187 Elm Street
Somerville, MA 02144Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.postoboston.com/
- Phone: 6176250600x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Mon-Thurs: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Dinner Fri-Sat: 5:00pm-11:00pm
Dinner Sunday: 4:30pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Joe Cassinelli
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Chef Joseph Cassinelli is happy to help you create a unique menu that fits your event, budget and expectations, whether it"s a casual cocktail reception with wine, salumi and cheese, a Tuscan buffet with roast meats and vegetables, a classic
Italian family style dinner or a custom wine dinner ,we will help you to truly impress your guests. http://www.pizzeriaposto.com/cater.html
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you are planning an intimate dinner with friends, a corporate luncheon, a festive rehearsal dinner, or a bridal shower, Posto is the perfect venue for you. In addition to the private dining room, our main dining room may also be reserved for a private lunch or dinner. We will work with each client to create spectacular, personalized events and assist with every detail- from the creation of the menu and the selection of the wines to any other event planning services needed.
- Private Party Contact: Cody Webber 6176250600x
A word from POSTO
Posto, a modern interpretation of a classic Italian pizzeria, enoteca and trattoria all presented in a “farm chic” open air concept, is a fantastic new addition to Davis Square. Specializing in wood fired Neapolitan Pizza and Italian cuisine. Our menu features handmade pastas, grilled meats and fish, specialty cocktails and an extensive wine by the glass list that is centered around “Enzo,” our imported Italian wine preservation system. Posto is an elegantly appointed venue with subtle contemporary and rustic sophistication providing a family friendly, approachable dining venue. We support local artists, farmers, and ranchers whenever possible.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
POSTO reviews from OpenTable diners
203 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (132)fit for foodies (113)romantic (60)special occasion (55)good for groups (53)great for outdoor dining (50)notable wine list (47)hot spot (45)vibrant bar scene (25)kid-friendly (24)late-night find (8)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- First restaurant reviewMjo106Dined on 10/18/2014This is the first restaurant I felt compelled to review. We went to Posto for our anniversary based on feedback from a friend. The wait staff was spot on, friendly and knowledgeable without being pretentious. The food was excellent and to top things off we received complimentary glasses of Prosecco and a customized menu wishing us Happy Anniversary. My new favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sort of worth the waitEatNSleepDined on 10/17/2014So our evening at Posto started out great - we made reservations for 9:30pm, arrived around 8:30pm and they sat us at a not so desirable table outside - we didn't mind the spot and we were hungry so we took the early seating. HOWEVER, we literally waited at least half an hour before I had to ask a staff person if we could have some level of service. No one came to our table at all to even get us water, or check-in. I understand it was a very busy night, but no one came by at all and we were not at all hidden. So that really bummed us out and made the evening turn sour. Food was decent, my friend's pizza was spicier than described, my pasta was pretty good. And the bread was on the house due to the lack of service....
- MsrkDined on 10/14/2014The most authentic italian pizza I've had outside the Milan area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Awesome!RealtorMomVIPDined on 10/12/2014Homemade pasta dishes never disappoint - so rich! And we always get one pizza "for the table" - you can't not get one! (And yes, they reheat well!) Don't forget the head-on shrimp in chili butter appetizer - one of the best apps around! Everything is fresh, everything will make you happy :)
- Italian in Davis Square3boysmomDined on 10/12/2014The food was good, not really special. The salad greens were drenched in dressing and wilted. The pasta dishes were very good and the pizza was very good. We thought it was above average but not really special. tables were close together. we had made a reservation on open table and no special table was set aside. Waitress was helpful and not hovering. Close to Tufts which was our goal.
- Great service great timeiwassVIPDined on 10/11/2014Maddy set the stage for a delicious birthday dinner. Food was delicious. Guidance in ordering was just right!Special Features:
- Reliably top-notchazulitaDined on 10/4/2014The breadsticks made from the homemade pizza dough are cooked up fresh, thin, and crunchy. The waitstaff are amazingly friendly and funny. My friend's 7 year old daughter gets high-fives from her favorites. My favorite dish is the Taglietelli which I have had served both with gluten-free pasta and the pasta of choice and have no complaints either way except that I can't get enough of it. I prefer it served with the Montepulciano d'Abruzzo but YMMV. And for desert, I have to say that the tiramisu is amazing (although I might argue the portion size is too big and feeds three, but I'm not in the mood to argue, my stomach is too full.) Go. It'll be good for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014I had the gnocchi with braised beef, it just melted in my mouth it was great! The only negative thing I would say that the lighting was a bit too dim, I went with my uncle who is in his 60s and he couldn't read the menu, I also saw a few other tables having to pull out their phones to read it. Overall great experience.
- Cute restaurant with delicious foodLorelei19Dined on 10/2/2014POSTO has a great selection of pizza, pasta, wine, and other dishes. The frutta pizza is amazing! Truly delicious food. The restaurant inside is beautifully decorated. Only complaint- service was not very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014Second time here and again the food was amazing. I have tried the pizza, apps and chicken dishes. My friend and I both were very satisfiedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a real findPickyEaterDined on 9/30/2014I've generally been disappointed by Italian cuisine in Boston (!yes, that's true). But, Il Posto in Davis Square (a most unlikely location for superb food) has changed my mind. The menu is large, but populated with a few carefully chosen, unique items in each category. We had a veal dish that was to die for (most veal offered in any restaurant is to die of) and the most delicate, juicy calamari imaginable. The presentation was lovely. The wine list was great, with some really interesting choices. Great spot for anyone who likes very nice food in a fun European atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceMBCNDined on 9/28/2014Food was amazing and our waitress was phenomenal. We shared the Burrata antipasti and it was divine - served with poached pear, prosciutto, and rosemary honey. It was perfectly portioned for two. We also shared the Caesar salad and I'm glad we did as it was a very generous portion suited to sharing. I had the Parma pizza and my friend had the Frutta. Although we both finished our respective pizzas, we probably should have ordered just one and shared. The pizzas were generously sized. My only complaint is that my first glass of wine was what I considered a very small pour, the send glasses was a more normal pour. The restaurant should give steak knives to cut the pizza as it was difficult at times to cut through the crust.Special Features:
- Great spot, good foodfoodexplorerDined on 9/26/2014I read a lot of reviews and had quite a few recommendations for this spot, so I had really high expectations. The food was pretty good, but probably not worth the amount we paid for it. It was good, but a little underwhelming. The bread was great, but the Tagliatelle was pretty meat-forward (strong meat flavor). Overall pretty good - I would go back and try the pizza instead. I don't think my veal, though good, was worth the price. The ambiance was great, as were the service and the drinks.Special Features:
- Pasta InconsistentSoh21Dined on 9/23/2014A friend and I went out for a dinner on a boys day out, after hearing that Posto was known for Italian dish with specialty in Pizza. He started with Arugula salad, while I started with Caesar salad with white anchovies (best I have ever tasted), they were both large and excellent all around. Good selection of moderately priced wine and server was excellent. My gnocchi pasta dish with brazed short rib sauce was outstanding, while my friend's pasta dish came out looking like a high school cafeteria dish (probably was plated but left out for all too long) and unfortunately tasted just as disappointing so he ate about 1/4 of it and did not even bother taking it home. I will return with my family but it is doubtful that he will return.Special Features:
- Posto is a hitzeker1VIPDined on 9/20/2014We had a delightful dining experience at Posto recently. The decor is vibrant and the place was alive with a mixed crowd of folks who looked like they too were enjoying the ambiance and cuisine. Server was friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. The food was served hot and was presented in an appealing manner. My pasta was delicious and the potion quite ample. The apps were also very tasty. Posto exceeded our expectations ans we will be sure to recommend it to others and will certainly return.Special Features:
- DisappointingAnomymusVIPDined on 9/19/2014Great service! Unfortunately SOGGY pizza. Waitress said that is how they serve it.
- homemade pasta and pizzaswine4meDined on 9/19/2014Just a short walk from the T stop, we took a friend from out of town here based on ratings on opentable. Nice atmosphere, very nice staff, and great homemade pasta! Our waitress was great and very accommodating to dietary issues.
- Best Italian in the area!marber00Dined on 9/19/2014went here for a family dinner night and we left thoroughly impressed. with a few of us having worked in restaurants for many years, we tend to notice the nit-picky components of service. the service team at Posto was stellar and didn't miss a beat in making our dining experience memorable. food is also excellent -- felt like I was back in Napoli. highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Pizza Anywhere!cbougasDined on 9/18/2014Posto came highly recommended by a friend. I went with my adult daughter on a Thursday night, with high expectations, and they did not disappoint. This was authentic Italian Pizza at its best. The atmosphere was vibrant and energetic due to the open kitchen. The service was top notch. Overall, we had a great experience and we look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food & atmospheresomewhathungryDined on 9/14/2014We ate here on a Sunday night in September and the place was very busy. We sat outside to enjoy the nice night, but maybe that explains why service was so slow. Staff was very pleasant & helpful, but it took a long time to order food & get it, nothing difficult ordered. Our son comes here often and recommended the pizza, We ordered appetizers, pizza & a chicken dish. The wine list is nice and once food arrived it was good. Not great but good. This is rated the top place to eat in Somerville and maybe it is but I left thinking if this is the best what are the other places like.Special Features:
- Absolutely Lovely ExperienceCaliforniatransplantDined on 9/12/2014My husband and I had many dining choices to select from for our 5th anniversary. We chose Posto, and we're glad we did! The staff was friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable. The atmosphere was lovely and the food was delicious. We can't wait to share this little gem with our family and friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoseDined on 9/8/2014Disappointed with the wine pours... my $10 wine barely filled half of the glass. Service hovered slightly, but was kind. Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing visithungryhungryDined on 9/4/2014Announced as one of the top 50 restaurants in Boston Magazine and having a menu a bit more pricy than normally, my expectations were rather high. But I went back home really disappointed after my first visit (and last) to Posto. I had arancini as an appetizer, which lacked a bit of taste, and to my (and my companion's) big surprise our main dishes suddenly appeared on our table while still in the midst of the appetizer. So when we finally finished the appetizers, our main dishes were already cooled down quite a bit. As entrée I had one of the signature pizzas, but the dough was thick, tough and not crispy at all. And my partner's meal wasn't satisfying either. One would definitely expect better food for this price.Special Features:
- Delightful. Excellent serviceSteveLanielDined on 9/2/2014You definitely want to eat the pizza here. I'm a vegetarian, and I tend to focus on the mushroom pizza; it is delightful. Also, our server was just as sweet as could be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Been to Posto a few times now. Experience is always amazing and the food is always delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImprovementsmysteryDined on 8/31/2014The noise level is really high! We went for a special occasion and could hardly hear each other. We had requested a quiet spot in the small separate room about 2 weeks - 3 weeks before but were told sorry not available. The food was great but your Caesar salad could be better and the main entree shrimp dish is so spicy that my daughter who loves spicy food said she could barely eat it. The other entrees were great. You need more low-end prices on your wine list. Our waitress was very attentive and nice. We were lucky- very! - to get a parking space but it is an issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED IT!chocolateDined on 8/30/2014I went with my 25 year old son and his 3 friends. The food was excellent. There was something for everyone. We had the Calamari, and then 2 of us had the Brodo, two the Gnocchi with short rib, and one had the Cod. Shared Tiramisu which as very creamy and rich. We were all happy. The service was attentive but not intrusive. Great experience overall. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood hot spotMin27Dined on 8/30/2014Neighborhood hot spot with parking. We all had fish entrees. Cod with white beans slightly overcooked , nice ingredients. Spaghetti with shrimp nicely done in tomato broth. Appetizers were crispy arancini to share, and a small cast iron pan of heated olives went very well with wine and beer. A little too noisy for our table of 5 to converse comfortably. Outdoor tables for 2 seemed quieter, but right on the street. Wish we had tried the thin crust, fire grilled pizza. Next time. The service was timely. Hard to understand our waitress, possibly because of the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good all around!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014After hearing so many good things about Posto we decided to check it out. It is on the outside edge of the Davis Square which is nice. The food, service and atmosphere were all very good. We will definitely go back!!Special Features:
- 2nd weekend disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014This is the second time I've been disappointed at POSTO on the weekend. Food seems to be much better weekdays. Not sure if the kitchen gets overwhelmed, but this really great place turns into something else come Friday and Saturday.
- Dinner at PostomaddieMDined on 8/28/2014Two of us recently ate dinner on a Thurs at this Davis Square Italian spot. We had a reservation but the place was only half full when we arrived - they first tried to seat us just inside the door and then at the table in front of the bathroom - finally they just let us pick a deuce in the front window. We had their sangria, a caprese salad, the gnocchi and a pizza. Sangria was very good. Tomatoes were fresh, gnocchi was a bit overcooked, and pizza was good. A nice meal with decent service, but nothing special. A good local spot which we would try again - but would stick to pizza and salad the next time.Special Features:
- Top Notch Italian FoodagtcoolDined on 8/26/2014The food at Posto is outstanding. We had the meatballs and arancini followed by the cavatelli and gnocci. Prices were good and I have no complaints.Special Features:
- Great birthday dinnereatcakeDined on 8/25/2014I made a 5:30 reservation at Posto for my husband's birthday. We brought our three young kids and another adult. Posto made the occasion special by typing up Happy Birthday (husband's name) at the top of the menus. What a nice touch! Our server was warm, attentive and knowledgeable. The food was delicious. To start, we sampled the wild boar with cured grapes which was a nice balance of sweet and salty. Our entrees included the special white pizza (lemon zest, parm, hot peppers topped w fresh arugula and parsley), the brodo (perfectly cooked seafood in a delicately spiced broth), the margherita pizza, and spaghetti and meatballs. Our only issue with our table was the sun shining in was bothersome. I will recommend Posto in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!RealtorMomVIPDined on 8/23/2014We just love POSTO because it never disappoints! Fresh, homemade pasta, pizza, and delish dishes that are created with precise balance of flavors, perfectly cooked and beautifully executed. Servers are all warm and friendly, yet highly knowledgeable about menu and accompanying wines and cocktails. Worth the drive from MetroWest :)
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014We had to wait too long for a pizza, when the restaurant was not very busy.Special Features:
- Can be very goodEdMkDined on 8/21/2014Pizza can be great or just so so depending on what you order and your taste. Best pics for us so far have been meatball and plain pizza with basil. It is a 100 dollar check for pizza and drinks but the atmosphere is nice, especially outdoor tables in nice weather. Service is friendly and good.Special Features:
- Great findMamaBearDined on 8/19/2014My adult children and I dined here, and had a wonderful time. Varied menu, great food and service. Truly a gem.Special Features:
- Great neapolitan pizzaClipsDined on 8/18/2014Awesome neapolitan style pizza, good service, solid beer and wine list. Their cocktails are pretty good too. They have both indoor and outdoor (on nice days) seating.Special Features:
- Tasty and enjoyableDocOrionDined on 8/18/2014My fiancee and I had a lovely dinner; service was topnotch and food was delicious. My fiance has numerous food allergies and staff at every level was more than accommodating. If an issue exists, it's the noise level; not helped by the numerous televisions, or the not-exactly-sound-absorbing decor (modern exposed everything). Despite that flaw, our experience was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic PizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2014Great lunch spot. One of the best pizzas in town, but on the pricey side. Nice touch to hand out blankets for outdoor diners on a cool evening.Special Features: