187 Elm Street
Somerville, MA 02144Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.postoboston.com/
- Phone: 6176250600x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Mon-Thurs: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Dinner Fri-Sat: 5:00pm-11:00pm
Dinner Sunday: 4:30pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Joe Cassinelli
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Chef Joseph Cassinelli is happy to help you create a unique menu that fits your event, budget and expectations, whether it"s a casual cocktail reception with wine, salumi and cheese, a Tuscan buffet with roast meats and vegetables, a classic
Italian family style dinner or a custom wine dinner ,we will help you to truly impress your guests. http://www.pizzeriaposto.com/cater.html
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you are planning an intimate dinner with friends, a corporate luncheon, a festive rehearsal dinner, or a bridal shower, Posto is the perfect venue for you. In addition to the private dining room, our main dining room may also be reserved for a private lunch or dinner. We will work with each client to create spectacular, personalized events and assist with every detail- from the creation of the menu and the selection of the wines to any other event planning services needed.
- Private Party Contact: Cody Webber 6176250600x
A word from POSTO
Posto, a modern interpretation of a classic Italian pizzeria, enoteca and trattoria all presented in a “farm chic” open air concept, is a fantastic new addition to Davis Square. Specializing in wood fired Neapolitan Pizza and Italian cuisine. Our menu features handmade pastas, grilled meats and fish, specialty cocktails and an extensive wine by the glass list that is centered around “Enzo,” our imported Italian wine preservation system. Posto is an elegantly appointed venue with subtle contemporary and rustic sophistication providing a family friendly, approachable dining venue. We support local artists, farmers, and ranchers whenever possible.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
POSTO reviews from OpenTable diners
211 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (138)fit for foodies (120)special occasion (67)romantic (62)great for outdoor dining (60)good for groups (57)notable wine list (55)hot spot (51)vibrant bar scene (27)kid-friendly (22)great for lunch (10)late-night find (9)great for brunch (8)scenic view (2)Show More
- homemade pasta and pizzasOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/19/2014Just a short walk from the T stop, we took a friend from out of town here based on ratings on opentable. Nice atmosphere, very nice staff, and great homemade pasta! Our waitress was great and very accommodating to dietary issues.
- Best Italian in the area!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014went here for a family dinner night and we left thoroughly impressed. with a few of us having worked in restaurants for many years, we tend to notice the nit-picky components of service. the service team at Posto was stellar and didn't miss a beat in making our dining experience memorable. food is also excellent -- felt like I was back in Napoli. highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Pizza Anywhere!cbougasDined on 9/18/2014Posto came highly recommended by a friend. I went with my adult daughter on a Thursday night, with high expectations, and they did not disappoint. This was authentic Italian Pizza at its best. The atmosphere was vibrant and energetic due to the open kitchen. The service was top notch. Overall, we had a great experience and we look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food & atmospheresomewhathungryDined on 9/14/2014We ate here on a Sunday night in September and the place was very busy. We sat outside to enjoy the nice night, but maybe that explains why service was so slow. Staff was very pleasant & helpful, but it took a long time to order food & get it, nothing difficult ordered. Our son comes here often and recommended the pizza, We ordered appetizers, pizza & a chicken dish. The wine list is nice and once food arrived it was good. Not great but good. This is rated the top place to eat in Somerville and maybe it is but I left thinking if this is the best what are the other places like.Special Features:
- Absolutely Lovely ExperienceCaliforniatransplantDined on 9/12/2014My husband and I had many dining choices to select from for our 5th anniversary. We chose Posto, and we're glad we did! The staff was friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable. The atmosphere was lovely and the food was delicious. We can't wait to share this little gem with our family and friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoseDined on 9/8/2014Disappointed with the wine pours... my $10 wine barely filled half of the glass. Service hovered slightly, but was kind. Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing visithungryhungryDined on 9/4/2014Announced as one of the top 50 restaurants in Boston Magazine and having a menu a bit more pricy than normally, my expectations were rather high. But I went back home really disappointed after my first visit (and last) to Posto. I had arancini as an appetizer, which lacked a bit of taste, and to my (and my companion's) big surprise our main dishes suddenly appeared on our table while still in the midst of the appetizer. So when we finally finished the appetizers, our main dishes were already cooled down quite a bit. As entrée I had one of the signature pizzas, but the dough was thick, tough and not crispy at all. And my partner's meal wasn't satisfying either. One would definitely expect better food for this price.Special Features:
- Delightful. Excellent serviceSteveLanielDined on 9/2/2014You definitely want to eat the pizza here. I'm a vegetarian, and I tend to focus on the mushroom pizza; it is delightful. Also, our server was just as sweet as could be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Been to Posto a few times now. Experience is always amazing and the food is always delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImprovementsmysteryDined on 8/31/2014The noise level is really high! We went for a special occasion and could hardly hear each other. We had requested a quiet spot in the small separate room about 2 weeks - 3 weeks before but were told sorry not available. The food was great but your Caesar salad could be better and the main entree shrimp dish is so spicy that my daughter who loves spicy food said she could barely eat it. The other entrees were great. You need more low-end prices on your wine list. Our waitress was very attentive and nice. We were lucky- very! - to get a parking space but it is an issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED IT!chocolateDined on 8/30/2014I went with my 25 year old son and his 3 friends. The food was excellent. There was something for everyone. We had the Calamari, and then 2 of us had the Brodo, two the Gnocchi with short rib, and one had the Cod. Shared Tiramisu which as very creamy and rich. We were all happy. The service was attentive but not intrusive. Great experience overall. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood hot spotMin27Dined on 8/30/2014Neighborhood hot spot with parking. We all had fish entrees. Cod with white beans slightly overcooked , nice ingredients. Spaghetti with shrimp nicely done in tomato broth. Appetizers were crispy arancini to share, and a small cast iron pan of heated olives went very well with wine and beer. A little too noisy for our table of 5 to converse comfortably. Outdoor tables for 2 seemed quieter, but right on the street. Wish we had tried the thin crust, fire grilled pizza. Next time. The service was timely. Hard to understand our waitress, possibly because of the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good all around!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014After hearing so many good things about Posto we decided to check it out. It is on the outside edge of the Davis Square which is nice. The food, service and atmosphere were all very good. We will definitely go back!!Special Features:
- 2nd weekend disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014This is the second time I've been disappointed at POSTO on the weekend. Food seems to be much better weekdays. Not sure if the kitchen gets overwhelmed, but this really great place turns into something else come Friday and Saturday.
- Dinner at PostomaddieMDined on 8/28/2014Two of us recently ate dinner on a Thurs at this Davis Square Italian spot. We had a reservation but the place was only half full when we arrived - they first tried to seat us just inside the door and then at the table in front of the bathroom - finally they just let us pick a deuce in the front window. We had their sangria, a caprese salad, the gnocchi and a pizza. Sangria was very good. Tomatoes were fresh, gnocchi was a bit overcooked, and pizza was good. A nice meal with decent service, but nothing special. A good local spot which we would try again - but would stick to pizza and salad the next time.Special Features:
- Top Notch Italian FoodagtcoolDined on 8/26/2014The food at Posto is outstanding. We had the meatballs and arancini followed by the cavatelli and gnocci. Prices were good and I have no complaints.Special Features:
- Great birthday dinnereatcakeDined on 8/25/2014I made a 5:30 reservation at Posto for my husband's birthday. We brought our three young kids and another adult. Posto made the occasion special by typing up Happy Birthday (husband's name) at the top of the menus. What a nice touch! Our server was warm, attentive and knowledgeable. The food was delicious. To start, we sampled the wild boar with cured grapes which was a nice balance of sweet and salty. Our entrees included the special white pizza (lemon zest, parm, hot peppers topped w fresh arugula and parsley), the brodo (perfectly cooked seafood in a delicately spiced broth), the margherita pizza, and spaghetti and meatballs. Our only issue with our table was the sun shining in was bothersome. I will recommend Posto in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!RealtorMomVIPDined on 8/23/2014We just love POSTO because it never disappoints! Fresh, homemade pasta, pizza, and delish dishes that are created with precise balance of flavors, perfectly cooked and beautifully executed. Servers are all warm and friendly, yet highly knowledgeable about menu and accompanying wines and cocktails. Worth the drive from MetroWest :)
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014We had to wait too long for a pizza, when the restaurant was not very busy.Special Features:
- Can be very goodEdMkDined on 8/21/2014Pizza can be great or just so so depending on what you order and your taste. Best pics for us so far have been meatball and plain pizza with basil. It is a 100 dollar check for pizza and drinks but the atmosphere is nice, especially outdoor tables in nice weather. Service is friendly and good.Special Features:
- Great findMamaBearDined on 8/19/2014My adult children and I dined here, and had a wonderful time. Varied menu, great food and service. Truly a gem.Special Features:
- Great neapolitan pizzaClipsDined on 8/18/2014Awesome neapolitan style pizza, good service, solid beer and wine list. Their cocktails are pretty good too. They have both indoor and outdoor (on nice days) seating.Special Features:
- Tasty and enjoyableDocOrionDined on 8/18/2014My fiancee and I had a lovely dinner; service was topnotch and food was delicious. My fiance has numerous food allergies and staff at every level was more than accommodating. If an issue exists, it's the noise level; not helped by the numerous televisions, or the not-exactly-sound-absorbing decor (modern exposed everything). Despite that flaw, our experience was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic PizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2014Great lunch spot. One of the best pizzas in town, but on the pricey side. Nice touch to hand out blankets for outdoor diners on a cool evening.Special Features:
- Beautiful place!AntonioVIPDined on 8/15/2014Nice restaurant. Good service. Good food. Pizza special was quiet good, cavatelli good, lack of flavor on brodo but acceptable anyway. Apple crostada was delicious.
- Pizza didn't live up to expectationTuftsparentDined on 8/13/2014Appetizers, pastas are great. Staff very attendant. However after not having pizza on the first visit and being told it was exceptional we all tried different ones and all four of us, were disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Posto!KatieDined on 8/12/2014Awesome food, awesome service! We love Posto do much & try to get over here for a good dinner a couple of times each month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Dinner w/Great Atmospherenixie14Dined on 8/10/2014We went here on a Sunday night with our two teenagers (13 and 16). Arrived at 5:30 pm and the place was pretty empty. We loved the breadsticks - could have eaten more. We started off with a caesar salad and it was big enough for the 4 of us to share a small portion. The dressing was not the creamy type and was a little too vinegary for my taste, but I'd rather go in that direction rather than it drowning in heavy traditional caesar dressing. The two kids split a meatball pizza. It was above ave., not great. I had the garlic shrimp with spaghetti. The shrimp was nicely cooked but overall, the dish was not very flavorful - pasta was done perfectly, however. My husband had the crab tortellini and it was a satisfying, flavorful dish.Special Features:
- Great anniversary dinner at Posto!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014I booked through open table and requested a seat in the back where it's quieter because we were celebrating an anniversary. Not only did we get a great table, we were served complimentary sparkling wine! Our waitress was so friendly and the food was amazing. We had a fabulous time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itBeccaDined on 8/9/2014Posto is excellent. The sangria, beer and wine lists are great and there are several delicious salads. The pizza is awesome and so is the pasta. The tiramisu is the best dessert and is great to split.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice meal, very noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014This was my first visit to Posto. The food was creative, delicious and nicely presented. Our waitress was very friendly, knowledgeable and gave all around excellent service. We sat inside but it was nice to see that they had tables for sitting outdoors also. The tables are right in front at the street edge so it's not quiet or pretty, but if you just want fresh air it's a nice option. I did not care for the two large TV screens and the loud music playing. I really enjoyed the meal and service but with a lively noisy household I look for my nights out with my husband to be a quiet time where we can talk and that was a bit hard to do in this location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2014Great food with many nice choices. Service was wonderful. I'm recommending it to friends and plan to return. Ambiance is fresh, lively and nicely lit.Special Features:
- Hit or miss foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014We remembered a great meal here a few years ago, but on this recent visit, thought the food was very so so. Great caesar salad and good calamari, terrible seafood brodo - no taste, overcooked seafood, and very weird squid ink gnocchi. Sad!Special Features:
- Pizza and snacksPhilDined on 8/6/2014Me, my wife and our friend recently visited Posto. We were warmly greeted by our hostess and seated right near the entrance to the open kitchen with a nice view of the pizza oven :). We ordered our drinks Stone IPA, White wine, and a cucumber cocktail. We then followed that with an order of the delicious meatballs, warm yummy bread that was a great pairing with the spicy olive oil, and a pepperoni pizza. For desert we had the fabulous tiramisu which was enough to share with 3 people and was so rich! My biggest suggestion is to arrive early for dinner. Even though it was a Wednesday the place was packed by 6:30!Special Features:
- Perfect- drinks/light snacks/dinnerWhyccoftDined on 8/1/2014Posto is a great neighborhood favorite as well as destination for friends from Boston and Cambridge who travel here just to go to Posto. We like the fact that you are welcome to have a light snack and a drink or to have a long iingering dinner with no pressure from the wait staff. One time we tasted three wines before choosing a fourth from the very patient knowledgable server. The calamari was one of the best ever as judged by an Italian friend visiting here from the south of France.Special Features:
- Definition of a Neighborhood GemBeckyFreedTibetDined on 7/31/2014Posto never disappoints with its date-friendly ambiance and exceptional food. The pizza is the best in the Boston area and the pasta is also among the best I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MeghanDined on 7/28/2014I went here for my birthday this week, and this place never fails: legit upscale Italian-American fare, and a drink list that appeals to cocktail/wine/beer lovers alike. Great service too -- the waitress made a great wine suggestion for both the veal saltimbocca and the ribeye. Try the arancinis -- best I've had! Though it was very close quarters and loud (on a Monday night), so fair warning if that's not your scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food!CarenDined on 7/27/2014POSTO consistently delivers high quality food and a great dining experience! The crab tortellini are a perfect size, rich but not overwhelming. My husband and I split an arugula salad with Gorgonzola which was excellent - he is not a huge salad fan but announced that next time he will get his own salad. Think he is also planning on his own tiramisu, too good to share but certainly big enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood jointOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Delicious upscale food! I would recommend it to anyone in or outside the davis square area.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantFriendVIPDined on 7/25/2014Posto has great food, wonderful service, good wine and a fun atmosphere.Special Features: