Posta Tuscan Grille
500 Fayetteville St
Raleigh, NC 27601Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Posta Tuscan Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.postatuscangrille.com/
- Phone: 9192273370
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: Monday - Friday 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday-Sunday 7:00am - 11:00 am; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
Bar Posta: Monday - Saturday 11:00am - 2:00am & Sunday 12:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Joseph Durante III
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant also has a private dining room with expansive windows that can seat a total of 60 or can be divided into two rooms seating 25 guests. Semi-Private dining room seats up to 60 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jacqueline Hyatt 9192273370
- Special Events: Please contact Posta Tuscan Grille to discuss your next special event in one of our gorgeous Private Dining Rooms.
A word from Posta Tuscan Grille
Located inside the downtown Raleigh Marriott City Center, Posta Tuscan Grille offers a comfortable yet elegant atmosphere featuring authentic Tuscan cuisine, an abounding wine list, and knowledgeable service. We proudly invite you to taste the flavorful dishes that have made Italian and Tuscan cooking the most appreciated cuisine in the world. Posta Tuscan Grille brings to our community the same genuine, sincere cuisine of Tuscany. Enjoy the delicate blend of meats, fish, vegetables, and spices that for centuries have pleased the palate of the most demanding Florentines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Posta Tuscan Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelQuiet
good for groups (6)special occasion (5)fit for foodies (4)vibrant bar scene (2)romantic (2)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)neighborhood gem (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great downtown choicejmg22Dined on 10/14/2014Great food in a pleasant atmosphere with attentive service. Great location for night at Raleigh Memorial Auditorium.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sub-par italian; had hoped for moreMeltheKingDined on 9/20/2014Spinach salad was overdressed; pasta dish was overcooked, overspiced, oversauced, and had shrimp AND scallops instead of just shrimp; veal was tough with a side of oversalted swiss chard. wine list uninspired
- SteverinoDined on 9/20/2014We've eaten here a number of times, usually before a peformance at the Performing Arts Center. The food is always excellent, portions on the generous side, service excellent, and convenience to the performances an added plus.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and serviceChobuckdaddyDined on 9/12/2014Our waitress Kat was outstanding and very knowledgable. Her recommendations were excellent. We appreciated the quality service with an excellent meal. The calamari was a delight and the Filetto melted in my mouth. Compliments to the Chef and the staff. Great Job !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hotel Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/1/2014All this is; is a Marriott restaurant. The original Italian owners are long gone.
- Yummy food, caring server.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/29/2014We enjoyed the cream tomato soup and funghi pizza, it was delicious. The sea salt caramel gelato made a great dessert. Thanks to Kat, our server, she was awesome as always!
- Delicious food and friendly staffOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/22/2014Chris, Dale and Francesca went out of their way. We had to leave after dinner at certain time to make it to the show in downtown, and the staff did their best to serve us quickly, extremely friendly and efficiently.Special Features:
- The following 297 reviews are from the Posta Tuscan Grille reviews archive.
- Celebrated girlfriends Birthday'sheritageladies14Dined on 6/24/2014Well, The four of us went to the bar for a drink and we never left the bar..the bartenders and waiter were so attentive and fun that we laughed all night and the birthday ladies were happy as can be. The drinks were all homemade by what we told the bartender we like and he would make something obscure but great tasting. We did order dinner, which we all ordered pasta and everyone said it was tasty. We had a memorable night...Thank-you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fathers Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014There were 18 of us after a family wedding. A private room was set up for us, and it was no bother to add 2 chairs because our reservation was for 16. The menu was varied and reasonable. Everything we ordered was tasty. The special was awesome. The servicer was prompt and friendly. We had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for a large groupOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014I was there with my family for a graduation celebration and I think it was appropriate for the different ages.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Featured Food - Far From GoodCaraleighDined on 5/30/2014I chose a featured entre of the evening -- a petite fillet with roasted fingerling potatoes and asparagus. The waiter asked how I wanted the fillet prepared. I asked for medium doneness. I am not sure what was actually served. It was certainly not the petite fillet that I had expected, but was instead two thin slices of beef, well done, which was dry, tough, and resembled pot roast. It was highly over-salted. The waiter agreed that the beef was far past "medium" in preparation and brought another portion to the table. My experience at Posta was very disappointing. When there are so many truly good places to eat in Raleigh, I will be unlikely to spend time giving Posta another chance.Special Features:
- SteverinoDined on 5/30/2014Very convenient to performing arts venues. Excellent food, nice service, pretty good ambience for a "lobby restaurant." We will definitely return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2014This restaurant is just ok. I had higher hopes for something downtown. Our service was extremely slow, the food was too salty, we didn't receive the bread/oil until we asked for it and the food was delivered at an odd timing. We weren't given the prefixe menu until we asked even though they were promoting it and the hostess was distracted. Not impressive for a high end restaurant in downtown Raleigh at the Marriott.
- Great staffgaryspearDined on 5/3/2014We went and were seated quickly which was nice as we were going to a play afterward. We enjoyed the experience and will return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful settingwineanddinemeDined on 4/24/2014Very romantic beautiful setting. Low lighting, and very open space. Staff is friendly and accurate, food is amazing and the dessert delicious. Definitely will come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuscan GrilleLeethomasDined on 4/12/2014Food always good at this location; but speed of service is spotty (not server's fault). Ambience varies by what happens in bar area. Dress code should be in place for dining room regardless of events taking place elsewhere in building.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner downtownsilverseniorDined on 3/14/2014My wife and I enjoyed our pre-concert dinner of crispy fried calamari and penne with shrimp and scallops in a fennel and pesto cream. The scallops were perfect but the shrimp a bit tough. The sauce was excellent. After reading all of the recent reviews about slow service, we were delighted that our server was very efficient, food was hot, and we did not have to rush. The menu we were offered was not as extensive as what is currently posted on the restaurant web site. There were no small plates and probably about a third as many offerings. Overall it was a very good dining experience and convenient to all of the downtown attractions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had to ask for my drink twice,UnimpressedDined on 2/15/2014Had to ask for my drink twice, bread and appatizers that we ordered never came, unorganized wait staff, food tasted good but was just luke warm. Size of the tables do not lend well to conversations with table mates. Would not eat there again.
- Valentine's weekendtarheelgalDined on 2/15/2014The restaurant was not very prepared for Valentine's meals and the theatre crowd. They seemed to be short handed. We had to wait an hour for our food. The waitress apologized up front for the slow service and for being backed up; which I apprciated, but I feel that they should have had their act together. Our waitress kept forgetting things, and had to be asked/reminded several times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't BotherBigRDined on 2/15/2014This restaurant was completely overbooked. We waited over an hour and never got our food. We left to get to our show as did many other frustrated customers. Maybe the food was good, but we never had any. The server did his best, but the restaurant is poorly managed and until that changes, find somewhere else.
- Terrible experience.dogloverVIPDined on 2/15/2014I had read the very good reviews of this restaurant, but we did not have the same experience. We went to eat prior to the ballet. It took 35 minutes for us to get our calamari. When it came it was cold. After that, our waiter was missing for another 15 minutes. We finally left cash on the table to pay for our single drink and bad calamari and left. We tried to find the hostess on the way out and she was missing as well. We will not return.
- We never had the chance toOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014We never had the chance to eat after 40 min of being seated. The place was crowded and the service although friendly was really slow. The food never arrived and we had to leave. I noticed the same happened to other tables that have been waiting more than we did.
- AVOID AT ALL COSTSOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014I had previously eaten twice at Posta without incident, and thought the food was pretty good. Nothing to write home about, but it was solid Italian. I booked table for 4 at 6:15, trying to make it to the ballet for 8 pm. We were seated far to the back and received our drinks in a timely manner. That was all we ended up receiving. After an hour, we hadn't even received our soup and salad! The waiter was obviously frustrated and let us know that this happens often and apologized profusely. We ended up speaking to the manager, who informed us that their reservations unexpectedly tripled that day and they didn't have the staff to prepare for it. It did not seem like this was unusual at all. AVOID THIS RESTAURANT!
- horrible experienceAlisonDined on 2/15/2014Never again will I dine at Posta. I'm not sure what happened at the restaurant last Saturday, but it was a disaster. So disappointing. We arrived 2 hours before the Ballet was to start (theater was a block away) and we never got our entrees. The waiter told us 3 times he'd fill up our water but it never happened. Other servers brought food to our table that we had not ordered.It was appalling how unprepared this restaurant was. We were not the only theater-goers with this issue. Many patrons were looking around the restaurant, confused, and many left, like us, with empty stomachs to sit in a theater for a few hours.
- Snapper was excellent. ServiceguestDined on 2/14/2014Snapper was excellent. Service was superb. The moon-rise in the large east facing window as we ate was beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average quality, over pricedDataCenterGuyDined on 2/11/2014A group of friends and myself ate here because it was steps away from the Memorial Theater that we were going to immediately after. I thought the price was ok before arrival but I did not know everything was ala carte. We ended up ordering a few things extra to share. The antipasta's were all small, some of the entrees were exceptionally small and the quality was only average. Nothing was great or particularly bad, I just expect more for the money. (We spent 30-40 per person)
- THE PASTA DISH WITH SHRIMPOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/31/2014THE PASTA DISH WITH SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS WAS EXCELLENT.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatRaleighDinerDined on 1/24/2014Not bad, but service was slow, food wasn't hot. Was with a group of 6. Some really happy, a couple very unhappy. Had heard it was great, but it was just a solid good.Special Features:
- Dinner Before ConcertOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2014We arrived at 5:30 pm Sunday (so there were few people) and the service and wine were great! Business picked up and service and ambiance remained excellent. I ordered the special (Lamb Ravioli) and although "good", the ravioli was dry, like it had been sitting out and sprinkled with some chopped onions before serving. Sauce was delicious! The proximity to duke Energy Center was perfect....about 150 yards! So, we would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rick, our server, helps makeLeethomasDined on 1/18/2014Rick, our server, helps make each visit an experience. We've gone there when Rick hasn't been there and the place just wasn't the same. The food is wonderful--surprising for a hotel dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new eraManhattanStrayDined on 1/11/2014There was a time when the only way to find good food was to dine inside a hotel. Over the years this practice faded, however, given the quality of our recent experience at Posta Tuscan Grille, we may need to reconsider the hotel restaurant label. The food was very very good and the service superb. This is a "neighborhood gem" since it's so close to Meymandi Hall that symphony goers must make this THE stop prior to curtain time. A well-executed menu, top service and warm ambience makes this place a winner. Thanks for welcoming us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Symphony menu?Glad2bHereVIPDined on 1/11/2014We reserved through Open Table and indicated that we were attending the Symphony performance. While our meal was detain lay very good, we were not offered a fixed price menu which was advertised in the Symphony program.Special Features:
- New Years Eve DinnerFifiLarueDined on 12/31/2013We enjoyed our dining experience immensely. The four course meal was excellent. We had symphony tickets so the wait staff kept our courses running smoothly. Starter and salad courses were excellent and our barbequed shrimp and grits (to die for sauce and plump perfectly cooked shrimp) and osso buco (tender and flavorful with roasted asparagus and white bean ragout) were fabulous. More wines by the glass would be helpful in selections per course. Desserts were great and the staff, knowing we were pushed for time, recommended we return and have dessert after the symphony. A great idea!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuscan is A+BradDined on 12/28/2013My wife and I went to the Nutcracker in Raleigh at the Energy Center and we decided to grab some food after the show. The marriott (which has the Posta Tuscan in the lobby) was right across the street so we stopped in. We are now planning to go back and stay there and enjoy more of the great food in the restaurant as the service and atmosphere were very appealing to us. The eggplant parmesan and the filet were spot on and the prices were very reasonable as well. Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hotel restaurantJohnL4Dined on 12/26/2013Filet was good enough. Sea bass and polenta cake came swimming in some sort of soupy sauce, also not bad. Bread was a bit oily. If I had known it was a hotel (Marriott) restaurant, I'd have picked a different spot.
- I was concerned after readingFood4ThreeDined on 12/23/2013I was concerned after reading some bad reviews. However, I was pleasantly surprised when my family's experience was wonderful! The staff were always quick to check on us as well as give ideas of what was their favorites. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty lousy experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/21/2013Wife's food was served lukewarm and gave her indegestion that night. Mine was fair, pasta sauce was seperatimg and gooey. Waiter never came back to check how our food was so we had little chance to return food. Pretty lousy experience overall. Restaurant was not very busy so no excuse. Will not return.
- DisappointeddisappointedDined on 12/18/2013I had heard such good things about Posta - and none of them were accurate. I was very disappointed! I had to ask for the wine list three times before our waiter remembered. He was very quick with the bill, however! The salad was limp; the salmon overcooked and dry. And to top it all off, the valet service at the Marriott apparently left the lights on my car on severely running down my battery! Needless to say, I will not be returning.
- DeliciousSweenDined on 12/16/2013Delightful experience. Wonderful food, great service, and comfortable & lovely atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could've Been a 4BalfredDined on 12/8/2013I wanted to give this restaurant at least 4 stars but unfortunately on the night that I dined there they only earned 3. Perhaps they were short-staffed for a concert night - most of the diners were heading over to the extremely disappointing YoYo Ma concert (I'll save that 1 star review for another venue). As for this restaurant - the food was pretty good-but portions were too large and tables too small - you know the old saying "too much of a good thing." We were constantly juggling the wine glasses, bread plates, and flameless candle to make room for each course. There seemed to be a silverware issue - we had to ask for knives for the main course, spoons for coffee and forks for dessert (mine arrived 10 minutes after my coffee)...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.