830 SW 6th Avenue
Portland, OR 97204Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.portoterra.com/
- Phone: (503) 944-1090
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 6:30am - 12pm, Lunch: All Days: 11:00am - 5pm Dinner: All Days: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Marissa Burback
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Porto Terra
Come visit us for an inviting experience featuring regional Italian cuisine with a Northwest flair. You will enjoy a vast wine selection from the Northwest and Italy. Our entire staff looks forward to making your meal a memorable one.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Porto Terra - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Porto Terra reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (5)good for groups (4)neighborhood gem (3)special occasion (3)vibrant bar scene (2)romantic (2)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Good DowntownAlanDined on 11/22/2014good reasonably priced downtown - they had a large? group just off the main dining room which made the background noise rather high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ItalianHappytoreviewDined on 11/3/2014Nice Italian food. The "bite size" desserts were more like full size desserts. Scary how big the regular desserts might be. Nice idea for those dessert lovers.Special Features:
- Great for breakfastShaka7Dined on 11/1/2014Only had breakfast here, but it was very good, with great taste for everything I tried.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great breakfast place!Shaka7Dined on 10/30/2014The Hilton has two locations diagonally across the street from each other. This is by far the best. Very tasty food, very good service. Really enjoyed the breakfasts we had there.
- Impressive customer serviceDrDaveMauiVIPDined on 10/26/2014Service at breakfast (6 in a row) and dinner was excellent, professional and friendly. Gerry offered us to-go cups and boxes without asking at breakfast. He remembered our preferences every day. When the kitchen was out of Dungeness crab, he went across the street to make sure that we got it for our Eggs Benedict. At dinner, Nathan went above and beyond to assure us an exceptional and pleasurable experience; customer service par excellence. Both made us want to return, despite all the great dining options we had to choose from in Portland. We particularly liked the autumn kale salad with pumpkin and sweet potato. These professionals made our first visit to Portland very warm and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service & good foodDinnerDivaDined on 10/2/2014We enjoyed our dining experience prior to a theatre event. Service was really good and the wine flight, salad and pasta were all very good!Special Features:
- Surprisingly good4timmensDined on 9/23/2014Was a little worried that it would simply be overpriced hotel food. It is spendy but the food is delicious!Special Features:
- Great food, slow servicetopratedVIPDined on 9/12/2014The food was very good and the waitstaff very courteous, but the service was very slow. Our 6 year old had a hard time waiting 45 minutes for dinnerSpecial Features:
- The following 189 reviews are from the Porto Terra reviews archive.
- Superb!!!!lovetodineVIPDined on 7/26/2014We are local Portlanders and decided to try Porta Terra for the first time since it was located near the theater we were attending that evening. Wow, such freshness and incredible taste to all three of our courses. I highly recommend the fresh Alaskan Halibut!!!! Plus the service was impeccable!!!! We will definitely be returning often to this gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, ok foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/15/2014My wife and I ate here before. The service was very good but the food was pretty boring. She had the gnocci and I had the chicken parmesan. It wasn't bad but we were expecting better quality considering the price.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/22/2014Terrific chef! All the dishes are outstanding. They are also extremely accommodating about dietary needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!GreatDined on 6/20/2014I had one of the best one on one experiences with the staff and food ever! The best menu and knowledgeable staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond Terrible serviceSkifast15Dined on 6/13/2014Wow, this restuarant came in a recommendation and the good was Food great, service awful. Ordered a specialty cocktail for $11 and they served a shot vs a drink. Asked for a new cocktail and said that was what I ordered!
- SuzieDined on 6/2/2014The Tuscan tomato soup was very flavorful. We couldn't stop eyeing our co-worker's Pasta Bolognese.Special Features:
- Nice no hassle mealBobetteVIPDined on 6/1/2014We were there just for a drink and decided to stay for dinner so I used Open Table to reserve for 30 minutes later. Mariyah, our wait staff and bartender was quite good and made a terrific martini. They had gluten free pasta and it was very good. It was a quiet night there and we enjoyed a relaxing dinner.Special Features:
- Food was good, although priceyFoodieDined on 5/24/2014The drink menu and the wine menu were very expensive. The food was good although it was very pricey as well. The service was slow even though the place wasn't packed.Special Features:
- Good food. Great location.97116Dined on 5/11/2014This restaurant is just a few blocks from the Stumptown Stage theatre's, and the Schnitz. It's in the Hilton, so you have to get a room card from the waiter to get in, and the piped in music was horrible and unable to be changed. The waitress very kindly had it turned down for us. The lemon drop and Moscow mule were both mixed perfectly. My Dungeness crab ravioli was really good, and my friend's halibut was huge. The halibut was served over garlic mashed potatoes, with asparagus tips, grapefruit sections, and grape tomatoes. She said it was amazing. My bread pudding was ginormous, and made out of croissants. Holy cow, was it good! My friend had the orange marscapone tart with dark chocolate and pine nut brittle. It looked amazing also.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely a hotel restaurantcurwenVIPDined on 5/9/2014We ate here a couple of days ago. The food was pretty good, the service not so - nothing wrong with it but a bit indifferent rather than bad. I was a bit surprised when our drinks were served from a tray with drinks for a couple of other tables. We'd been in one of Portland's pubs a day earlier and there the server brought drinks for 3 or 4 tables on one tray - that's fine in a pub but not at an establishment that purports to be a fine dining restaurant. The whole place has the feel of a hotel restaurant trying to be an Italian restaurant and doesn't quite succeed. The bar had a better feel - probably try drinks and pupus there if we come again.
- A hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/16/2014Porto Terra is a hotel restaurant that gets overlooked, but the chef is excellent and the service consistently good. We have become regulars!Special Features:
- Pre-symphony menululuDined on 4/13/2014Four ladies came for the pre-symphony special and all of us thought it was just great. Three selections for entrees (two tried and both delicious) and the service was very good. We definitely will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a lovely breakfastVissidarteVIPDined on 3/30/2014and the atmosphere was just right: Calm and quiet with a lovely buffet and good service!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Good ChoiceIreneDined on 3/29/2014We always enjoy our meal at Porto Terra. The food is carefully prepared and nicely presented. The service is attentive, and the noise level permits easy conversation.Special Features:
- Our first time was just amazing!VissidarteVIPDined on 3/29/2014Great service, great atmosphere and wonderful food all graciously served with the allotted time before the opera! It's a true gem with tables spaced far apart 2 allow private conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A sleeperReaderDined on 3/15/2014I am always amazed that this restaurant isn't more crowded. It is truly one of the best Italian restaurants downtown. Entrees, salads, all big, good and at a reasonable price. Try the pasta dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wasn't What I Was Expectingrjfisher58Dined on 2/15/2014Since we brought our own bottle of wine, they were attentive to get it open and poured for us. However, we didn't see our server at our table for 20 minutes after that. The menu displayed on the Open Table website and the one I was presented at the restaurant were like night and day. I received about half the menu options that I saw on OT and because of dietary restrictions, I only 2 choices my wife only had one. I would go back again however, I would not base my restaurant selection weighted heavily on the menu I see on OT.Special Features:
- V-day date nightDateniteDined on 2/14/2014My 36 week pregnant wife and I really enjoyed our experience! We were greeted with a smile at the door and sat in the first 3 minutes of arrival. Our server was fantastic as well as our dinner. I recommend the crab cakes, they are phenomenal. We will be telling our friends about Porto Terra as well as bring my out of state in-laws in for dinner. Very happy to have found this restaurant on this site!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and ambiancePuppetDined on 2/14/2014Great service and ambiance during my valentine dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Quality could be BetterHayleyDined on 2/14/2014Overall I enjoyed my meal here, but I don't think I will be returning because the food quality was not up to par with the price. First off, by the time my cheese plate arrived the two pieces of bread they gave me were gone, leaving nothing to spread the brie-style cheese on. My salad was delicious but my boyfriend's was far too bitter. I ordered the scallops for the second course and they were far too large and chewy - not soft and delicate at all. He ordered the veal which was a LOT (too much) meat. The servers were very kind but service was spotty. It took a long time for them to ask us if we were ready to order, and I often didn't have the correct silverware. It was a nice place for a date, but I think we'll try something new next time.Special Features:
- Valentine's DinnerDluanneCDined on 2/14/2014Went for Valentine's Day dinner and had the "yours, mine & ours" 5 course meal. While the first and second course were delicious and the salads were ok, both the main dishes were overly salted and the chocolate cake for desert was dry. My son makes a better cake from scratch than this! Also, for a romantic dinner, I felt the server rushed the courses. Probably won't go back.Special Features:
- Delicious!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/10/2014Exceptional dining experience. Great menu options for vegetarian and meat eaters alike. Great service and atmosphere!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was slow - took aOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/18/2014service was slow - took a long time to take the order and for the food to come and to get the check. there were tables around that came after us that got their food, paid and left before us. food was ok not great. ambience was good
- Christmas TraditionwesdocDined on 12/22/2013This is the fourth year we have celebrated a Christmas outing with our grandkids. Porto Terra never disappoints. Service and food are excellent.Special Features:
- foodswampdogDined on 12/20/2013presentation was lovely. Duck confit a little salty but cooked very well, pureed cauliflower with the best brussel sprouts I've ever had topped with sweet potato ribbons. Would definitely go again, the bar food that was going by looked good also - seems like a nice place to stop in after shopping.Special Features:
- Good, not great; would try againToboVIPDined on 12/14/2013We had some issues with the food being over salted and since we were early, a little slow on attention from the waiter (perhaps a change in shift?), but they did remake the over salted pasta, and we LOVED the salad (beets and faro) and warm bread. I think we just hit them at the wrong moment; so definitely would go again before deciding if this is unusual or typical. I suspect it is an excellent restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hotel FoodernieDined on 12/7/2013Overall not bad. Service was a little slow. If they want customers other than hotel guests they should consider validating parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very poor serviceDisappointedDined on 12/7/2013Short story is service was extremely slow. Never received some of the food we ordered and were charged for. When we asked for help we were told our server was busy with a much larger table.
- Thanksgiving bustJanRDined on 11/28/2013Based on Open Table reviews, our party of 4 decided to try their special fixed price Thanksgiving dinner. When we arrived, we waited and waited for someone to greet and seat us. Other employees apologized that they didn't know where an appropriate person was and they couldn't seat us. Two of us chose the turkey option and two the lamb option. Excellent bread with tapenade was served. Our wilted spinach salads arrived swimming in dressing - too bad because the cheese was tasty and the fruit added crunch. After a very long time our entrees arrived very lukewarm. The turkey was drizzled with gloppy gravy and very dry dressing. The lamb was unevenly carved with end pieces that one might use for stew after removing excess fat and gristle. Ugg.
- Good for groups.NomadDined on 11/16/2013I had made a reservation for a party of 15-20 and the restaurant was very accommodating. They called me twice to confirm which is really nice. The waitress was sweet and they all made sure we had the correct silverware for our meals. I've eaten here twice and both times were with a large group of people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gemTigardTDined on 11/6/2013Who knew that a great restaurant could be found in a hotel? Excellent cuisine, great service and a great location.Special Features:
- TimelinesymphonydinerDined on 11/2/2013We wanted a very nice dinner prior to attending the Symphony. The hostess and waitress were aware of what time we needed to be at the symphony and accommodated our needs, so we were able to enjoy great wine and a wonderful meal and still make it to the symphony on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.