79 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
Southeast AsianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.prannarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2126965700
- Hours of Operation:
Bar & Lounge: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 2:00am Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southeast Asian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Pranna Market - COMING SOON
- Entertainment: DJ after 11PM Thursday, Friday & Saturday
- Special Events: Banquet and special event menus, floor plans and customizable options such as cocktail pairing dinners, satay parties and more are available upon request.
- Public Transit: 6 TRAIN (28th Street Station @ Park Avenue South) 1 TRAIN (28th Street Station @ Seventh Avenue) N/R/W TRAIN (28th Street Station @ Broadway) Pranna is also convenient to Union Square and Grand Central Stations
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Excellent Parking (on 29th between 3rd & Lexington) 475 Parking LLC (on 32nd between Park Ave South & Lexington)
A word from Pranna
Pranna seduces guests with a sexy atmosphere and beautiful surroundings. Every dish is designed for sharing to create a fun, casual and convivial experience. Discover modern Southeast Asian cuisine. In the manner of the popular night markets - dishes come out as they are ready. Explore the exotic flavors, dramatic presentation, and the tantalizing blend of hot, sour, salty and sweet combine to create a stimulating sensual and evocative adventure.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Pranna reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (28)great for brunch (23)vibrant bar scene (23)hot spot (19)special occasion (16)great for lunch (9)neighborhood gem (7)late-night find (7)fit for foodies (5)romantic (4)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014was at bar first and asked if happy hour was only at bar- bartender said that it in the entire restaurant. i go sit down at a table for dinner reservations and server says that HH only applies to half the restaurant.. guess where we happened to sit?I would recommend this to a friend.
- I expected more.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Based on the pictures and the website layout, I expected a lot more from this place. The dress code is elegant-casual, but my waitress was wearing converse and jeans. We came to celebrate a birthday and we were seated in a secluded area. It seems we would've had a better time if we weren't basically boxed in and hidden away from the rest of the restaurant. The bus boys were the most attentive out of all the staff. Bartenders were great. Our waitress came to the table about three times. When we told her we were ready to order, she told us was going to take another tables order first. They have such strict cancellation policy, but the place was no where near packed. I had a good time, but would try other places next time.Special Features:
- fun timescitylifeDined on 9/7/2014Loved everything abt it! Ambiance, dancers, friendly crowd, food, bouncers, waiters...everyone was pleasant and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for brunchayafoodsDined on 9/7/2014Ever since they were fined about the drunk people in the neighborhood, Pranna has since limited the drinks to 5 per person. They even give you little drink tickets so when you run out, you're done. Some waiters are really laxed about it and only stop serving you once they can noticably tell that you are getting to your point. Also they absolutely dont allow dancing anymore! Wasnt that the point? Its not the old Pranna brunch but its still a cool place to hang out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NeverGoingBackToPranna13Dined on 9/2/2014Pranna ruined my birthday. Rude hostess, rude busboy who kept coming to our table to ask "Are you done?" when the restaurant was EMPTY! And cold food. I will NEVER go back.
- so much fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014DJ + alcohol + food. my friends and i had a great time. will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Brunch.ToochDined on 8/3/2014I knew the atmosphere would be great. I was blown away by how good the food was. An excellent brunch deal for $45. Service, however, was very slow. Most of the wait help were friendly so that made up for the slow service. Overall, excellent brunch spot, my entire party enjoyed themselves and said they wanted to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night!DFW2NYCDined on 8/1/2014I took advantage of Pranna's restaurant week dinner menu. The selection was great, food was delicious, and my service was quick and pleasant. I will certainly return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs worktimmmykVIPDined on 7/25/2014Pranna is a great space. Friendly servers but perhaps a bit too rushed. My lobster & pork dumplings were frozen inside te first pass. The servers kept rushing to take utensils and plates away before we were either served or finished eating. Our Waiter was professional and we had a good time but they need a bit of polish.Special Features:
- Yum!JamieLynnDined on 7/22/2014My boyfriend and I had a great time here for NYC Restaurant Week. The food was unique and yummy and the ambiance was great. Our server didn't really know the menu that well, which was a little difficult, but overall, we had a fun night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Brunch with friendsBrunchSoHardDined on 7/20/2014Pranna is an awesome place to go with a group of friends on a Sunday afternoon for brunch. Live DJ in the main dining room, delicious food, and the party continues at 4pm when they remove all the chairs and tables and it becomes a day club! So much fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBE- Best Brunch EverOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/20149 of us went to this venue for brunch and had a ball. Great energy! Staff was attentive throughout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice time/great fooddaverDined on 7/17/2014Enjoyed a delicious early dinner with Mom and son.Special Features:
- Great AmbiancedcpstarrDined on 7/6/2014Pranna offered a brunch-style like nothing I've ever experienced before. It was lively with music played by an in-house DJ, the room was well lit and the food was good. There was very good vibes, good music, great people and great service. I really enjoyed myself and cannot wait to return to do it all over again!Special Features:
- 2327WineTimeDined on 6/28/2014I recently celebrated my 23rd birthday at Pranna. I did brunch with my girls on Saturday afternoon. The service and food were both excellent! The workers are very nice! The atmosphere in Pranna was awesome! The DJ was great. Both me and my friends had a great time! Thanks to bottomless drinks with out brunch it's safe to say we left exceptionally happy! I definitely recommend Pranna to anyone looking for a good afternoon with good company!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 535 reviews are from the Pranna reviews archive.
- pranna nycunsatisfiedDined on 6/23/2014I had a reservation for lunch @ 1pm. When we arrived I was impressed by the decor until I sat down and took a look at the tables and chairs. Our table cloth had stains, the chairs' upholstery were stained and dingy, there were also some tables without table clothes that looked to be in disrepair. Our waiter was very friendly but when we asked for a cocktail he replied "I'm sorry ma'am the bartender is not in until 3pm." This must be the only place in NYC that does not have a bartender on staff for lunch! That was a turn off especially when there is a huge bar staring at us. We were the only people in the restaurant having lunch ... that should've been my first clue.
- paolaVIPDined on 6/20/2014Worst service I have ever had in a restaurant. Waited 40 minutes for a cocktail ordered from their menu only to be told that they did not have the ingredients. Waited another 30 minutes for another choice.
- Worst place in manhattanKlpmanhattanDined on 6/19/2014Horrible service, horrible atmosphere, horrible scene, horrible food, horrible experience, embarrassing experience with colleagues visiting from Asia & India.Special Features:
- would not recommendEasilyPleasedDined on 6/14/2014staff was rude. had a 2:00 reservation around 2:30 we were brought to a table and the table with people sitting at it. waited 30min to sit. another 15 mins to get drinks and order had to literally go find the waitress twice. only had 15mins of bottomless drinks. We also had to ask security for cups. the waitress refused to make us sangria. So we pay our 200$ bill using 2 cards and cash. No big deal but at 4:00 dancing starts and a waitress comes up to me and says do you know you only tipped 5$ on a 200$ bill. Not only was this extremely rude This was not true we tipped 10$ cash and 10$ on each card 15% for very bad service decent food and watered down drinks. I would never go back although the DJ was amazing.
- brunching fundaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014Great food, day drinking, World Cup, awesome Dj, hot hot hot girls... As a single guy in New York what more do you want for a Saturday / Sunday brunch?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best places in the areaOpenTableFanVIPDined on 6/11/2014Pranna is a bar/club/restaurant/event space which sounds a little confused but they really make it work. It is a great place to grab dinner with a bigger group since the dining area in the back is pretty quiet and spacious. Their mixed drinks are solid and the food never fails.Special Features:
- princessRDined on 5/30/2014Nice place. Very well put together. Not so good staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014This was my second time at Pranna for a weekday lunch (Friday around 2pm) and it was lovely. The only annoyance was the testing of the fire alarm, but at least we knew if there was an emergency, they have functional alarms. Great lunch for a great price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a large groupdaniellerbDined on 5/16/2014I had my graduation party here on a Friday night. They easily accommodated my 20 guests in the regular dinner seating. The food was great and the ambiance was perfect for the occassion. Very attentive service. The dj didn't have a great start for the Caribbean night but the music got better as the night went on. Their cocktails are fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pranna did NOT disappoint!GtoofleeDined on 4/20/2014Pranna was recommended by a colleague. I was told the food was good and after 4 the tables are removed and it basically turns into a day party. I'm so glad we decided to go with Pranna. The food was good, the service was good, and the DJ was on point!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a place for a special lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014Had heard a lot of positive feedback and hence decided to have a celebratory lunch. Place was deserted, clearly staff was not ready, bar had not opened fully even at 1 pm and the drinks came after the staters, choice in menu was very limited we had to order starters from the dinner menu. The lunch box is a good idea and well presented, clearly meant for a quick lunch.Special Features:
- WORST PLACE EVER!dissatisfiedVIPDined on 3/23/2014I would never ever recommend this place to anyone! The service is awful!! Mandatory coat check is ridiculous. Not everyone is going there to go to the club that starts@4. Just because we had a table of 2 does not mean you can treat the customers like they do not matter. They sat us in the worst table in the middle of a busy hall way that leads to downstairs. We were bumped into every time someone walked by. We asked if we could switch tables&they refused. We told them we wanted to leave then&she said she would see what she could do. Then a bus boy came by&asked if we were ok. A BUS BOY HAD TO ASK US! We told him no we were waiting on a new table. No one ever came. A manager had to get our coats (it took him 15 minutes) &we left. Worst place
- Great party not so great music!FashioneatzDined on 3/22/2014I loved the energy and the crowd of people. However your DJ was one of the worst DJS i have encountered in a long time. His music selections sucked there was no real flow and he played a lot of songs over. Everything was great about my experience besides the music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The sweating cars down stairsNicsDined on 3/16/2014The sweating cars down stairs was way to small. Our table was too close to the table next to ours. My friends were uncomfortable. And we really couldn't enjoy our time and talk because it was way to loud.Special Features:
- Amazing FoodNewbieDined on 3/6/2014Not only was the place gorgeous, but the food was amazing and well presented. You are also sure to leave with a full smile on your lips and happily satisfied stomach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- recent visitglovVIPDined on 3/5/2014Food ok but small portions. Thundering music very distracting and when we looked over the half wall to see the celebration, there were empty tables. very few customers and still service terrible.
- Loved itJeliDined on 3/3/2014The food was great, the ambitious was amazing and the atmospher was very energetic! I will be returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014If you are looking for a great brunch special and be able to party after this is a great spot to go to. I honestly loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy!foodie2Dined on 2/28/2014We had reservations for Friday night. Apparently, they rented the top floor to a loud group that had an ongoing auction. The "auctioneer/MC" was constantly yelling out on a microphone. This ruined the entire ambiance of the restaurant. I asked the server if there was something she could do but she just said, "no, sorry". We got up and left.
- loud obnoxious cheesyfoodfindVIPDined on 2/28/2014Couldn't have been more disappointed. Lots of fryolator action with jarred sauces on the side. The noise was ridiculous -- they rented out the mezzanine to a party that overpowered the restaurant with a non-stop drum machine and the blare of an announcer doing prize drawings over an over-modulated microphone. Nice waitstaff but performing robotic routines a la TGIF. Just a terrible experience all round.
- Nothing Beats an Expensive FeelingMoodyMichiDined on 2/27/2014If you're a person about decor and ambiance, Pranna is a great spot for you. The bar area and lounge area are pretty nice but the gem would have to be the Dinning area. From the lighting, the spacious seating, the almost floor to ceiling windows it all feels expensive. The meal was great as well and the portion size was very large. I had the chicken tiki masal. I do not have a spicy palate so this worked for me. The only complaint was that service was a little slow towards the end of our meal. It took a while for us to get our dessert and the bill. Other than that it was a great time.Special Features:
- Disappointing birthday dinnersrm1VIPDined on 2/21/2014We came for a birthday dinner during happy hour, and were told that happy hour rates did not apply if we were sitting at a table...never saw this on the ad. Dinner was OK not spectacular and desserts were terrible, chalky kulfi and dry cake under the tres leche. Would not go there again.
- We love it hereElfieldsDined on 2/21/2014We've been here twice, and the best part if the vastness and space in this restaurant, a rarity in NYC. A close second is the food, whic his consistently amazing and not the little portions you expect from a place like this. I've gotten the snapper twice and finished off my dad's chili shrimp and love them both. My boyfriend had the chicken tikka and thai steak, and WOW, he loved them. They're also totally cool about subbing cuke salad for rice, which is light and not to salty (nothing's too salty) and huge. You want to go to here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I went there for valentines day it was perfect. Very romantic setting. Couples felt very exclusive. We ordered from the valentine menu and everything we had was amazing. The waiters were prompt and were very helpful. I loved the decor as well. I would love to back for the regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulPickyVIPDined on 2/8/2014This place several years back was great. This past weekend was lousy. The smell of Clorox was everywhere, and we felt we were eating in a bathroom! The food quality was average - the chicken in the tikka was tough and fatty. The crowd was off - the vibe worse. For a Sat at 9, we made the wrong choice...