Positano Coast by Aldo Lamberti
212 Walnut Street, 2nd Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Positano Coast by Aldo Lamberti
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.positanocoast.net/
- Phone: 2152380499x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Sunday: 12:30pm-3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Regulo Reyes
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We can accommodate up to 150 guests to celebrate all special occasions, including bachelor & bachelorette parties, rehearsal dinners, baby & bridal showers, intimate weddings, communions, christenings and birthdays. We also offer private space that is perfect for corporate meetings and pharmaceutical dinners. Positano Coast provides both sit down options in our private dining rooms, as well as cocktail party buffet selections in our fabulous Sopra Lounge. For any event, consider our beautiful and unique venue, where our staff will work with you to create the perfect menu and setting.
- Entertainment: Join us on Saturday nights for the sounds of our DJ starting at 10:00 PM. Please contact the restaurant for details.
- Special Events: BYOB (wine only) Sundays & Mondays in the dining room only. BYOB is not available for large parties or banquets.
Happy Hour Monday-Friday 5:00-7:00pm & Sunday 1-5pm at the bar only.
For Happy Hour, we feature $4 Beers, $6 Signature Cocktails such as the Positano Lemon Drop, Red Sangria & Bartender's Choice & $5 Wines by the Glass.
Late Night Menu on Saturdays from 11pm-1am at the Bar & in Sopra Lounge
A word from Positano Coast by Aldo Lamberti
Why settle for an ordinary atmosphere when you can have an extraordinary one? Enjoy the beauty of the Amalfi Coast in Italy right in Old City. From the cobalt blue floor, to the spectacular life-sized postcards to the inspired menu, when you step into Positano Coast, you will need to catch your breath. We welcome guests to savor a menu full of delicious selections, including the freshest fish & seafood, the must have "Crudo" (the Italian version of sashimi) & creative variations of classic Italian pasta & meat dishes. Dishes include: a Zucchini Crabcake; Seafood Risotto with Baby Shrimp, Clams, Mussels & Calamari; Roasted Rack of Lamb; Herb Crusted Mahi and a Housemade Artichoke Tortelloni with Caper & Lemon Butter Sauce and Pecorino Toscano; and for lunch, a Sausage Panini with Broccoli Rabe & Sharp Provolone, as well as a Chicken Focaccia Wrap with Chipotle Aioli. Savor the flavors of the Crudo of the Day - like Scallops with Sea Urchin & Yellowfin Tuna Tartare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Positano Coast by Aldo Lamberti reviews from OpenTable diners
170 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (95)neighborhood gem (80)fit for foodies (75)good for groups (69)special occasion (67)romantic (64)vibrant bar scene (61)scenic view (50)hot spot (43)notable wine list (34)great for lunch (33)late-night find (27)great for brunch (17)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- positano neverOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014We were, admittedly there on a Saturday night during restaurant week but the noise level was absolutely appalling. The food was very good as was the service but the atmosphere was so oppressive we couldn't wait to leave. Initially our thought was that the large party of over 20 people including at least 2 screeching women was the cause, but things didn't improve when they left. I would not go back and I would tell anyone considering going not to bother.
- worth the rideAnniversaryDined on 9/12/2014We traveled from NJ and the food was worth it! Everything was great and we will be back!Special Features:
- Keep everything the same.marsgirlsDined on 9/11/2014Great service and wonderful ambiance. I would go back anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodparkingmanDined on 9/10/2014Have been here many times and always have enjoyed - but, due to hard surfaces and adjacent bar/lounge, very noisy on warm summer days when doors are open between areas and sound bounces all over...Next time I'll ask for a quiet corner. I'll be back: Great selection of Mediterranean menu items. Our waiter, Phillip was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh. Not worth my excitement..JuventinoDined on 9/10/2014Food was average. Tried it for restaurant week. Ciappino was tasteless. Not going back
- Lousy serviceLivLatVIPDined on 9/9/2014We have to ask for bread and drink refills because our server was rushing to get out of his job. Did not explain what's in the antipasto whatsoever. Managers don't touch tables. Disappointed with service but love the place and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2/4 ain't badweezerone9Dined on 9/9/2014Hello there! First course was great, loved the variety of the antipasto, 2nd course was also good, the 3rd/main course...my herb crusted fish was just to acidic and didn't rub me the right way. My date's veggie ravioli was good though. Dessert was ok, they gave us the sampler, chocolate cake, tiramasu, and 2 creme brulees. Why two creme brulees? Do you really only have 3 varieties of dessert? Our waittress was okay. She didn't seem to be able to explain the dishes well and did not ask us if we wanted anything to drink with dessert, like coffee. I always get espresso, but I didn't this time because she didn't ask. Sorry.Special Features:
- Very ImpressedFoodiegirlDined on 9/8/2014Great food. Great service. Great venue. We went during restaurant week, and will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Never disappoints, a Phila. gemEpicureVIPDined on 9/7/2014This is our "Cheers" (of TV fame), there almost weekly, always the freshest, tastiest Italian-Mediteranean cuisine, with some of the best fresh fish I have had than anywhere else in the city. Terrific bar scene with Andres and Ulysses concocting the most amazing libations. I've not been to the Amalfi Coast or the town of Positano but a visit to this restaurant surely makes you feel like you've been there - blue tiles, white walls with large format photos with scenes of Amalfi Coast towns perched on hillsides overlooking the deep blue sea. In good weather the doors slide open to a most pleasant outdoor dining experience. The staff makes us feel like family. Believe me, I wouldn't be there if it wasn't that great.Special Features:
- 2014 Restaurant WeekJerryDined on 9/7/2014Food was good, service was a bit slow, when our apps came out, the waiter explaine dthat someone else took my wifes app, we were a party of 6 so 5 of us ate our apps, while my wife waited. her app came out when we were all done eatingSpecial Features:
- BlingDined on 9/7/2014Food very good. Went for early dinner before theater. Very noisy due to large children's birthday party. Would returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/1/2014The food is not Italian but rather bland American with a bit of added olive oil. Comparing it to the food of Positano is preposterous.
- Positano a perfect place to relaxBoDiVIPDined on 9/1/2014The white walls and blue accents are so clean and inviting, particularly on a hot summer's day. The food was excellent, some inventive and unusual (but not overreaching into odd) and some standard fare perfectly prepared and presented; service was attentive but not hovering. Just a lovely summer evening.Special Features:
- Excellent Grilled Octopus!SassySaphyDined on 8/31/2014I absolutely find their food delightful! I love thst on Sundays and Monday it's a BYOB, so who wouldn't love that?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually wonderful. This time not soLoveParkLadyVIPDined on 8/28/2014We go there fairly often & love the food and service. This last time, however, our experience was ruined by a large group of men who were seated next to us 5 minutes after we were seated. They were yelling and screaming with laughter, annoying everyone in the room. Management did nothing to quiet them down. We were moved to another table, as were others, but the noise was still bad enough not to be able to hold a quiet conversation. It was pretty miserable and we declined dessert, just to get out of there. The food was great, as always, and so was the service , so no complaints there. After complaining to management, we were offered a gift certificate, which they are going to mail to us. Let's hope it pays for our last meal there.Special Features:
- Another Fabulous MealTrustmeDined on 8/26/2014Positano Coast never, ever disappoints me. Each time I go there, the food, the service, the wine list, all exceed my expectations. The artichoke tortellini was out of this world. We were celebrating my daughter's birthday and were able to just relax and have fun. Nobody rushed us. It was great. I recommend this place to everyone I know.Special Features:
- Delicious!MarisaDined on 8/23/2014The food was terrific! The staff was also friendly and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Touch of Almafi right in Philly!eradDined on 8/21/2014Positano Coast is a lovely place - a gem in the Society Hill section of Philly. It is a great place for almost anything! Take your mother to dinner, take your girlfriend for drinks and snacks; meet up with friends for a great bar experience. The upscale dining and bar facility are also friendly and lively. If you want a quiet spot, there is also a place to be had for romantic conversation! Staff is friendly and helpful. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Beautiful AND deliciousmimimaeDined on 8/20/2014Great place to sit outside on a summer evening or even a cool evening as they have heaters to make it very pleasant. The atmosphere is wonderful and the food is excellent as well. Great ambiance whether indoors, at the bar or outside. Convenient location - catch a movie across the street and then walk right over and have something delicious to eat and drink!Special Features:
- A good experienceSandyDined on 8/19/2014My wife and I had not been to Positano Coast for a while, but our group of five had an enjoyable time. The meal was excellent and the service was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close to hotelSnowellenVIPDined on 8/17/2014Positano was convenient to walk to from our hotel. It was pretty loud in the main dining area so we moved to another section. Instead of people noise this time, we had constant music and bass sounds from a fundraiser in one of their rooms. The website doesn't advertise that you can bring in your own bottle of wine on Sunday and Monday. Had I known that, I would have done so.Special Features:
- Great food!SuzyDined on 8/17/2014We will return again and again when we are in Philadelphia. Homemade mozzarella and pasta as well as other wonderful appetizers and entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014This restaurant is a great find. The food was excellent. The atmosphere was bright and pretty. Overall, a great experience, definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Gooddrc82Dined on 8/13/2014Had such a good meal, that we booked it for an upcoming Wedding Rehearsal Dinner. Lovely space for such an event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Outdoor Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014I realy like the patio for warm summer nights. But I thought it was slightly annoying that they did not offer happy hour oSo paint and help him tomorrow, and then you two come over Sunday around 11, and we'll have brunch, maybe do some packing, and then head down to the boat for a mid-afternoon ride and early dinner?utdoors on such a beautiful night. And they only had one server working the patio so it took quite a while to get drinks and our food order. That being said, the food was yummy and there are lots of healthy options. Overall, a yummy experience!Special Features:
- Girls' night dinnersheipatVIPDined on 8/11/2014Picked it based on location and the reviews on OpenTable, and we were not disappointed. Everyone's food was delicious (I recommend the grilled octopus appetizer!), and when we complained that the Blue Point oysters were much smaller than expected, the manager came over and took them off our bill. My only criticism would be that our waiter was a "low talker" and therefore difficult to hear, particularly since we were sitting outside and there was some traffic noise. Other than that, it was a terrific meal and we will certainly return.Special Features:
- zeeeVIPDined on 8/11/2014They forgot to order my platter - at least they didn't charge me once it came after everyone else had finished.Special Features:
- AMAZINGLandPDined on 8/10/2014My husband and I loved this restaurant and the AMAZING menu!!! FOOD WAS GREAT!!! We are going back in two weeks!!!!! Cannot say enough about this YUMMY food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2014The food was delicious. Unfortunately, the hostess was unwelcoming; and the waiter appeared a little annoyed. I was surprised because during previous visits the staff was inviting and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GregDined on 8/10/2014Positano Coast had a modern yet retro look to it. The staff were very helpful and attentive throughout the dining experience. The menu had some excellent choices for foodies and seafood lovers alike. The grilled octopus appetizer was light and fresh, definitely worth getting.Special Features:
- Great night out!SNJgalDined on 8/9/2014Met out of town friends here. Food and service were wonderful. Special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old City ... Refreshing!jjshjtt871Dined on 8/4/2014We gathered with friends from California and found the food and beverage selections to be simply put, "delightful!" The noise level was a little more than we expected but truly it was in keeping with the general enthusiasm of the clientele. A broad selection of wines and spirits paired more than adequately with the variety of excellent food choices that were well-prepared and presented in appetizing and appealing ways. You must not miss this gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday dinner in Old CityCammyDined on 8/1/2014We went for a dinner on a Friday night. The food was very good and the outside seating was nice but very noisy. The bar is just adjacent to the outdoor seating, and the bar noise certainly impacted our conversations. I would recommend seating on the outer edge or indoor seating to enjoy conversation as well as the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehTurk215Dined on 8/1/2014From first approach I was skeptical. The valet was sitting down, not standing. When I asked him where to enter the restaurant, he glanced over his shoulder in order to answer me, he did not face me. Hostess was cordial, and the waiter was very good and attentive during the meal. The food was so-so. The Caesar salad was about what you would expect. Nothing special, not overly dressed. I had the sesame crusted tuna. Avg. at best. Incredibly small portion or tuna for the price. Six small cuts with way too many sesame seeds. Cooked perfectly, but for the price, was very underwhelmed. My better half enjoyed her seafood risotto, but it lacked seafood, and forced the risotto. As far as a "view" goes, this place failed.
- Lovely AmbianceFoodfan4VIPDined on 7/28/2014The food was great and the ambiance was just lovely. It was wonderful for a romantic dinner . We had a particularly bad server who was arrogant and not caring of his customers. However, once we spoke to the manager, Enrico, our service was outstanding. Enrico personally made sure the dinner was perfect and treated us to wine and an after dinner drink. He certainly understands that great service And great food make a restaurant successful. We will be back and hopefully our original server will have a better attitude going forward.Special Features:
- Old City Northern Italian oasisWandererVIPDined on 7/28/2014Up a flight from street level the open and airy venue was perfect for a summer dinner. Our party of eight ordered a variety of apps, sides and entres and no member of our party seemed displeased with their selections. Service was solid throughout the evening. Wine list was a bit more limited than some other fine italian restaurants but still is more than adequately assembled to meet a broad range of desires.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay, but not worth a second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014I decided to go to Postiano Coast for a last minute bday dinner with my cousin. The pictures looked nice and I wanted to try something new. We got mussels for our appetizer which were pretty good. But for our entrees we for Seadood Risotto and The Rack of Lamb. The risotto had an over powering flavor and it left a nasty after taste. The lamb was poorly under seasoned and it included some type of mint garnish which made it taste even worse. It was tender however and cooked how I liked. Overall nice place, a little noisier than I would like, ok service. But a first time experience was enough for me.Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphereNickDined on 7/25/2014Food was fantastic and atmosphere was very cool. My wife and I went for Old City food week but decided to order off the regular dinner menu. Everything we had was wonderful.Special Features:
- Long waitOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/25/2014I made a reservation for 7:30 and was not seated until 8:30. Food took a very long after the long wait. Food was just average.
- Bday diningeatinoutDined on 7/25/2014I came to spend a pleasant eve with my fiancé for her birthday and had a very nice time. We have done our work Xmas party here the past few years and I have been coming here for quite a while and have not been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.