Prairie 360 Restaurant & Lounge
83 Garry Street
Winnipeg, MB R3C 4J9Neighborhood:
CanadianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Prairie 360 Restaurant & Lounge
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.prairie360.ca/
- Phone: 2045052680
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Canadian
- Executive Chef: Alfonso Maury
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Prairie 360 Restaurant & Lounge
Winnipeg's newly renovated revolving restaurant!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Prairie 360 Restaurant & Lounge - Best Restaurants in Winnipeg ›
Prairie 360 Restaurant & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
432 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (384)special occasion (277)romantic (157)good for groups (109)notable wine list (99)fit for foodies (95)great for brunch (69)great for lunch (63)neighborhood gem (53)kid-friendly (38)late-night find (34)hot spot (33)great for outdoor dining (11)vibrant bar scene (8)Show More
- Noisy!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Restaurant difficult to get to, especially for seniors. Directions for parking in parkade could be clearer. Step #1,(When going east on Broadway, turn right onto Garry Street"), was the only clear step. Step #2 is incorrect. You do not "turn right", you turn left! We had 1 senior in our party and I noticed a few other seniors having to do a lot of traversing to reach dining room. The view was stunning! I'm glad we have been once and would perhaps take out of town guests there once, but other than that I probably will choose an easier spot to access and a quiter place. There doesn't seem to be good acoustics. And I also thought that the dining area, although it's very modern, wasn't as pretty as it had been in the Royal Crown".Special Features:
- Decent food, but priceyFood4thoughtDined on 9/20/2014Food and service are good, but the prices are quite high. It's a beautiful view.Special Features:
- Unique dinning experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Unique dinning experience. The view was awesome, superb service from the hospitable staff. The staff was very knowledgeable with menu and the wine list. We would highly recommend 360 Prairie to all.Special Features:
- Great NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Went out with a group. The menu had a good variety and the service was good. The view of the city was excellent. Great place to have a night outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not so greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014although my soup and salad were good (salad a little too vinegary), it was enjoyable. However the venison buns were totally dried out, and should never been placed on the table. Also the chicken buns were the same. The crusts were peeling off, and this type of bread has been frozen, and unthawed and old. I use this type of bread for my turkey dressing. Very disappointed that they would try to pass this off as fresh.Special Features:
- Great serviceFoodWineJunkieDined on 9/16/2014This was our first visit to Prairie 360. The food, views, and service were excellent. The pricing is not for the faint of wallet, but an excellent spot for a special occasion. We will be back.Special Features:
- Wonderful Evening!StonyMountain14Dined on 9/12/2014Before booking the restaurant I read the reviews and almost did not make the reservation. I'm so happy we ignored the negative comments and decided to check it out ourselves. Our dinner was fantastic, my family enjoyed their meals and the view was outstanding. Our waiter (unfortunately I can't recall his name) was the best we have ever encountered. He was knew their menu items, including their ingredients, and was able to offer some great suggestions on what to order. We could not have asked for a better evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent experiencepgarnDined on 9/12/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our experience and made our 10 year anniversary extra special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would definitely go back!DateNightDined on 9/12/2014Great overall dining experience. Greeted and served in such a warm, friendly manner. Service was prompt and efficient. Very friendly and attentive. Food was good. A different menu, more localized specialties as Prairie 360 has come to be known for. Great romantic date night spot. Must be popular, booking in advance is a necessity to guarantee a reservation.Special Features:
- Great food excellent serviceSkozannDined on 9/12/2014When we first got there it was difficult to focus on choosing food and beverages because the veiw was so distracting. We had a long wait for our meal but we almost didn't even notice since we were still focused on the veiw. They offered us a free dessert in turn for the wait which I thought was outstanding. I had the Cornish game hen and my friend has the walleye. The walleye was definitly better than the hen, it had better flavour and my hen was a little over cooked, but the vegetable and potatoe accompaniment was fantastic. Great place overallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itLuveditDined on 9/12/2014Although I enjoyed my dinner, my husband did not. His $50 steak was salty and tasteless. The chefs soup was excellent. The pork Wellington was very tasty but the side was blah. The appetizer, although very tasty was overpriced. $19 for two prawns. The views are obviously great but the restaurant lacked ambience and was very basic. The meals and ambience did not coincide with the high prices. We will not return.Special Features:
- DissapointedunderwhelmedDined on 9/12/2014It is a lovely place and the view spectacular. My son and I both had the pork chops and they were good. But my wife's Pickerel was charred and unpleasant tasting. She said, "all I can taste is char and propane." She had a hard time finnishing. My daughter's food was unlpeasant as well. "Unfortunately, my venison was overcooked and tasted oddly like MSG (so weird). The vegetables were forgettable and the risotto was gluey and tasted only of salt." It's a fairly pricey menu... we expected much more from the food.Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningIheartfoodDined on 9/11/2014The scenery was beautiful as we watched the city light up. The menu emphasizes local food. The service was very good and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- moonshineDined on 9/11/2014Dinning at 360 was a great experience. The scenery was outstanding. Service was friendly and very well paced. Food was very good. I realize that the restaurant was presenting a local food menu. I wish there was more variety on the menu. I would of loved to order the steaks, but the cuts were to big, could of had at least 8 oz. size on the menu. Otherwise will consider coming back. Will come backfor the lunch session as it has more variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restarantdannykDined on 9/11/2014though our server wasn't the nicest one. The game meal was quite tastefull.Special Features:
- The perfect venue for diningBrad2014Dined on 9/10/2014Overall it was great. Great service, great views and the cornish hens were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014We went to Prairie 360 for our 36th Anniversary and had a very nice evening. It was on a Tuesday evening so the restaurant was not very busy which is exactly the way we like it. The waiter was very helpful in explaining things to us that we had questions about. When he didn't know the answer he went and checked with the kitchen. The food was delicious and local which is very important to us. The wine list looked impressive but more than we were willing to pay for a bottle. The view was great, we were able to see it during daylight and on into the evening when the lights came on. We would definitely return for another evening and recommend it to others. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste DelightfareintheairDined on 9/9/2014Prairie 360 is a superb combination of amazing food, terrific changing views, and very personable staff. I was very impressed at the creativity/presentation of the plates presented. I am a huge fan of using local fresh ingredients in unexpected ways. The Pork Wellington was outrageously delicious. First time having a Semi-Freddo--yummy! The whole experience was a "taste delight" for the palate.Special Features:
- Anniversary LunchEat2RunDined on 9/9/2014We were thrilled to have lunch at Prairie 360 on our 25th Anniversary. We got engaged there just over 25 years before and it was wonderful to go back to the same place. With all that has changed at The Forks, the view was great. We stayed for almost 2 hours watching the city go by. I was very impressed with our waitress who checked and double checked my wife's order. My wife has several life threatening food allergies and the restaurant did everything they could to accommodate her requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our dinnerKooliecaDined on 9/8/2014Service was excellent. The giant prawn/shrimp appetizer was simply delicious. My wife had the Cornish game hen and I had the ribeye. The ribeye was chewer then I expected, although it was cooked exactly right. My wife enjoyed the chicken. It was our anniversary and they gave us a complimentary dessert. We ordered the choclate ganoche, it was so yummy! The views are awesome, it takes about an hour to make the full revolution.Special Features:
- food can be betterTawnytigereyesDined on 9/7/2014hi the " experience " of being at the restaurant is quite great and I enjoyed. it so beautiful out there! the only thing that for the price of the brunch the quality and execution could be better. It was a so so meal, the only thing that I ate that had proper seasoning and it was good it was the fries and the waffle . The salmon did not taste fresh , it tasted frozen , I could not eat. The salads missed seasoning and the beef sliced section, it had no salt or pepper. I ate a piece and left on the side most of it. The eggs had no taste too. So basically the chef needs to get food some salt, pepper and herbs. The carrot cake tasted good and the other chocolate thing had ended when I came to eat and it was not replaced. Service was ok.Special Features:
- Brunch at Prairie 360OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014I found it very confusing getting up to the restaurant. Possibly staggering the reservations i.e. 10:30,10:45,etc. would make it less congested and confusing. I did not appreciate being told that we had to leave an hour after arriving. I did understand that our reservation was for 1 1/2 hours, but time was not allowed for us getting up to the restaurant. The food was very good and of course, the view is spectacular. I would not recommend the brunch to others , but possibly a lunch or dinner which would hopefully, not be "timed" and would be more relaxed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our 39th wedding anniversary2inloveDined on 9/6/2014The service was excellent the food was wonderful we wish we could do it more often This is our special place we will be back in OctoberSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New to fine dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Was super good food, super friendly staff, overall great expSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodkc77Dined on 9/6/2014The food, service and views were all great!. It doesn't come cheap however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The food was good and we all enjoyed. Our grand kids were quite impressed that we had taken them to such a classy place. We are pensioners and if our son wouldn't have given us a gift certificate for Prairie 360 at Christmas we would never have been able to afford it. The restaurant is just above our means.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014My husband and I visited Praire 360 for our 12th anniversary. We thoroughly enjoyed the food, the service and the atmosphere and will definitely recommend this restaurant to our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An amazing dining experience!live4foodDined on 9/5/2014Thanks to everyone at Prairie 360 for an amazing dining experience! Great food, amazing service and an awesome atmosphere. I have already started to recommend Prairie 360 to other family and friends. Thanks again on behalf of me and my family for an amazingly memorable night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your typical fareAdventurousPalateDined on 9/4/2014We were a little apprehensive about trying the 360 after reading the reviews on trip advisor but are very glad we decided the view would be worth going for. The food was fabulous and very different. Love the Manitoba theme of the menu..Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2014The table one over from us had kids, I took my wife for her birthday and I booked it at 7:30pm to watch the sun go down and have the view from daylight as well as night time, also I had to remind the waiter about our drinks, but it was still a good dinner experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than a great viewfoodwithaviewDined on 9/2/2014Winnipeg in all its glory. the Human Rights Museum, the Forks, the Legislature and more as we traveled in our rotating restaurant. This was almost worth the price of admission but the whole experience was fantastic as we celebrated our 7th anniversary. The service including help selecting a wine, ideas re food and attention to our needs, including a complimentary desert to top off our meal. Finally the food, I had Venison and my sweetie had the rack of lamb add an appetizer and a salad to a great meal we were pleased with everything after all it is among the more costly restaurants we have visited and one does not want to be disappointed. Finally the night was topped off by a beautiful Winnipeg/Prairie sunset priceless!!Special Features:
- Good foodBlahDined on 8/31/2014The food is great, and the view was amazing, to bad the service was one of the worst experiences I have had in a while. Since this place had been open for over a year, I would have expected more...Special Features:
- Very poorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Our party of 8 was very surprised at how cold the food was. Speaking for myself, I did not enjoy the limited number of choices and really, was quite shocked. We expected far more. For example, we have had brunch at the ultra casual CanadInns Altos and would never have thought that their brunch would far surpass that of Prairie 360. Not meaning to be completely negative, I will say that the server was friendly and attentive and the view is unsurpassed. But this is also a restaurant and the food should have been delicious! Alas, none of us expect to return.
- foodiesDined on 8/30/2014the fish was magnificent however the venison was too well done with not so much flavour. the lamb was greatSpecial Features:
- Wonderful celebrationElizabethGDined on 8/30/2014Our family celebration was particularly special because of sharing the Winnipeg skyline with out of province guests. My husband, son and I were especially impressed with the Canadian menu and spectacularly prepared food, from appetizers and soups to entres. I had no idea lamb could be such a delicate and delicious dish and it is a rare find to find a plank with a variety of smoked fish so tasty! As for our guests more traditional tastes, they made short work of their steak and Cornish game hen. Though we were stuffed from a meal that included very filling tasteful soups my son and I each gave in and ordered sabayon with berries for a light and sweet finish - nice! My only wish was for a lighter coffee. We had great service, thank You!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not HappyNaeediaDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I went to Prairie 360 for the first time on our wedding anniversary on August 29, 2014. Our service was good at the restaurant but the variety of menu was very limited. The server gave us a duplex letter size page with menu items. We were expecting a lot more options than what we were provided. The few options we had extremely overpriced for example steak for $49 compared to average of $28- $35 at other places. We ordered 2 soup specials and salad specials with coke and it cost us $55 and we didn't finish our food. The soup was really disgusting and salad was really really cold probably brought from a cooler. Temperature was very cold that my wife borrowed my jacket. Overall we had the worst experience on our anniversary...Special Features:
- Not so Happy.hate2eatDined on 8/29/2014Unfortunately my review would be very negative but hopefully it will make some positive changes. 1. you don't enjoy your lunch when you need to put on a sweater because of a drafty freezing cold air, some attempt was made to change it. The Sandwiches was no Different than a fast food place. The soup was warm should have been hot. Revolving feature nice for our out of town company, but overall disappointing experience. Several other points but never mind.Special Features:
- Great view but food could be betterenjoygreatfoodDined on 8/29/2014We chose Prairie 360 to celebrate our anniversary and because we like the view of the city. We found our lunch to be mediocre. It was ok but not great. The view was enjoyable. It was very cold in the restaurant. My soup and entrée were served at the same time so needless to say, when I finished my soup, my meal was cold. They were considerate in having it reheated but it took a long time to come back to the table. They treated us with a dessert for our occasion - a rhubarb platz, which was tasty. My entrée - Manitoba Oyster, consisted of pickerel and rice. It would have been nicer if it was a more balanced meal of pickerel, rice and vegetable (or salad). I was also not thrilled about finding a large bone in the pickerel!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014The salad was disappointing and difficult to eat out of a cereal bowl and no more inspired than what you would find at the mall food court. The main meal and the dessert were fine but not necessarily memorable. For a restaurant that touts itself as a fine dining establishment and at these prices, I was disappointed that there were no linen tableclothes and linen napkins. Our table was wet the whole time from condensation from our water glasses which we needed to dry with our polyester napkins in order to keep our sleeves dry. Our server, Chris, was excellent and we were happy with the pacing of the food service.Special Features:
- FoodLuvDined on 8/28/2014Enjoyed a wonderful anniversary dinner. Had the best steak I've ever eaten! Service was fantastic as well. It's a costly night out but well worth it! An excellent complement to a night at the fort Garry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.