Prairie Tap House
8251 Flying Cloud Drive
Eden Prairie, MN 55344Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Prairie Tap House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://theprairietaphouse.com/
- Phone: (952) 217-4054
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00am, Saturday: 10:00am - 2:00am, Sunday: 10:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Phil Dvorak
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Prairie Tap House
The Prairie Tap House will bring residents of Eden Prairie and the surrounding areas, high quality food and drinks at a reasonable price. The Tap House specializes in Baltimore style pit beef, an extensive draft beer list and quality crafted cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Prairie Tap House - Best Restaurants in Eden Prairie ›
Prairie Tap House reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (43)neighborhood gem (37)fit for foodies (35)good for groups (35)vibrant bar scene (23)kid-friendly (22)great for brunch (19)hot spot (18)late-night find (12)great for outdoor dining (12)special occasion (10)notable wine list (5)Show More
- A few bright spots, but mostly underwhelmed...ChristiVIPDined on 11/19/2014My friend had a Living Social deal, so we splurged. She ordered Korean lettuce wraps because she had them before and loved them, and she also ordered the stuffed date appetizer, just so we could try something different. I ordered the pit pork sandwich and sub'd cheesy grits for the French fries, and also ordered the chili to try. My friend was highly disappointed with the meat that came with the lettuce wraps - she said it was tough, and told the server so. At first, all he did was apologize, and walk away. Then, I don't know if he heard us complaining that he didn't offer to do anything about it, but he did come back a few seconds later and offer to give her something else instead. She asked for a substitution of some pulled pork or beef, so he brought her a dish of that. One of the bright spots in my lunch was the stuffed dates - it was a beautiful balance of sweet dates, with spicy chorizo sausage, against creamy polenta, and tangy marinara. The perfect bite in an app! Also really enjoyed the cheesy grits (never had polenta or grits before, and I liked them both). However, being that the restaurant's specialty are their pit meats, I should have been impressed with my pork sandwich, and that was the least exciting to me. The meat was tougher than I'd like, the coleslaw was bland, and the bun was completely unappealing. However, my larger disappointment was that the entire entrée I received was barely warm. I should have complained to the server, but I didn't because I could tolerate eating room temperature cheesy grits, and I wanted to get out of the restaurant in a reasonable time to get back to the office. The chili was good, but tipping the scale in the spicy direction, so I wouldn't order that if you are faint of heart. Even with the discounted lunch, I still thought the food was overpriced. I would go back and order stuffed dates any day of the week; but next time I will probably try a burger or pasta and see if they can get that right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but service issuesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/13/2014This was our second visit. And both visits we experienced service issues. This second visit they ran out of wine glasses and we received our wine very delayed one glass at a time as glasses became available. Food was very good so I would recommend this restaurant but they need to address these issues.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingcmDaffyDined on 11/9/2014Our family of 3 ate at the Tap House, for what's likely to be the last time. Despite the great beer list, which would be a good reason to go, prices on beer are high. Menu leaves a lot to be desired. Various family members have been there now a total of 4 times, and have been disappointed in the food on each occasion. Maple Glazed Pork belly is overly fatty and lacking flavor, the Cuban pulled sandwich is the same way, the meat is fatty and bland, being topped with a sauce to add flavor. The Shrimp, were overcooked and chewy. Sadly the best things on the menu were the salted pretzels and the chocolate cake.
- LaurenDined on 11/9/2014Food was amazing and our food was fantastic! Brunch was great...especially the pecan roll. YUM!Special Features:
- date nightawesomeDined on 11/8/2014Had a reservation at 5:45p got there at 5:30p and were seated immediately. Are server was very friendly he checked up on us a few times but just the right amount to make sure that we were happy. Came with our drinks before we had to ask. The atmosphere was perfect for a date night low lighting but not to low. The noise level was very comfortable. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Huge ServingsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Split a Pit sandwich with someone. There is no way you can eat it by yourself.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ErnieDined on 11/4/2014Great, unique menu! Sandwiches are awesome, but so are the apps! If you like bacon & everything about bacon, you must try the pork belly. The Georgia Pitt sandwich was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceADubDined on 11/3/2014Fun menu with a lot of variety, good happy hour specials. Parking is a bit of a nightmare at the mall with other busy restaurants as neighbors.
- Excellent BrunchgreatSundaybrunchDined on 11/2/2014Well priced at $10.95 each, several Brunch options which included a mimosa, satisfied everyone in our group. I had the Scottish Breakfast which highlighted Salmon. I've had the Shrimp & Cheesy grits in the past which is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedPastaloverDined on 11/1/2014The food was average at best. Limited options and the service was extremely slow. Plus I don't feel like we were welcomed or thanked for coming. It was my first and last visit.
- Bad experienceBillandAnnVIPDined on 10/31/2014We were rushed through dinner after being told our main course would be held while we enjoyed a drink and an appetizer. One sip of our drink and one bite of some great onion rings and our main course arrived. We split a bone-in NY Strip that was cooked properly but full of grizzle. We finished dinner and were on our way home in 30 minutes. We should have gone to MacDonalds. We won't be back.
- Great PlacelovegoodfoodDined on 10/26/2014Brunch dishes may sound expensive but easily feed two. Or as we did take the rest for another meal. I love left overs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Foodkerri55345Dined on 10/25/2014Nice location. Entrance right outside Eden Prairie Mall. Good food. The baked beans were out of the world. I actually ordered a to-go box to have the next day. The pit sandwich was yummy as well.Special Features:
- Actually disappointedMollyDined on 10/25/2014The tables were extra small. The service was sub par and the food was nothing to write home about. When asked how our appetizer was, I said it wasn't that good. The server actually said, "Yeah, that's how I feel about that one too." Thought that was a bit off. Won't be going back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Didn't meet expectationsCASCDined on 10/24/2014Hostess that squints is rude with a superior attitude. I am very familiar with Berkshire Pork and it's wonderful taste and texture. This was tough, dry and lacked flavor. The choice of roll does nothing for your sandwiches. It's just big to appear that you get a lot for the money. Won't be back.
- Nothing good this timewineandfoodloverVIPDined on 10/19/2014We are regulars at Prairie Tap House and have always had good food and service. Not this time. The server never could understand that our children wanted the spaghetti from the regular menu - even though I said it twice, they got shells from the children's menu. My Reuben was merely warm and the meat was tough. My wife's pulled port was only warm, as well. French fries (all around) were cold and limp. This time we were there for dinner (we usually go for lunch) and the place was really busy. You would think on a busy night at least the fries would be fresh. We will not return for dinner and are seriously rethinking whether or not to give lunch another try.
- One of our faves!4at707Dined on 10/18/2014We've visited the Prairie Tap House twice, and both times, our expectations were exceeded. The focus here is on the food and beverages. My husband loves Belgian style beers and has a difficult time choosing from the always ample and ever-changing beer menu. Our server, Ryan, was perfect -- knowledgeable, helpful, kind, and quick. The kids' food came out shortly before ours (perfect), and ALL of us enjoyed our meals! I recommend the Thai Dragon Pit Beef, and the Pit Pork, and my husband says he's never had a better burger than the Lyn Lake. If you're eating low-carb, you can request the sandwiches without a bun, and they'll place the meat and goodies in a nice bowl -- honestly, it may actually be easier to eat it with a fork! We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great neighborhood findteach1VIPDined on 10/14/2014I always seem to order the bean burger, which I love. The service is always good, and we get right in. They also have a great happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkFoodie1972VIPDined on 10/14/2014I Went there for the first time the other day. Service was slow. Our water glasses were empty for most of the mail. Our dinner plates were not cleared until the dessert was literally arriving. Our server was nice. The food was ok. The gnocchi with bolognese was good. The pomodoro sauce is not actually a sauce but pieces of mozzarella and cherry tomatoes. Not what we expected. The biggest disappointment was the Latin Pig sandwich. The description sounded amazing: Pit pork drenched in Manderin habanero sauce. Yum! Sounded spicy and tasty. However, the sandwich contained thinly sliced meat, no sauce, avocado and mayo. Not spicy at all. The mayo and avocado flavors dominated.Special Features:
- Food is mediocremozartDined on 10/12/2014On my 2nd visit (the last one being a year ago when they first opened), I was once again disappointed. I had a Tap Burger and I've had better tasting burgers at Burger King. It had absolutely no flavor. The cost for a burger & fries is high - $10.95 - and although they give you enough fries to feed 4 people, everything was blah. My son had their steak & eggs - no taste at all. 3rd person in my group ordered the Philly Beef Pit - it came on a hamburger bun. Have you ever had a Philly Steak & Cheese sandwich that is not served on a hoagie? Nicely decorated, good located, but I won't be going back again for a while. One good thing, they had the Packers game on, even though the Vikings were playing at the same time.Special Features:
- Great place to watch the game & eatmartDined on 10/11/2014Great place to watch the game and have apps went there last Saturday to eat and was 1hr wait so we came back to eat the next week bar was busy but fun apps were tasty but watery, wait staff was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great beanburgerteach1VIPDined on 10/11/2014We really enjoy eating at the Prairie Tap House. They have a great bean burger, the portions are large, and the service is great. They have a lot to choose from . The Happy Hour is very good, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not recommendedilltryanythingDined on 10/11/2014I was so excited to spend my 40th birthday at this new restaurant in Eden Prairie. I don’t get to go out much, and when my husband said we should go to Eden Prairie Center, I thought this restaurant sounded like the most fun (based on their website). The beer was luke warm, the waitress forgot about us more than once, and the beef in the lettuce wraps and in the Pit Beef sandwich was very, very tough – nothing like was bragged about in the menu.
- Beer On TapOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/11/2014Many brews on tap including my favorite, Surly FuriousSpecial Features:
- just OK for the burbsTHAIIIDined on 10/10/2014Really basic place. It just smelled of strip mall. Food was reasonable and generous portions. Just not a place I would go back to. I don't know why we can't get interesting dining in an upscale place like Eden Prairie.
- Usually Good ExperiencekingrogersDined on 10/9/2014Restaurant dining room closed for a private event. We were seated (late) in a very crowded, noisy bar. Our primary server was great but the food server spilled an oil based dressing on one of my guests and didn't return to assist in the clean up until she came back in with more food plates. Then, she only had a dry towel with her which obviously wasn't adequate. One side item which was ordered failed to appear but was on the bill until I challenged it. The food is very good but this was just a bad night for guests with reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weird atmospherefisheyeDined on 10/5/2014The restaurant to me is not very welcoming, the booths are tight, food is fair and the portions of their pasta dish are small.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014I was glad we had gotten reservations on a Saturday night it was very busy. I thought it was a bit loud for just a couple to talk but the food and service was great. I would recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Sandwiches!kingrogersDined on 9/24/2014The Pit Beef is a signature item which cannot be missed! Portions are huge! I substitute cole slaw for the fries (which are also very good) because the slaw is the best I have eaten! Wine list is weak as are the pours but that's not why you come here. Lots of brewski choices to help wash down the fabulous food! Overall, highly recommended!Special Features:
- OK. Not great.IlikefoodDined on 9/23/2014Food was OK. Good beer selection. Service started out good, but dropped as our meal progressed. Decor was very lackluster. Not a place I would hurry back to.Special Features:
- Great foodRPDPDined on 9/20/2014Very good food and nice variety as well as good service.Special Features:
- Far too averageCindyKVIPDined on 9/12/2014Won't be returning. This restaurant had nothing special to bring me back. So many of the dishes were so high in calories, even many of the salads.
- Big group meeting every monthOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/11/2014My book club meets here every month and we love it. The food is good and the service is too! There is a reason we keep coming back!Special Features:
- Cheap and decentImaPepperDined on 9/5/2014Really good basic bar grub. Reasonable prices, and the house made pickles are the bomb! Not a bad choice for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downer of a date night!PeppylovergalDined on 9/5/2014We went in for drinks, apps and dinner for date night! The drinks were 2-1 on happy hour so I ordered house Chardonnay. I am not a drinker (I average 2 drinks a week, MAX) and these two glasses of wine tasted like water. Normally at home I get a buzz on half a glass of wine, I got nothing from two whole glasses. My bf said it tasted like it had been watered down significantly too. Apps were soft pretzels. They came out barely room temp and rubbery as all get out. We sent them back. The manager brought out a second set and said it was "right out of the oven" but they were ICE cold, sent it back again, never got new ones. My Philly meat was tough and over-cooked and tasted like plastic. BF said the fish and chips were ok. SO disappointing!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Ambiance and decor need work. Otherwise food was good.Special Features:
- delicious brunchCharlieVIPDined on 8/31/2014Had a lovely brunch with daughter on Sunday. My daughter had a scrambler plate and I had some amazing shrimp and grits. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BreakfasttiggerDined on 8/23/2014We stopped in Sunday for their noon brunch and absolutely LOVE THE FOOD! We'll be back for more!Special Features:
- Just not feeling itfoodie23Dined on 8/22/2014We have been to the resturant a few times. I try to give everything a couple of chance before I make up my mind. I have experience in the resturant industry so I understand there are just off days. All the times I have been there the food is just mediocre and the portions are way to large. The last time we were there we had the worst waitress I have ever had in my life. Not only did she not come to the table to check on our table, but she also came to give us our bill before we had even recieved our food. We wil not be back!
- WhateverdinerTHVIPDined on 8/15/2014Not notable enough to write anything other than whatever. Kind if a so-so experience.