3199 Paces Ferry Place
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.portofinobistro.com/
- Phone: 4042311136
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Paul Sidener
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Available Sun-Thur For parties up to 30.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Anderson 4042311136
A word from Portofino
Portofino is an unassuming neighborhood bistro located on a quiet side street in Buckhead. From the street, you can see the beautiful stone and brick patio that offers the most enjoyable outdoor seating in town, The patio spills into a delightful dining room with vaulted ceilings, hardwood floors and bright, energetic artwork. The cuisine at Portofino is American-Italian offering a selection of simple pastas, innovative bistro-style appetizers and entrees. The menu and award winning wine list are constantly changing, the atmosphere is charged, and good times prevail.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Portofino - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Portofino reviews from OpenTable diners
171 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (124)neighborhood gem (112)fit for foodies (72)romantic (64)special occasion (58)notable wine list (55)good for groups (45)great for lunch (37)great for brunch (15)scenic view (14)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (6)hot spot (6)Show More
- JorgefromCubaVIPDined on 9/10/2014Great food at this neighborhood gem. Continue to go back and enjoy it each time I have done so. Shrimp with radiatori pasta and red peppers is an excellent dish full of flavor and the red peppers adds a spicy twist to this dish.Special Features:
- always goodDebbieDined on 9/9/2014I love this place, I had meatballs and an arugula salad, my husband had the spicy sausage pasta. We ordered the featured wine with was excellante! we sat on the deck and it was pretty cool night in Atlanta. Prices are good and fair. Great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteDBenedettoVIPDined on 9/6/2014We have enjoyed Portofino for almost 4 years and it is always a delight. The patio is relaxing and dining inside is romantic. Service is always great. The food changes with the season and is always delicious. This is on the top of our list of favorites in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portafino locationChava36Dined on 9/5/2014I only wish they would have located in Sandy. Springs. Buckhead is a bit out of my area. We need you here. Not as a chain. Your chefSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EntresEMILDined on 8/31/2014Would suggest more fish selection on the entre menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet Delight!HungryDined on 8/31/2014Portofino turned out to be a most pleasant surprise, offering a truly gourmet dining experience. T%hings on the menu sinply don't appear anywhere, this proved to be a genuine delight. Food, service, ambiance - all added up to a memorable experience We are looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014Some of my friends and I celebrated my birthday here. The service was fantastic. They had taken Chicken Picatta of the menu but made it for me anyway. What restaurant would do that for you!! Even got a birthday dessert! Great restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kind of LazyChahDahlDined on 8/28/2014Portofino is a pleasant enough place, if you consider that Atlantans think that hanging over street traffic is bucolic, but they're getting sloppy. Scallops were just there on the plate, not delectable, not engaging. Bread was promised by 3 but never delivered. No other table needs were observed by the wait staff who were always passing by but not actually providing service. Still, we go...but that could change.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningBuckheadnativeDined on 8/22/2014We enjoyed our evening at Portofino. Our server was helpful in suggesting standout items on the menu and wine list and we had a quiet table... Unusual in most restaurants these days. Octopus appetizer was good but we prefer Kyma's preparation. Mussels were in a fabulous broth but sadly overcooked. Arugula salad was delicious, as were all of the entrees We definitely will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Great location Staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. I really like the interior of the rest.Special Features:
- ANQOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014Great food, great atmosphere, great outside dining...Brittany was our server...she was fabulous!Special Features:
- Gem of a different kindJenHeldDined on 8/15/2014From reviews here, I expected upscale outdoor dining. Not at all what we found. Still, a fine discovery. Toddlers, teens, families, all having fun. Very casual, adults in shorts, metal tables and chairs, wait staff in jeans. Menu was geared to adult tastes and food was good but 3 rather than 5 in taste and presentation. Service fast enough, chatty and pleasant, appropriate for a family-friendly restaurant. I wasn't asked about a second glass of wine or coffee with dessert. Arugula salad was almost unwieldy with giant arugula leaves. Flounder special was okay but not outstanding. Dessert was best of all---blueberry bread pudding with lemon sauce and husband had a berry crisp. We'll go back, maybe take the grandchildren next time.Special Features:
- Excellence, as always...LivinginAtlantaDined on 8/14/2014From the moment Chris sat us at our table to the last glass of water after our check, the whole experience at Portofino was great. Terrific preparations, outstanding attentive unrushed service, to the thank you salutation as we departed.....all outstanding qualities of a well run establishment carried out by committed employees.Special Features:
- Recommended by a friendTec2751Dined on 8/10/2014Good location in Buckhead, but on a side street, so noise level was low. Good food, our server, Lisa did a good job of explaining each dish that we asked about, and seemed to appear just at the right time through out our time at Portofino. I will return for lots of reasons, but only if Lisa is our server.Special Features:
- We'll be back.TheHappyHungryOnesVIPDined on 8/2/2014Found out you are in Open Table so we decided to come back after a long absence. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot in BuckheadRyanInNewnanDined on 7/26/2014We went with a small group last weekend and the food was fantastic. Service was very prompt. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- We had an adorable waitetressOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014We were there at 5:30 in order to catch a7:15 movie! It was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely patioDalmatianDadVIPDined on 7/25/2014For some reason, we hadn't been to Portofino in a long time. So glad we came back! Lovely patio and great menu. Everything was delicious.Special Features:
- AnniversaryMygrizzleDined on 7/19/2014We wanted a special place for your 1 year anniversary celebration. It was perfect. Low key; comforting and just enough sparkle! Thanks for the champagne to toast.Special Features:
- Lovely lunch spotjpl195Dined on 7/17/2014Had a lovely lunch on the patio. We had the Trio and the CHicken Club Salad. Very nice and service was great.Special Features:
- Very Good food Great serviceTwostepstevieVIPDined on 7/14/2014As usual, the food was very good and the service great. They handled gluten allergy of one in our party very well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful meal and serviceeatsDined on 7/12/2014Some highlites from the menu: fried artichoke hearts, scallops, veal ricotta meatballs, squid ink pasta with clams The service was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014great food and ambience. enjoyed the service and the wait staff was very knowledgeable and made great recommendations.Special Features:
- bigKVIPDined on 7/12/2014This place is a quiet nice Buckhead restaurant. The staff is very friendly and always willing to accommodate your requests. The food is great, although I think the plating could be a little better. Great wine list and everything flows beautifully. I do think the interior could be updated some and the table lighting needs a little more work. I would go back there often!!!Special Features:
- Excellent food, wine, and serviceJeffDined on 7/12/2014I have never been disappointed in Portofino's restaurant. Every experience has been a five star experience on all dimensions.Special Features:
- Meet and eatmikeVIPDined on 7/12/2014Lovely spot to meet friends. Never had a bad meal.Special Features:
- Can't go wrongIntown41Dined on 7/12/2014Menu is outstanding, can't wait to go back. Mussels were perfect, watermelon/mint/burrata appetizer was light, incredible flavor, perfectly balanced. The creativity w/ the pastas is wonderful--sauces, ingredients, etc. The green olives were served hot--a bit strange, prefer room temp. Only complaint is the very dark dining room. Some like that, I don't. Front room is lighter but was full, even early. Too hot to sit outside, but in better weather, looks like it would be charming. Most definitely worth a trip back!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/8/2014An interesting and varied menu including regional food and wine from Sicily. Our server was great - she had good recommendations and took very good care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!Ren55Dined on 7/5/2014Never had a bad experience in Portofino. Great food and always great service - one of my most favorite spots!Special Features:
- Wonderful lunch.mjriderVIPDined on 7/2/2014The meal was outstanding. Soup of the day and red wine recommended by our waitperson were terrific.Special Features:
- Great Patio Dining1ceMaidenVIPDined on 6/23/2014My husband is a foodie; I am not. Our server overheard me me comment that I was having a difficult time finding anything on the menu that I liked, and he volunteered that the chef was willing to cook more traditional fare to order. So that's what we did... swapped the sauce on a pasta menu item for a more traditional alfredo sauce, and my tummy was happy. Although it was a warm evening, we opted to dine on their outdoor patio. We enjoyed a cool breeze, and the mosquitoes enjoyed my husband. Spotted some 'Off' spray at the server station as we left. Could have used some ourselves. Oh well, we still enjoyed the meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014Food and service was exquisite with unique dishes and wonderful atmosphere.
- Good as it getsBrewbyVIPDined on 6/15/2014This was our third visit to Portofino. This time we brought along friends. As before, our high expectations were met or exceeded. Ashleigh is a solid server, and she handles my "old-guy" sense of humor gracefully. My black fettuccini vongole was excellent indeed, and my wife's grilled trout was just right. Spaghetti squash was a nice seasonal side.Special Features:
- Not a Foodie SpotPrisonratDined on 6/9/2014I was disappointed with the quality of the food at Portofino. My artichoke appetizer was very good, but I found the food presentation average for the price and the quality of the food. I think it is important for restaurants to use local items and when I asked the server where the trout is from he shared it was from Panama. For a GA restaurant to serve trout from Panama when our rivers and lakes are plentiful of trout is shocking. I can only imagine where this restaurant may cut back more. The restaurant's decor is a nice, neighborhoody feel to it and I love the outdoor patio, but food quality is very important to me and I was very disappointed to pay $23 for trout from Panama in Georgia. Our server, Kent, was friendly and professional.
- Great dinnerATLdinerDined on 6/9/2014We had great service from Amber, and the food was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- truly a neighborhood gem!ElreydelpolloDined on 6/6/2014Really good food at reasonable prices, just far enough away from the hustle and bustle. Great apps to share worth a group over drinks. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Outdoor DiningLexus2VIPDined on 6/3/2014Had another delicious dinner and evening with friends. Service was attentive but not intruisive. I had the wonderful "Black pasta with clams" and it was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasenthc1601Dined on 6/3/2014Food and service was good, I thought to be a little priceySpecial Features:
- BillVIPDined on 6/3/2014One of the most appealing restaurants in Buckhead with an attentive and very friendly team of servers. Mike know his clients well and treats them all with care.Special Features:
- Very Disappointing!GeeAtlVIPDined on 6/1/2014This restaurant has gone downhill. to begin with, compared to the in-restaurant menu, their website dinner menu has approximately twice as many entrees listed and twice as many pastas. The pasta I had--prima vera--wasn't on the online menu and was the worst restaurant dish I can ever recall. Totally tasteless and almost no vegetables. Shocking. I assure you I'll never go back. the service was only o.k. Importantly, the server did not notice that I left virtually my entire dish uneaten.