Porto Bello Restaurant and Bar
156 Shrewsbury Street
Worcester, MA 01604Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Porto Bello Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.portobellorestaurant156.com/
- Phone: 5087539865
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Porto Bello Restaurant and Bar
Italy is the inspiration for all we do at Porto Bello, from our menu creations to our imported wines and desserts. When your at Porto Bello, you feel like your in Italy. At Porto Bello we bring you the same wonderful experiences we grew up on, from our warm Italian hospitality, to the authentic aromas in our Kitchen; to our flavorful, homemade recipes passed down for more than four generations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Porto Bello Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- They took our reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/19/2013They took our reservation but were not open. I am in Western MA and was meeting up with others from Eastern MA and when we got there the restaurant was closed. This is very bad.
- Outstanding food!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013I took my girlfriend to Porto Bello's for Valentines day. This was my first time here and I took it on a friends recommendation that the food was good. First off, it's a small place which adds to the ambience. There wasnt an open table in the dining room and it was still perfectly quiet there which was very nice. As far as atmosphere, it's nice, not designer chic, but nice. The menu selection was great, just enough on the menu to give you something for everyone. Prices were a little high however the food was OUTSTANDING. I ordered the Dolomite, my girlfriend ordered seafood/pasta dish with a red pepper sauce...Both were INCREDIBLE....I'd go here again any day of the week!Special Features:
- Worst Experience of My LifeOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/22/2012On Sat Dec 22 I attempted to have dinner at Porto Bello restaurant in Worcester, MA. When my haddock arrived, it exuded a strong fishy smell and had been prepared with too much salt. Trying to be polite, I told the waitress (who I believe was the owner) that the dish “wasn’t for me”, and asked for something else. Instead of removing the fish and bringing a menu, she reprimanded me at length: e.g., I was “wasting a perfectly beautiful piece of fish—no one in the history of the restaurant has ever said anything bad about this fish!". Then she stomped into the kitchen and began loudly criticizing me to the staff. I have never been treated like this or seen anyone treated like this in a restaurant. Avoid this place like the plague.
- It took 15 minutes beforetmacDined on 12/15/2012It took 15 minutes before anyone even acknowledged we were there. The wait continued once we were seated. Apparently only one person was serving as the hostess and waitress. She did her best but she was basically rude (becoming argumentatve over an item on the menu) and unattentive. Food was okay but for $16-$25 a plate it was not worth it.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012We arrived on a Saturday night and were promptly seated. The server was friendly, efficient and knowledgeable. The food was outstanding. Large flavorful portions. The tomato sauce was one of the best I've tasted. The room was small and intimate but quiet and comfy. I would definitely recommend it.
- We had a very nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2012We had a very nice dinner at Porto Bello a rare night out for us without kids. We were early at 5:30 it was pretty empty which was nice. We had a nice quiet dinner the bruschetta was yummy and we both had different veal dishes both good. We will definitely go back again.
- The food was very good. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/27/2012The food was very good. The service and experiene was bizare. The waitress was extremely rude. The party at the table next to us left because of her. I have not seen that before. She was yelling at kids (6 year olds) at the table behind us. She was obviously having an off night. There are plenty of restaurants on Shewrsbury street in Worchester & we will not be back.
- The food and ambience weresouthofbostonfoodieDined on 10/27/2012The food and ambience were just fair. I would not go back again.
- Look past the building and decor...bill33oVIPDined on 8/18/2012The outside is run down looking. Once inside, it looks as if they are getting ready to move..not a great impression. We sat in the room to the right of the bar and it was decorated just okay. I don't like eating on bare wood tables...they should consider pretty linen placemats (red-checkered even?) or at least paper they can remove and throw away. However, our server was wonderful, very attentive and pleasant. For the appetizer we had the mussels in white wine sauce and they were delectable and DO NOT miss the Marscapone (chef's best) dish - it was outstanding. We also had a unique version of chicken saltimbocca which was delicious as well (I would've preferred risotto instead of rice). Overall, it is the food that stands out here!Special Features:
- Good food, passable, but nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2012Good food, passable, but nothing memorable. Service a little rushed, not much ambiance. Overall a decent meal, but pricey.
- I always enjoy dining at PortoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2012I always enjoy dining at Porto Bello. It's one of my favorite restaurants in Worcester!Special Features:
- Restaurant could use someOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/30/2012Restaurant could use some updating, and the service had much to be desired. The food was good though.
- The pasta is Homemade! whenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2012The pasta is Homemade! when i can taste that flour,oh boy you won my heart:)))Special Features:
- I have always enjoyed theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/23/2012I have always enjoyed the food here as well as the atmosphere. This evening the restaurant was empty and although the waitress was very nice, we felt very rushed. Love the Mascarpone pasta sauce but not sure we'll go back.