1515 14th St., NW
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.postodc.com/
- Phone: 2023328613x
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 7:00pm at bar only. Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Pre-theater menu: Monday - Sunday from opening to 6:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Massimo Fabbri , Chef de Cuisine Matteo Venini
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Posto
Inspired to create a casual Italian restaurant in their own neighborhood, the culinary team behind Washington, DC’s award-winning Ristorante Tosca opened the doors to Posto, “a modern Italian place to meet,” in December 2008. It is located in a beautiful, century-old building (which at one time was a car dealership!) on the newly re-energized 14th St. NW – right next door to The Studio Theater, and just steps away from P St. and its hubbub of activity. As a proud new addition to the Logan Circle neighborhood, Posto serves classic and modern Italian dishes, and is the perfect place to drop in for a cocktail and a quick bite, or a multi-course meal shared with friends. A custom-built, wood-burning oven located in the back of the dining room entices guests with the smells of just-baked Neapolitan style pizzas and focaccia.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Posto reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (50)fit for foodies (47)great for outdoor dining (35)good for groups (28)romantic (25)special occasion (25)notable wine list (17)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (10)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Pre-Theater dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014Lovely spot for dinner before Studio Theatre. Good food and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top notchOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/27/2014Definitely this restaurant raise the bar of quality for its creative dynamic menu,and its friendly yet professional service. Soft shell crab special were delightful,so was my wife chicken dish , menu changes often so our favorite salad with pickled watermelon is not on the menu anymore our third visit so far and looking forward to came back and try the pizzaSpecial Features:
- Solid 5 starOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/26/2014Dinner at Posto is always a safe choice food is amazing And service fruendly .... Only disappointment they removed my favorite apt (carpaccio branzino ) but other then that amazing like alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulElsieDined on 8/23/2014Wonderfully consistent---Posto never fails to deliver a superlative dining experience.Special Features:
- August doldrums?MMMMMVIPDined on 8/22/2014Been a # of times, most recently May. Always had great food. Went w/3 out-of-towners & DEFINITELY a miss. first, entrée prices seem up. No big deal but for $100 bucks a head (1 of whom doesn't drink) the meal was just not good. Bruschetta-Tomato good; crab VERY bland & uninspiring. Apps-chorizo WAY too spicy making mussels almost inedible (& this from folks who do spicy). Burrata good (should be for $17), house salad best deal in the place, but special salad just mediocre. Entrees were a flop. Sadly 2 of us had jumbo soft shell special, sautéed. Crabs huge but sauté was off-they were mushy & spiny, worst of both worlds. Lamb meatballs WAY too dry. The other pasta ok but nothing to write home about. Service which is usually great just so-so
- TerrificOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/21/2014Dinner at Posto was terrific great food " the ink linguine is a must" great service "Efrain" made my dinner experience amazing Will be back " next week"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/19/2014Food and service was outstanding!! Wonderful DC gem .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/17/2014we tried the mozzarella ravioli and they were fantastic,also the special halibut was very good but the dessert Passione al Cioccolato was to die for no question the best dessert i ever had in my lifeSpecial Features:
- Girls at front are warm & inviting.GlamgrlDined on 8/15/2014The service you get from before you arrive with text messages to entering the restaurant is fantastic, and the good was well prepared.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good!AnnieDined on 8/14/2014Very tastfull italian food and a nice place to enjoy your diner; inside or outsideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently good.CepodDined on 8/13/2014From the home made paste (ravioli, cavatelli) to the authentic pizza napoletana, the guys at Posto are doing a great job. Bravi ragazzi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NotformerestaurantDined on 8/8/2014The service was great. The food was sophisticated. I didn't love it. The pizza crust was good.Special Features:
- Good foodfranklin2279Dined on 8/8/2014The Zuppa Ravioli are awesome. The spiced cosmo and floating world are great also.Special Features:
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/5/2014i was amazed from this 14th street restaurant very high quality food ,great wine selection and very moderate price, the menu is very creative and offers a lot of choice,also is very vegetarian friendly . i personally had the Estate salad and it was beautiful presented and so flavorful,the also have the best gnocchi in US. my partner had the rib eye wich was cooked to perfection and served with a nice and lite salad .. we will be back soonSpecial Features:
- Excellent RestaurantLuv2eatDined on 8/2/2014Visited DC for a long weekend. The food and service was superb- visited twice! Would highly recommend! What a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Posto has arrived!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/22/2014Food was excellent; service was excellent. Happy to be back at Posto. It's better than everSpecial Features:
- Foodies Beware!!!!!WonderfulFrench2014VIPDined on 7/3/2014Fabulous creative menu! Consistently good food. Serice attentive and pleasant.Special Features:
- TiredMrclgVIPDined on 6/30/2014We've been to Posto many times but this was the last. The place has been on a downward trajectory for some time. Food was mediocre (the fresh fruit crumble for dessert was awful) and the service was haphazard. There's too many other options nearby to bother with this one again.
- Terrific placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/28/2014Enjoyed this place. Food was wonderful. Funky urban atmosphere. Pasta and fish dishes were deluciousSpecial Features:
- Little PriceyrhandsDined on 6/27/2014Could be more competitive on the wine prices but overall very good pasta and apps!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinnerErinDined on 6/26/2014Had a nice dinner at Posto before a play at the studio. It's a shame that the pre theater dinner ends at 6:30! All four in our party enjoyed our food and drinks/wine and service was just right. Delicious bread and olive oil is a nice way to start the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeanZVIPDined on 6/24/2014Food and atmosphere is awesome. There were 3 waiters and a manger that kept serving us. This seems like it would be a good idea but we had to ask for things several times and sometimes delivered the wrong item. It was a slow night so I suppose everyone was slightly off their game. It happens. I'll definitely be back anyway!!Special Features:
- enjoyable mealshaproDined on 6/21/2014Had pre-theater dinner as we were going to Theater after. Service was very good -- friendly and efficient. Enjoyed the appetizers. Pasta dish was excellent. The branzino was a bit bland. Dessert choice of gelato or sorbet too limited. But I liked the informality of the place.Special Features:
- KarineVIPDined on 6/20/2014The food is good, but some items, such as the pomodoro bruschetta (to small slices of bread with some chopped tomato for $8) are overpriced. Parking is a big problem in that area, and they don't have valet parking.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 out of 4ChrisVIPDined on 6/18/2014Three out of four of us were pleased with our dishes, but one found his penne with crab meat "very bland." Ravioli was good. Pizza was good. Salads fresh and good. Overall, we were pleased.Special Features:
- Memorable dining experience!NCfoodieDined on 6/17/2014Pasta was delicious of course, Branzino was light and delightful. The pre theater menu offered an ideal selection at very reasonable pricing. A gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/28/2014Always a favorite - just loud. Food, service, wine always great though.Special Features:
- Beautiful italian restaurantItalianfoodieDined on 5/24/2014The space was beautiful. Huge, open, and charming. The food was delicious, and our waiter was very funny and charming. All in all my family had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buona cucina italianaGiromondoDined on 5/24/2014La cucina è veramente buona. E' italiana in tutti i sensi, tranne il prezzo che è un pò alto. La quantità dell'antipasto con affettate è un pò scarsa. Tutto sommato sono molto soddisfatto.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/19/2014nice service but food was not great, especially for italian :-(
- Greedy grannyFoodieVIPDined on 5/18/2014We always eat here whenever we attend a performance at Studio Theater. It is uniformally excellent both in food and with service to be certain one gets to the theater in time for the curtain.Special Features:
- great experienceBellaDined on 5/17/2014I'm from DC and when I go to a restaurant, I expect just want I received at Posto: tasteful food with character, interesting variety and portions that don't leave you hungry and hour later. Their staff is attentive without hovering, they know their menu and the recommendations by our waitress were excellent. The environment is clean, not cramped, lively but we could still have a conversation around the table. We will return.Special Features:
- not happy with postocmsfVIPDined on 5/16/2014The food was pretty good, but our waitress didn't put our order in right away and we waited for almost an hour to get it. I would have thought she would have comped us one of our drinks or dessert at least, but instead she just brought a very small glass of dessert wine that neither of us wanted because we had already had several drinks while we waited. When the food got there, it tasted ok, but the portions were so small that we actually had to go get something to eat somewhere else afterwards. For the prices charged, we at least expected to leave with a full stomach. This place was not worth the price.
- Good food and serviceSeafoodieDined on 5/16/2014The bruschettas were delicious. I also liked how the waiter recommended a wine bottle that matched the food; not one that is in the expensive range.Special Features:
- Unfriendly New ChefLebecfinVIPDined on 5/16/2014Regrettably, Posto has a new chef who stalks around the restaurant grandly grimacing and refuses to do half orders of pasta for which the restaurant is well known and loved. Posto should be looking for his replacement. Ruins the ambiance of the restaurant.
- Back to expectationFoodFanDined on 5/15/2014Posto's food quality had slipped over the last year, but it's back to setting a standard. Each dish our group of five ordered was terrifically prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food bad servicejea234VIPDined on 5/14/2014I was surprised when they brought me the wrong dessert. It then took a while to get the right one and they did nothing to compensate me. Most places would not have charged for the dessert or given something else for free.
- special occassionhungryVIPDined on 5/13/2014i took my husband and two friends to posto for his birthday. the service was attentive but not intrusive. we were able to have a good celebration, including a conversation. the food was delicious from the first course to dessert. everything had wonderful flavor and was fresh. we all finished our meal content. i would return and recommend it. even with the abundance of choices of restaurants on 14th street, posto stands out.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/13/2014Everything was great from the salads and the pasta to the sea bass. Great waiter. Lovely time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Italian @ Good PriceAntonioRVIPDined on 5/12/2014Smoked salmon bruschetta was delicious. My veal ragu pasta was good though could be a slight softer. Have to thank the hostess and waiter for allowing us to sit outside though there was a threat of a storm. They didn't have to, but they did. Our waiter was attentive, quick with drinks and any requests. This is a reliable neighborhood restaurant for decently-priced italian. As a big guy who eats a lot, my pasta portion was the right amount.Special Features: