Powder – Waldorf Astoria Park City Utah
Waldorf Astoria Park City Utah
2100 W Frostwood Drive
Park City, UT 84098Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Powder – Waldorf Astoria Park City Utah
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.parkcitywaldorfastoria.com/park-city-utah-dining-en.html
- Phone: (435) 647-5566
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily, 7:00am - 11:00am
Lunch: Daily, 11:00am - 3:00pm
Apres Ski: 3:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday through Wednesday, 5:00pm - 10:00pm & Thursday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Bar and Lounge: Daily, 11:30am - Close
Room Service: 24hrs
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ryker Brown
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Waldorf Astoria Park City is pleased to offer many private dining options perfect for every event; from a casual weekend brunch to an elegant cocktail reception or a formal, sit-down dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Cole Hale 4356475504x
- Entertainment: Wednesday through Saturday, live acoustic music for dinner hours.
A word from Powder – Waldorf Astoria Park City Utah
Powder at the Waldorf Astoria Park City serves a Modern Mountain Menu, with fish from Utah's fresh water lakes, beef that graze the hills of Summit County and roots, herbs and mountain flowers picked from our own backyard. As our ingredients come from the bountiful mountains and valleys of Utah, the menu changes seasonally. Dining at the Waldorf Astoria is an experience - convivial and relaxed with whimsical elements of service and quality in the ingredients and the Chef's technique.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Powder – Waldorf Astoria Park City Utah reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (6)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (5)notable wine list (4)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)good for groups (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Anniversary DinnerUtchefDined on 10/22/2014Excellent service, steep prices, slightly above average foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014VERY hit and miss... Our servers were great but the food disappointed. Too bad they can't work it out... such a great space.Special Features:
- Nice DinnerJulieVIPDined on 9/15/2014Staying at the Waldorf Astoria, we decided to try Powder for dinner. It was very quiet on this particular Monday evening. We were the only table indoors (there was one outdoors) so that was a bit weird. However, the dinner and service was excellent. Our server, Laura was outstanding. For being the only table, she was not overbearing, however was attentive. The food was delicious.
- Overpriced/underwhelmedjgLovesGoodFoodDined on 9/11/2014We were so disappointed by this restaurant. Reservation read " celebrating our 32 anniversary. A quiet table with a view would be nice". And...we were staying at the hotel. A 20 bottle of wine was $75. Service was unattentive due a large party of 20. Lettuce in Caesar salad wasn't fresh and the couldn't be bothered to split it for us. No acknowledgement of our anniversary. Food was nothing special.Special Features:
- Great Eclectic FoodHeinz57Dined on 9/6/2014Service at Powder is fantastic! We had a wonderful server who knew her menu and was able to explain each of the items she brought to the table. The foods on the prix fixe menu were eclectic and interesting and delicious. We enjoyed ourselves at the outdoor setting and would go back again.Special Features:
- LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014My husband and I went for our Anniversary this last weekend. Our dining experience was excellent. We had prix fixe menu option. Everything was delicious and the servers was attentive, personable, and extremely polite. We'll definitely be making this our anniversary tradition.Special Features:
- The following 81 reviews are from the Powder – Waldorf Astoria Park City Utah reviews archive.
- Unguided ShipdonjoVIPDined on 7/4/2014This restaurant doesn't know where it's headed. On the one hand it wants to be luxurious, on the other a family hotel dining room. It ends up in the middle of nowhere. Nice look to the room, okay menu, good service - if overly formal. But the result is a completely unmemorable evening at a high price. Not likely to bring us back.Special Features:
- Excellent MenuCharlieDined on 7/3/2014The menu was excellent, many options. However, the execution left some to be desired. The butcher block appetizer had smoked and/or cured meats that were delicious. My wife had the Wagyu steak and it was excellent, my NY strip was much better the second time through. The first attempt wasn't cooked evenly, burnt on one end and cold on the other. The second try was much better.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerCariDined on 6/14/2014My husband and I have been celebrating our anniversary here for the last 4 years. The food, service, and atmosphere are always amazing. This year, there were several families with loud kids and screaming babies. No fault of the restaurant. We didn't let them ruin our night :-)Special Features:
- Great Mother's Day BrunchThomasTellsAllDined on 5/11/2014It was fantastic all the way around! The food was delicious. The service was friendly and prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Dinner ever!ZviarchoDined on 4/1/2014This is our best dinner in Park City. The food was exceptional, the service was superior and the ambience is great. I would recommend it any time. I would love to go back soon. Thank you Ian, for such an amazing service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missed the Mark, but has potential.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2014The food was awesome, when it was done right. Salad was served wrong twice. Took 10 minutes to remake, but when it was done right it was incredible. steak was med well on one side, rare on the other.. but when it was redone, it was incredible. Service was REALLy bad.. ordered a bottle of sparkling Water, which they refilled with tap at the end of our meal.. someone else must have drank it. Wine was overpriced… Here is the thing, when they got it right it was a 10 out of 10.. consistently was were they suffered...I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnfortunatelowmainenanceDined on 3/17/2014I felt the service was very good as well as the ambience, however, disappointed in the taste, especially for the price!
- Wish Spruce would come backOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/6/2014This is the second version since the original Spruce restaurant and each time I've been disappointed. Had a business lunch and with the exception of the bruchetta, the lunch entree's were uninspired. My bison melt was dry and they had run out of rye bread. Service was terrible.
- HarryHarryDined on 2/22/2014The service from Ian was impeccable. He made some excellent food and wine recommendations that we thoroughly enjoyed. Everything was incredible except the background noise level (music) was a little loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place overallOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/19/2014Perfect for special occasion and fun vacation spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what you would expectkirbyjbVIPDined on 2/13/2014This has the Waldorf prices, but not the atmosphere. There are a lot of kids running around, we were seated next to a bar with noisy TVs, and the food is only OK.
- Over-priced, pretentiouspcquilterDined on 1/23/2014We were a group of 6 who ordered 5 different entrees, all generously proportioned. Butternut squash soup was tasty but too rich for our tastes; Caesar salads were too peppery. Trout was deemed very good; pasta was fair (was described as with roasted tomatoes (served with 2 grape tomatoes) and Brussels sprouts (served with 2 )and butternut squash (a half-dozen miniature cubes)); scallops were fair, salmon was good but not prepared as described & wait staff insisted it was. Wine menu extensive but extremely overpriced. Beautiful décor. I am a local but would not recommend this restaurant.
- Very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/23/2014As long patrons of Slopes we were very disappointed with our first visit to the renovated and renamed Powder. The smaller restaurant is less elegant. The menu is more limited than before and the quality of the food has deteriorated. But for our wonderful waitress the evening would have been a total washout
- OverhypedZebra3719VIPDined on 1/22/2014Powder is a beautiful restaurant sitting in the gorgeous Waldorf Astoria. The views are breathtaking. Sadly, the food was not. My husband and I both ordered the trout. The presentation was lovely, but the food was tasteless. Quite disappointing at this price point.
- MIsrepresentedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/19/2014We booked a table online for Powder during Sundance. When we arrived, they had a private party in the restaurant and had us leave the hotel through the spa and walk around to the back of the hotel and eat in a repurposed hotel room. Food was not good, scallops white with no sear. They brought out our veggy sides right away, before the drinks even arrived. Clearly they should have said that the restaurant was booked.
- Excellent MealSaraDined on 1/1/2014We are staying at the hotel and had a wonderful experience at Powder. The food and service were both extraordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In the Waldorf at the CanyonsBWDoverDined on 1/1/2014If you are looking for a nice meal at the Canyons you now have a choice. This is the Hotel's restaurant so you see things you do not expect like kids running back and forth. We were also seated just beyond the bar for an early dinner so Apres ski was gping on. I would request a table in the back next time. The food was excellent but menu choices were limited. It seems that many Park City fine dining places offer many of the same items over and over. The sampled wines were good. One big fail a server spilled half my glass of wine delivering my food. He apologized and another glass was delivered. When the bill comes i am charged for it. They never said they were giving the other glass for free but i did not order it either.Special Features:
- Food was good, not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Food was good, not great. Service was kind but very slow and uncoordinated at times (since it was New Year's eve, perhaps it was too croud for the perssonel abilities). Pricy.Special Features:
- Powder notOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/30/2013This was a huge huge disappointment. The service was horrible. Our waitress had no idea what she was doing. They were out of the wine we selected so the wine steward recommended an alternative that we sent back. By the time our meals arrived we just wanted it to be over
- A real let downPJSParkCityDined on 12/25/2013Christmas Day Dinner was not what we expected it to be at Powder, a real let down. Kitchen was struggling to keep up with a partially filled dinning room even with a pre-set menu. Friendly staff was about the only upside. Long wait times for / between courses (and a hefty price tab) left us local Park City folks turned off from wanting to return to Powder.Special Features:
- Christmas DinnerXmasdinerDined on 12/25/2013The food was really delicious, and we enjoyed our evening overall, but the service was terribly slow and unresponsive.Special Features:
- disappointedrebasueDined on 12/25/2013My family and I were disappointed. We had lunch on Christmas day. The food was nothing special. I expect something special on Christmas day. The waitress was not friendly, and she brought our check before we had been served and did not care much when we explained that we had not eaten yet. She was not at all attentive to what we wanted or needed. The other wait staff did a better job, but not overly attentive. My son was drinking soda, and it was empty most of the lunch but no one seemed to notice and refill the glass. We did not feel welcome. I only had water in front of me because I wanted to order my drink later in the meal, no one asked me if I wanted anything else. I finally asked for a $19 glass of house wine that disappointmented.Special Features:
- Spectacular Christmas BuffetAndreDined on 12/24/2013Christmas Eve Buffet was fantastic. The service and attention we received from all of the staff was amazing, the food was absolutely divine, and the atmosphere in the restaurant was wonderful. Definitely the best meal we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Winter MenuwccanVIPDined on 12/14/2013I just love this place. The Chef has come up with a new great winter menu. There are both dining and bar menus and both are fantastic! I often order an appetizer from the Bar Menu and then an entree. The Dijon Honey Wings to die for. Tonight, I had the Scallops and thought they were excellent. This is a place in ParK City where you can go for a special dining experience that in my humble opinion is better than any other place in town. The ambiance makes it great for both a special occasion, romantic dinner or just getting together with friends. Given its at the Canyons Area, one can avoid down-town and there is free parking as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef Clement does it againwccanVIPDined on 11/23/2013Went to Powder with a few friends on Saturday night and it was as always, outstanding. The bar is a very casual experience and my preference to the actual dining room. The chairs are comfy and the food is always exciting. This time there was a new fall menu and it was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treated Like RoyaltyAdamwbDined on 10/18/2013Great service, great food. Super nice waitress, and the manager frequently stopped by to make sure our experience was good. They even gave us a few things for free. Small complaint that we wish there were more items to choose from on the menu, but I'm guessing everything is good either way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, once we finally got it.DarenDined on 9/1/2013At a 5 star hotel, you expect great service and great food. Unfortunately, our experience at Slopes only gave us one of those. Even though we were only one of two tables in the restaurant, it took them 20 minutes to get our cocktails to us. From that point the service continued to be slow and frustrating. At breakfast the next morning, we experienced the same slow, unresponsive, frustrating level of service. We sat at our table for 15 minutes before anyone took our breakfast order. Even though our order was very simple, and should have been fast and easy to prepare, it took another 20 minutes for us to get our food. And, when our food finally did come out, it was taken to the wrong table on the completely opposite side of the restaurant?!Special Features:
- Nice spot for a special occasiondrbabcockDined on 8/16/2013We really enjoyed the Slopes. My wife and I ate there for our 13th anniversary. We were the only ones dining for about 30 minutes, although there was a private party in the bar area, which was slightly loud, but not bad. Our server was great - Ian was very attentive and had some great recommendations for us. We started with the cheese plate. This was the only reason for taking off one star - I have a goat cheese allergy; I informed our server of this, but I still ended up with a little reaction. I had the Game Hen Wellington and my wife had the Steelhead Trout. Both were excellent. We also had the Strawberries Mille Feuille. The Mille Feuille wasn't what we expected either (normally a light, layered pastry), but was still good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & service!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/16/2013My husband & I had a wonderful dinner at the Waldorf! Food was great and our waitress Viara was outstanding! We also loved the love music. Thank you for a great evening!Special Features:
- over priced mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2013Their outside dining looks onto a partial pool yard and construction site. There are no mountain or trees to view. No one seemed to know who was waiting on us. We waited 20 minutes to get drinks. Two Roto Rooter trucks showed up in ear shot and started working during prime diner hour. Disappointing and not worth the drive from SLC.
- Park City's Finest RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013What is not to like at the Waldorf Astoria? From the moment you walk into the restaurant it feels special. I started off with the Goat Crunch salad and my mind was blown. Crisp green apples, fresh arugula, savory bacon, and creamy goat cheese all blend together to start the meal off right. The main course was flat iron steak with frites. Incredible from the first bite! We were the only other table in the restaurant, so the service was very attentive. Our waitress was funny and always made sure the glasses were full. She also made recommendations and made sure the food was delicious.The manager checked in twice and thanked us for coming in. The ambience, views, and the food made this trip worth it. I would recommend Slopes to anyone.Special Features:
- Great food, service needs workJSGMomof3Dined on 3/25/2013While the food was excellent, the service was poor. Our appetizers arrived in a few minutes, but it took an hour for our main courses to arrive. The manager came to apologize and offered us free dessert, which was nice. There was a large private function ( outing/ convention) that the staff was paying its attention to. By the way, the main part of the restaurant was less than half-filled. Our server was very lovely- it was the kitchen's fault, not hers. The dining room is extremely warm and beautiful- decoded with chocolate brown velvet curtains and glass-framed large mirrors. Lastly- it was the first night of Passover and the hotel/ restaurant did not have any matzoh. Shocking for a 5-star hotel chin. Even Walmart in Park City haSpecial Features:
- The food was very good, theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/10/2013The food was very good, the service was poor. Our server was quite nice but utterly incompetent. There is an extensive wine list, but no one knowledgeable on staff to help with all the French wines. The wine we were served was the wrong year from what was listed on the menu and a dessert wine, but not listed as such, nor did our server give us a heads up. The manager seemed very competent and kind and said he would comp the wine and give us dessert, but when the bill came, the wine was still there, and the server said her manager had told her to leave it on. When you eat at a restaurant in a high quality hotel, you expect high quality service that goes the extra mile. Unfortunately, while the food is a hit, Slopes did not deliver.Special Features:
- Terrible service on this visitUtahbritVIPDined on 3/9/2013Terrible service on this visit unfortunately. We were sat at our table for 30 mins with only water and had to ask twice for the wine list in that time before we were served. It seemed very under staffed. We also had to ask twice for extra bread which eventually materialised after the dinner was finished. Quite unimpressed with the service. Great atmosphere and food however which was the saving grace. I think however this is the worst of the Talisker offerings in Park City and I would rather go to the Farm or Talisker on Main for much better service etc.Special Features: