Posados Cafe - Plano
3421 N. Central Expressway
Plano, TX 75023Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Posados Cafe - Plano
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: www. posados.com
- Phone: 9725094999
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Takeout
A word from Posados Cafe - Plano
Each one of our locations is unique in style and décor. We serve award winning Tex Mex food that is freshly handmade each day. From our hot sizzling fajitas basted in garlic butter, grilled quail, handmade enchiladas, tacos and tamales, to any one of our Tex Mex Combos- our food is the best you will find anywhere. Our hot sauce and chips have won awards. Our house margaritas are some of the best you have tasted, and our service is warm and inviting. We look forward to serving you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Posados Cafe - Plano reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (9)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (3)special occasion (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)neighborhood gem (2)fit for foodies (2)romantic (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Good Timescelebrate22Dined on 7/8/2014What an excellent experience! There were seventeen of us. Food came out hot and drinks were kept refilled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014I have to say that I was quite satisfied until I had issues with my debit card. My family went to Posado's on Father's Day weekend this year. We had a party of 11 and paid $146 to dine, not to mention the $20 tip we left Kristie. Well when I get home to check my account I had been charged twice for the same dinner $47.38. When I called I was told sorry we didn't tell you before you left but we took care of that just wait 1 business day, which I did. To say the least the charged pended for 5 days and after I called back I couldn't get in contact with Alan or Alex the GM I spoke with originally. The food was GREAT but they way I was treated was terrible. Me and my family dine here a lot and that's why we chose Posado's. Bad choice!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RibsRibsDined on 5/25/2014We had the Ribs and our son had the Fajitaes. Food was EXCELLENT! Pricing was affordable. We had a nice dinner with our son. Thanks for the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service, even before closingFloMofoodieVIPDined on 5/19/2014Moving day (and some of the night) Had to get a quick meal. Found Posado's open on a weeknight, welcoming our arrival and outstanding in their presentation, quality and hospitality. Manager even came up as we were leaving to thank us! It is us who are thanking Posado's staff for the late night dinner and staying past closing. We will return (once we unpack some more).Special Features:
- Not GreatTravelANDDineVIPDined on 5/19/2014Was expecting more based on the online reviews and their website. Instead the fare was on par with what you would receive from a chain like Chevy's Fresh Mex. Not great. Not fit for foodies. Won't be going back.
- MikeDDined on 5/11/2014We had a good time and we're looking forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quick and easyGoodfoodie7Dined on 5/9/2014Service was good, margarita special is the best! We were in and out in no time on a Friday evening.Special Features:
- customer service at its finestBilly525VIPDined on 5/6/2014This is a restaurant that is managed well! When I entered, I told the hostess that I was checking in under OpenTable. She didn't even look at the book, but looking me straight in the eye, said, "Oh, you must be Dr. Billy (last name)" She had my name/reservation memorized. It didn't stop there. Table service was good, but management came and checked on me half-way through my dinner; again, warm and friendly. This is a restaurant that appreciates its customers. Two small suggestions: please display the same menu on OpenTable as the customer will find at the restaurant, and please serve your chalupas on a separate plate. My chalupa was half covered in my enchilada's sauce, making it soggy to eat; not what one wants in a chalupa.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great family dinnerEdKrullDined on 5/2/2014Family of four - we shared the Family Style Fajitas, there was plenty of food and the quality was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 41 reviews are from the Posados Cafe - Plano reviews archive.
- DissatisfiedNeverAgainDined on 4/26/2014My family and I normally frequent the Mesquite Pasados but decided to visit a different location so we tried Plano. We were satisfied with the food, our server, and the atmosphere. Who we weren't satisfied with is the guy who walks around and greet the customers, I'm guessing he was the manager, while sitting there we noticed he stopped by every table in our section and never came to our table it happened four times, and finally our daughter asked my husband and I why wont he come to our table so we paid for our food and left, vowing never to come back to that location. If the manager doesn't care enough about us to ask us how was the food which is what he was asking everyone else why should we spend our money there.
- Wonderful ResturantRobinDined on 2/21/2014I Appreciate seeing your manager helping the staff and greeting the customers at the table and chating with the kids. This really makes my heart feel GREAT about bringing my family to this resturant! Yall Have wonderful staff!! Thank you for the great Experience!Special Features:
- Party of 20jo8246bDined on 1/12/2014We love Posada's.. great food, great atmosphere, and very friendly wait staff. They didn't cram our party in a corner- so it was easy to get up and chat with everyone at the table. Everyone was pleased with their food and no one complained about the prices. Our table was ready when the first people got there and our special requests were done. Love Posada's and Open Table was super efficient and easy. Thank you for a wonderful family functionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service left us wantingDaveDined on 12/31/2013The food is decent. The ambience is fine. But the service left us wanting. We went on Dec 31st and it wasn't that busy either. Our daughter is allergic is to eggs and asked the server to check if the ice cream had eggs in it. It took us 4 reminders to her to come back with an answer. And then she would keep forgetting something or the other. She was a very friendly person and was nice but when a child is waiting and waiting, it's not on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soMiapolitanDined on 12/23/2013I chose Posados because of a coupon I had. The restaurant was not busy when I was there at lunchtime. The dining area was clean and servers were friendly. The food was okay, taste-wise and was delivered hot. However, I had assumed that my Chicken Guisada would have some kind of sauce/gravy and it appeared to be just taco/enchilada chicken just put on the plate. Salsa was not spicy. Chips were good. The flour tortillas were the best thing from my whole meal. I don't know where they get them from, but they tasted fresh. Food-wise, this is more 'Tex' than 'Mex'.
- Great timeBTGREDined on 11/16/2013We had a large party of 20+. The food was outstanding and the service was great! The management took good care of us and all our expectations were fulfilled. Overall a great night! Thanks Posado'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday School groupgramyDined on 5/18/2013everyone in the group enjoyed the meal, the waitress was exceptional and we told the manager on the way out ... especially enjoyed the complimentary dessert at the end of the mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my favoriteluvposadosDined on 5/13/2013I looove posados. We sat on the patio...the weather was great. The food was delicious and the service was excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TX MEXcpacey3Dined on 4/3/2013I haven't been to Posado's in years and this was such a long time. This was a lovely dinner. The fresh made guacamole was great! The salsa and thin chips were awesome! I just wish there was a Posado's near my hometown in MI.Special Features:
- Food was good as always -OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/16/2013Food was good as always - service was a bit distracted but friendly. There was a wait for seating but patrons were getting frustrated because they could easily see a half dozen empty tables around.Special Features:
- Highly recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2012THe food was good especially the tortillas. Everyone in our party ate all of their meals. We were quite impressed with our server, Andrew. He did an excellent job of meeting our needs. I enjoyed our experience that night and will be back. The only thing that bothered me was this consumer that was talking non stop to her friend too loudly but there isn't anything you can do about that. She wasn't drinking so I didn't want to involve the mgr. She left about 30 min into our meal so it was fine.Special Features:
- Great food and service! AOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2012Great food and service! A definite thumbs-up! And our table was reserved for us at prime time dinner hours on a Friday night. What's not to love?Special Features:
- We had a party of 28 celebratingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/13/2012We had a party of 28 celebrating our employees for thier outstanding service. The staff (Chris and Jerry- Manager) were already on top of things before our arrival and not one of my employees complained about the service!! Note: all of these employees were women...I thought for sure one would complain but it was quite the opposite. We give Posado's team a 10+. They took care of our every needs. Drinks, appetizers and the food were execellent! I cannot wait to book anotehr party at this location in Plano!! Thanks again Posado's!! NikkiSpecial Features:
- Waitress was very nice andOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/5/2012Waitress was very nice and helpful. She also kept our drinks filled. Food came out in a timely manner, however, we were there during early lunch so it was not packed.Special Features:
- Waiter was not fluent withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012Waiter was not fluent with English and did not understand several things concerning our dinner. I had requested a quiet out of the way location for a birthday gathering. This was not honored, the table was not even ready when we got there and there was no acknowledgement of a birthday celebration!
- Bad ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/22/2012I have been to this Posado's on several occasions. This time the service was horrible. I will go one more time to this Posado's and if the service is bad again, I will not go back.Special Features:
- Waiter was great! He was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/19/2012Waiter was great! He was very personable and helpful. Food was pretty good except everything that day was overly salted. Kids enjoyed complimentary ice cream and sopapillas.Special Features:
- It is a Pretty Good Resturant.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2012It is a Pretty Good Resturant. Kids like it because of the free Ice Cream, however the ice cream machine was not working right. Other than that it was great...Special Features:
- Large group meetOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/25/2012We had a group of 22 who met for dinner. Service and food was very good. We were able to enjoy our meal and visit with each other. Posado's is a great place for Mexican food!Special Features:
- No ReservationjonrsDined on 6/1/2012Restaurants food was good and services was ok. Problem was they did not have a reservation for us and we had a table of 15. We had to wait for a very long time, despite having made reservations with OpenTable. The manager on duty acted like he had never heard of this service and didn't seem to believe that we did make the reservation, even though I had a confirmation. Probably will not return or use OpenTable again..it didn't work for us.Special Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/30/2012The food and service were both above and beyond what you would expect. We ended up talking longer than planned and the service was great for the entire time. The food was ordered with a special request which was done perfectly and followed up on by the server and the team leader.Special Features:
- Waitress was very friendlyBethDined on 5/13/2012Waitress was very friendly and efficient. Food was good too.Special Features:
- We love Posados - Plano becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012We love Posados - Plano because we always get great service and never have to wait to long to be seated and of course the food is always great!Special Features:
- We used Open Table to scheduleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/13/2012We used Open Table to schedule a 10 person family outing for Mother's Day at 12:30. They had the table set up and ready. Wait staff was good with a large group. Will definitely visit and again (and use Open Table to schedule!)Special Features:
- Very pleasantly surprisedMichaelDined on 5/11/2012Very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the fajitas.. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Very pleasant experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2012Very pleasant experience. The wait staff were all very attentive, patient, helpful. We lacked for nothing. We'll be back often.Special Features:
- Second visit in a weekOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/28/2012We liked to food so much that this was our second visit in a week. I was particularly impressed how the busser used a spray to clean and not only the table but also the seats.
- Posado's was very accomadating.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2012Posado's was very accomadating. Of course the day of my reservation was not busy, but I still give kudos for customer service. It was my graduation day and we met at the restaurant afterwards earlier than my reservation. I did call before we arrived to be sure it was OK. It was my graduation so I was really excited and not really paying attention to everything, but I had never been there before so I did notice it was fun to look at. Our server was very accomadating. He was on point for my table. Unfortunatley I didn't get a name since I do not plan to visit Plano in the near future. We were there for graduation. But, it seems by my visit at great place to have a nice meal. I would go there again if I'm ever in the area again.Special Features:
- I was very impressed withOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/22/2012I was very impressed with the food. Also enjoyed their free sopapilla and ice cream!
- This is a fun, lively restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/14/2012This is a fun, lively restaurant. It's a little loud inside but that's because people are enjoying themselves. I was on a date and, although not romantic, made for a perfect evening. The food and service were wonderful, too. We will definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- The food was good, but ourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2012The food was good, but our waiter was rude and had a sense of humor that only he found to be funny.Special Features: