162 Water Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 1B2Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pourhousevancouver.com/
- Phone: 6045687022
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday - 11:30am - 12:00am
Thursday - 11:30am - 1:00am
Friday - 11:30am - 2:00am
Saturday 5:00pm - 2:00am
Sunday 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: J-C Poirier
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Pourhouse has live Jazz music every Sunday night starting at 7:00pm.
- Public Transit: Waterfront Skytrain Station is a block up the street. A nice and easy walk down Water Street to Pourhouse.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There is an EasyPark located directly next to Pourhouse with entrance and exit on both Water Street and Cordova Street. Very easy and convenient to park, good rates, nice and close.
A word from Pourhouse Restaurant
A century ago, North American cuisine wasn't quite as fancy as today, but full of simple purpose: flavours you craved that left you satisfied. We look to create that feeling and sense of place. Making food that fills the room with mouth-watering aromas, and savoury tastes that are unabashed. We want to share our infatuation with food - serving dishes that smack of home, and made with hearty ingredients by someone who loves what they do.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Pourhouse Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Gastown ›
Pourhouse Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (29)neighborhood gem (19)vibrant bar scene (14)romantic (14)special occasion (14)good for groups (12)great for lunch (11)hot spot (11)late-night find (8)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great choice for lunch or dinnerCraftbeer2FoodDined on 10/8/2014The atmosphere is amazing in this place. Spacious booths, long old world bar, marble floors. Excellent food and service. Great lunch menu. I plan to come here for dinner soon. They take their food seriously. Great craft beer list too.Special Features:
- Awesome!JaumaDined on 10/3/2014Great food and superb service…. We had several appies and wine before the Opera.. One of the best places around Gastown and in VancouverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pourhousecdo14Dined on 9/21/2014Nice place in Gastown. We had a reservation for 4 and had 4 additions who they happily accommodated. Restaurant was empty in early evening, but picked up later on. Decent drink menu, though only a single vodka selection. Food was good, burgers not necessarily cooked to order, but server was very efficient about returning food to the kitchen. Fries were excellent.Special Features:
- Great restaurantMmmgoodDined on 9/13/2014We loved that the menu catered to all tastes from vegetarian to a steak eater. The food was delicious and the service exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!amk1Dined on 9/13/2014We had the most amazing meal at Pourhouse! The food was outstanding, all 4 of us commented that it was one of the best meals we had had in sometime, and our waitress was amazing! The fact that everything is made from scratch and from product sourced locally is impressive. We will definately be returning!Special Features:
- Gastown GemMzTrixDined on 8/31/2014Looking for great food and amazing cocktails? The Pourhouse in Gastown is the spot. You won't find a run-of the mill menu here so come hungry and ready to try fresh food that will make your tastebuds! There is live music on the weekends so that is something to consider for those looking for a quiet, intimate spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!melikeDined on 8/28/2014Best service I have ever had. Their attention to detail was noticed. Go here.Special Features:
- A Wednesday NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014We had a great dinner. The menu was accessible and strong food dislikes were accommodated. The food was prepared and presented excellently. Good space in a great location.Special Features:
- LOUD MUSICOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Great food, great service, but loud thumping music will keep us from coming backSpecial Features:
- Hoping it was an "off night"MsFoodieBeeDined on 8/11/2014We visited Pourhouse two years back and fell in love with the food/service/atmosphere. I told my fellow travelers to get ready for some of the tastiest food around - excited to start the trip out right with a great meal. I was sadly surprised that the food was good but forgettable, the service was rushed, and the desserts were boring. The charcuterie, and marrow starters were nice - the highlight of the meal - but we could (and maybe should) have just gone to Salt for that. Also, if you are going to have chocolate chip cookies on your dessert menu they should be notable as anyone over the age of 12 can make good choco-chippers. They were bland and dry - tasted like butter/salt/vanilla were cut way back or missing. When simple breaks bad!Special Features:
- great place for cocktailskristinDined on 8/11/2014the cocktail menu at the pourhouse is awesome! everything we tried was great, and the servers were very knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Happy AnniversaryDustinLovesKarenDined on 8/6/2014We decided to visit this location to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. The unit used to be a wonderful restaurant called Rossini's, where we first made it official in 2004. We were greeted and given a booth, and our server told us right away about the evening specials. We proceeded to order some fantastic drinks, they don't call it Pourhouse for nothing. The appetizers, and mail meals were amazing, geniunely fantastic food. The evening was capped by a great lemon tart on the house as it was our anniversary. Overall one of the best dining experiences we have ever had as the server, drinks, food and ambience were fantastic. We will be back!Special Features:
- SchaubyDined on 8/5/2014It was our last send off for friend visiting vancouver we could fit 7 but i wouldnt arrange for a bigger group than that They loved the layout and decor Food was great our waitress was very informative but not over the top We were all happy with our meals If there was one thing if say the pour house burger was a bit bland but the pattie was great The mush room tart and pork shoulder were delish Well be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service & FoodEnetsgr8picsDined on 7/24/2014The absinthe drip was great, our server coached us through the fascinating cocktail options. Excellent menu options and friendly staff. A great evening with great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Enjoyed watching the cook prepare lunches. Great lunch menu.Special Features:
- Great vibeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/26/2014Visited on a recent business trip with a colleague and we were both really impressed with the menu and the waitresses knowledge of it. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Pre- theater gemPhoebeDined on 6/26/2014Fabulous food and service before seeing 'Wicked' at the QE. Raves about the White Manhattan cocktail. Delicious! Atmosphere fun and upbeatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 260 reviews are from the Pourhouse Restaurant reviews archive.
- Night OutJoanBFDined on 6/19/2014A fun and lively spot for a bite before the theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for lunchdorothy111Dined on 6/5/2014Our server seemed overly rushed and distracted, but it was a great lunch, good food in a fun atmosphere.Special Features:
- Good Food and Great ServiceZumbanistaVIPDined on 5/29/2014One of our party of 4 had dined at The Pourhouse before and recommended it. Our server was excellent and helped to relocate us to a more comfortable booth when we asked. Killer selection of creative cocktails, mostly off-menu, so make sure to ask for those not listed. The menu was varied and provided good choices for each of us, including one vegetarian. It's mostly comfort food, which fits right in with the dark and homey decor. The only drawback is there's no patio, so perhaps a better fall and winter choice overall. We dined on a week night and the place was busy, good to see. Prices were average and everyone enjoyed their experience. We would certainly return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/28/2014Great beer. Great food. Great service. Great causal decor.
- gstwnwrkrVIPDined on 5/15/2014Oh, the burger. Where have you been all my life? And great wine selection too.Special Features:
- amazing ambienceDjAVODined on 5/4/2014What a great find in gas town! First time ever experiencing oysters, they were delicious! The best part of the entire experience however, was the live music they play every Sunday evening. Gave off a great vibe and made for quite the relaxing evening. Highly recommend this place to anyone!Special Features:
- RTseVIPDined on 4/24/2014We really liked a). Roasted Bone Marrow with Sea Salt, Pickled Radish, Parsley, and Grilled Bread, b). Cauliflower Steak, Red Quinoa, Cucumber & Mint Raita, and c). Grilled Cheese with Spicy Tomato & Fennel Soup. The Pork Chop, Herbed Pomme Puree, Sauerkraut & Bacon tasted quite good, but the pork was a bit overdone and tougher than I like. The atmosphere is really hip and lively. The staff are really friendly and enthusiastic. It's a good place to be.Special Features:
- gstwnwrkrVIPDined on 4/22/2014Even though my lunch mate bailed out at the last second, it was wonderful to go back to Pourhouse… Even alone!Special Features:
- Great food! Great service!foodiegoodieDined on 4/10/2014pros: great food! great server! Must try the bone marrow,scotch egg and rustic apple pie for two! The atmosphere was wonderful but a bit noisy. cons: the hostess has a bit of an attitude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and friendly serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/28/2014We had a small group for a casual Friday business meeting. This place is perfect For a couple beers and some good food. The bar is great too if you want to hang out longer. Staff Was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014The menu for both food and libations read simply but artfully, as the dishes are presented. Nothing here is pedestrian nor is it over the top. For a great quality meal look no further. The drink menu is merely a gateway into what these folks are able to create. Son't get an "old standby" here without asking for guidence on an alternative. The bartenders and servers here are masters, making some of the best cocktails in Vancouver (and probably all of BC).Special Features:
- The food, atmosphere and theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2014The food, atmosphere and the people is always the reason I choose The Pourhouse. Thank you to Derek for making a special drink for my daughter who now has a favourite place to go!Special Features:
- Great spot for every occasion!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/20/2014We love trying different restaurants we haven't been to and Pourhouse did not disappoint. Loved the food. Loved the ambiance and the service was fantastic! Thank you we will definitely come again and again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Experience!StevieWonderDined on 3/17/2014The ambiance, food, service and prohibition style cocktails were all amazing! I would definitely recommend the Pourhouse Restaurant to anyone who is interested. The rustic bayou atmosphere paired with the exposed brick and wood beamed iron industrial decor make this venue a spectacular experience. The knowledgeable staff and well-skilled bar staff were heads and shoulders above the rest.Special Features:
- love the band, love the ambianceluluDined on 3/16/2014This is such a great place for a night out. The band I always go see on Sunday nights (7 - 10pm) is the Pourboy Trio, last Sunday of the month. I have taken many friends over the last few months and they always want to come back. Food is so tasty, who knew comfort food could be this special. And Patrick the bartender is par excellence! He is truly a scientist when it comes to making an amazing cocktail, even the non-alcholic type! It's always worth the drive in from the burbs, and a nice early night before a long work week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseTony1954Dined on 3/6/2014I did not know anything about this place when I made a reservation, but it was close to my client's office so I thought I would try it out. Food was great for lunch (try one of the Scotch eggs). Simple food made well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- comfort food at their bestjjowDined on 2/19/2014i've heard much about the pourhouse and so was excited to try it out for the first time. i was not disappointed! our server was friendly and attentive, and the food that arrived was delicious. i couldn't get enough of the pasta dish that i ordered, and the brussel sprouts side was spectacular. i will definitely come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENTGrizeldaDined on 2/13/2014Food and service were excellent. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bacon club is a wonderfulgstwnwrkrVIPDined on 2/13/2014Bacon club is a wonderful addition to the sandwich and beer options!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- forgot orderOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/6/2014Hi Love Pourhouse, I go all the time, and take people there for business lunches and dinners. Our server was appropriate at all times, but cold and I read her as annoyed, but she never did anything inappropriate. She didn't seem like she liked working there. Also we ordered lunches and she forgot our beer and ginger ale, didn't notice till we left. But I paid for it, in the lunch special. cheryllee fastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bachelorette NightvancouverfoodieDined on 2/2/2014I picked this restaurant for my friends bachelorette party, as our in between spot between events. The atmosphere was energetic yet relaxed. Our server was helpful and attentive but not overbearing. The food and drinks were delicious! I had been to Pourhouse on a few occasions before, for late night cocktails. This was my first time sitting down for a whole evening. Definitely will come back again! To top it all off, there was live Jazz music after 8pm (it was a Sunday night). Which just happened to be perfect for the bride as that is one of her favorite things!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty Cool!RunningsoniaDined on 2/1/2014Made reservations here for dine out...turned out we actually didn't order that menu but ordered a bunch of appi's instead. The food was great and loved the decor. My husband has now found his favourite place as they have perfected the whiskey sour! Great restaurant...will go back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday night delightAllinrepDined on 1/26/2014Yay for Pourhouse! I was there (again) Sunday night, January 26 2014, and had such a good time. No tv's!! No music that tries to make me feel I am in a club instead of a restaurant!!! Twisted Fork on Granville street have also clued into that people don't want to watch sports to deafening beats! Their menu is small but always good. Tried their organic vodka over ice and the waiter generously brought fresh lime and lemon juice to mix with. Delicious! Mid evening a really great jazz band started up! I recommend this place in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.