Positano Coast by Aldo Lamberti
212 Walnut Street, 2nd Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Positano Coast by Aldo Lamberti
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.positanocoast.net/
- Phone: (215) 238-0499
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Sunday: 12:30pm-3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Regulo Reyes
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We can accommodate up to 150 guests to celebrate all special occasions, including bachelor & bachelorette parties, rehearsal dinners, baby & bridal showers, intimate weddings, communions, christenings and birthdays. We also offer private space that is perfect for corporate meetings and pharmaceutical dinners. Positano Coast provides both sit down options in our private dining rooms, as well as cocktail party buffet selections in our fabulous Sopra Lounge. For any event, consider our beautiful and unique venue, where our staff will work with you to create the perfect menu and setting.
- Entertainment: Join us on Saturday nights for the sounds of our DJ starting at 10:00 PM. Please contact the restaurant for details.
- Special Events: BYOB (wine only) Sundays & Mondays in the dining room only. BYOB is not available for large parties or banquets.
Happy Hour Monday-Friday 5:00-7:00pm & Sunday 1-5pm at the bar only.
For Happy Hour, we feature $4 Beers, $6 Signature Cocktails such as the Positano Lemon Drop, Red Sangria & Bartender's Choice & $5 Wines by the Glass.
Late Night Menu on Saturdays from 11pm-1am at the Bar & in Sopra Lounge
A word from Positano Coast by Aldo Lamberti
Why settle for an ordinary atmosphere when you can have an extraordinary one? Enjoy the beauty of the Amalfi Coast in Italy right in Old City. From the cobalt blue floor, to the spectacular life-sized postcards to the inspired menu, when you step into Positano Coast, you will need to catch your breath. We welcome guests to savor a menu full of delicious selections, including the freshest fish & seafood, the must have "Crudo" (the Italian version of sashimi) & creative variations of classic Italian pasta & meat dishes. Dishes include: a Zucchini Crabcake; Seafood Risotto with Baby Shrimp, Clams, Mussels & Calamari; Roasted Rack of Lamb; Herb Crusted Mahi and a Housemade Artichoke Tortelloni with Caper & Lemon Butter Sauce and Pecorino Toscano; and for lunch, a Sausage Panini with Broccoli Rabe & Sharp Provolone, as well as a Chicken Focaccia Wrap with Chipotle Aioli. Savor the flavors of the Crudo of the Day - like Scallops with Sea Urchin & Yellowfin Tuna Tartare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Positano Coast by Aldo Lamberti reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (66)fit for foodies (65)good for groups (63)neighborhood gem (62)special occasion (56)romantic (47)vibrant bar scene (46)hot spot (35)scenic view (33)notable wine list (28)great for lunch (24)late-night find (18)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Designer dishes, beautiful settingJB22VIPDined on 11/11/2014Been a while, popped back to meet a friend for dinner in the city and we chose Positano Coast. Before we sat down we enjoyed top notch old school cocktails at the bar ... An "Old Fashioned" and a Manhattan - prepared the way old school drinks are supposed to be prepared - spot on presentation. Dinner included the buratta heirloom tomato salad, simply seasoned with a dash of olive oil, sea salt and cracked black pepper. Branzine filet atop a pile of trumpet mushroom slaw and the braised short rib with roasted garlic bulb were delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Positano ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2014This was our first visit to this restaurant. The food and service was exceptional. The noise level was a little high but considering the number of large parties it was certainly acceptable. The cost for food was generous and we would definitely return when we are in the area.Special Features:
- Dinner was awesome!FGIIIDined on 11/8/2014The zucchini crab cake was my favorite dinner on the menu. I could eat it right now for breakfast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above expectations !OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/27/2014Food , service, staff and atmosphere surpassed all expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ToniToniDined on 10/20/2014Food and service were both excellent! Our server was very accommodating and very pleasant! Food was fresh and delicious. Great place for fresh homemade food from the appetizers to the desserts. A pleasure to eat at your restauant !Special Features:
- Nice lunch spotDineRightDined on 10/18/2014This is the second time we visited Positano. The atmosphere and location are really a pleasant environment. Service is very well done, pleasant and friendly and not overdone. Very clean surrounding and the food was tasty and well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good restaurantdrben4kidsDined on 9/27/2014We have eaten here a few times and have had excellent meals each time. Moat recently we were a foursome and each person enjoyed his or her meal. Our only complaint was the noise level. The restaurant doubles as a bar/nightclub (at least on the weekends) for which music is played. Even though the bar is is a different section of the restaurant than the indoor seating, it was so loud that it was difficult to hear someone across the table. We wil definitely go back, but this is not a good place for a quiet, intimate meal.Special Features:
- BmorefoodieVIPDined on 9/27/2014The service was great. The grilled octopus was the best dish all night. We sat on the patio which was lovely. The bar has a very trendy vibe with loud house music playing. I only wish the music on the patio wasn't quite so loud. The crowd was an interesting mix of young people dressed as if they were going out clubbing later and older middle aged folks.Special Features:
- BonnieDined on 9/25/2014We used to go for the small, tasty foods there. The plates were not small any more(rather large for lunch) and taste was a little disappointing.
- Delicious Birthday DinnerSkiMamma1Dined on 9/22/2014Had a lovely dinner at Positano Coast in celebration of a BIG birthday. Our server was engaging and a pleasure to work with, and the food was delicious. We especially enjoyed the whole grilled Orata fish that we enjoyed as our entrée. It is such a pleasure to find a restaurant that serves that Mediterranean fish served exactly as it should be. Sadly, the portion size of the crudo option was miniscule. We could hardly taste the fish. However, we loved the grilled octopus. That portion size was perfect, and it was delicious. We lived in Italy for many years, and we love the simplicity of REAL Italian cuisine. When we find it here in Philadelphia, we are happy. Positano Coast remains one of our favorites in the city. Grazie Mille!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good StuffAfoodEVIPDined on 9/20/2014this is my 10th time here and this place has never disappointed meSpecial Features:
- Wasn't ImpressedYoloboDined on 9/20/2014I had reservations and still had to wait 20 minutes to be seated. Food was SCORTCHING hot that I had to let it sit before I could even attempt to eat it. Once it cooled down a bit, the food did not impress me. It wasn't bad, just wasn't something that made me want to go back to this restaurant. Service was good, waiter was very attentive.
- GoodSimplyYummyDined on 9/19/2014The service was great. The Positano employees work hard to please their diners at this restaurant; not just the waiters and the waitresses but the bus boys and the cleaners (?) and helpers (?), they are spectacular. You can tell they work very hard. The food was pretty good too. Atmosphere and feel of the restaurant was perfect. I felt like I was in Europe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!porkchopVIPDined on 9/17/2014Our waitress was really fast with all refills and checking after each course was served. Our appetizers and desserts were wonderful, but the pork chop was dry and we wish we could have sat in the open air.Special Features:
- positano neverScotchandsodaDined on 9/13/2014We were, admittedly there on a Saturday night during restaurant week but the noise level was absolutely appalling. The food was very good as was the service but the atmosphere was so oppressive we couldn't wait to leave. Initially our thought was that the large party of over 20 people including at least 2 screeching women was the cause, but things didn't improve when they left. I would not go back and I would tell anyone considering going not to bother.
- worth the rideAnniversaryDined on 9/12/2014We traveled from NJ and the food was worth it! Everything was great and we will be back!Special Features:
- Keep everything the same.marsgirlsDined on 9/11/2014Great service and wonderful ambiance. I would go back anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodparkingmanDined on 9/10/2014Have been here many times and always have enjoyed - but, due to hard surfaces and adjacent bar/lounge, very noisy on warm summer days when doors are open between areas and sound bounces all over...Next time I'll ask for a quiet corner. I'll be back: Great selection of Mediterranean menu items. Our waiter, Phillip was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh. Not worth my excitement..JuventinoDined on 9/10/2014Food was average. Tried it for restaurant week. Ciappino was tasteless. Not going back
- Lousy serviceLivLatVIPDined on 9/9/2014We have to ask for bread and drink refills because our server was rushing to get out of his job. Did not explain what's in the antipasto whatsoever. Managers don't touch tables. Disappointed with service but love the place and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2/4 ain't badweezerone9Dined on 9/9/2014Hello there! First course was great, loved the variety of the antipasto, 2nd course was also good, the 3rd/main course...my herb crusted fish was just to acidic and didn't rub me the right way. My date's veggie ravioli was good though. Dessert was ok, they gave us the sampler, chocolate cake, tiramasu, and 2 creme brulees. Why two creme brulees? Do you really only have 3 varieties of dessert? Our waittress was okay. She didn't seem to be able to explain the dishes well and did not ask us if we wanted anything to drink with dessert, like coffee. I always get espresso, but I didn't this time because she didn't ask. Sorry.Special Features:
- Very ImpressedFoodiegirlDined on 9/8/2014Great food. Great service. Great venue. We went during restaurant week, and will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Never disappoints, a Phila. gemEpicureVIPDined on 9/7/2014This is our "Cheers" (of TV fame), there almost weekly, always the freshest, tastiest Italian-Mediteranean cuisine, with some of the best fresh fish I have had than anywhere else in the city. Terrific bar scene with Andres and Ulysses concocting the most amazing libations. I've not been to the Amalfi Coast or the town of Positano but a visit to this restaurant surely makes you feel like you've been there - blue tiles, white walls with large format photos with scenes of Amalfi Coast towns perched on hillsides overlooking the deep blue sea. In good weather the doors slide open to a most pleasant outdoor dining experience. The staff makes us feel like family. Believe me, I wouldn't be there if it wasn't that great.Special Features:
- 2014 Restaurant WeekJerryDined on 9/7/2014Food was good, service was a bit slow, when our apps came out, the waiter explaine dthat someone else took my wifes app, we were a party of 6 so 5 of us ate our apps, while my wife waited. her app came out when we were all done eatingSpecial Features:
- BlingDined on 9/7/2014Food very good. Went for early dinner before theater. Very noisy due to large children's birthday party. Would returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/1/2014The food is not Italian but rather bland American with a bit of added olive oil. Comparing it to the food of Positano is preposterous.
- Positano a perfect place to relaxBoDiVIPDined on 9/1/2014The white walls and blue accents are so clean and inviting, particularly on a hot summer's day. The food was excellent, some inventive and unusual (but not overreaching into odd) and some standard fare perfectly prepared and presented; service was attentive but not hovering. Just a lovely summer evening.Special Features:
- Excellent Grilled Octopus!SassySaphyDined on 8/31/2014I absolutely find their food delightful! I love thst on Sundays and Monday it's a BYOB, so who wouldn't love that?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually wonderful. This time not soLoveParkLadyVIPDined on 8/28/2014We go there fairly often & love the food and service. This last time, however, our experience was ruined by a large group of men who were seated next to us 5 minutes after we were seated. They were yelling and screaming with laughter, annoying everyone in the room. Management did nothing to quiet them down. We were moved to another table, as were others, but the noise was still bad enough not to be able to hold a quiet conversation. It was pretty miserable and we declined dessert, just to get out of there. The food was great, as always, and so was the service , so no complaints there. After complaining to management, we were offered a gift certificate, which they are going to mail to us. Let's hope it pays for our last meal there.Special Features:
- Another Fabulous MealTrustmeDined on 8/26/2014Positano Coast never, ever disappoints me. Each time I go there, the food, the service, the wine list, all exceed my expectations. The artichoke tortellini was out of this world. We were celebrating my daughter's birthday and were able to just relax and have fun. Nobody rushed us. It was great. I recommend this place to everyone I know.Special Features:
- Delicious!MarisaVIPDined on 8/23/2014The food was terrific! The staff was also friendly and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfecto!ChariDined on 8/22/2014Three friends and I met for lunch. All three were here for the first time. We have met many places around center city over the years, but all agreed Positano Coast was our favorite. We felt everything 'clicked;' the food was delicious and reasonably priced. Street parking was easy to find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Touch of Almafi right in Philly!eradDined on 8/21/2014Positano Coast is a lovely place - a gem in the Society Hill section of Philly. It is a great place for almost anything! Take your mother to dinner, take your girlfriend for drinks and snacks; meet up with friends for a great bar experience. The upscale dining and bar facility are also friendly and lively. If you want a quiet spot, there is also a place to be had for romantic conversation! Staff is friendly and helpful. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Beautiful AND deliciousmimimaeDined on 8/20/2014Great place to sit outside on a summer evening or even a cool evening as they have heaters to make it very pleasant. The atmosphere is wonderful and the food is excellent as well. Great ambiance whether indoors, at the bar or outside. Convenient location - catch a movie across the street and then walk right over and have something delicious to eat and drink!Special Features:
- A good experienceSandyDined on 8/19/2014My wife and I had not been to Positano Coast for a while, but our group of five had an enjoyable time. The meal was excellent and the service was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close to hotelSnowellenVIPDined on 8/17/2014Positano was convenient to walk to from our hotel. It was pretty loud in the main dining area so we moved to another section. Instead of people noise this time, we had constant music and bass sounds from a fundraiser in one of their rooms. The website doesn't advertise that you can bring in your own bottle of wine on Sunday and Monday. Had I known that, I would have done so.Special Features:
- Great food!SuzyDined on 8/17/2014We will return again and again when we are in Philadelphia. Homemade mozzarella and pasta as well as other wonderful appetizers and entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014This restaurant is a great find. The food was excellent. The atmosphere was bright and pretty. Overall, a great experience, definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Gooddrc82Dined on 8/13/2014Had such a good meal, that we booked it for an upcoming Wedding Rehearsal Dinner. Lovely space for such an event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Outdoor Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014I realy like the patio for warm summer nights. But I thought it was slightly annoying that they did not offer happy hour oSo paint and help him tomorrow, and then you two come over Sunday around 11, and we'll have brunch, maybe do some packing, and then head down to the boat for a mid-afternoon ride and early dinner?utdoors on such a beautiful night. And they only had one server working the patio so it took quite a while to get drinks and our food order. That being said, the food was yummy and there are lots of healthy options. Overall, a yummy experience!Special Features: