Prairie Tap House
8251 Flying Cloud Drive
Eden Prairie, MN 55344Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Prairie Tap House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://theprairietaphouse.com/
- Phone: 9522174054
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00am, Saturday: 10:00am - 2:00am, Sunday: 10:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Phil Dvorak
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Prairie Tap House
The Prairie Tap House will bring residents of Eden Prairie and the surrounding areas, high quality food and drinks at a reasonable price. The Tap House specializes in Baltimore style pit beef, an extensive draft beer list and quality crafted cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Prairie Tap House - Best Restaurants in Eden Prairie ›
Prairie Tap House reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (41)good for groups (39)great for lunch (38)fit for foodies (37)kid-friendly (28)great for brunch (19)vibrant bar scene (19)hot spot (16)late-night find (16)special occasion (11)great for outdoor dining (11)notable wine list (5)Show More
- Nothing good this timewineandfoodloverVIPDined on 10/19/2014We are regulars at Prairie Tap House and have always had good food and service. Not this time. The server never could understand that our children wanted the spaghetti from the regular menu - even though I said it twice, they got shells from the children's menu. My Reuben was merely warm and the meat was tough. My wife's pulled port was only warm, as well. French fries (all around) were cold and limp. This time we were there for dinner (we usually go for lunch) and the place was really busy. You would think on a busy night at least the fries would be fresh. We will not return for dinner and are seriously rethinking whether or not to give lunch another try.
- One of our faves!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We've visited the Prairie Tap House twice, and both times, our expectations were exceeded. The focus here is on the food and beverages. My husband loves Belgian style beers and has a difficult time choosing from the always ample and ever-changing beer menu. Our server, Ryan, was perfect -- knowledgeable, helpful, kind, and quick. The kids' food came out shortly before ours (perfect), and ALL of us enjoyed our meals! I recommend the Thai Dragon Pit Beef, and the Pit Pork, and my husband says he's never had a better burger than the Lyn Lake. If you're eating low-carb, you can request the sandwiches without a bun, and they'll place the meat and goodies in a nice bowl -- honestly, it may actually be easier to eat it with a fork! We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great neighborhood findteach1VIPDined on 10/14/2014I always seem to order the bean burger, which I love. The service is always good, and we get right in. They also have a great happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkFoodie1972VIPDined on 10/14/2014I Went there for the first time the other day. Service was slow. Our water glasses were empty for most of the mail. Our dinner plates were not cleared until the dessert was literally arriving. Our server was nice. The food was ok. The gnocchi with bolognese was good. The pomodoro sauce is not actually a sauce but pieces of mozzarella and cherry tomatoes. Not what we expected. The biggest disappointment was the Latin Pig sandwich. The description sounded amazing: Pit pork drenched in Manderin habanero sauce. Yum! Sounded spicy and tasty. However, the sandwich contained thinly sliced meat, no sauce, avocado and mayo. Not spicy at all. The mayo and avocado flavors dominated.Special Features:
- Food is mediocremozartDined on 10/12/2014On my 2nd visit (the last one being a year ago when they first opened), I was once again disappointed. I had a Tap Burger and I've had better tasting burgers at Burger King. It had absolutely no flavor. The cost for a burger & fries is high - $10.95 - and although they give you enough fries to feed 4 people, everything was blah. My son had their steak & eggs - no taste at all. 3rd person in my group ordered the Philly Beef Pit - it came on a hamburger bun. Have you ever had a Philly Steak & Cheese sandwich that is not served on a hoagie? Nicely decorated, good located, but I won't be going back again for a while. One good thing, they had the Packers game on, even though the Vikings were playing at the same time.Special Features:
- Great place to watch the game & eatmartDined on 10/11/2014Great place to watch the game and have apps went there last Saturday to eat and was 1hr wait so we came back to eat the next week bar was busy but fun apps were tasty but watery, wait staff was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great beanburgerteach1VIPDined on 10/11/2014We really enjoy eating at the Prairie Tap House. They have a great bean burger, the portions are large, and the service is great. They have a lot to choose from . The Happy Hour is very good, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not recommendedilltryanythingDined on 10/11/2014I was so excited to spend my 40th birthday at this new restaurant in Eden Prairie. I don’t get to go out much, and when my husband said we should go to Eden Prairie Center, I thought this restaurant sounded like the most fun (based on their website). The beer was luke warm, the waitress forgot about us more than once, and the beef in the lettuce wraps and in the Pit Beef sandwich was very, very tough – nothing like was bragged about in the menu.
- Beer On TapOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/11/2014Many brews on tap including my favorite, Surly FuriousSpecial Features:
- just OK for the burbsTHAIIIDined on 10/10/2014Really basic place. It just smelled of strip mall. Food was reasonable and generous portions. Just not a place I would go back to. I don't know why we can't get interesting dining in an upscale place like Eden Prairie.
- Usually Good ExperiencekingrogersDined on 10/9/2014Restaurant dining room closed for a private event. We were seated (late) in a very crowded, noisy bar. Our primary server was great but the food server spilled an oil based dressing on one of my guests and didn't return to assist in the clean up until she came back in with more food plates. Then, she only had a dry towel with her which obviously wasn't adequate. One side item which was ordered failed to appear but was on the bill until I challenged it. The food is very good but this was just a bad night for guests with reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weird atmospherefisheyeDined on 10/5/2014The restaurant to me is not very welcoming, the booths are tight, food is fair and the portions of their pasta dish are small.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014I was glad we had gotten reservations on a Saturday night it was very busy. I thought it was a bit loud for just a couple to talk but the food and service was great. I would recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Sandwiches!kingrogersDined on 9/24/2014The Pit Beef is a signature item which cannot be missed! Portions are huge! I substitute cole slaw for the fries (which are also very good) because the slaw is the best I have eaten! Wine list is weak as are the pours but that's not why you come here. Lots of brewski choices to help wash down the fabulous food! Overall, highly recommended!Special Features:
- OK. Not great.IlikefoodDined on 9/23/2014Food was OK. Good beer selection. Service started out good, but dropped as our meal progressed. Decor was very lackluster. Not a place I would hurry back to.Special Features:
- Great foodRPDPDined on 9/20/2014Very good food and nice variety as well as good service.Special Features:
- Far too averageCindyKVIPDined on 9/12/2014Won't be returning. This restaurant had nothing special to bring me back. So many of the dishes were so high in calories, even many of the salads.
- Big group meeting every monthOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/11/2014My book club meets here every month and we love it. The food is good and the service is too! There is a reason we keep coming back!Special Features:
- Cheap and decentImaPepperDined on 9/5/2014Really good basic bar grub. Reasonable prices, and the house made pickles are the bomb! Not a bad choice for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downer of a date night!PeppylovergalDined on 9/5/2014We went in for drinks, apps and dinner for date night! The drinks were 2-1 on happy hour so I ordered house Chardonnay. I am not a drinker (I average 2 drinks a week, MAX) and these two glasses of wine tasted like water. Normally at home I get a buzz on half a glass of wine, I got nothing from two whole glasses. My bf said it tasted like it had been watered down significantly too. Apps were soft pretzels. They came out barely room temp and rubbery as all get out. We sent them back. The manager brought out a second set and said it was "right out of the oven" but they were ICE cold, sent it back again, never got new ones. My Philly meat was tough and over-cooked and tasted like plastic. BF said the fish and chips were ok. SO disappointing!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Ambiance and decor need work. Otherwise food was good.Special Features:
- delicious brunchCharlieDined on 8/31/2014Had a lovely brunch with daughter on Sunday. My daughter had a scrambler plate and I had some amazing shrimp and grits. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BreakfasttiggerDined on 8/23/2014We stopped in Sunday for their noon brunch and absolutely LOVE THE FOOD! We'll be back for more!Special Features:
- Just not feeling itfoodie23Dined on 8/22/2014We have been to the resturant a few times. I try to give everything a couple of chance before I make up my mind. I have experience in the resturant industry so I understand there are just off days. All the times I have been there the food is just mediocre and the portions are way to large. The last time we were there we had the worst waitress I have ever had in my life. Not only did she not come to the table to check on our table, but she also came to give us our bill before we had even recieved our food. We wil not be back!
- WhateverdinerTHVIPDined on 8/15/2014Not notable enough to write anything other than whatever. Kind if a so-so experience.
- Staff LunchLutheransLunchDined on 8/12/2014We had a great experience as we bid farewell to a co-worker. The service was great, the food was good and plentiful. We all enjoyed the beverage selection, especially the beer selection. This was the second time we came to lunch as a staff and we enjoyed it both times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not good at all...eatininsteadDined on 8/11/20144 adults went to dinner. Three of the four ordered different items on the menu. The only winner was the burger. The pork sandwiches were terrible. Tasted like leftover pork from a week ago. The beef wasn't any better. Stale bread too. The French fries had so much salt on them that we didn't eat them. Very disappointing experience overall. We were all looking forward to trying a new place in Eden Prairie. We will not be back. So sorry.....for you and for us.Special Features:
- Fun and Unique MenuEPDinerVIPDined on 8/10/2014Six met for brunch. We loved the diverse and unique menu with all the same price. All were able to find something fun to eat. Everyone loved their food and all exressed the desire to go back for lunch and dinner! We sat inside but the outside seating looks great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014took almost two hours to get one round of drinks, salad course, then our dinner. 5:30 on a Saturday night. lots of empty tables.
- Go somewhere else!!MinnesotaDined on 8/7/2014It was suppose to be a special night for my daughter. Didn't end up that way. Had an issue, asked to speak to the manager and he told the server that he was not coming over to our table. Pretty rude and very unprofessional! Go spend your money somewhere else, people!!
- First Timestpats07Dined on 8/6/2014It was the first time we dined at Prairie Tap House, but it surely will not be the last. Thank you.Special Features:
- yateshDined on 8/3/2014Service was extemely slow and inattentive. Idk if he was hungover or just uninterested in our table, but we're not returning.
- Food is amazing, great pricesMJ19Dined on 8/1/2014We've been to PTH a couple times now and the food doesn't disappoint. Their pit sandwiches are filling and flavorful and the prices for everything is reasonable. They also have a great happy hour and a good value kid's menu. We have brought our son with us both times, and never felt like he didn't belong.Special Features:
- PatTVIPDined on 7/31/2014Dined on THUR night at 6:30pm in celebration of my daughter's 17th birthday. Lots of things done right. My wife and kids were running approx. 10 minutes late and you kept our reservation. Positive. You brought out a "monster" piece of chocolate birthday cake that was incredibly delicious. Major positive :) Thanks again for making my daughter's birthday dinner memorable.Special Features:
- BAD SERVICEWeeseDined on 7/29/2014The service we had was not good, we were there early for HH and dinner, there were not many people there. We didn't receive our appetizers that we ordered, I asked about them when our dinner was brought out and he seemed annoyed that I asked and asked if I still wanted them. We did want one of them. I asked for a side of ranch for my meal - three times. I finally had to go in the restaurant to get it, as I was walking to the bar he came out with it in his hand and gave me a dirty look and said looking for something. Oh well, I guess you could of used the extra exercise - what does that mean??? Then he says I get enough walking back and forth all the time. WHAT - that is your job! Very appalling.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014Amazing chicken wings! Huge portions. Very delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014When we arrived to the restaurant it took too long for us to be seated. The waitress took to long to take our order. It was our first time there, would not recommend, will not visit again.
- Good Dinner SpotRedd2016Dined on 7/18/2014Not super busy and very wide variety on menu. Great service and enjoyed the variety of beer available. I had lobster gnocchi and it had a flavorable sauces listed but did fall flat on flavor. Has a lot of potential to be a great place. It was good overall and I would recommend it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved everything!mtjjDined on 7/14/2014We had a wonderful time! The hostess greeted us right away and acknowledged it was our anniversary. Shane was an awesome server; knowledgable and attentive. Every item we ordered, Scotch Eggs, Beef Ribs, Shells and Cheese, Walleye Fingers, Horseradish Mashers and Ice Cream Sandwich, was amazing! Would definitely go back as the whole menu looked yummy and it was fun trying to decide what to taste. Many more decisions for future visits!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large portions, nice serverDanielVIPDined on 7/13/2014This was a TGIF in an earlier life. We thought the food was freshly prepared and the server was friendly and helpful. Unlike many places in this area, they stay open late which is great when you need a late nite place for food. But we didn't find the food that great tasting. The lobster rolls ( like egg rolls ) were $13.95 for two smallish rolls without much flavor. The peel and eat shrimp were a good sized portion, but the flavor was not great, rather dusty. The pit meat sandwiches were large with hot fries, but again the flavor was just ok. We may come back if we had to eat late nite, but otherwise, no.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.