1515 14th St., NW
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.postodc.com/
- Phone: (202) 332-8613
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 7:00pm at bar only. Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Pre-theater menu: Monday - Sunday from opening to 6:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Massimo Fabbri
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Posto
Inspired to create a casual Italian restaurant in their own neighborhood, the culinary team behind Washington, DC’s award-winning Ristorante Tosca opened the doors to Posto, “a modern Italian place to meet,” in December 2008. It is located in a beautiful, century-old building (which at one time was a car dealership!) on the newly re-energized 14th St. NW – right next door to The Studio Theater, and just steps away from P St. and its hubbub of activity. As a proud new addition to the Logan Circle neighborhood, Posto serves classic and modern Italian dishes, and is the perfect place to drop in for a cocktail and a quick bite, or a multi-course meal shared with friends. A custom-built, wood-burning oven located in the back of the dining room entices guests with the smells of just-baked Neapolitan style pizzas and focaccia.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Posto reviews from OpenTable diners
128 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (72)fit for foodies (53)good for groups (34)great for outdoor dining (31)special occasion (20)hot spot (20)notable wine list (20)romantic (18)vibrant bar scene (15)late-night find (8)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- my second time and i likedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/30/2010my second time and i liked it a lot, both times. had brought my very elderly father this time and that was a mistake because at 545p on a friday it was already way too noisy for him to hear, even tho we were in a far corner table. my new-to-washington friends were delighted to find it, however.Special Features:
- We ordered items we wouldjillntVIPDined on 4/28/2010We ordered items we would not have otherwise if the waitress didn't recommend them and they were excellent. Very friendly staff.Special Features:
- I really enjoy everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/26/2010I really enjoy everything little bit noise but is okSpecial Features:
- Great food and service. AOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/26/2010Great food and service. A bit too bright for dinner, besides that, everything was fantastic.Special Features:
- The food was good but theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/25/2010The food was good but the execution was lacking a bit - we had a reservation but the table wasn't ready, we had to ask for the bread, the cappucino wasn't very good, the pour of wine was miserly and the service was poor. The food was good and decently priced so we would go back, but not with high expectations....Special Features:
- We love Posto and had a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/24/2010We love Posto and had a great meal. Our server was extremely attentive and friendly. We had a few small glitches -- I had put a request in when making the reservation on Open Table for a high chair and a table someplace out of the way, as we were bringing in our 19-month-old, but when we arrived, the hostess didn't know we needed a high chair and we got a table in the middle of everything. Not a big deal. Also, my father paid for the meal, and he realized after leaving the restaurant that we were overcharged (again, not a big deal -- two extra glasses of wine, and a full order of pasta, when the waiter told us he'd bring a half-portion for our 19-month-old). But on the whole we love it -- Posto is one of our favorites in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- We had a great meal and theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/23/2010We had a great meal and the restaurant really works hard to accommodate the theater crowd going to Studio Theater next door. The food and the service are excellent. The portions are generous without being ridiculous and the menu is offers interesting and varied entries.Special Features:
- Lovely for pre-theatre diningOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/23/2010Lovely for pre-theatre dining before Studio. Wonderful to sit outside and watch the world go by. Liked the grilled octopus appetizer salad. White wine should have been chilled a bit more, IMHO. Staff helpful and pleasant.Special Features:
- Very happy with every dishOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/22/2010Very happy with every dish we had (halibut, rockfish, and a pasta). Don't neglect to start with the olives and be sure to order the polenta appetizer.Special Features:
- We just made our second visitfoodloveDined on 4/21/2010We just made our second visit to Posto, having enjoyed the first time very much. The second visit was just a delicious. I was tempted to once again order the perfectly prepared rockfish, but decided to try a steak instead. What flavor! Everything, from the salad to the tuna cerviche to the cheesecake dessert, was great. We are looking forward to our next visit to Posto.Special Features:
- Excellent service, serverslunchladyDined on 4/21/2010Excellent service, servers are knowledgeable about the menu, enthusiastic and helpful. Good food at reasonable prices.
- This is truly a great restaurant!DCLadyVIPDined on 4/20/2010This is truly a great restaurant! Great food, great service.Special Features:
- The margherita pizza is oneJAWNPSVIPDined on 4/18/2010The margherita pizza is one of the best in town! Great restaurant.
- We enjoyed ourselves basedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/18/2010We enjoyed ourselves based primarily on the food. We found our server to be very stiff and we tried, in fact, to generate some conversation. Why don't they realize how important the people interactions is?? The great pasta and sea food dish made service a slight issue and we agreed that we would love to come back-maybe sit at the bar ....Special Features:
- Overall, a very pleasant experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/17/2010Overall, a very pleasant experience -- and great food! The salads and other appetizers are insubstantial and not worth the cost, so have another beer or glass of wine, and enjoy the delicious entrees. Also, service was friendly, but a tad slow -- which is fine if you're just hanging on a lazy Saturday night, but not so good if you're trying to get somewhere.Special Features:
- Always have good food. I likeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/17/2010Always have good food. I like the menu selections. The pastas and pizzas are fresh and the entrees, while slightly pricey, usually very good. Beware of specials and stick to the menu. I ordered a special pasta once and the combination of meat and parsnips with the starch from the pasta was pretty unappetizing. Usually a good bet for a group dinner that won't break the bank.Special Features:
- Excellent service. We hadOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/16/2010Excellent service. We had less than an hour to eat before curtain time next door, and they served us in plenty of time, while making it seem relaxed. Food was great, too.Special Features:
- The menu was very creative,RalphDined on 4/16/2010The menu was very creative, and the food all tased very good, but was generally too salty. Our overall impression was that the prices were a little high ($19.00 for 4 scallops on a bed of lentils). Our reservation was for 5:30. By the time we left at 7:15 the noise level was intolerable. Normal conversation was impossible. Very friendly hostess and excellent service.Special Features:
- Excellent food; excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/11/2010Excellent food; excellent service. We will definitely eat there again.Special Features:
- Not a fan of this place. TakesPainfulVIPDined on 4/10/2010Not a fan of this place. Takes forever, even just for bread, and the food is only mediocre.Special Features:
- The salads (black-eyed pea,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/10/2010The salads (black-eyed pea, beetroot) were very tasty; the pasta (truffled fettucine, walnut ravioli) would have been good if they were not drowning in butter. If they made the cream sauce less buttery and let the other flavors reveal themselves, we would try the restaurant again.
- Came here with my parentsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/9/2010Came here with my parents while they were visiting last weekend. It was very loud, but the food (we shared a selection of pasta and pizza) and wine were delicious! The tables in the middle of the restaurant are a bit cramped, but I forgot about the close quarters after the first glass of wine. All the staff members we encountered were very pleasant.
- I love this place -- it'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/6/2010I love this place -- it's unpretentious and relaxed but has great food and service. It can get a bit noisy inside but I much prefer a lively environment over a stiff and kitchy place.Special Features:
- Great restaurant, but quiteGoodwifegoodlifeVIPDined on 4/6/2010Great restaurant, but quite noisy (we were there on a Tuesday night), so don't expect to have a conversational dinner when you go there.Special Features:
- This was my second time atOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/4/2010This was my second time at Posto's within the month. Both times the food was excellent, beautifully presented, well-portioned, and carefully prepared. I recommend staying with the more Italian dishes though as some of the fish dishes were dull in comparison to the pasta dishes. The first experience, on a Monday night, the service was outstanding. The second experience, on a busy Sunday night, the service was adequate but not particularly helpful.Special Features:
- Noise was moderate becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/3/2010Noise was moderate because it was late, outdoor space had opened up (so some people were outside), and it was not very busy. In general, noise is the biggest/only problem at this place.
- As always, Posto met and exceededNeighborVIPDined on 4/2/2010As always, Posto met and exceeded expectations. This has become a favorite of ours in the Logan Circle neighborhood. The food is always top notch, whether you go for a full meal or just one of their great pizzas. The service is always excellent - freindly, helpful, but never intrusive. We wil go back over and over again.Special Features:
- Had pizza - it was OK, crustOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/28/2010Had pizza - it was OK, crust was undercooked. Service was excellent-very attentive.
- This was a pre-Studio TheatreTomMunstermanVIPDined on 3/28/2010This was a pre-Studio Theatre dinner and it was perfect.Special Features:
- definitely try the duck ragoutOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/27/2010definitely try the duck ragout and liver pate pasta - outstanding!Special Features:
- What a great addition to theOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 3/26/2010What a great addition to the Washington restaurant scene - great vibe, comfortable space, excellent wine list (and thanks to Morgan, the sommelier, for helping us pick out a great wine), and really top-notch Italian fare. I've already told out-of-town friends that I'll be taking them to Posto on their next visit to DC!Special Features:
- As always, we loved the food.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/25/2010As always, we loved the food. We were there twice in a week both times with guests and they found it to be a real gem as well. While the food and ambiance are exquisite, the wait staff continues to under whelm us. Serving cocktails seems to be a challenge only time can cure. Two cocktails were delivered while our guests' bottle of wine took another 15 minutes. Awkward and had to remind the waiter twice about the wine. It happened on both occasions and with different wait staff, so it's about the training and management can insist on change.Special Features:
- We had a lot of trouble gettingSamOVIPDined on 3/24/2010We had a lot of trouble getting the check and then with payment.Special Features:
- The restaurant was very busyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/20/2010The restaurant was very busy and loud inside, however we were fortuante to get a quiter table outside which allowed my wife and I to enjoy the beautiful spring evening. The service was good, and the food was amazing. The pasta dishes we had were very good, and the desert was Awesome. Overall a great expereince.Special Features:
- Great time! Wonderful food!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/20/2010Great time! Wonderful food! Excellent service! Keep it up . . .
- The food was excellent and24dinnerDined on 3/20/2010The food was excellent and the wine was very good and fairly priced (unusual to find today). The waiters were terrific and the owner, who also owns Tosca, was there to say goodnight and wish us well - nice touch. He is a great guy with excellent taste and understands food - any restaurant he opens is a sure bet. We were there at 5:00 for dinner because we had opera tickets at 7:00, thus it was pretty quiet. We have been there for dinner at 9:00 when the noise makes it too difficult to have a conversation.Special Features:
- I'm glad I finally made itOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/19/2010I'm glad I finally made it to this neighborhood treasure.Special Features:
- I had been trying to get intoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/17/2010I had been trying to get into Posto for a few months and was excited to finally get a reservation. The service was great from the moment I walked in and continued until I walked out the door. The food was great as well and before I had even finished my meal, I knew I'd be going back. I'm looking forward to round 2 and beyond, and working my way through the menu!Special Features:
- Liked the food, and the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/17/2010Liked the food, and the service was great...but the restaurant is pretty loud, especially since the tables are pretty close together. Not a spot for a romantic dinner, but a business lunch or dinner would do fine there.
- Posto remains excellent andNeighborVIPDined on 3/17/2010Posto remains excellent and shows that good food and good service need not be in a stuffy overpriced restaurant. We love it, and it is our neighborhood favorite in Logan Circle.Special Features: