Ok food and convenient to movie theater. Much too noisy. Don't bother with a bread basket if bread is stale.
- While the food was very goodAstronginVIPDined on 4/20/2013While the food was very good and the service was excellent. I will not be going back to Pranzi anytime soon as the noise level was so loud I could not talk to my dinner companions very easily without shouting.Special Features:
- We felt that we would haveSavvyVIPDined on 4/14/2013We felt that we would have liked less food and better quality. Too much pasta thrown together with other ingredients. Too much lettuce in the salad and couldn't find the apples, cheese and nuts. However, you could share the food portions and come away spending less money. Room was too dark for us ( Sun. night dinner )
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/12/2013We were seated next to the window, it was still light out, and the place was dark. Eventually they sat a group of four next to us, and the entire place was almost empty. This left us no privacy and it was unnecessary. The salad and pizza were good. It is not a place I would go out of my way to go to again, but might if I was in the area.Special Features:
- Our favorite Italian establishment.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/7/2013Every time I've been there it's been perfect. Great, attentive service and great food and atmosphere. Every quarter of my large family who has been there loves Pranzi-- the Italians and non-Italians. It has become our Italian restaurant of choice in White Plains. Good job by the staff and good quality dining!Special Features:
- Food was delicious. Wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/4/2013Food was delicious. Wait staff was attentive and prompt, happy to make (small) changes in menu items. Lovely ambiance. Thee was a bar but we didn't visit it. A beautiful dining experience!Special Features:
- On Friday night they had aOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013On Friday night they had a band which played good music but the band started to play to early. Generally the atmosphere is loud and with the band in addition to the regular noise level , conversation was difficult. The appetizer of baked clams oreganato was only fair but the seefood rissoto was very good. The staff was very friendly and made the evening (5 friends out for a early evening meal and discussion) a very good experience.Special Features:
- This was my first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/13/2013This was my first time at Pranzi and it was wonderful! The restaurant was small & charming. The food was delicious and the service was top notch. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Not bad. Came here on a grouponOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/10/2013Not bad. Came here on a groupon otherwise would have never tried it. Food was great, and no complaints.Special Features:
- What a great little Italianlizzygirl1234VIPDined on 3/9/2013What a great little Italian restuarant in the heart of White Plains! THis is a great place to grab a bite to eat before or after you see a movie upstairs at the White Plains cinema. Prices are reasonable and food is delicious. We absolutely adore our waiter, Jon! Ask for him to take care of you and you will not be disappointed! He is so cheery and upbeat and makes the experience all that much better!
- Old School Italian in White PlainsJohn55VIPDined on 3/1/2013This is my go to restaurant in Westchester for old school Italian. Great staff, nice space, they aim to please. Try the Galleto or the salmon. Their pastas are all great. Right in the White Plains City Center so a great choice before or after a movie.Special Features:
- The food was good, drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/17/2013The food was good, drinks definitely overpriced,$12.00Special Features:
- It was a movie night and aSuzicakesVIPDined on 2/9/2013It was a movie night and a snowy one! This was convenient so we thought we'd give it a try. The service was very, very nice and very friendly. I want to say that the food was really good. It wasn't bad and some things were very good but overall I would say middle of the road describes it. The food had the feel of a very good chain restaurant - maybe Pranzi is but I don't think so. I would eat there again if I were in that complex and wanted convenience, otherwise I might try somewhere else. I feel badly saying this because they were so nice. Again let me say that it was good but not great so try it yourself and see what you think.
- Bread w/complements to startRAKOVIPDined on 1/26/2013Bread w/complements to start evening was fine as was the Tiramisu to end the evening. Service was very good however the appetizers and main courses were flavorless and lackingf.
- Food was great. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/9/2013Food was great. Service was excellent. The staff couldn't be more pleasing. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great Italian in White PlainsJohn55VIPDined on 1/6/2013I have eaten at Pranzi many times and I love it. These people are so nice, great service and the food is old school Italian served a restaurant that has a nice modern feel and decor. Great before and after the movies at City Center.Special Features:
- Small Bistro serving deliciousOCdinerVIPDined on 12/30/2012Small Bistro serving delicious and bountiful portions. The calamari was tender, the soup delicious and the house salad was plentiful. Our entree choices were the veal chops served with roasted potatoes and vegetables and the seafood stew. I would recommend Pranzi to others.Special Features:
- Food was great and our severOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/30/2012Food was great and our sever was very friendly. I was a little annoyed at first because I was told we'd have to wait 15 min for our table even though we made a reservation on opentable. But we were brought to our table just a few minutes later. Server was great when I said we wanted to catch a train and he quickly came back with our check.Special Features:
- This little spot is terrific.trotter2Dined on 12/29/2012This little spot is terrific. The manager and staff really make you feel welcome and comfortable. Our waiter was personable, fun and informative, he anticipated all our needs expertly and efficiently, gave great reccomendations and clearly knew the menu well. Our food (especially the Shortrib) was pefrectly prepared and beautifully plated. The design/feel/vibe of the space is great too. We will be back soon and often.Special Features:
- Our party of 5 each agreedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012Our party of 5 each agreed this is a superior restaurant. The food was outstanding. Don't miss the rack of lamb. It was the best I've had in years. We had theater tickets, so we had to leave without dessert, which we'll try next time.
- Great service. Excellent entrees.QuietdinerVIPDined on 12/22/2012Great service. Excellent entrees. Pizza terrific. A bit noisy and tables on the small side. Perfect for before/after shows at City Center.Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/16/2012The food was delicious and plentiful. We highly recommend this restaurant and look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Great Experience.ChowHoundVIPDined on 12/15/2012Excellent food! Our waiter, Julian was exceptional.Special Features:
- Truly Spectacular RestaurantStrockVIPDined on 12/15/2012These guys know what they're doing, and they do it exceptionally well. The staff handled my table of 14 like we were the only people in the place, the food was amazingly good, and even though it was my first visit, I felt like I was home. The maitre d' and our waiter coordinated everything to perfection. The staff was efficient, and friendly. The head chef and the pizza chef must've been born in a kitchen. They worked with me to make my wife's birthday the best one yet. I can't stress enough how great this place is. I can't wait to go back, and if you're reading this, you should make a reservation right now. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Food service was exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/12/2012Food service was exceptional as was the wonderful "new" host. I would most definitely considering business entertaining at this restaurant although the noice never grew after 7:00pm.Special Features:
- Tucked away in the City Center,KJM1Dined on 12/11/2012Tucked away in the City Center, White Plains, Pranzi is a pleasant find. The service was wonderful, from the the time I walked in until my coat was put on me by the Manager. The food was more original than the average Italian restaurant, and was delicious. Pranzi has a very nice ambiance.Special Features:
- Pranzi Ristorante! Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/5/2012We had a great time at Pranzi! Our waiter was attentive and no issues with the Groupn we used while we were there! What a great experience my co-workers and I had. Bravo!Special Features:
- Great Location, Food, Staff!LauraDined on 11/17/2012Our group of 6 had a great evening at Pranzi. We were very thankful that the staff was accomodating in seating us 30 minutes after our reservations (because I was late-sorry). They allowed us to meet/greet our friends & enjoy a drink at the bar. Our waiter was great! He was very knowledgeable & friendly. He was prompt with all of our requests. He went out of his way to ensure that we had everything we needed & that we were enjoying ourselves. I liked how he provided options (fish) that might suit our tastes when reviewing the menu & specials with us. Everyone's food was delicious. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Due to a party in the rearOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2012Due to a party in the rear we were seated in the bar. It was very dark in our corner. It was difficult to impossible to see the menu. We had to ask for a flashlight!!! Fortunately the waiter had one. There was only one waiter to greet, seat, answer questions and take orders. The service was very slow. Early on in our visit, the waiter was not very cordial and seemed very overtaexed. The food, when it did arrive, was very good but some in our party said they would not return to the restaurant due to the service and attitude. I had been to the restaurant before and thoroughly enjoyed it. This was a very different experience.
- Our food was very good. ServiceHRJMVIPDined on 11/10/2012Our food was very good. Service was excellent; friendly, courteous, responsive. Salads and entrees were very good. Fresh and prepared nicely. It is a lively environment...not super quiet, but definitely able to talk to one another. We would go back.
- The food was excellent. MyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/10/2012The food was excellent. My husband had the short rib special and I had the veal with asparagus. We really enjoyed our evening. It is very loud so hard to hear eachother at times but fun atmosphere...we will be back!
- Great place to dine beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2012Great place to dine before a movie. Came down from Westport to meet friends who live in Westchester so the location was ideal. We all had pizza and all enjoyed our choices. Wait staff was very polite and accommodating. It's not a table cloth restaurant but it gives the impression to be a bit on the upscale side which one would think would discourage families with young children but nevertheless as we were leaving in came one, stroller in all.