Portland Seafood Co. - Washington Square
9699 SW Washtington Square Road
Tigard, OR 97223Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Portland Seafood Co. - Washington Square
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.portlandseafoodcompany.com/
- Phone: (503) 620-3474
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 7:00pm
Our Washington Square location is attached to the back side of the mall parallel to Greenburg Road.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Andrew Thomas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Portland Seafood Co. - Washington Square
At Portland Seafood Company, we serve up dock fresh, simply prepared, big flavored meals that beg to be eaten with bare hands and good company. Our specialties range from one-pound Dungeness crab buckets to freshly shucked oysters, to the most mouthwatering fish & chips in the Pacific Northwest. It's the seafood dishes you love, in ways you've never tasted. We're committed to high quality ingredients and sustainable seafood. Our relaxed, dockside warehouse vibe invites stories, laughter, and promises a tap that won't run dry.In fact, our Happy Hour offers discounts on local draft beer and seven cocktails handcrafted with the freshest ingredients, twice daily; from 3-6pm and 8pm until close and all day on Sundays. So grab your neighbors and come celebrate. Your local fish joint has arrived.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Portland Seafood Co. - Washington Square reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (10)kid-friendly (8)great for lunch (6)neighborhood gem (6)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (2)great for brunch (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Good food, Great ambiancefeelgoodDined on 11/15/2014We enjoyed dinner , the ambiance & service were greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experience has been better in the past.caronVIPDined on 11/12/2014Wife had lunch with a girlfriend. Service was just okay. The server was slow and it took a very long time for our food to get to us. He acted like he was new at his job. Didn't pay attention to refill on the drinks, but did ask if there was anything else he could do for us. We asked for refills on the drinks and he only brought one drink back to the table. Have had super service in the past, but not this time. This didn't make sense as the restaurant was practically empty. This is a disappointment since this is one of my wife's favorite restaurants in the mall. All in all, the food was good, service was not that great, but we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing!oregonianDined on 10/29/2014I went here for my birthday for a family dinner. The service was great and atmosphere was just perfect. I also liked the online reservation options which made things easier and quicker. Of course service wasn't perfect.. Often forgot to ask us for refills and or portions of our kids meals. Overall the service was so great and people were so friendly that none of that bothered us at all! I wish the place stayed open a little later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish and ChipsFishNChipsDined on 10/2/2014Every Thursday they have fish and chips with coleslaw for only $6.95. You can't beat the price. A bunch of our friends meet there each week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- average averagePANDPVIPDined on 9/30/2014why bother. while happy hour was nice, the dinner was really subpar; greasy food and pathetic preparations.
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Food was expensive for the quality and we will not return. Ambiance and location were lackingSpecial Features:
- Thursday fish and chip specialgdmaJCDined on 9/4/2014Not widely advertised but there is an excellent deal every Thursday with a 3-piece cod fish and fries for 1/2 price! We also enjoyed the complementary warm bread/butter, and ordered the artichoke/crab dip and marion berry pie ala mode to share. The main dining room was a bit too cold for the kids so the staff obliged us by moving our party of 7 to the adjacent sun room which was much warmer and quieter too. Excellent service except we should have ordered the entrees to be served asap instead of waiting until after the appetizer was served. The kids ages 4 and 6 had a hard time waiting for their food to be served even though crayons and a sheet with kid games was provided.Special Features:
- Always hits the spotPeriwinklealiceDined on 8/31/2014Good seafood at fairly reasonable prices. Great place for families - seating is roomy and there's always something everyone will enjoy. Our "go-to" family celebration place. "Even better if" the garlic green beans are great but have been getting progressively oilier as have a few other items on list. Luckily you have the option of ordering "plain." Would also love to see smaller dessert options. Desserts are always very good and HUGE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/1/2014After a long day of travel we needed to get dinner. I read the description on Open Table and it sounded like PSC was a quaint and casual seafood restaurant. When we arrived we realized it was more of a fast food chain. We ordered the shrimp and crab cocktail which was reasonably fresh, but totally lacked flavor as it was served with about a half teaspoon of cocktail sauce. The fish and chips were fried and very oily. The best dish we ordered was a turkey sandwich.
- The following 101 reviews are from the Portland Seafood Co. - Washington Square reviews archive.
- Good seafood at reasonable prices.GatorJohnVIPDined on 7/14/2014Don't be put off by the location...in the rear of a shopping center. Nothing fancy, but the flavors of the seafood shone here. We rarely have razor clams on menus in California, so it was a special treat to have them.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time NOT the charmMang0327Dined on 7/12/2014Ordered honey brine pork...first time came out overly charred (they even flipped it over to try and hide it)...next time it came out raw...ended up ordering the steak so they could get it right! And add to that...THEY DIDN'T EVEN COMP THE MEAL!!!! Won't be returning.
- One morechanceJeffVIPDined on 7/3/2014This is the second time I've had their special fish and chip. The first time they were greasy so I thought I would give then another chance. Well, they were greasy again. I won't go back again.
- DeliciousBusyfamilyDined on 6/29/2014I told my husband if we watched one more episode of Deadliest Catch he'd have to take me out for crab! The seafood was delicious! We took our three children, ages 5, 9, & 11. They really enjoyed trying several things on the appetizer sampler and ended up eating most of my crab, shrimp, clams and other dinner items. We will definitely be back for some King Crab!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good valuecrazydave3VIPDined on 6/26/2014Great seafood specials. Quality of food is very good for the price. Service varies with whoever waits on your table. Everyone is friendly but not everyone is experienced. All said I like going there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a Great Father's Day Lunch!FrankDined on 6/15/2014The clam chowder was excellent. Great place for lunch while visiting Washington Square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great afternoonDisappointedDined on 6/14/2014The food and service were outstanding as usual. We will return in the near future.Special Features:
- Always great!MeMeVIPDined on 6/6/2014The staff really care, and the food is always fresh. The wait staff are attentive, but not overbearing! Overall, always a pleasant experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaterWaterDined on 5/15/2014We were seated quickly as there were few people in the restaurant. We chose to sit outside on a sunny day. Upon sitting, a bus came and idled nearby, sending exhaust into the air. Our server immediately came and took our drink order, brought our drink order, and then took our food order. He returned with bread and a cup of chowder with crackers already in it (the business assumes I want crackers). After, we waited and I ate my chowder and my family drank soda, lemonade, and water. The cup of chowder was overly buttery and salty. Then we waited, and waited. We all finished our drinks and no one checked on us. I would say we were alone for ten to fifteen minutes. Our overly salty fries and food came as did water via manager.
- Delicious lunch!ILuvFoodDined on 5/11/2014We took my mother (she's 89!) there for Mother's Day. The Mother's Day brunch menu was rather limited, so we ordered from the regular menu. Just as at the Mall 205 location, the food was scrumptious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish and ChipsJeffVIPDined on 5/8/2014They kept sending me an email about their Thursday special fish and chips for $6.95. After getting the last email I decided to go and try them. The food was only average and the fish was a little greasy. I don't recommend you order it. The only thing good about it was the price.
- outstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/25/2014Our server helped make our dining experience memorable. Service was friendly and attentive and it seemed she really enjoyed her job! Its been a long time since I have had a server so engaging and committed to her job! The food was very good as well. Everything was fresh and well seasoned and had great flavor.Special Features:
- Very good food!thayerbear0Dined on 4/11/2014We enjoyed our meal there and would recommend it to our friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been betterDeniseDined on 3/26/2014It's been better. Service was a little slow. Sometimes that happens. My husbands food was not well done. He got the surfs and turf. Everything looked very well done. New cook? Or rushed cook. My six year old fish was soggy. In a note the floors were slippery. My six year old slipped and fell. I noticed someone else commented on floors too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch Get-AwaypacgirlVIPDined on 3/12/2014Always enjoy our lunches at your restaurant. Good seafood and friendly staff.Special Features:
- This place is family friendly.vatheDined on 3/1/2014This place is family friendly. The food is absolutely delicious and the price is very affordable for a big family. The waitress was very attentive,very friendly and knowledgeable in her recommendation. We will be going back there soon.Special Features:
- I ordered oysters. When theychuckDined on 2/26/2014I ordered oysters. When they arrived they were so heavely crusted Icould not taste the oysters plus there were four oysters the rest were bits and pieces. My wife ordered a glass of house chardenay wine whitch we were charged 9.50 for.. advised the waiter of the oyster situation and he did bring me another serving , whitch were passable. when I advised him of my thoughts on the wine price he made up some story about the adding machine making a mistlake. overall it made for a rather unpleasant experience and we will not be malking a return visit
- Food Was GoodMMGMBBDined on 2/14/2014The food wwas really good, but they were out of a lot of menu items by the time 8:00 rolled around. To be fair it was Valentine's Day!Special Features:
- Sigh...not what we were expecting.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Sigh...not what we were expecting. First we waited in the bar and had cocktails. It took a full 10 min before anyone would take our order. Worst drinks I've ever had - who uses low-brow bourbon to make a Manhattan? God they were terrible. But on to a nice dinner, right? Ordered a couple of glasses of wine - one Cabernet and one Pinot Noir - both good labels. The wine tasted like the bottles had been uncorked for two days. Then the table next to us was waiting for a very long time for their food. Turns out the server gave their food to the table next to them. Meanwhile our food was extremely slow to arrive. When I wanted a different wine with dinner, the server didn't return for at least 20 min. The food was completely mediocre.
- Won't be back.TwinTurboDined on 2/14/2014Management needs to a better job of planning ahead. First my crab stuffed salmon (which actually wasn't stuffed, just crab plopped top of salomon) was under cooked. Then while we were waiting forever for our dessert, all I heard from ever waitress around was how overwhelmed the kitchen was. It was Valentine's day, you know it is going to be busy. If the management had done their job, I would be writing a positive review instead of negative one.
- Valentine's DaydragondiningDined on 2/14/2014I would visit this restaurant again as we love the food. Would I do it for a special occasion again? No. The reason being it is hard to have a romantic dinner when your dining neighbors are less than 18" from you and no barriers. You can hear everything thing they are saying and vice versa. You can even smell their meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night outLuv2eatDined on 2/14/2014From the friendly welcome to the pleasant end we were very impressed. The only complaint was the small table. I imagine we could have asked for a larger table though. Fried prawns were crunchy, hot, tasty and not too sweet, but I absolutely loved the coleslaw. Best I've ever tasted but upon asking found out the recipe is a family secret. Crab topping on the steak made me wish I could fill my plate with more crab. The potato cakes were very tasty and mildly spicy. The salmon with the surf and turf was moist and flavorful. Steak OK but I preferred the prime rib which was very good. We were too full for dessert but couldn't resist and had creme brûlée which was very good. Spanish coffee to end the meal. We will definitely return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always!MeMeVIPDined on 2/12/2014I appreciate the food and the service. The staff are happy and friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Closed due to weather.StillHungryDined on 2/8/2014Fortunately they called and left a message that they would not be open due to the snow. We celebrated my birthday at Twigs instead.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/21/2014During our lunch business meeting, we were not only able to complete our agenda, but also enjoy excellent food. Loved it and will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stuffed Salmon!!!!OftenGuestVIPDined on 1/19/2014The stuffed salmon was outstanding! We had the spinach with it instead of the green beans. Those young spinach leaves were w were roasted to perfection.Special Features:
- Met for a holiday lunch, restaurantnoholidayDined on 1/3/2014Met for a holiday lunch, restaurant not crowded, server was friendly. Food was terrible, almost warm, more fat in the french dip than meat. Won't go back.
- a seafood "wow"!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/2/2014PSC delivered powerful flavors- and didn't limit them to the main attraction. The sides were equally as scrumptious as the seafood. If you're counting calories or sodium grams, take note. ... delicious but you'll have to scrimp the next day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseSmittietheFoodieDined on 12/28/2013The Portland Seafood Company was a last-minute alternative for a birthday gathering, but it turned out for the best. Since it was located in the mall and relatively uncrowded, I was expecting mediocre food mediocre service at best. Myself and the group I was with were pleasantly surprised when dished after dish that they brought out tasted incredible. Our server, Shane, was pleasant, accommodating, and very attentive ensuring that our every request was answered in a timely manner and was correct. I'm very glad we discovered this little gem. We will definitely be going back there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food wonderful servicegaryDined on 12/28/2013good food wonderful service the location was perfect being in the mallSpecial Features:
- Outstanding Halibut Fish and ChipsOftenGuestVIPDined on 12/23/2013This is one of the few restaurants in the Portland area , no matter how expensive, that serves halibut fish and chips. They are excellent, and the fish is fresh. Their cole slaw is very tasty, too. Today the bread was just from the over hot, too. Ab excellent meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.