3199 Paces Ferry Place
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.portofinobistro.com/
- Phone: (404) 231-1136
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Paul Sidener
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Available Sun-Thur For parties up to 30.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Anderson 4042311136
A word from Portofino
Portofino is an unassuming neighborhood bistro located on a quiet side street in Buckhead. From the street, you can see the beautiful stone and brick patio that offers the most enjoyable outdoor seating in town, The patio spills into a delightful dining room with vaulted ceilings, hardwood floors and bright, energetic artwork. The cuisine at Portofino is American-Italian offering a selection of simple pastas, innovative bistro-style appetizers and entrees. The menu and award winning wine list are constantly changing, the atmosphere is charged, and good times prevail.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Portofino - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Portofino reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (93)neighborhood gem (83)fit for foodies (59)notable wine list (39)good for groups (39)romantic (38)special occasion (34)great for lunch (27)great for brunch (11)scenic view (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- HarveVIPDined on 11/24/2014Portofino never fails to deliver a great dining experience. I have enjoyed introducing friends and family from out of town and native Atlantans who have never had the pleasure of dining here. The food is exceptional, the service is the very best and you will never be disappointed with the experience. The deck is a must in Spring and Summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, lovely evening of fine dining.TedMVIPDined on 11/21/2014We've dined at Portofino many times over the past few months. The food is always consistent containing multi levels of flavor in each dish. This time,we ordered salads, hanger steak and a pasta. The starters included grilled squid and Ceasar salad with fresh marinated white anchovies which changed the taste from salty to sweet. Hanger steak was high quality meat complimented by fingerling potatoes. Pasta was just spicy enough, not swimming in sauce. Our server was knowledgable and very attentive. Everyone at our table was very impressed with the quality of the food and the level of service. All in all another lovely evening of unrushed, fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerLiv2dineDined on 11/13/2014We had a ladies birthday dinner at portofino and it was great! The wine was wonderful, food delicious and service was outstanding. The back room is perfect for a group-semi-private and cozy. We will definitely go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Girl at PortofinoAntoinetteDined on 11/11/2014We were celebrating my birthday here and had a fabulous meal! Service was great, too! They had a decent wine list and I was glad to see some French and Italian wines. Dessert was comped for my celebration which was an unexpected treat! Our server, Tiffany, was very attentive and helpful with suggestions on the menu, too. I will definitely dine at Portofino again in the near future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2014Had an amazing night and our server Kelly was amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolCarolVIPDined on 11/7/2014Very enjoyable. Pleasant waiter. Nice menu. Loved the artichoke hearts appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulBHNRDined on 11/7/2014In the years and years of dining here I have never had a bad meal or experience. Although our latest dinner here was a bit loud- we enjoyed the night thoroughly.Special Features:
- Always a pleasuretommyjgaVIPDined on 11/6/2014The food execution is always delicious and at times spectacular. My favorite food memory is a lunch when I ordered a saffron risotto. Dish delivered was better than any I have had in Milan and was dotted with luscious chunks of lobster! Wine list is inspired and regional and changes regularly with a solid Barolo offered by the glass at $16. Chef technique is in my experience above the price tag, and imagination can delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After years, no longer a top choiceRosemaryBasilDined on 11/6/2014I have been coming for years to this restaurant. However, for the second time in recent months, I was disappointed in the ambiance and the food. We sat in the front enclosed room which, while quiet, lacks personality and begs for color and warmth. Service was good, but our food was just ok -- nothing I would bring guests for, as I was doing on this evening. One of my guests said her food was ok but not what she had hoped for. Same with me. No reason to complain to the chef, but no reason to acclaim at all. Also, the tilted flooring in the front should be addressed somehow. I left being sorry we had not chosen the other place I had considered.
- Usually very goodBryanVIPDined on 10/30/2014I love the atmosphere, easy parking, great menu that changes at the right frequency. Our meal and service were a bit "off" tonight, but this is still high on my list of favorites.Special Features:
- Top 5 mealsfoodie101Dined on 10/22/2014I work in the hospitality industry and was blown away. They don't try to hard on anything, but instead pick what they know and do it well. The wine list and food were outstanding and combine with the cozy, romantic atmosphere, I couldn't have asked for a better dinner.Special Features:
- Birthday partysemisocialbutterflyDined on 10/19/2014Very nice setting! Very accomdating and food was wonderful! Loved the presentation of the food and although we were a fairly large party (9) no issues with splitting the bills! Alvin was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Portofino is always my restaurant of choice for special events and then some and it never disappoints!!!!Special Features:
- Not as good as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/11/2014Portofino has always been one of my favorite dining spots...especially for outdoor dining. The food and service were not quite as good this past visit, unfortunately. The spicy pasta was good, but the salads were a bit disappointing. The spinach salad had very little taste (I'm not sure if they put dressing on it..) and the caesar salad was loaded with whole anchovies. (These are hard to see at night if you're sitting on the patio.) If you don't like anchovies, be sure to request your caesar salad WITHOUT them or you could be in for a surprise! Overall, I still like the restaurant and will give it another try soon.Special Features:
- DisappointingDineoftenleaveHAPPYDined on 10/10/2014We looked forward to a lovely dinner with our grown children who were visiting from Seattle. We chose Portofino as our Italian night restaurant out of the 3 nights we would dine together . The wine was great, our black pasta with clams was nothing special, our server was very nice.Special Features:
- Great outdoor Italian diningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/10/2014They have increased their outdoor seating capacity but it still provides an intimate outdoor experience for a beautiful fall night. There is some covered seating, fans, heaters and plenty of candle light. The food is always delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/10/2014We love Portofino and have been dining there for years. The service is ALWAYS friendly and progessional. Fried artichokes are one of our favorites....menu varies and is delightful. GO! Perfect indoor or outdoor atmosphere! We love this restaurant!Special Features:
- Wonderful patio experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/9/2014With the weather starting to cool, this is an incredible spot for lunch/dinner on the patio. Atmosphere is outstanding. Wonderful lunch place to catch up with friends & enjoy the fall breezes. Had a scallops special & it was delicious. Already want to return for an evening experience. YUM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we loved itStickBradleyDined on 10/7/2014Portofino's was the perfect blend of a great Italian restaurant and a romantic outdoor patio setting. We loved the octopus you hsve to try it , it was out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ExperienceScoutVIPDined on 10/3/2014I've had very pleasant dining experiences at Portofino in the past, and I was looking forward to this special evening. Regrettably, the service was really awful. Our server made no effort to explain the menu or offer suggestions, his timing was continually off, and during the last 2/3rds of our meal we weren't sure if we even had a server. A different server began to take pity on us, at least refilling our water glasses. The food was good, but not good enough to make up for the poor overall experience. I may return, but it will not be any time soon.Special Features:
- Best kept secret in BuckheadjfoodhVIPDined on 9/30/2014Our favorite neighborhood restaurant Never disappoints Excellent food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodNew2atlDined on 9/27/2014It was a great experience. Food was great. Lamb was favorite for our group. Deserts were very well done. Gelato was a popular item amongst our group. Overall good service along with quality food made for a fun eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningGibbmanDined on 9/27/2014Met friends for dinner and sat on patio. Food was very good and also had some very nice Italian wines!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JorgefromCubaVIPDined on 9/10/2014Great food at this neighborhood gem. Continue to go back and enjoy it each time I have done so. Shrimp with radiatori pasta and red peppers is an excellent dish full of flavor and the red peppers adds a spicy twist to this dish.Special Features:
- always goodDebbieVIPDined on 9/9/2014I love this place, I had meatballs and an arugula salad, my husband had the spicy sausage pasta. We ordered the featured wine with was excellante! we sat on the deck and it was pretty cool night in Atlanta. Prices are good and fair. Great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteDBenedettoVIPDined on 9/6/2014We have enjoyed Portofino for almost 4 years and it is always a delight. The patio is relaxing and dining inside is romantic. Service is always great. The food changes with the season and is always delicious. This is on the top of our list of favorites in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portafino locationChava36Dined on 9/5/2014I only wish they would have located in Sandy. Springs. Buckhead is a bit out of my area. We need you here. Not as a chain. Your chefSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EntresEMILDined on 8/31/2014Would suggest more fish selection on the entre menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet Delight!HungryDined on 8/31/2014Portofino turned out to be a most pleasant surprise, offering a truly gourmet dining experience. T%hings on the menu sinply don't appear anywhere, this proved to be a genuine delight. Food, service, ambiance - all added up to a memorable experience We are looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014Some of my friends and I celebrated my birthday here. The service was fantastic. They had taken Chicken Picatta of the menu but made it for me anyway. What restaurant would do that for you!! Even got a birthday dessert! Great restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kind of LazyChahDahlDined on 8/28/2014Portofino is a pleasant enough place, if you consider that Atlantans think that hanging over street traffic is bucolic, but they're getting sloppy. Scallops were just there on the plate, not delectable, not engaging. Bread was promised by 3 but never delivered. No other table needs were observed by the wait staff who were always passing by but not actually providing service. Still, we go...but that could change.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable mealMed7455Dined on 8/24/2014We enjoyed our meal, especially because of the outdoor dining. We ordered appetizers as well as entrees. The dishes with lamb sauce were particularly goid.Special Features:
- Nice eveningBuckheadnativeVIPDined on 8/22/2014We enjoyed our evening at Portofino. Our server was helpful in suggesting standout items on the menu and wine list and we had a quiet table... Unusual in most restaurants these days. Octopus appetizer was good but we prefer Kyma's preparation. Mussels were in a fabulous broth but sadly overcooked. Arugula salad was delicious, as were all of the entrees We definitely will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DavidnDined on 8/17/2014Great location Staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. I really like the interior of the rest.Special Features:
- ANQOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014Great food, great atmosphere, great outside dining...Brittany was our server...she was fabulous!Special Features:
- Gem of a different kindJenHeldDined on 8/15/2014From reviews here, I expected upscale outdoor dining. Not at all what we found. Still, a fine discovery. Toddlers, teens, families, all having fun. Very casual, adults in shorts, metal tables and chairs, wait staff in jeans. Menu was geared to adult tastes and food was good but 3 rather than 5 in taste and presentation. Service fast enough, chatty and pleasant, appropriate for a family-friendly restaurant. I wasn't asked about a second glass of wine or coffee with dessert. Arugula salad was almost unwieldy with giant arugula leaves. Flounder special was okay but not outstanding. Dessert was best of all---blueberry bread pudding with lemon sauce and husband had a berry crisp. We'll go back, maybe take the grandchildren next time.Special Features:
- Excellence, as always...LivinginAtlantaDined on 8/14/2014From the moment Chris sat us at our table to the last glass of water after our check, the whole experience at Portofino was great. Terrific preparations, outstanding attentive unrushed service, to the thank you salutation as we departed.....all outstanding qualities of a well run establishment carried out by committed employees.Special Features:
- Recommended by a friendTec2751Dined on 8/10/2014Good location in Buckhead, but on a side street, so noise level was low. Good food, our server, Lisa did a good job of explaining each dish that we asked about, and seemed to appear just at the right time through out our time at Portofino. I will return for lots of reasons, but only if Lisa is our server.Special Features:
- We'll be back.TheHappyHungryOnesVIPDined on 8/2/2014Found out you are in Open Table so we decided to come back after a long absence. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 981 reviews are from the Portofino reviews archive.
- Great spot in BuckheadRyanInNewnanDined on 7/26/2014We went with a small group last weekend and the food was fantastic. Service was very prompt. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features: