79 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
Southeast AsianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.prannarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (212) 696-5700
- Hours of Operation:
Bar & Lounge: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 2:00am Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southeast Asian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Pranna Market - COMING SOON
- Entertainment: DJ after 11PM Thursday, Friday & Saturday
- Special Events: Banquet and special event menus, floor plans and customizable options such as cocktail pairing dinners, satay parties and more are available upon request.
- Public Transit: 6 TRAIN (28th Street Station @ Park Avenue South) 1 TRAIN (28th Street Station @ Seventh Avenue) N/R/W TRAIN (28th Street Station @ Broadway) Pranna is also convenient to Union Square and Grand Central Stations
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Excellent Parking (on 29th between 3rd & Lexington) 475 Parking LLC (on 32nd between Park Ave South & Lexington)
A word from Pranna
Pranna seduces guests with a sexy atmosphere and beautiful surroundings. Every dish is designed for sharing to create a fun, casual and convivial experience. Discover modern Southeast Asian cuisine. In the manner of the popular night markets - dishes come out as they are ready. Explore the exotic flavors, dramatic presentation, and the tantalizing blend of hot, sour, salty and sweet combine to create a stimulating sensual and evocative adventure.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Pranna reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (29)great for brunch (24)vibrant bar scene (21)hot spot (19)special occasion (16)late-night find (7)romantic (6)great for lunch (6)neighborhood gem (6)fit for foodies (5)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Very lovely spot! Great food and ambiance!!! Try!TammyDined on 11/15/2014I went to Pranna for back to back weekends to celebrate my birthday! I just love it there and my friends agree! Energetic vibe and it is well kept!! I will definitely return for a date night!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come here for the fun not the foodCaitgDined on 11/9/2014I would say if you are looking for a fun, classic NYC brunch place this is a great spot! It's very nice inside and the space is large and can easily accommodate groups. You get 5 drink tickets as well as champagne for the table... They bring it out with sparklers and the whole shebang. If you come a little later there are dancers, a DJ, and things get pretty rowdy. The only real down side is that the food is pretty lacking. It's not terrible, but certainly not anything to write home about. It's supposed to be Asian fusion but really just feels like an oddly assembled menu. Our service wasn't very great either but that's pretty standard for boozy brunch. Overall I would recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014Staff was confused and rude. Seated us at the wrong table, food was mediocre, bouncers were rude.
- Brunch on a SaturdayMD24VIPDined on 11/8/2014I had a great at Pranna, food was decent. Only compliant is that the place is overbooked and not enough staff/servers to service tables. Our server forgot our drinks twice and we ended up getting the wrong drinks. It's hard to get hold of them. Otherwise great atmosphere and place to celebrate and have fun with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gemSaxxynycVIPDined on 11/4/2014The food was delicious and plentiful, the wait-staff attentive and the environment welcoming. The southeast Asian menu combines Indian with Thai in a warm environment. With so many restaurants in NYC it is nice to find some good ones. The cocktails were also fantastic, with clever names! It's worth a visit for some standard menu items variety.Special Features:
- GeeatWilletteJDined on 11/2/2014Can't wait to go back! Me and my guest had a blast! Great way to celebrate my birthday!! We will be back sometime very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayMelissa98Dined on 10/26/2014I went for my 21st birthday it was a sunday for brunch we had a pretty good time i just expected it to be a little more crowded, there wasn't very many people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014was at bar first and asked if happy hour was only at bar- bartender said that it in the entire restaurant. i go sit down at a table for dinner reservations and server says that HH only applies to half the restaurant.. guess where we happened to sit?I would recommend this to a friend.
- I expected more.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Based on the pictures and the website layout, I expected a lot more from this place. The dress code is elegant-casual, but my waitress was wearing converse and jeans. We came to celebrate a birthday and we were seated in a secluded area. It seems we would've had a better time if we weren't basically boxed in and hidden away from the rest of the restaurant. The bus boys were the most attentive out of all the staff. Bartenders were great. Our waitress came to the table about three times. When we told her we were ready to order, she told us was going to take another tables order first. They have such strict cancellation policy, but the place was no where near packed. I had a good time, but would try other places next time.Special Features:
- fun timescitylifeDined on 9/7/2014Loved everything abt it! Ambiance, dancers, friendly crowd, food, bouncers, waiters...everyone was pleasant and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for brunchayafoodsDined on 9/7/2014Ever since they were fined about the drunk people in the neighborhood, Pranna has since limited the drinks to 5 per person. They even give you little drink tickets so when you run out, you're done. Some waiters are really laxed about it and only stop serving you once they can noticably tell that you are getting to your point. Also they absolutely dont allow dancing anymore! Wasnt that the point? Its not the old Pranna brunch but its still a cool place to hang out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NeverGoingBackToPranna13Dined on 9/2/2014Pranna ruined my birthday. Rude hostess, rude busboy who kept coming to our table to ask "Are you done?" when the restaurant was EMPTY! And cold food. I will NEVER go back.
- so much fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014DJ + alcohol + food. my friends and i had a great time. will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Brunch.ToochDined on 8/3/2014I knew the atmosphere would be great. I was blown away by how good the food was. An excellent brunch deal for $45. Service, however, was very slow. Most of the wait help were friendly so that made up for the slow service. Overall, excellent brunch spot, my entire party enjoyed themselves and said they wanted to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night!DFW2NYCDined on 8/1/2014I took advantage of Pranna's restaurant week dinner menu. The selection was great, food was delicious, and my service was quick and pleasant. I will certainly return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 542 reviews are from the Pranna reviews archive.
- Needs worktimmmykVIPDined on 7/25/2014Pranna is a great space. Friendly servers but perhaps a bit too rushed. My lobster & pork dumplings were frozen inside te first pass. The servers kept rushing to take utensils and plates away before we were either served or finished eating. Our Waiter was professional and we had a good time but they need a bit of polish.Special Features:
- Yum!JamieLynnDined on 7/22/2014My boyfriend and I had a great time here for NYC Restaurant Week. The food was unique and yummy and the ambiance was great. Our server didn't really know the menu that well, which was a little difficult, but overall, we had a fun night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Brunch with friendsBrunchSoHardDined on 7/20/2014Pranna is an awesome place to go with a group of friends on a Sunday afternoon for brunch. Live DJ in the main dining room, delicious food, and the party continues at 4pm when they remove all the chairs and tables and it becomes a day club! So much fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBE- Best Brunch EverOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/20149 of us went to this venue for brunch and had a ball. Great energy! Staff was attentive throughout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice time/great fooddaverDined on 7/17/2014Enjoyed a delicious early dinner with Mom and son.Special Features:
- Great AmbiancedcpstarrDined on 7/6/2014Pranna offered a brunch-style like nothing I've ever experienced before. It was lively with music played by an in-house DJ, the room was well lit and the food was good. There was very good vibes, good music, great people and great service. I really enjoyed myself and cannot wait to return to do it all over again!Special Features:
- 2327WineTimeDined on 6/28/2014I recently celebrated my 23rd birthday at Pranna. I did brunch with my girls on Saturday afternoon. The service and food were both excellent! The workers are very nice! The atmosphere in Pranna was awesome! The DJ was great. Both me and my friends had a great time! Thanks to bottomless drinks with out brunch it's safe to say we left exceptionally happy! I definitely recommend Pranna to anyone looking for a good afternoon with good company!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pranna nycunsatisfiedDined on 6/23/2014I had a reservation for lunch @ 1pm. When we arrived I was impressed by the decor until I sat down and took a look at the tables and chairs. Our table cloth had stains, the chairs' upholstery were stained and dingy, there were also some tables without table clothes that looked to be in disrepair. Our waiter was very friendly but when we asked for a cocktail he replied "I'm sorry ma'am the bartender is not in until 3pm." This must be the only place in NYC that does not have a bartender on staff for lunch! That was a turn off especially when there is a huge bar staring at us. We were the only people in the restaurant having lunch ... that should've been my first clue.
- paolaVIPDined on 6/20/2014Worst service I have ever had in a restaurant. Waited 40 minutes for a cocktail ordered from their menu only to be told that they did not have the ingredients. Waited another 30 minutes for another choice.
- Worst place in manhattanKlpmanhattanDined on 6/19/2014Horrible service, horrible atmosphere, horrible scene, horrible food, horrible experience, embarrassing experience with colleagues visiting from Asia & India.Special Features:
- would not recommendEasilyPleasedDined on 6/14/2014staff was rude. had a 2:00 reservation around 2:30 we were brought to a table and the table with people sitting at it. waited 30min to sit. another 15 mins to get drinks and order had to literally go find the waitress twice. only had 15mins of bottomless drinks. We also had to ask security for cups. the waitress refused to make us sangria. So we pay our 200$ bill using 2 cards and cash. No big deal but at 4:00 dancing starts and a waitress comes up to me and says do you know you only tipped 5$ on a 200$ bill. Not only was this extremely rude This was not true we tipped 10$ cash and 10$ on each card 15% for very bad service decent food and watered down drinks. I would never go back although the DJ was amazing.
- brunching fundaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014Great food, day drinking, World Cup, awesome Dj, hot hot hot girls... As a single guy in New York what more do you want for a Saturday / Sunday brunch?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best places in the areaOpenTableFanVIPDined on 6/11/2014Pranna is a bar/club/restaurant/event space which sounds a little confused but they really make it work. It is a great place to grab dinner with a bigger group since the dining area in the back is pretty quiet and spacious. Their mixed drinks are solid and the food never fails.Special Features:
- princessRDined on 5/30/2014Nice place. Very well put together. Not so good staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014This was my second time at Pranna for a weekday lunch (Friday around 2pm) and it was lovely. The only annoyance was the testing of the fire alarm, but at least we knew if there was an emergency, they have functional alarms. Great lunch for a great price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a large groupdaniellerbDined on 5/16/2014I had my graduation party here on a Friday night. They easily accommodated my 20 guests in the regular dinner seating. The food was great and the ambiance was perfect for the occassion. Very attentive service. The dj didn't have a great start for the Caribbean night but the music got better as the night went on. Their cocktails are fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pranna did NOT disappoint!GtoofleeDined on 4/20/2014Pranna was recommended by a colleague. I was told the food was good and after 4 the tables are removed and it basically turns into a day party. I'm so glad we decided to go with Pranna. The food was good, the service was good, and the DJ was on point!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a place for a special lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014Had heard a lot of positive feedback and hence decided to have a celebratory lunch. Place was deserted, clearly staff was not ready, bar had not opened fully even at 1 pm and the drinks came after the staters, choice in menu was very limited we had to order starters from the dinner menu. The lunch box is a good idea and well presented, clearly meant for a quick lunch.Special Features:
- WORST PLACE EVER!dissatisfiedVIPDined on 3/23/2014I would never ever recommend this place to anyone! The service is awful!! Mandatory coat check is ridiculous. Not everyone is going there to go to the club that starts@4. Just because we had a table of 2 does not mean you can treat the customers like they do not matter. They sat us in the worst table in the middle of a busy hall way that leads to downstairs. We were bumped into every time someone walked by. We asked if we could switch tables&they refused. We told them we wanted to leave then&she said she would see what she could do. Then a bus boy came by&asked if we were ok. A BUS BOY HAD TO ASK US! We told him no we were waiting on a new table. No one ever came. A manager had to get our coats (it took him 15 minutes) &we left. Worst place
- Great party not so great music!FashioneatzDined on 3/22/2014I loved the energy and the crowd of people. However your DJ was one of the worst DJS i have encountered in a long time. His music selections sucked there was no real flow and he played a lot of songs over. Everything was great about my experience besides the music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The sweating cars down stairsNicsDined on 3/16/2014The sweating cars down stairs was way to small. Our table was too close to the table next to ours. My friends were uncomfortable. And we really couldn't enjoy our time and talk because it was way to loud.Special Features:
- Amazing FoodNewbieDined on 3/6/2014Not only was the place gorgeous, but the food was amazing and well presented. You are also sure to leave with a full smile on your lips and happily satisfied stomach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- recent visitglovVIPDined on 3/5/2014Food ok but small portions. Thundering music very distracting and when we looked over the half wall to see the celebration, there were empty tables. very few customers and still service terrible.
- Loved itJeliDined on 3/3/2014The food was great, the ambitious was amazing and the atmospher was very energetic! I will be returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014If you are looking for a great brunch special and be able to party after this is a great spot to go to. I honestly loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.