Prairie Tap House
8251 Flying Cloud Drive
Eden Prairie, MN 55344Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Prairie Tap House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://theprairietaphouse.com/
- Phone: 9522174054
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00am, Saturday: 10:00am - 2:00am, Sunday: 10:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Phil Dvorak
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Prairie Tap House
The Prairie Tap House will bring residents of Eden Prairie and the surrounding areas, high quality food and drinks at a reasonable price. The Tap House specializes in Baltimore style pit beef, an extensive draft beer list and quality crafted cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Prairie Tap House - Best Restaurants in Eden Prairie ›
Prairie Tap House reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (47)great for lunch (45)neighborhood gem (45)good for groups (42)kid-friendly (31)great for brunch (21)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (17)late-night find (17)special occasion (16)great for outdoor dining (14)notable wine list (6)romantic (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Outstanding Sandwiches!kingrogersDined on 9/24/2014The Pit Beef is a signature item which cannot be missed! Portions are huge! I substitute cole slaw for the fries (which are also very good) because the slaw is the best I have eaten! Wine list is weak as are the pours but that's not why you come here. Lots of brewski choices to help wash down the fabulous food! Overall, highly recommended!Special Features:
- OK. Not great.IlikefoodDined on 9/23/2014Food was OK. Good beer selection. Service started out good, but dropped as our meal progressed. Decor was very lackluster. Not a place I would hurry back to.Special Features:
- Great foodRPDPDined on 9/20/2014Very good food and nice variety as well as good service.Special Features:
- Far too averageCindyKVIPDined on 9/12/2014Won't be returning. This restaurant had nothing special to bring me back. So many of the dishes were so high in calories, even many of the salads.
- Big group meeting every monthOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/11/2014My book club meets here every month and we love it. The food is good and the service is too! There is a reason we keep coming back!Special Features:
- Cheap and decentImaPepperDined on 9/5/2014Really good basic bar grub. Reasonable prices, and the house made pickles are the bomb! Not a bad choice for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downer of a date night!PeppylovergalDined on 9/5/2014We went in for drinks, apps and dinner for date night! The drinks were 2-1 on happy hour so I ordered house Chardonnay. I am not a drinker (I average 2 drinks a week, MAX) and these two glasses of wine tasted like water. Normally at home I get a buzz on half a glass of wine, I got nothing from two whole glasses. My bf said it tasted like it had been watered down significantly too. Apps were soft pretzels. They came out barely room temp and rubbery as all get out. We sent them back. The manager brought out a second set and said it was "right out of the oven" but they were ICE cold, sent it back again, never got new ones. My Philly meat was tough and over-cooked and tasted like plastic. BF said the fish and chips were ok. SO disappointing!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Ambiance and decor need work. Otherwise food was good.Special Features:
- delicious brunchCharlieDined on 8/31/2014Had a lovely brunch with daughter on Sunday. My daughter had a scrambler plate and I had some amazing shrimp and grits. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BreakfasttiggerDined on 8/23/2014We stopped in Sunday for their noon brunch and absolutely LOVE THE FOOD! We'll be back for more!Special Features:
- Just not feeling itfoodie23Dined on 8/22/2014We have been to the resturant a few times. I try to give everything a couple of chance before I make up my mind. I have experience in the resturant industry so I understand there are just off days. All the times I have been there the food is just mediocre and the portions are way to large. The last time we were there we had the worst waitress I have ever had in my life. Not only did she not come to the table to check on our table, but she also came to give us our bill before we had even recieved our food. We wil not be back!
- WhateverdinerTHVIPDined on 8/15/2014Not notable enough to write anything other than whatever. Kind if a so-so experience.
- Staff LunchLutheransLunchDined on 8/12/2014We had a great experience as we bid farewell to a co-worker. The service was great, the food was good and plentiful. We all enjoyed the beverage selection, especially the beer selection. This was the second time we came to lunch as a staff and we enjoyed it both times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not good at all...eatininsteadDined on 8/11/20144 adults went to dinner. Three of the four ordered different items on the menu. The only winner was the burger. The pork sandwiches were terrible. Tasted like leftover pork from a week ago. The beef wasn't any better. Stale bread too. The French fries had so much salt on them that we didn't eat them. Very disappointing experience overall. We were all looking forward to trying a new place in Eden Prairie. We will not be back. So sorry.....for you and for us.Special Features:
- Fun and Unique MenuEPDinerDined on 8/10/2014Six met for brunch. We loved the diverse and unique menu with all the same price. All were able to find something fun to eat. Everyone loved their food and all exressed the desire to go back for lunch and dinner! We sat inside but the outside seating looks great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014took almost two hours to get one round of drinks, salad course, then our dinner. 5:30 on a Saturday night. lots of empty tables.
- Go somewhere else!!MinnesotaDined on 8/7/2014It was suppose to be a special night for my daughter. Didn't end up that way. Had an issue, asked to speak to the manager and he told the server that he was not coming over to our table. Pretty rude and very unprofessional! Go spend your money somewhere else, people!!
- First Timestpats07Dined on 8/6/2014It was the first time we dined at Prairie Tap House, but it surely will not be the last. Thank you.Special Features:
- yateshDined on 8/3/2014Service was extemely slow and inattentive. Idk if he was hungover or just uninterested in our table, but we're not returning.
- Food is amazing, great pricesMJ19Dined on 8/1/2014We've been to PTH a couple times now and the food doesn't disappoint. Their pit sandwiches are filling and flavorful and the prices for everything is reasonable. They also have a great happy hour and a good value kid's menu. We have brought our son with us both times, and never felt like he didn't belong.Special Features:
- PatTVIPDined on 7/31/2014Dined on THUR night at 6:30pm in celebration of my daughter's 17th birthday. Lots of things done right. My wife and kids were running approx. 10 minutes late and you kept our reservation. Positive. You brought out a "monster" piece of chocolate birthday cake that was incredibly delicious. Major positive :) Thanks again for making my daughter's birthday dinner memorable.Special Features:
- BAD SERVICEWeeseDined on 7/29/2014The service we had was not good, we were there early for HH and dinner, there were not many people there. We didn't receive our appetizers that we ordered, I asked about them when our dinner was brought out and he seemed annoyed that I asked and asked if I still wanted them. We did want one of them. I asked for a side of ranch for my meal - three times. I finally had to go in the restaurant to get it, as I was walking to the bar he came out with it in his hand and gave me a dirty look and said looking for something. Oh well, I guess you could of used the extra exercise - what does that mean??? Then he says I get enough walking back and forth all the time. WHAT - that is your job! Very appalling.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014Amazing chicken wings! Huge portions. Very delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014When we arrived to the restaurant it took too long for us to be seated. The waitress took to long to take our order. It was our first time there, would not recommend, will not visit again.
- Good Dinner SpotRedd2016Dined on 7/18/2014Not super busy and very wide variety on menu. Great service and enjoyed the variety of beer available. I had lobster gnocchi and it had a flavorable sauces listed but did fall flat on flavor. Has a lot of potential to be a great place. It was good overall and I would recommend it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved everything!mtjjDined on 7/14/2014We had a wonderful time! The hostess greeted us right away and acknowledged it was our anniversary. Shane was an awesome server; knowledgable and attentive. Every item we ordered, Scotch Eggs, Beef Ribs, Shells and Cheese, Walleye Fingers, Horseradish Mashers and Ice Cream Sandwich, was amazing! Would definitely go back as the whole menu looked yummy and it was fun trying to decide what to taste. Many more decisions for future visits!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large portions, nice serverDanielVIPDined on 7/13/2014This was a TGIF in an earlier life. We thought the food was freshly prepared and the server was friendly and helpful. Unlike many places in this area, they stay open late which is great when you need a late nite place for food. But we didn't find the food that great tasting. The lobster rolls ( like egg rolls ) were $13.95 for two smallish rolls without much flavor. The peel and eat shrimp were a good sized portion, but the flavor was not great, rather dusty. The pit meat sandwiches were large with hot fries, but again the flavor was just ok. We may come back if we had to eat late nite, but otherwise, no.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Room for improvementcrabcakeloverVIPDined on 7/12/2014I went to Prairie Tap House with friends and family after a movie. The waiter was inattentive (the bus boy was much more helpful!) and the food was fair. After placing our order, we didn't see the waiter again until after the food was brought out. By then, 3 of us wanted to order another drink (beer and wine, not free soda refills), and we couldn't get him to take the order. When he finally got the other orders and delivered the second round of drinks, he refused to take the empty glasses, which we asked him to do because the table was full. Everyone at our table agreed that the food was nothing to write home about and we were disappointed with the service.
- Wouldn't go againbettyDined on 7/6/2014We went for the brunch on Sunday and I was NOT impressed. My sister go the biscuits and gravy dish and when she got it one of the biscuits was so hard she couldn't even cut it with a knife!! How old was this thing - gross!! The server did get her a whole new plate with softer biscuits, but the dish itself was only so-so. I got the breakfast hash and it was not good. The meat was tough and had grizzle in it so it wasn't tender and flavorful at all. The only good thing we had was the huge pecan caramel sticky bun. That was AMAZING!!! The service was ok, but it wasn't great. I had a Groupon for this place, which is why I thought it would be fun to give it a try, but I will not be returning.
- Yumfor5VIPDined on 7/3/2014Typical bar for mall location. Lots of beers to chose from both bottles and on tap. Music was very loud - could not converse with others at end of table. Crowd was more "bar group" than for dinner. Server was excellent. Food average for a bar, good selection of pork sandwiches. We had 3 kids with us, was not a great location for a family style dinner. Would return to try again for lunch or happy hour with friends, not dinner.Special Features:
- Very disappointed1stchoicealwaysVIPDined on 7/2/2014Nothing ended up being good with our experience here. Long wait for service. Food overcooked and tasted very poor. 4 of us in party and not one of us liked what we ordered - all different items. Had to wait too long for everything - appetizer, wine, entree. Hope they can fix these things. Location good, but poor everything else!
- Good Cuban sandwichbrynglowDined on 6/29/2014The Cuban sandwich was good. The smoke Gouda burger was not as good as I expected.Special Features:
- Huge Portions of Good FoodDBC55438Dined on 6/28/2014This was our first visit to the Prairie Tap House. Relaxed atmosphere, and a nice selection of menu choices. Definitely a place for the carnivore, but there were plenty of other options as well. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- DisappointmentDisappointedCatDined on 6/28/2014The inside of the restaurant is nicely decorated. We were sat in a room that was a SUPER warm. Too warm. The food was NOT good AT ALL! We ordered our burgers medium and the came well done and as dry as a hockey puck. My husband ordered a sunny side egg on top of his. Nothing was sunny side up about it. The yoke was not runny and was like a hard boiled egg. The server was introverted and not helpful ay all. She was very timid. Over all we will not go back. We won't recommend it to our worst enemy and doubt it will last.
- Great AmbianceRellaDined on 6/27/2014We ate at the bar around 9:00 pm on a Friday. There was a moderate size crowd, and the ambiance was trendy and urban. Some of the food around us looked amazing as we pondered our decision. The veggie burger was AMAZING, but the chicken sandwich was less than delightful. It was a bit dry and bland. They had a great beer selection; however, it took 15 minutes before the bartender was able to peel himself away from chatting and serving a particular crowd to take care of us. We would definitely give it another chance because there was enough hope to expect better the second round.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sisters dinnerKathyDined on 6/26/2014My sisters and I meet every two weeks or so and decided to try this place. A wonderful surprise. The onion rings are awesome and the blue cheese burger was very tasty. Our server was very attentive. We would definitely go back and would recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Nothing specialstpauldinerDined on 6/24/2014We looked forward to dining here after seeing the menu online. I would say the food was ok but nothing special. (Or anything I would hurry back for). The hostess was overwhelmed and by herself when we got there (and on the phone taking a customer order over the phone). I got the Chopped salad - it had way too much dressing and all I could taste was that dressing for the rest of the night.Special Features:
- Server was EXCELLENTOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/24/2014We had a gracious and fun server- he took great care of us and had a great sense of humor!Special Features:
- The food was awesome!LadyCDined on 6/21/2014Very interesting combinations of flavors on the pit BBQ sandwiches. Definitely recommend the Buffalo Bleu sandwich and Cuban pork. The sandwiches were huge! Craft beer choices was great and we all enjoyed different flights. The wait staff was very knowledgeable about the different beers. The restaurant faces west and was uncomfortably warm near the front windows, but the staff moved us to a cooler location very quickly when asked. We would definitely go back again!Special Features:
- OpinionJustbeingFrankDined on 6/21/2014The tables along the center wall are too open as it is the corridor for the wait staff as well as patrons. Booths would give a more private space. The décor is lacking, after visiting the web site I was expecting completely different. Perhaps a different type of lighting would give a better ambiance.Special Features: