187 Elm Street
Somerville, MA 02144Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.postoboston.com/
- Phone: 6176250600x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Mon-Thurs: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Dinner Fri-Sat: 5:00pm-11:00pm
Dinner Sunday: 4:30pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Joe Cassinelli
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Chef Joseph Cassinelli is happy to help you create a unique menu that fits your event, budget and expectations, whether it"s a casual cocktail reception with wine, salumi and cheese, a Tuscan buffet with roast meats and vegetables, a classic
Italian family style dinner or a custom wine dinner ,we will help you to truly impress your guests. http://www.pizzeriaposto.com/cater.html
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you are planning an intimate dinner with friends, a corporate luncheon, a festive rehearsal dinner, or a bridal shower, Posto is the perfect venue for you. In addition to the private dining room, our main dining room may also be reserved for a private lunch or dinner. We will work with each client to create spectacular, personalized events and assist with every detail- from the creation of the menu and the selection of the wines to any other event planning services needed.
- Private Party Contact: Cody Webber 6176250600x
A word from POSTO
Posto, a modern interpretation of a classic Italian pizzeria, enoteca and trattoria all presented in a “farm chic” open air concept, is a fantastic new addition to Davis Square. Specializing in wood fired Neapolitan Pizza and Italian cuisine. Our menu features handmade pastas, grilled meats and fish, specialty cocktails and an extensive wine by the glass list that is centered around “Enzo,” our imported Italian wine preservation system. Posto is an elegantly appointed venue with subtle contemporary and rustic sophistication providing a family friendly, approachable dining venue. We support local artists, farmers, and ranchers whenever possible.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
POSTO reviews from OpenTable diners
213 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (144)fit for foodies (116)special occasion (72)romantic (67)great for outdoor dining (65)good for groups (61)notable wine list (56)hot spot (53)vibrant bar scene (27)kid-friendly (25)great for lunch (12)late-night find (12)great for brunch (10)scenic view (4)Show More
- Great neapolitan pizzaClipsDined on 8/18/2014Awesome neapolitan style pizza, good service, solid beer and wine list. Their cocktails are pretty good too. They have both indoor and outdoor (on nice days) seating.Special Features:
- Tasty and enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014My fiancee and I had a lovely dinner; service was topnotch and food was delicious. My fiance has numerous food allergies and staff at every level was more than accommodating. If an issue exists, it's the noise level; not helped by the numerous televisions, or the not-exactly-sound-absorbing decor (modern exposed everything). Despite that flaw, our experience was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful place!AntonioVIPDined on 8/15/2014Nice restaurant. Good service. Good food. Pizza special was quiet good, cavatelli good, lack of flavor on brodo but acceptable anyway. Apple crostada was delicious.
- Pizza didn't live up to expectationTuftsparentDined on 8/13/2014Appetizers, pastas are great. Staff very attendant. However after not having pizza on the first visit and being told it was exceptional we all tried different ones and all four of us, were disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Posto!KatieDined on 8/12/2014Awesome food, awesome service! We love Posto do much & try to get over here for a good dinner a couple of times each month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Dinner w/Great Atmospherenixie14Dined on 8/10/2014We went here on a Sunday night with our two teenagers (13 and 16). Arrived at 5:30 pm and the place was pretty empty. We loved the breadsticks - could have eaten more. We started off with a caesar salad and it was big enough for the 4 of us to share a small portion. The dressing was not the creamy type and was a little too vinegary for my taste, but I'd rather go in that direction rather than it drowning in heavy traditional caesar dressing. The two kids split a meatball pizza. It was above ave., not great. I had the garlic shrimp with spaghetti. The shrimp was nicely cooked but overall, the dish was not very flavorful - pasta was done perfectly, however. My husband had the crab tortellini and it was a satisfying, flavorful dish.Special Features:
- Great anniversary dinner at Posto!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014I booked through open table and requested a seat in the back where it's quieter because we were celebrating an anniversary. Not only did we get a great table, we were served complimentary sparkling wine! Our waitress was so friendly and the food was amazing. We had a fabulous time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itBeccaDined on 8/9/2014Posto is excellent. The sangria, beer and wine lists are great and there are several delicious salads. The pizza is awesome and so is the pasta. The tiramisu is the best dessert and is great to split.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice meal, very noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014This was my first visit to Posto. The food was creative, delicious and nicely presented. Our waitress was very friendly, knowledgeable and gave all around excellent service. We sat inside but it was nice to see that they had tables for sitting outdoors also. The tables are right in front at the street edge so it's not quiet or pretty, but if you just want fresh air it's a nice option. I did not care for the two large TV screens and the loud music playing. I really enjoyed the meal and service but with a lively noisy household I look for my nights out with my husband to be a quiet time where we can talk and that was a bit hard to do in this location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2014Great food with many nice choices. Service was wonderful. I'm recommending it to friends and plan to return. Ambiance is fresh, lively and nicely lit.Special Features:
- Pizza and snacksPhilDined on 8/6/2014Me, my wife and our friend recently visited Posto. We were warmly greeted by our hostess and seated right near the entrance to the open kitchen with a nice view of the pizza oven :). We ordered our drinks Stone IPA, White wine, and a cucumber cocktail. We then followed that with an order of the delicious meatballs, warm yummy bread that was a great pairing with the spicy olive oil, and a pepperoni pizza. For desert we had the fabulous tiramisu which was enough to share with 3 people and was so rich! My biggest suggestion is to arrive early for dinner. Even though it was a Wednesday the place was packed by 6:30!Special Features:
- Perfect- drinks/light snacks/dinnerWhyccoftDined on 8/1/2014Posto is a great neighborhood favorite as well as destination for friends from Boston and Cambridge who travel here just to go to Posto. We like the fact that you are welcome to have a light snack and a drink or to have a long iingering dinner with no pressure from the wait staff. One time we tasted three wines before choosing a fourth from the very patient knowledgable server. The calamari was one of the best ever as judged by an Italian friend visiting here from the south of France.Special Features:
- Definition of a Neighborhood GemBeckyFreedTibetDined on 7/31/2014Posto never disappoints with its date-friendly ambiance and exceptional food. The pizza is the best in the Boston area and the pasta is also among the best I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MeghanDined on 7/28/2014I went here for my birthday this week, and this place never fails: legit upscale Italian-American fare, and a drink list that appeals to cocktail/wine/beer lovers alike. Great service too -- the waitress made a great wine suggestion for both the veal saltimbocca and the ribeye. Try the arancinis -- best I've had! Though it was very close quarters and loud (on a Monday night), so fair warning if that's not your scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food!CarenDined on 7/27/2014POSTO consistently delivers high quality food and a great dining experience! The crab tortellini are a perfect size, rich but not overwhelming. My husband and I split an arugula salad with Gorgonzola which was excellent - he is not a huge salad fan but announced that next time he will get his own salad. Think he is also planning on his own tiramisu, too good to share but certainly big enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood jointOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Delicious upscale food! I would recommend it to anyone in or outside the davis square area.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantFriendDined on 7/25/2014Posto has great food, wonderful service, good wine and a fun atmosphere.Special Features:
- New dishes executed perfectlyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/24/2014My wife and I shared a broccoli rabe and sausage pizza as well as gnocchi with shortrib in a rich brown sauce. Sorry we do not live in Boston to take advantage of this expertly prepared food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, so so serviceLikelywontgobackDined on 7/23/2014The food was wonderful. That said, it took us over an hour to receive our drinks and food. We had a group of four and had to shout to be heard above the noise. If you love the food and are willing to put up with the noise level and slow service, go for it.Special Features:
- Great food/serviceBeer2drinkVIPDined on 7/21/2014I've lost track of the amount of times I've been here, but it definitely is a place to keep coming back to. I normally either get the chicken, tagliatelle, or a brick oven pizza, but I changed it up and got the gnocchi. Surprise, surprise, another great meal. My girlfriend got the special beat flavored/colored pasta. The idea was definitely clever, but it needed more than just mushrooms (either a cream sauce, or just something to add some flavor since it just tasted like flavored dough). The bottle of Argentinian Cabernet savignon was also very good; nice body, crisp taste to it. The bruschetta here is always a winner, so that too was a no brainer to order. And the service was also very, very good, per usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently deliciousrcs249VIPDined on 7/19/2014Posto is one of our favorite places to go when we want some creative and delicious drinks, appetizers and either pizza or dinner. I've been here at least 8 times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014I've eaten at Posto twice and the food has been excellent to very good. Recommended: porchetta roast on Sunday, saltimbocca, braised ribs with gnocchi. Rosemary salt bread is super.Special Features:
- DateNiteDined on 7/18/2014We found this by accident and have come back a few times. Never disappointed. One of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- Food QualityLRBsDaddioDined on 7/18/2014The food was farm fresh and tasted like Nonie made it from scratch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arctic charJlb62Dined on 7/18/2014The Arctic char over fresh corn Was delicious, as was the greek salad, and gelato!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third dinner was a charmBelleoRoseDined on 7/18/2014Third night in town and Open Table diners had guided us to other great places... but by far this was the best!! Arrived at beginning of dinner seating and got a great inside table near windows. Server Jaime was a doll and chatted about Colleges (glad she didn't go to Grad school) and made recomendations on menu. Must have Gnocchi was indeed just that. Hubby and daughter both enjoyed. My goat cheese pizza was outstanding. Glad we found you and hope to be back soon!Special Features:
- awesome pizza!ksgshmoopsVIPDined on 7/13/2014So happy we found this place, a great place to get some amazing pizza without having to trek into the north end! Ordered one with pork and red onions, so delicious! Also loved the crab tortellini with peas, best pasta dish I have had in a while. Can't wait to go back and work my way through the whole menu! Love the drink menu too, great beer selection and many gin based drinks which is hard to come by these days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never failsfoodNloveDined on 7/12/2014Posto just never fails us! They get 5 stars for constantly providing great service and even better food. They switch up the menu every so often to keep things interesting and often have specials (on the low side for what I'm used to from other like Italian restaurants), but at this point I'm just being picky. SO excited to hear they are rolling out with a food truck!Special Features:
- Top Notchmj1957Dined on 7/12/2014We enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Posto. We passed it one night driving through Davis Square and the aroma was intoxicating. So we booked a reservation. We split an appetizer, a salad, and a pizza - a great way to go. But the entrees sounded and looked great too. Nice touch before we left - the manager checked in to see how everything was. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- New FavoriteKirasamiVIPDined on 7/11/2014We saw the ad in Edible Boston and are pleased we did. Loved the food - much more ambitious than we expected. We were seated immediately on a very busy evening. Our server was delightful. The Caponata pizza with charred grapes as a starter for 4 was outstanding. Half order of pasta was perfect. Afigato - my favorite dessert - was ambrosia. We'll go again - and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatmbopeDined on 7/11/2014I always enjoy this place. It is one of my favorite's in the city and def. my favorite in Somerville.Special Features:
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014Posto always treats us as family, their service couldn't be better. when they see our name on the reservation list they get our table prepared ahead of time. They make sure our kid's pizza is cut into extra squares to make it easier for them and us. The food is great, but it is the service that keeps us going back again and again.Special Features:
- Classic Wood-Fired GemMandiferousTRexDined on 7/8/2014I've been to Posto three times now and each time has been fantastic! The first time, we sat on the patio and it began to rain buckets! They tried to accommodate everyone inside but we finished our delicious carpaccio and vowed to return. The service and attention to detail is superb and the food really is a fantastic take on authentic Italian wood fired pizza. I'm usually the kind of food fan who will find a dish I love and have trouble diverting to new and exciting things but the menu at Posto is so spot on that I've tried something new every time and loved every bite. As if all this wasn't already enough, they have a great little seasonal beer selection and the wine menu is also notable (I'm a beer person). Eat Here!Special Features:
- Stellar service.dbdangoDined on 7/7/2014Mentioned when making a reservation that we were coming for a birthday celebration, and we were treated like VIPs. On top of the great meal? A fantastic experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shiny gemHatsoffDined on 7/3/2014The menu was right in keeping with the ambience: fresh, stylish, and yet unpretentious. A shiny gem on a relatively quite block in Davis Square, the restaurant clearly offers an uplifting and delicious food experience rather than a trendy showcase with predictable flavors and wines. Kudos to Posto!Special Features:
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/28/2014This is a great addition to the Davis Sq food scene. My only complaint is the pizza crust should be cooked a little better. It should be crunchy yes??? The service here is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2014The food was delicious, service excellent, noise level no problem. We had hoped to eat outside but it was in full sun when we arrived so they accommodated us inside. A great evening. And we biked from Belmont on the bike path to Davis Square - faster than driving and no parking hassles!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful meal at PostoMandyLewDined on 6/27/2014I took my mom and mother-in-law to Posto because it is a neighborhood gem. We had an excellent waitress named Jaime who was chatty and lovable but never over-bearing. The food was not only pleasing to the eye (absolutely beautiful presentations) but also just as delicious as they were beautiful. We will most certainly be back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticStephenDined on 6/27/2014Everything from the breadsticks to the pizza was phenomenal! Great wine and beer list, don't go, run!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSparkyDined on 6/26/2014Having had a favorable experience at Posto last July, we returned this June during a stay in Cambridge (we're from out of state). We were, in part, celebrating our daughter's 25th birthday. While the drinks, appetizer, and salads were all quite good (especially the calamari) and arrived in a timely manner, the two entrees we ordered to share took way too long (45 minutes?) to be served after finishing the first course. It was obvious that the waitress had forgotten to "fire" the order, but instead of approaching our table and admitting the lapse, we were pretty much ignored. We asked someone else about the status of our entrees and the whereabouts of the additional glass of wine we ordered. We'll visit another restaurant next time.Special Features: