Positano Coast by Aldo Lamberti
212 Walnut Street, 2nd Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Positano Coast by Aldo Lamberti
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.positanocoast.net/
- Phone: (215) 238-0499
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Sunday: 12:30pm-3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Regulo Reyes
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We can accommodate up to 150 guests to celebrate all special occasions, including bachelor & bachelorette parties, rehearsal dinners, baby & bridal showers, intimate weddings, communions, christenings and birthdays. We also offer private space that is perfect for corporate meetings and pharmaceutical dinners. Positano Coast provides both sit down options in our private dining rooms, as well as cocktail party buffet selections in our fabulous Sopra Lounge. For any event, consider our beautiful and unique venue, where our staff will work with you to create the perfect menu and setting.
- Entertainment: Join us on Saturday nights for the sounds of our DJ starting at 10:00 PM. Please contact the restaurant for details.
- Special Events: BYOB (wine only) Sundays & Mondays in the dining room only. BYOB is not available for large parties or banquets.
Happy Hour Monday-Friday 5:00-7:00pm & Sunday 1-5pm at the bar only.
For Happy Hour, we feature $4 Beers, $6 Signature Cocktails such as the Positano Lemon Drop, Red Sangria & Bartender's Choice & $5 Wines by the Glass.
Late Night Menu on Saturdays from 11pm-1am at the Bar & in Sopra Lounge
A word from Positano Coast by Aldo Lamberti
Why settle for an ordinary atmosphere when you can have an extraordinary one? Enjoy the beauty of the Amalfi Coast in Italy right in Old City. From the cobalt blue floor, to the spectacular life-sized postcards to the inspired menu, when you step into Positano Coast, you will need to catch your breath. We welcome guests to savor a menu full of delicious selections, including the freshest fish & seafood, the must have "Crudo" (the Italian version of sashimi) & creative variations of classic Italian pasta & meat dishes. Dishes include: a Zucchini Crabcake; Seafood Risotto with Baby Shrimp, Clams, Mussels & Calamari; Roasted Rack of Lamb; Herb Crusted Mahi and a Housemade Artichoke Tortelloni with Caper & Lemon Butter Sauce and Pecorino Toscano; and for lunch, a Sausage Panini with Broccoli Rabe & Sharp Provolone, as well as a Chicken Focaccia Wrap with Chipotle Aioli. Savor the flavors of the Crudo of the Day - like Scallops with Sea Urchin & Yellowfin Tuna Tartare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Positano Coast by Aldo Lamberti reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (64)neighborhood gem (63)great for outdoor dining (63)good for groups (61)special occasion (55)vibrant bar scene (49)romantic (44)hot spot (37)scenic view (32)notable wine list (28)great for lunch (23)late-night find (19)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Had a great time catchingPammytimeDined on 5/30/2008Had a great time catching up with my friends at Positano Coast. We will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- The chilled lobster appetizerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/29/2008The chilled lobster appetizer left a lot to be desired especially considering the price. However, the calamari is highly recommended. Overall the meal was very enjoyable and the cocktails were outstanding! I will definitely frequent again.Special Features:
- Consistently excellent food.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/28/2008Consistently excellent food. Absolutely beautiful, classy restaurant!Special Features:
- Small plates are great butShore2Dined on 5/25/2008Small plates are great but the table was too small (party of 2) to accomodate all the dishes.
- Of the many restaurants thatAndyinOldCityDined on 5/24/2008Of the many restaurants that have existent in this space over the past 20 years, Positano Coast definitely has the finest food. But, like every other establishment there, the noise level is very high, making conversation difficult, unless you're kind of drunk and shouting. We're middle-aged now and if the restaurant is going for a younger crowd that thrives on that kind of ambiance, that's their right, of course. But I guess we need to try another of Aldo Lamberti's places, or wait for another restaurant where this one is.... Cheers.Special Features:
- I had been to Positano CoastOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/24/2008I had been to Positano Coast once before and decided to go back for my (1) year anniversary. The service was impeccable from the hostess to our great server. Our meal was served perfectly and wonderfully plated. Kudos to Positano Coast!Special Features:
- Our server, Adrien (spelling?)J2013Dined on 5/23/2008Our server, Adrien (spelling?) was great. Food was terrific as usual. Can't quite grasp the thought process in selecting the background music - while good for the bar, it can be a bit much in the dining room. We will be back!!Special Features:
- It was very loud in the restaurant;OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/22/2008It was very loud in the restaurant; not very suitable for a company dinner. Also, the waitstaff wore what looked like sweatpants and plain white tee shirts - way too informal and it looked sloppy.
- Great place. Small platesEMC2Dined on 5/21/2008Great place. Small plates of exceptional food. Very diverse menu.Special Features:
- Food was good, except forOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/17/2008Food was good, except for pasta dishes, which were not cooked al dente, despite this request. Ambiance was good.Special Features:
- The wait staff took severalOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/16/2008The wait staff took several other parties in before ours, even though we had a reservation and all party members were there. The waitress then took forever to get over to our table, the bar took forever to make our drinks and the noise level in the place made sitting with a group of 4 unbearable. Even at our small table, we could not hear one another, nor could we hear the waitress talking... One person ordered a drink as our entrees came out, and it was not ready until we were requesting the check. Unreal wait... 30 minutes when we had a reservation, unreal noise level and extremely slow service.Special Features:
- The food was excellent. TheRedhead314Dined on 5/10/2008The food was excellent. The restaurant is beautiful but they need to do something about the acoustics. It was so loud that i couldn't hear the people at my table. Also we all thought that the server uniforms were awful -- they looked like sweatpants (too casual for the type of restaurant) and were not flattering to any of the servers. I usually don't pay attention to uniforms, but these were horrible. Even the thin people looked fat. I felt bad for the staff. I mentioned to my boss that i went to the Positino Coast and even he brought up that the uniforms and the acoustics were bad.
- I've been there about 5 timesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/9/2008I've been there about 5 times now. Sometimes good - sometimes bad. I know what to order now. Certain items on their menu are obviously pre-made and taste like it, such as the rolled up chicken and the crispy chicken parm. Stay away from those and the food is great. We had a great time this time. Service was very nice. Dessrts were great. They tried rushing us a bit, but it was fine.Special Features:
- It is always a pleasure toOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/3/2008It is always a pleasure to dine here. The only negative is the lack of easy wheelchair access ... it is on the second floor and while there IS a ramp, it is VERY long and difficult to negotiate. An elevator from the street level would be a BIG improvement.Special Features:
- What a memorable afternoon.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/3/2008What a memorable afternoon. This was a place we always wanted to try but never did. Now that we have, we will definetly be back. We just came back from our 3rd trip to Italy last month and dining here was as if we never left. Food, atmosphere and especially the service were top notchSpecial Features:
- We arrived early and wereCherylDined on 5/2/2008We arrived early and were still welcomed. In my Open table reservation I asked for very specific seating in outdoor the sofa lounge area. They said they could not guarantee it for me, but when we arrived they went out of their way to work it out. The occasion was a very special Birthday-Girlfriend Weekend and Positano Coast was extremely helpful in making the event specialSpecial Features:
- Really good food & friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/2/2008Really good food & friendly service. Smaller portions to share make it fun. Although it may go against restaurant etiquette, I would very much appreciate this restaurant (& others) "going green" but NOT giving me so many new, clean plates over the course of a meal. A note on the table stating why they're doing that would be appreciated by most diners. Thank you.Special Features:
- I liked the Tapas style wayNonniedDined on 5/1/2008I liked the Tapas style way of serving Italian food. It did encourage trying items on the menu which were new for me. The new dishes and cutlery for each course was pleasant. I would classify the preparation as good, home style. I was expecting a bit more trendy.Special Features:
- The atmosphere was electrifying.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/1/2008The atmosphere was electrifying. I LOVED the lounge area. It was refreshing. It was quaint and romantic. The ambiance was contageous. I LOVED it.Special Features:
- Poor service , dissapointingJamesWVIPDined on 4/25/2008Poor service , dissapointing food. Tapas concept doesnt seem to work with this type of menu.Special Features:
- The food was disappointing.JustmeDined on 4/25/2008The food was disappointing. The special pasta dish for the evening even with tons of parmesan had no flavor. The wine although good was not worth $14 a glass for a California Chardonnay (sticker shock when bill received) I wouldn't recommend and I wouldn't go back.
- I loved it here! I'm sorryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/24/2008I loved it here! I'm sorry I never went sooner... and will defintely be back!!!Special Features:
- Damien the waiter disappearedJ2013Dined on 4/24/2008Damien the waiter disappeared for a great deal of time - took 30 minutes to get the cheese tray appetizer and 15 minutes to get the check. The music in the background (some kind of rap) does not fit the atmosphere - what is it with that? Other visits have been much better. Hope that they are not allowing sloppy service now that the buzz is about the food.Special Features:
- Thoroughly enjoyed the experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/19/2008Thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Great food. Friendly. Wonderful ambiance. A little too noisy for 60 year old ears. Are some areas quieter than others? Very cool ladies room. And pretty cool to have Georges Perrier sitting at the next table.Special Features:
- 3 of us had veal and all 3KathyRVIPDined on 4/17/20083 of us had veal and all 3 were very tough. Service was horrible. My friends finished their appetizers before I was able to flag someone down for pepper for my salad.
- We all loved our food; weOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2008We all loved our food; we did need to ask for another table; the noise level at our first table was deafening. However, the hostess was very gracious about moving us, the noise level was more acceptable at that table, and even though we had a change of servers, they were both so efficient; our first server, Mallory, even asked us if everything was ok even though she was no longer our server. We've been there before for lunch and this was even better. We'll be back soon..........Denise BowerSpecial Features:
- Wonderful food, good portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/12/2008Wonderful food, good portions and great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Be prepared to spend beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2008Be prepared to spend before drinks at least $75-$100 per couple. The flavors were outstanding, the portion size on the smaller size as it is a "small plate" resturant. The Lobster with tuffles was excellent at $17 but maybe 7-9 bites? Service was outstanding. Ask for a window, while some of the blown up art work on the walls are very nice, facing one for the entire meal can be a bit much.
- FANTASTIC. A++++. EverythingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/12/2008FANTASTIC. A++++. Everything from food to wait staff perfect!
- Food was very good. Very uniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/11/2008Food was very good. Very unique menu, not the ordinary Italian entrees. Portions were small but they make no claims otherwise and the wait staff will tell you that. Service was good until the crowd picked up and then service was poor.Special Features:
- Great place to catch a biteRobertDined on 4/6/2008Great place to catch a bite before or after a show at the Ritz. Lovely bar area, vibrant colors. Wonderful glass windows, that unfortunately look out upon lots of bricks and mortar. They offer meals as small plates, some larger than others. My chicken rollatini was so-so, and arrived lukewarm as did my artichoke-lemon soup which was, however tasty. Loved the rapini with olive oil, garlic and ricotta. In fairness to the restaurant staff, there was a large party (100+) that was going on during our visit that may have affected operations. Despite all, I'll be back!Special Features:
- We really enjoyed the eveningMikeDined on 4/5/2008We really enjoyed the evening ( 5 of us) Hostess was terrific... Started with drinks (great bartending) which we took to the outside deck dining with heater lamps at sunset Dinner was excellent-try the great wild Boar, veal, or the salmon in Limonicello Desserts were amazing also Service was top-notch-ask for Damian The bar afterwards is great for martini's-cosmos-or the wine setup and lots of great people watching/ thanks so much Mike ApSpecial Features:
- My group thoroughly enjoyedStella52VIPDined on 4/3/2008My group thoroughly enjoyed themselves. The appetizer selection was great! And Daisy was an excellent server!Special Features:
- It was definitely an olderGracegirlVIPDined on 3/29/2008It was definitely an older crowd than we had expected. Overall, the menu selections were delicious. However, the service was poor. Our waitress would speak to us for a moment, then disappear for ten minutes. It seemed to take forever just to get her to take our drink order. I think it was a half hour before we even got waters. Also, we heard the waitress at the table next to us telling her table about the evening's specials. When we finally got our waitress back back to give her our orders, we asked to hear the specials. She said that they didn't really have any except the seafood appetizers on the menu she had already given us. Then she said, "Oh, there's a beef tenderloin too." We heard the waitress next door mention a few specials.Special Features:
- love the small plates so youOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/29/2008love the small plates so you can try more dishes-every dish the group got (7 in total) were wonderful.would def. go back and would def. recommendSpecial Features:
- We love Positano. It alwaysCitydinerDined on 3/23/2008We love Positano. It always delivers! We go often.Special Features:
- We go to this restaruant aOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/19/2008We go to this restaruant a lot. Close to our office and always recievie great service with no wait when we have a reservation. Food is always good and hot, which is hard to come by these days when there are a group of people.Special Features:
- We were there early on a SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/16/2008We were there early on a Sunday afternoon for some lunch before a show. We ended up ordering multiple appetizers, shared entrees and some drinks and enjoyed every single thing. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Love to look at pictures andLbellDined on 3/15/2008Love to look at pictures and remember my trip to Positano! Also, food is always great and good value with the 1 1/2 glass of wine. Just learned of byob on Sundays, may rethink private parties...Special Features:
- My family from ConnecticutOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/23/2008My family from Connecticut loved it as much as I did! We had great food and great service.Special Features: