Posh at The Scranton Club
404 N Washington Ave.
Scranton, PA 18510Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Posh at The Scranton Club
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://poshatsc.com/
- Phone: 5709555890x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm;
Serving salads and sandwichs between 2:00 pm and 5:00 pm
Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jim McNally
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our second Floor Event Space can accomodate up to 300 for a sit down function. Small Private events can also be booked in the Fashion Lounge.
- Entertainment: Oak Bar and Fashion Lounge offer various entertainment Thursday, Friday and Saturday
- Special Events: POSH Specializes in events like weddings, rehearsal dinners, showers or any type of business dinner or presentation. We are happy to customize a menu to meet the needs of our client.
A word from Posh at The Scranton Club
POSH At The Scranton Club is a full service restaurant and Event facility located in beautiful downtown Scranton in what was formerly a private club. Open to the public for the first time in the building's history, POSH offers classic American bistro cuisine in a refined yet casual setting, as well as the latest cocktails in the Fashion Lounge, and Oak Bar. Enjoy classic and affordable American cuisine in an elegant and historical setting. The City Hall Bar overlooks the impressive municipal building of the city of Scranton. Daily specials and farm to table offerings from our Executive Chef Jim McNally are available. The elegant second floor event space can accommodate up to 300 guests for a sit down event. Menus are customized to the needs of the client by our on-site event planner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Posh at The Scranton Club - Best Restaurants in Scranton ›
Posh at The Scranton Club reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (44)fit for foodies (40)romantic (29)neighborhood gem (27)good for groups (26)great for brunch (18)hot spot (17)great for lunch (17)vibrant bar scene (9)notable wine list (6)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Everything was wonderful-as usual!!!!The pork chop and the lemoncello cake were superb!Special Features:
- Quite Posh, indeed!MPaulJCVIPDined on 10/15/2014I love the ambience of Posh. It feels very much like a night out with the old school chums here but without the pretense.Special Features:
- Fantastic brunchCoco1213Dined on 10/12/2014Very attentive and great service. The scones and muffins were warm on the table, brunch came out quickly and we were able to sit around and enjoy it for a while. Will definitely be back here. Great spot for foodies and people who love brunch. I wish there were more great places like Posh!Special Features:
- Always a treat!Ekkc10753Dined on 10/7/2014The food is creative and delicious, the service attentive, the room itself is lovely! What else could you ask for? Oh wait, they have a great $9 lunch special too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An outstanding dinnerMaryKatesMomVIPDined on 10/4/2014Four of us went to dinner on Sat. Everyone was happy with the menu, from the foodie to the meat and potatoes guy. We started with the charcuterie plate which has a nice pile of hummus and eggplant and plenty of cheese. We also had the house made potato chips with fondue which went over well. The grilled pork chop was outstanding as was the duck breast which was cooked perfectly. The atmosphere was just right. A nice buzz to the room without being too loud. The service was spot on and the prices were reasonable. This is definately in the rotation.Special Features:
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/4/2014I returned for the fifth or sixth time to find persistently outstanding food and service in the stunning space of the Scranton Club. The duck breast was perfectly seasoned and tender, served with delicious al dente risotto. Lobster macaroni and cheese also was impressive. I am so happy that this world class restaurant has appeared in my dear home town. Bravo!Special Features:
- Another great meal at POSHJT00VIPDined on 9/20/2014Parents Weekend -- had a great dinner. Service was attentive but not intrusive. Great value; can't go wrong
- Couldn't be betterLovePoshDined on 9/20/2014Loved the dinner, the atmosphere - virtually everything about Posh! Waitress was excellent, very attentive. The hostess came to check on our experience as well. We also loved that you can order a sandwich or a dinner and you still have the same tablecloths on the table, beautiful tableware, lovely glass of wine. Thanks so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highest quality food in the areajtp1Dined on 9/19/2014Hello - We've been searching for a spot to dine near Scranton University for four years - and we were very happy with Posh. The decor, the service and the food were all a good fit. Our last child decided to go there too - so we'll be back for the next few years!Special Features:
- Disappointed this timeKimRyonDined on 9/18/2014Although I have had many delicious lunches at Posh, I was disapointed in dinner. There have been ads in in the local paper advertising Thursday night $5 drink and appetizer specials - perfect for a ladies night out. Eventhough I booked the reservation on Open Table, I did call them directly to add to the number of people. They should have informed me at that time that they were hosting a huge event, therefore we weren't allowed to eat in the dining room, instead they put us in the basement. When I inquired about the $5 specials, they said they were only good if were were in the Oak Bar - but of course we couldn't eat in the Oak Bar because of the event. There is a bad musty,cigar smell in the basement, that affected our evening.Special Features:
- FantasticANNIEVIPDined on 9/14/2014Having dined at Posh for lunch and dinner many times. It was our first time for brunch at Posh on Sunday. What an experience. Food was outstanding. (wonderful brunch menu) Service could not have been better.Special Features:
- wonderful ambiancesuretoreturnDined on 9/12/2014A tucked away feeling in the heart of the city. Great menu, attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another fantastic dinnerhungryinolyDined on 9/11/2014Great job, our out of town company loved their overall experience!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/11/2014Noise level was almost painful!xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good experience.PatientdinerDined on 9/6/2014The food was very good. The wait staff were friendly and efficient We were comfortable, relaxed and not rushed. All-in-all, it was an enjoyable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant SundaydiningdivaDined on 8/31/2014I have been to Posh previously, but never for brunch. We were greeted with a bowl of fresh fruit and a plate of miniature pastries. These, along with coffee or tea, are included in the fixed price meal. Menu choices ranged from a Bananas Foster waffle to three egg omelette to a speciality burger. Brunch type cocktails and desserts are available at an extra cost. While we did enjoy cocktails, our entrees were too filling to allow for dessert (though they looked wonderful). The beautifully restored dining room is the perfect environment for any meal.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmingAnonymousVIPDined on 8/28/2014Ambiance is nice, and it was quiet - probably because there was only one other couple in the place. The server was attentive, but the food was fair at best: cold when it came out, soggy skin on the duck breast, filet over done . . . This was our second, and probably last, visit.
- Needs help in the wine department.FoodieVIPDined on 8/28/2014I was not overjoyed with this restaurant. It is situated in an old club and it has been recently fixed up and redecorated and looks very nice. The food was good and the service was outstanding. The thing that bothered me is that the wine selection really needs to upgraded and enhanced. So the experience was not bad, but not wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Lunch@Posh on a WednesdayMsmonitorDined on 8/27/2014Food - good Soda- needs new options different types no Pepsi products. Feel good eating there Not enough food for most men.Special Features:
- Foodsnob Review :)FoodsnobDined on 8/24/2014Each of the times I have dined at Posh I have been very impressed with not only the quality of the cuisine; flavors, colors, textures and presentation, but also the level of professionalism of the servers as well as the management. An unfortunate misunderstanding on my part lead to brunch instead of dinner on that Sunday. But we were NOT disappointed in the food or the service. In fact, we can hardly wait to come for dinner. The menu looks wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd time thereAnnieVIPDined on 8/23/2014Our third time there and great as usual. Went for my Mom's 90th birthday and they did not disappoint. We missed our usual waiter Jeff, but the person we had was good also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in ScrantonOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/23/2014The dining room is a well-reinterpreted formal space, the former meeting room of the Scranton Club. The staff is friendly and attentive. But the food is what it is about. I had a perfectly seasoned, rare-as-requested duck breast that was among the best I have eaten. It was brilliantly complimented by a pesto (who would have thought) and by a tomato risotto. Lobster macaroni and cheese also was great. And a salty sweet ice cream on a brownie for dessert finished things very well. Scranton's best.Special Features:
- GrillManDined on 8/22/2014Did lunch for my wife's birthday. Elegant setting with cloth tablecloths and attention to details. Initial service was excellent and the food was 5 star. Only negative is that we were left unattended for 20 minutes after we had finished eating. Did order dessert and waited another 15 minutes to be served. Only way we received our check is by standing up and getting our waitress's attention. Lunch took 2hours and 15 minutes. We were not in a hurry but this was a bit long. I would not recommend if you have a limited amount of time for lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant but not pretentiousMPaulJCVIPDined on 8/20/2014Ashley took great care of me on my first journey to Posh. The signature house salad is a great entrée. The walnuts & carmelization set your palate up for the main plate. I chose the duck: succulent, tender and packed with flavor. They go the extra mile in providing a generous sized French press of coffee for dessert. A must for any special occasion or if you just want great quality food and impeccable service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank You!AnniversaryDined on 8/16/2014We were at Posh several times. This Saturday it was our 39 th anniversary and although the staff did not know that, the evening was fabulous. The service was exceptional and the food was beyond compare. It was quiet and relaxing and we could not have been happier.Special Features:
- ExcellentpatgDined on 8/13/2014That would be the word to describe this restaurant....There are no other restaurants in this area to equal this place...Everything was exactly what we expected it to be...It was my husband's birthday, and we had gone there other times...so decided to celebrate this event...BEST CHOICE WE COULD HAVE MADE........Special Features:
- Lunch is always a pleasant eventOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014I've had lunch here several times and each time has been delightful. The food is delicious and the service top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is GREAT!AnnieVIPDined on 8/2/2014This was our second time at Posh and this restaurant is our favorite in this area. Food is just superb, service outstanding and we look forward to going back again. Our waiter Jeff was great, the chef Jim is outstanding, Cindy, the manager was on top of her game and our host Gary was very accommodating. I felt the need to name them because as a team they make this restaurant as good as it is, but the chef is the star! he is very artistic and accommodating to dietary restrictions. The food is just outstanding! When we were there they had a wedding going on. Great place for a wedding.Special Features:
- Enjoyable, affordableWildflowermanDined on 8/2/2014Was looking forward to my visit,heard many good things about POSH. Made a reservation for lunch and was surprised to find we were the only diners in the place. The lunch specials were appealing and unique and the regular menu was very good too. Food was superb and service very friendly and professional.. Well worth the visit, very interesting place, nice atmosphere..Will be back for sure..Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014We were a group of 15 people and were given a private room. The food was excellent as well as the service. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for small groups especially if you are able to sit in a separate room.Special Features:
- DisappointingspeedygourmetVIPDined on 7/22/2014Decided to try this restaurant again - had been there for Sunday Brunch a while ago. The occasion was a business lunch. When I arrived at 11:45 before my guest, I told the server someone would be joining me. She left the menus on the table. After approximately 45 minutes after my guest arrived, I had to gesture to the server that we were ready to order. We waited another 40 minutes for our cold salads to finally arrive! This might have been understandable had there not been a total of 4 tables, with no more than 2-4 guests at each for the entire lunch service - noon to 2:00 p.m. The food was adequate though my salad, which was supposed to have avocado, was devoid of that ingredient. The lunch salads were the size of side salads.
- great timeyumyumDined on 7/20/2014Our brunch was memorable. I'm a cook myself - retired now from cooking most of my life. You get my highest recommendation. I loved it all. Flawless.. Keep up the good work. Can't wait to returnSpecial Features:
- ALL I CAN SAY IS AMAZINGAnnieVIPDined on 7/19/2014This is by far one of the best restaurants we have eaten in. When we first walked in, the place looked a little run down but that is because it is in what was once known as a private club, most likely for men during the time when Scranton was hopping with coal. When we got the wine it was great and the food was SURPERB! The chef actually altered then crab I got because I'm gluten free and he made a fresh batch without some of the filling.Our waiter, Jeff was also very attentive. I can't wait to go back. My husband had the short ribs and he said they were really outstanding. Everyone was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed PoshcustomcDined on 7/18/2014This was our fist time dinning at Posh. We were in for camp visiting weekend. We were there with 2 other couples and had a very nice evening. They were VERY accommodating. All of us were traveling from New York and it too us much longer then expected and I had to call twice to change the time of the reservation and they were so nice about it. We really enjoyed the food. It was very relaxing and fairly reasonable for the kind of restaurant it was. Everyone in our party seemed very happy and pleased with what they had to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fussy1Dined on 7/17/2014dining room was noisy-difficult to have conversation, food was very goodSpecial Features:
- Delicious!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014This was our first time at Posh and it was delicious!Special Features:
- Great find in ScrantonTraceyisDined on 7/5/2014Found Posh through Open Table. So glad we went. Pretty place. Great menu with variety. Service was superb. Everything was delish! They were very accommodating for my children - making them pasta, chicken fingers (really whatever they wanted). I definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingHarryDined on 7/5/2014Great gem for Scranton! Wish and hope more places follow in their footsteps!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem Found on Open TableEmtodboDined on 6/28/2014What a phenomenal find! The character of the building and the service were spectacular. Thank you Open Table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 337 reviews are from the Posh at The Scranton Club reviews archive.
- Great Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/22/2014What a great way to end a weekend to Scranton! The food was outstanding and the service was great!Special Features: