187 Elm Street
Somerville, MA 02144Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.postoboston.com/
- Phone: (617) 625-0600
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Mon-Thurs: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Dinner Fri-Sat: 5:00pm-11:00pm
Dinner Sunday: 4:30pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Joe Cassinelli
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Chef Joseph Cassinelli is happy to help you create a unique menu that fits your event, budget and expectations, whether it"s a casual cocktail reception with wine, salumi and cheese, a Tuscan buffet with roast meats and vegetables, a classic
Italian family style dinner or a custom wine dinner ,we will help you to truly impress your guests. http://www.pizzeriaposto.com/cater.html
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you are planning an intimate dinner with friends, a corporate luncheon, a festive rehearsal dinner, or a bridal shower, Posto is the perfect venue for you. In addition to the private dining room, our main dining room may also be reserved for a private lunch or dinner. We will work with each client to create spectacular, personalized events and assist with every detail- from the creation of the menu and the selection of the wines to any other event planning services needed.
- Private Party Contact: Cody Webber 6176250600x
A word from POSTO
Posto, a modern interpretation of a classic Italian pizzeria, enoteca and trattoria all presented in a “farm chic” open air concept, is a fantastic new addition to Davis Square. Specializing in wood fired Neapolitan Pizza and Italian cuisine. Our menu features handmade pastas, grilled meats and fish, specialty cocktails and an extensive wine by the glass list that is centered around “Enzo,” our imported Italian wine preservation system. Posto is an elegantly appointed venue with subtle contemporary and rustic sophistication providing a family friendly, approachable dining venue. We support local artists, farmers, and ranchers whenever possible.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
POSTO reviews from OpenTable diners
187 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (120)fit for foodies (99)good for groups (60)romantic (55)notable wine list (48)special occasion (47)hot spot (42)great for outdoor dining (28)vibrant bar scene (25)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (9)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (4)Show More
- Professional, attentive, and delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014This was my second visit to Posto, and it was as good as the first. The service team was attentive and proactive, the food was prepared perfectly, and our server managed the clock to ensure we made it to our movie after dinner on time. I would highly recommend Posto to anyone looking for a well-run restaurant with excellent food and service. I know you can get a generic one anywhere, but the caesar salad is a must try. Definitely one of my favorite restaurants in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and excellent service!KCEssenDined on 11/19/2014Posto has many authentic Italian dishes. I have been their twice and have enjoyed both experiences as have all the people in my party. We will all definitely be back! I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/14/2014Really wonderful evening- great food, nice warm informal ambience, very accommodating service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and Yummy!SavvydinerVIPDined on 11/14/2014A fun and yummy place to go in Davis Square. The place is rather big for the area, and feels more like something you'd see in New York. That said, it is not pretentious at all, thank goodness, and in fact feels very warm and cozy, despite its size. Perhaps that has something to do with the fact that we dined in the "private dining room" which is in the back, but still visible to the rest of the place. Our waiter, Kelvin, was so simpatico and helped to make our time their really fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic pizza in a beautiful restaurantPhillyfoodieDined on 11/13/2014We chose Posto for a date night last week and have been raving about the food ever since! We ordered two pizzas and some cocktails and were absolutely stuffed by the end of the meal. The waitstaff was attentive and very pleasant, and our waiter explained that we could order half and half for each pizza. We ordered four different halves and were thrilled that we did -- every piece of pizza was better than the last! The tomato sauce is perfectly balanced, the toppings are unique, and the crust is the most exceptional paper-thin-yet-soft-and-chewy that you could ever hope for. Overall, the best pizza I've had in Cambridge (and the best I've had for a VERY long time!). Unfortunately we were too full to try appetizers or pastas, but they also looked delicious from what we saw going by. We could not recommend Posto more highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday & Vet Day Celebration!QueenofOzDined on 11/11/2014We were greeted warmly and taken care of quite nicely by the young woman who sat us to our kind waitress to the friendly food server. The menu is not huge but has plenty of great food. There was need for explanation for some of the dishes descriptions of the Italian names. The food was served fairly quickly with warm plates. The dishes were not overbearing with the amount of food or the diversity of ingredients, they were well combined and extremely tasty without being heavy. They surprised my daughter with a birthday dessert topped with a candle. They had arranged it over the phone when I made my reservation, which I thought was a very kind gesture. Great meal, I would highly recommend it to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServicejoeskydiverVIPDined on 11/9/2014It was a Sunday evening, when I usually do not go out to dine. My party of four were at the table for seventy five minutes, before our main entree was served. the food was hot, and it was tasty, but the bottle of wine was already gone, with only two of us drinking. The staff said that they had a little drama going on in the kitchen. It was not what I had expected.Special Features:
- Not worth a special tripOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/8/2014Read all the rave reviews, so decided to try it out for our anniversary dinner away from the kids. The service was adequate, but not particularly attentive. The food was decent, but nothing special. Our octopus appetizer was terrible. Good pasta. If you live in the 'hood, this is a fine place, but don't make a special trip to this restaurant.
- Good ChoiceDogfishDined on 11/7/2014Great, personable service, and the food came out in what felt like minutes after we ordered. Reservation recommended on weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great waitress, very good consistent foodeggyVIPDined on 11/5/2014I was thrilled that the waitress / restaurant actually remembered to bring out a piece of cake with a candle for my husband's birthday. Food was excellentSpecial Features:
- POSTO is consistently deliciousCandJDined on 11/5/2014I still haven't made it to the pizza menu, because their pastas and meat/seafood items are always so tempting. The cocktails are delightful, too. It's always a hit, and a great date night or outing with a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't be BackOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/31/2014We were very hopeful about Posto but the two Flickering TVs playing moronic shows over the bar and projecting into the main room were out of sync with the style the restaurant aspires to. The service was friendly but incompetent--long waits for the waiter to show up, he was forgetful, food came at odd times (the two appetizers came widely separated in time, as did the mains). The food itself: arancini tasty, squid on polenta good texture but tasteless, spouse's eggplant dish inedible (pre-cooked and then burned while reheated), my pasta with pancetta and egg well done but gluey and under salted. Waiter offered to bring more cheese and then forgot. 130 dollars for the meail without dessert? Come on.
- zeker1VIPDined on 10/31/2014Posto is a very good neighborhood spot. This is our second time visiting and we were very pleased once again. The menu is varied and tempting. The service is friendly and effecient. The food exceeded our expectations. Everything was cooked perfectly and attractively presented.Special Features:
- Excellent find!KarlDined on 10/31/2014I was just looking for some place that I could make a reservation via OT, and was pleased to stumble across POSTO. The food was excellent, the service was top notch, and everyone was extremely friendly. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SOMERVILLE'S GEMcuitcnyVIPDined on 10/29/2014WOW; GREAT RESTAURANT; ESPECIALLY LIKED THE PERSONAL PIZZA PIES! ONLY COMPLAINT: TOO POPULAR! NEED TO MAKE RESERVATIONS ALL THE TIME. VERY NICE PEOPLE WORK THERE; THE FOOD IS GREAT AND THE PATRONS ARE FRIENDLY AS WELL.Special Features:
- always deliversMarg03Dined on 10/26/2014Great variety on the menu. Friendly service and great atmosphere. Love Davis Sq LocationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First restaurant reviewMjo106Dined on 10/18/2014This is the first restaurant I felt compelled to review. We went to Posto for our anniversary based on feedback from a friend. The wait staff was spot on, friendly and knowledgeable without being pretentious. The food was excellent and to top things off we received complimentary glasses of Prosecco and a customized menu wishing us Happy Anniversary. My new favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sort of worth the waitEatNSleepDined on 10/17/2014So our evening at Posto started out great - we made reservations for 9:30pm, arrived around 8:30pm and they sat us at a not so desirable table outside - we didn't mind the spot and we were hungry so we took the early seating. HOWEVER, we literally waited at least half an hour before I had to ask a staff person if we could have some level of service. No one came to our table at all to even get us water, or check-in. I understand it was a very busy night, but no one came by at all and we were not at all hidden. So that really bummed us out and made the evening turn sour. Food was decent, my friend's pizza was spicier than described, my pasta was pretty good. And the bread was on the house due to the lack of service....
- MsrkDined on 10/14/2014The most authentic italian pizza I've had outside the Milan area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Awesome!RealtorMomVIPDined on 10/12/2014Homemade pasta dishes never disappoint - so rich! And we always get one pizza "for the table" - you can't not get one! (And yes, they reheat well!) Don't forget the head-on shrimp in chili butter appetizer - one of the best apps around! Everything is fresh, everything will make you happy :)
- Italian in Davis Square3boysmomDined on 10/12/2014The food was good, not really special. The salad greens were drenched in dressing and wilted. The pasta dishes were very good and the pizza was very good. We thought it was above average but not really special. tables were close together. we had made a reservation on open table and no special table was set aside. Waitress was helpful and not hovering. Close to Tufts which was our goal.
- Great service great timeiwassVIPDined on 10/11/2014Maddy set the stage for a delicious birthday dinner. Food was delicious. Guidance in ordering was just right!Special Features:
- Reliably top-notchazulitaDined on 10/4/2014The breadsticks made from the homemade pizza dough are cooked up fresh, thin, and crunchy. The waitstaff are amazingly friendly and funny. My friend's 7 year old daughter gets high-fives from her favorites. My favorite dish is the Taglietelli which I have had served both with gluten-free pasta and the pasta of choice and have no complaints either way except that I can't get enough of it. I prefer it served with the Montepulciano d'Abruzzo but YMMV. And for desert, I have to say that the tiramisu is amazing (although I might argue the portion size is too big and feeds three, but I'm not in the mood to argue, my stomach is too full.) Go. It'll be good for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014I had the gnocchi with braised beef, it just melted in my mouth it was great! The only negative thing I would say that the lighting was a bit too dim, I went with my uncle who is in his 60s and he couldn't read the menu, I also saw a few other tables having to pull out their phones to read it. Overall great experience.
- Cute restaurant with delicious foodLorelei19Dined on 10/2/2014POSTO has a great selection of pizza, pasta, wine, and other dishes. The frutta pizza is amazing! Truly delicious food. The restaurant inside is beautifully decorated. Only complaint- service was not very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014Second time here and again the food was amazing. I have tried the pizza, apps and chicken dishes. My friend and I both were very satisfiedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a real findPickyEaterDined on 9/30/2014I've generally been disappointed by Italian cuisine in Boston (!yes, that's true). But, Il Posto in Davis Square (a most unlikely location for superb food) has changed my mind. The menu is large, but populated with a few carefully chosen, unique items in each category. We had a veal dish that was to die for (most veal offered in any restaurant is to die of) and the most delicate, juicy calamari imaginable. The presentation was lovely. The wine list was great, with some really interesting choices. Great spot for anyone who likes very nice food in a fun European atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceMBCNDined on 9/28/2014Food was amazing and our waitress was phenomenal. We shared the Burrata antipasti and it was divine - served with poached pear, prosciutto, and rosemary honey. It was perfectly portioned for two. We also shared the Caesar salad and I'm glad we did as it was a very generous portion suited to sharing. I had the Parma pizza and my friend had the Frutta. Although we both finished our respective pizzas, we probably should have ordered just one and shared. The pizzas were generously sized. My only complaint is that my first glass of wine was what I considered a very small pour, the send glasses was a more normal pour. The restaurant should give steak knives to cut the pizza as it was difficult at times to cut through the crust.Special Features:
- Great spot, good foodfoodexplorerDined on 9/26/2014I read a lot of reviews and had quite a few recommendations for this spot, so I had really high expectations. The food was pretty good, but probably not worth the amount we paid for it. It was good, but a little underwhelming. The bread was great, but the Tagliatelle was pretty meat-forward (strong meat flavor). Overall pretty good - I would go back and try the pizza instead. I don't think my veal, though good, was worth the price. The ambiance was great, as were the service and the drinks.Special Features:
- Pasta InconsistentSoh21Dined on 9/23/2014A friend and I went out for a dinner on a boys day out, after hearing that Posto was known for Italian dish with specialty in Pizza. He started with Arugula salad, while I started with Caesar salad with white anchovies (best I have ever tasted), they were both large and excellent all around. Good selection of moderately priced wine and server was excellent. My gnocchi pasta dish with brazed short rib sauce was outstanding, while my friend's pasta dish came out looking like a high school cafeteria dish (probably was plated but left out for all too long) and unfortunately tasted just as disappointing so he ate about 1/4 of it and did not even bother taking it home. I will return with my family but it is doubtful that he will return.Special Features:
- Posto is a hitzeker1VIPDined on 9/20/2014We had a delightful dining experience at Posto recently. The decor is vibrant and the place was alive with a mixed crowd of folks who looked like they too were enjoying the ambiance and cuisine. Server was friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. The food was served hot and was presented in an appealing manner. My pasta was delicious and the potion quite ample. The apps were also very tasty. Posto exceeded our expectations ans we will be sure to recommend it to others and will certainly return.Special Features:
- DisappointingAnomymusVIPDined on 9/19/2014Great service! Unfortunately SOGGY pizza. Waitress said that is how they serve it.
- homemade pasta and pizzaswine4meDined on 9/19/2014Just a short walk from the T stop, we took a friend from out of town here based on ratings on opentable. Nice atmosphere, very nice staff, and great homemade pasta! Our waitress was great and very accommodating to dietary issues.
- Best Italian in the area!marber00Dined on 9/19/2014went here for a family dinner night and we left thoroughly impressed. with a few of us having worked in restaurants for many years, we tend to notice the nit-picky components of service. the service team at Posto was stellar and didn't miss a beat in making our dining experience memorable. food is also excellent -- felt like I was back in Napoli. highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Pizza Anywhere!cbougasDined on 9/18/2014Posto came highly recommended by a friend. I went with my adult daughter on a Thursday night, with high expectations, and they did not disappoint. This was authentic Italian Pizza at its best. The atmosphere was vibrant and energetic due to the open kitchen. The service was top notch. Overall, we had a great experience and we look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food & atmospheresomewhathungryDined on 9/14/2014We ate here on a Sunday night in September and the place was very busy. We sat outside to enjoy the nice night, but maybe that explains why service was so slow. Staff was very pleasant & helpful, but it took a long time to order food & get it, nothing difficult ordered. Our son comes here often and recommended the pizza, We ordered appetizers, pizza & a chicken dish. The wine list is nice and once food arrived it was good. Not great but good. This is rated the top place to eat in Somerville and maybe it is but I left thinking if this is the best what are the other places like.Special Features:
- Absolutely Lovely ExperienceCaliforniatransplantDined on 9/12/2014My husband and I had many dining choices to select from for our 5th anniversary. We chose Posto, and we're glad we did! The staff was friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable. The atmosphere was lovely and the food was delicious. We can't wait to share this little gem with our family and friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoseDined on 9/8/2014Disappointed with the wine pours... my $10 wine barely filled half of the glass. Service hovered slightly, but was kind. Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing visithungryhungryDined on 9/4/2014Announced as one of the top 50 restaurants in Boston Magazine and having a menu a bit more pricy than normally, my expectations were rather high. But I went back home really disappointed after my first visit (and last) to Posto. I had arancini as an appetizer, which lacked a bit of taste, and to my (and my companion's) big surprise our main dishes suddenly appeared on our table while still in the midst of the appetizer. So when we finally finished the appetizers, our main dishes were already cooled down quite a bit. As entrée I had one of the signature pizzas, but the dough was thick, tough and not crispy at all. And my partner's meal wasn't satisfying either. One would definitely expect better food for this price.Special Features:
- Delightful. Excellent serviceSteveLanielDined on 9/2/2014You definitely want to eat the pizza here. I'm a vegetarian, and I tend to focus on the mushroom pizza; it is delightful. Also, our server was just as sweet as could be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.