1515 14th St., NW
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.postodc.com/
- Phone: (202) 332-8613
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 7:00pm at bar only. Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Pre-theater menu: Monday - Sunday from opening to 6:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Massimo Fabbri
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Posto
Inspired to create a casual Italian restaurant in their own neighborhood, the culinary team behind Washington, DC’s award-winning Ristorante Tosca opened the doors to Posto, “a modern Italian place to meet,” in December 2008. It is located in a beautiful, century-old building (which at one time was a car dealership!) on the newly re-energized 14th St. NW – right next door to The Studio Theater, and just steps away from P St. and its hubbub of activity. As a proud new addition to the Logan Circle neighborhood, Posto serves classic and modern Italian dishes, and is the perfect place to drop in for a cocktail and a quick bite, or a multi-course meal shared with friends. A custom-built, wood-burning oven located in the back of the dining room entices guests with the smells of just-baked Neapolitan style pizzas and focaccia.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Posto reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (71)fit for foodies (52)good for groups (34)great for outdoor dining (32)special occasion (21)hot spot (20)notable wine list (20)romantic (18)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (8)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Great pre theatre menu next to the Studio Theatretoadie622Dined on 11/19/2014Posto has a very good pre theatre menu. This is great if you are going to the Studio Theatre which is right next door. Very convenient in the cold weather. Good happy hour too. Our fish was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MinervaDined on 11/15/2014Too noisy, and we had to wait 30 min for our table. The food OK. Nice, creamy polenta, crunchy skin in my sea bass. However, the spaghuetti alle vongole was too greasy and the semifreddo too icy. It´s called semifreddo for a reason...
- Yet againFoodieVIPDined on 11/15/2014We dine at Posto whenever we have tix at Studio Theater. It is unfailingly good food, good service at reasonable,prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot I found OnlineFoodieDined on 11/15/2014I was coming to D.C, from Philadelphia, for a concert and needed a restaurant close to the hotel we were staying in. I researched and found Posto online and based on the review and proximity to the hotel I made a reservation. It was only a 4 minute walk from the hotel and we were seated immediately with our reservation status. The waiter (Efrain) was very nice and knowledgeable regarding the menu. We got three appetizers for $16 and then we both ordered pasta dishes. I had pasta with meatballs and the lady had a pasta seafood and both were to die for! The gave her a complimentary dessert for her birthday which was excellent. the manager also came over and asked how we were enjoying our meal. Overall the experience and the food was excellent. I would highly recommend this gem of a spot to anyone in the Theatre area of the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently SolidElsieDined on 11/8/2014I love going to Posto. The food and service is consistently good. You're guaranteed a wonderful dining experience here.Special Features:
- Decent food, good serviceAWWinSOMDDined on 11/7/2014Went in at 8PM on a Friday night. There were several families there - they looked hip, and local (plus keeping two-year olds out til 9PM at night just seems a very hip, urban thing to do. I hope those kids weren't looking at another hour-long ride home to the burbs. I digress). Food was decent, and super quick. Service was plentiful. And reasonably friendly. Ambiance was not good however. Very bright, kinda loud, and busy, busy, busy.Special Features:
- food and servicenoisyVIPDined on 11/6/2014service was outstanding and food very good. Pre theater menu was a nice touch.Special Features:
- FoodieVIPDined on 11/2/2014This is an old faithful that where we eat whenever we are attending a play at Studio Theater. We are never disappointed .Special Features:
- Always good!CassDined on 11/1/2014I have been here many times, because you can always count on a very good meal and great service at Posto!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for everyoneRygy223Dined on 10/31/2014Without breaking the bank. Cheese and meat plate starters excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/23/2014I had not been to Posto for a while and recently went with friends from out of town. It was such a great evening, the atmosphere was relaxed, the service top notch and the food was excellent. I left kicking myself for waiting so long to have gone there again. I will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missing MatteoGUSFIVEDined on 10/16/2014I miss Matteo, the chef who had been at Posto for several years. I wish he would return. I understand he will appear at Tosca on F. St., N.W. The menu seems to have gotten smaller. Matteo was quite creative in his cooking and in the offerings. Our dinner the other night was good but not at the level of Matteo's culinary talents. More pasta dishes should be offered and the overall menu should be expanded somewhat. Hopefully, the menu will change at short intervals.Special Features:
- Loved PostoTonyBVIPDined on 10/15/2014We had never been here but after seeing some reviews, we decided to try it - we are very glad we did! The ambiance was great and it was just the right environment for the five of us to talk without having to talk over others. The pasta was very fresh and the prices affordable. We would definitely recommend this to anyone !Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/11/2014We've eaten at Posto a number of times over the years. We expect good food. But his meal was really outstanding.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014I chose ordering from the fixed price menu while my companion ordered from the standard menu. My cost was $29.00; her cost (while ordering the same salad and entree cost about $7. additional) We talked to the waitress about this and she gave my friend the same price with the additional dessert. We felt that the waitress should have advised my friend that she would be getting the same dinner and to order from the fixed price menu rather than wait for the dinner to arrive and for my friend to say something. The dinner and wine were excellent and we'll return many times.Special Features:
- Quality, comfort, & ease on 14th StbrkdcDined on 10/5/2014Consistently great food and pleasant service; a remarkably relaxing experience amidst the crazy bustle of 14th Street. The huge windows and high ceiling make the space seem airy and give a great view onto the street outside, though if you're eating at a peak hour those nice features could contribute to a high noise level. Even so, the place feels dignified and pleasantly non-"scene-y," which makes a nice contrast to some of the other places nearby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Posto is good neighborhood ItalianCatewinDined on 10/3/2014Posto is good Italian food in the Logan Circle neighborhood. The gnocchi is very good, and I would recommend it. The patio dining is really nice in good weather. I would recommend Posto for a casual Italian dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Confusing pricingpalisadespamVIPDined on 9/30/2014As always the food was delicious and appetizing. We ordered 5 dishes from the small plates list and added an octopus salad. We had too much to eat but had ordered 5 small plates because it appeared that the cost for 5 small plates was $24. Apparently only the bruschetta at the top of the small plats list are 5 for $24, while the other small plates are $8 each. We would have only ordered 3 or 4 of the small plates had we understood the confusing menu pricing. When we questioned the bill the waitstaff had obviously had this problem before. However, when the manager explained the pricing to us, no offer was made to compensate us in any way for the confusion caused by THEIR menu. It left us disappointed after a good meal.Special Features:
- Pre-theatre menuPaulVIPDined on 9/30/2014Pre-theatre menu availability ends before pre-theatre dinner time. What's the point? If there is a reason, servers/management should kindly explain, not with a blunt NO.Special Features:
- PostoDcdadDined on 9/29/2014Posto has exceptionally good food and especially fine service. While oftentimes restaurants seem to combine odd and ultimately discordant ingredients (whose tastes seem to scream "weird" rather than "wonderful") the logic of Posto's recipes rises above. It's hard to imagine not loving a single morsel, especially when brought to the table by Posto's attentive and knowledgable wait-staff. Even harder to imagine not coming back.Special Features:
- First time!lamiaminiDined on 9/26/2014We let the restaurant know we were delayed in traffic, but the management was gracious enough to hold our Friday dinner reservation for 20 minutes. And the tables filled up fast. We opted for the pre-theater menu, which proved a good choice. The classic salad of arugula, manchego and toasted almonds is perfectly dressed, and the branzino is very fresh. Chicken breast is lightly coated and panfried so it remains moist (high praise from a dark-meat lover). I've been going to the nearby Studio Theater for years but this was the first time I tried Posto, which is in the same block. I look forward to my next meal there - I'd like to see if the menu changes with the seasons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Next to Studio TheatertreemanVIPDined on 9/25/2014We have been here a number of times before going to Studio Theater. It is always fine, and so convenient, right next to the theater. We have never had an issue with getting out in time. The menu always has many entrees or appetizers that I would like to try, so much that I have never had the pizza, which looks great on neighboring tables. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a StarotberburVIPDined on 9/24/2014We had not visited Posto in a year, partially because we had wanted to try some of the new establishments on 14th Streets. While these new establishments have many virtues, our return to Posto indicated that it is still a star. Every course was very well prepared, and pastas continue to be a particular strength; my ravioli with squash filling was outstanding. A chocolate cake-brownie with chocolate gelato was nicely sized and contained enough different flavor profiles not to be monotonous. Service is professional and there is a good selection of wines by the glass.
- Great pre-theatre menuGoodFriendsDinerDined on 9/14/2014Had the canteloupe and cucumber soup, the egg & spinach fettuccine, and the awesome pineapple sorbet. Would have it again today. Great dinner. And convenient to the theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pasta and PizzalarryrDined on 9/10/2014It was our first visit to Posto and it made a great first impression. The service was excellent and the food very good. We had two appetizers of bruschetta one with crab and the other with salmon toppings and they were creative and delicious. We followed with pizza and pastas and they also were first rate. One of the best parts of the meal was the pricing as Posto has great food at very reasonable prices. Our whole party of 5 with each having an entree and the two apps ate for just $105 (no alcohol and not including tax and tip). We will be back.Special Features:
- Consistently wonderfulLindylooVIPDined on 9/7/2014The pre-theater dinner always has a number of choices and is reasonable, tasty and beautifully presented. The waited was particularly attentive to us and to our time frame so we would not miss theater.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/31/2014We came in for the pizza but pizza oven was out Of order so we both ordered seafood pasta which was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tommyVIPDined on 8/31/2014The Branzino main course was very good. The shrimp appetizer was inedible.
- Pre-Theater dinnerDinerDCVIPDined on 8/29/2014Lovely spot for dinner before Studio Theatre. Good food and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top notchOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/27/2014Definitely this restaurant raise the bar of quality for its creative dynamic menu,and its friendly yet professional service. Soft shell crab special were delightful,so was my wife chicken dish , menu changes often so our favorite salad with pickled watermelon is not on the menu anymore our third visit so far and looking forward to came back and try the pizzaSpecial Features:
- Solid 5 starOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/26/2014Dinner at Posto is always a safe choice food is amazing And service fruendly .... Only disappointment they removed my favorite apt (carpaccio branzino ) but other then that amazing like alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulElsieDined on 8/23/2014Wonderfully consistent---Posto never fails to deliver a superlative dining experience.Special Features:
- August doldrums?MMMMMVIPDined on 8/22/2014Been a # of times, most recently May. Always had great food. Went w/3 out-of-towners & DEFINITELY a miss. first, entrée prices seem up. No big deal but for $100 bucks a head (1 of whom doesn't drink) the meal was just not good. Bruschetta-Tomato good; crab VERY bland & uninspiring. Apps-chorizo WAY too spicy making mussels almost inedible (& this from folks who do spicy). Burrata good (should be for $17), house salad best deal in the place, but special salad just mediocre. Entrees were a flop. Sadly 2 of us had jumbo soft shell special, sautéed. Crabs huge but sauté was off-they were mushy & spiny, worst of both worlds. Lamb meatballs WAY too dry. The other pasta ok but nothing to write home about. Service which is usually great just so-so
- TerrificOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/21/2014Dinner at Posto was terrific great food " the ink linguine is a must" great service "Efrain" made my dinner experience amazing Will be back " next week"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/19/2014Food and service was outstanding!! Wonderful DC gem .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/17/2014we tried the mozzarella ravioli and they were fantastic,also the special halibut was very good but the dessert Passione al Cioccolato was to die for no question the best dessert i ever had in my lifeSpecial Features:
- Girls at front are warm & inviting.GlamgrlDined on 8/15/2014The service you get from before you arrive with text messages to entering the restaurant is fantastic, and the good was well prepared.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good!AnnieDined on 8/14/2014Very tastfull italian food and a nice place to enjoy your diner; inside or outsideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently good.CepodDined on 8/13/2014From the home made paste (ravioli, cavatelli) to the authentic pizza napoletana, the guys at Posto are doing a great job. Bravi ragazzi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NotformerestaurantDined on 8/8/2014The service was great. The food was sophisticated. I didn't love it. The pizza crust was good.Special Features: