Portland Seafood Co. - Mall 205
9722 SE Washington Street
Portland, OR 97216Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Portland Seafood Co. - Mall 205
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://portlandseafoodcompany.com/
- Phone: (503) 255-2722
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
Sunday All Day Happy Hour
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: AJ Thomas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Call the Dining Coordinator
- Private Party Facilities: Portland Seafood Company Mall 205 features a 30 guest capacity casual glass room ideal for private parties and medium sized social gatherings. If interested in booking larger parties then contact our Private Dining Coordinator.
- Private Party Contact: Cherelle Grant 5032552722x
- Entertainment: Our relaxed, dockside warehouse vibe invites stories, laughter, and promises a tap that won"t run dry. In fact, our Happy Hour offers beer, wine and seven cocktails handcrafted with the freshest ingredients, twice daily, from 3-6pm and 8 until close/ All Day on Sundays. So grab your neighbors and come celebrate. Your local fish joint has arrived.
- Special Events: Special Menu will be offered for Holdiays
A word from Portland Seafood Co. - Mall 205
At Portland Seafood Company, we serve up dock fresh, simply prepared, big flavored meals that beg to be eaten with bare hands and good company. Our specialties range from one-pound Dungeness crab buckets to freshly shucked oysters, to the most mouthwatering fish & chips in the Pacific Northwest. It's the seafood dishes you love, in ways you've never tasted. We're committed to high quality ingredients and sustainable seafood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Portland Seafood Co. - Mall 205 - Best Restaurants in Southeast Portland ›
Portland Seafood Co. - Mall 205 reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (17)great for lunch (15)fit for foodies (13)neighborhood gem (10)kid-friendly (9)good for groups (9)romantic (4)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)notable wine list (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Every time I'm here it's has been great-OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Good food- the only downside was the halibut fish and chips. The halibut had a coconut batter which was tasty but paired with sweet chili sauce and sweet potato fries it felt more like dessert than an entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceMikeSVIPDined on 11/16/2014What an amazing time we had! Service was outstanding and both managers went out of there way to make sure we were enjoying our experience. Can't wait to come back again. Even though we live in the Clackamas area this location is less than 10 minutes away and right off the freeway. Thanks again. See you soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous meals and great service for a party of 10SatisfiedInSeattleDined on 11/8/2014We don't live in the Portland area and chose the Portland Seafood Co as a location where we could host a party of eight and then later expanded the reservation to 10. The restaurant was accommodating and several in the party had dietary restrictions which were also met. I selected that night's special, Halibut with a pesto sauce, which was delicious. The friends we dined with all commented positively on both the service and their meals. Fabulous experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014I love your menu and service...I take my mom to Mall 205 almost weekly and we both enjoy the quality of the meal. The only suggestion I have is that the atmosphere is cold. I truly enjoyed the Newport Bay design far more than Portland SeafoodSpecial Features:
- GroupOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Took my wedding group to Portland seafood after the ceremony. Food and service was okay. I probably would not choose it againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeLove2eatoutDined on 10/17/2014We enjoyed great meals and then we were given freedom to stay a talk around the table - this was great and very much appreciated! Wonderful service as well!Special Features:
- Terrible foodDavidRS4VIPDined on 9/27/2014We left after appetizers. Their soup was almost inedible, the shrimp cocktail tasted like it was previously frozen and they could not do grilled calamari. They did it sauté the calamari and it was still bad. About even with Red Lobster - maybe worse.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed both the great food and the great service at Portland Seafood Co. We felt welcomed and there was no pressure to hurry. It was the best halibut I have eaten and others in the party enjoyed their selections also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable night out for my familyRGF4mealDined on 9/11/2014The service was friendly and accept for an additional Ketchup request that was forgotten, was prompt with regular check backs. We were there to enjoy the fish n chips special. I enjoyed the flavor of the fish, but I felt it was somewhat overcooked. It lacked solidness in the texture, or was slightly on the soft side. I am guessing that this may have been due to the fact that it was on special, so it's popularity likely led to lower quality control. However, it was not so poor that I would not return for the same dish, as the special made it very reasonably priced. All in all I enjoyed the meal, the food and the service, as well as the layout of the restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good serviceloveitalianDined on 9/10/2014We booked a table for ten to accomodate out of town guests. They had a decent table for us away from others, good thing as we were noisy! The server was very attentive never intrusive and had an amazing memory. We really enjoyed our family get together. The food was fresh and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FIT FOR A 99TH BIRTHDAY PARTY;fillmyplate2Dined on 9/7/2014DINING AT PORTLAND SEAFOOD CO., WAS A PROCESS OF ELIMINATIONS, DUE TO OTHER PARTIES FOR THE SAME PERSON AND FOOD PREFERENCE FOR THE FIVE OF US EATING IN PORTLAND. TWO WERE FROM PORTLAND, TWO FROM SALEM, AND ONE FROM KEIZER. OF COURSE THERE WERE ENOUGH SELECTIONS ON THE MENU FOR EVERYBODY TO MAKE A GOOD CHOICE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish Lover's ParadiseDinermaxVIPDined on 9/4/2014If you love fish done to perfection and a great price this is the place. The service is great and prices are reasonable. You will be glad that you went there.Special Features:
- Lovely 11th Wedding Anniversary!NomNomNanaDined on 8/8/2014The service was as usual, excellent Appetizer and drinks promptly served and the timing for our our dinner was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As AdvertisedColinDined on 8/3/2014I looked up PSC on Tripadvisor and Yelp and the reviews gave a favorable impression. As such my family and I decided to try it and it did not disappoint. The food for my family's tastes was excellent, every dish was well enjoyed. Prices are fair for fresh seafood on the West Coast. I'd definitely come back.Special Features:
- AverageKevinDined on 8/2/2014Nothing special here - typical seafood restaurant. More adult atmosphere than Red Lobster and the like. They're trying to be fancy with the menu, but it's pretty standard for a slightly expensive seafood restaurant. I was disappointed by the limited menu selection. Overall, a more adult Red Lobster. If you're looking for something truly exceptional, drive downtown and go to The Ringside Fish House.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish & Chips SupremeSomethingfishygoingonDined on 7/31/2014The Thursday Special $6.95 Fish & Chips has us taken in. It is unbelievably good. The service is always the best and the food is also. We are telling our friends to try it out.Special Features:
- The following 141 reviews are from the Portland Seafood Co. - Mall 205 reviews archive.
- DisappointingFlavorPleaseDined on 7/23/2014Service was very good and I would have given them five stars if my wine been served in a dirty glass. My two guests and I agreed, the food was as dull as the decor. The exception was the coleslaw, best I've ever tasted but not enough to encourage me to return.
- Exceptional flavors A+ serviceGuyWithAFishInHisPocketDined on 7/22/2014All food at Portland Seafood is delicately flavored and expertly prepared. Fish is perfectly cooked, neither under nor over. You never have to worry about a fish being rubbery, overdone. Non-seafood entrees are perfect. Steaks cooked medium-rare are really medium-rare, not "eh, sorta pink, close enough". In the blue cheese and pear salad, the lettuce, dressing, cheese, pears, and nuts were all A+ fresh and perfect. The other thing that really sets them apart are the vegetables. Wow. Cooked string beans that still have flavor and snap to them! Service: They check on you often. The host checks up that the waiters have been attending to you. Waiters are smart, pleasant, know the dishes. Prices are fair for this level of quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was a bummer....AlwayseatingoutVIPDined on 7/21/2014Made a reservation for a friend and her mother. After reading all the reviews and looking at the menu, I thought this was the perfect spot for their last dinner in Portland before returning home to Milwaukee. I was messaged by my friend during their wait that it had been 45min waiting just for their appetizer. After finally receiving it she said the calamari was delicious but the service was poor. I was really bummed hearing this as I was expecting so much more from the eatery that has received such good markings.Special Features:
- RedvettchickDined on 7/13/2014Our table was ready & waiting, the food & service was fabulous, as well as the drinks, and the servers were very attentive! Will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2014The waiter was very knowledgeable and courteous. He always made sure we had what we needed. The simpler food dishes were better than the more complicated dishes. Less is certainly more.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent excellent foodSandiDined on 7/5/2014Had a guest from Seattle so came here for dinner; food was excellent, got rave reviews from our guest. The garlic greenbeans were perfect--not too crisp, not limp, just right. The baby potatoes side were wonderful. Our entrees were perfectly cooked (razor clams, Oregon sole, Alaskan stuffed salmon), tasty, appealing to look at. Very nice waitperson and staff. Thanks.Special Features:
- dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014The service was decent but not exceptional. The food was the same, but I always compare fish to that out of the Seattle area which is a bit unfair. but still everything was fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast and FriendlyDinermaxVIPDined on 7/2/2014This restaurant service was hitting on all cylinders. The service was great and food was very tasty presented well. Generous portions mad for a great afternoon or late night snack.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfulchurchgroup7Dined on 6/29/2014We had a wonderful dinner the a wonderful server. The seven of us were at a round table and it was wonderful to be able to just sit and visit.Special Features:
- gladdiningsDined on 6/24/2014Dinner with relatives from Colorado. Food and service were both great. Richard took very good care of us. I always enjoy coming here and this is my favorite place for seafood in Portland. I love the casual atmosphere and the reasonable prices. Also, there is something for everyone on the menu.Special Features:
- Happy Fathers DayEricrules42Dined on 6/15/2014My kid and wife took me to the Portland Seafood Co. for fathers day,and it was fantastic. I feel like the price of our dinner was well worth it, the food was spectacular,and the service was top-notch! Highly recommended! The crab boil I had was an amazing food experience. Also worth noting-my wife is not the biggest seafood fan, and there were plenty of options for her, and my eight year old loved the fish and chipsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great ServicegladdiningsDined on 6/15/2014Had Fathers Day lunch here and it was great. Ordered fish and chips and ended up taking half of it home because the portions were so large. This is one of the reasons I come back over and over. I think of this as my "special place" where I can go, eat as much as I want and be pampered by the servers. Joey is very attentive and helpful. You really get your money's worth here, especially if you make it for happy hour in the afternoon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- drop and gomikeDined on 6/14/2014Service was barely adequate. Drop your food and go. We would have appreciated being checked on since a few basics like missing forks, another glass of wine and this isn't what I ordered were going on. Food was good. Prices were very reasonable. But would it kill you to hire a couple more servers?Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Our server, Rebecca (I believe), was excellent - we had a group of 8 very jovial and sometimes noisy folks reuniting from several locales. She was friendly, cheerful, accommodating, prompt, and memorable. The food was very good. I would suggest you change the menu more often, including the wine list by the glass. We were happy you had a special Father's Day menu, and the dads were very excited to receive a Dad gift card -- thank you!Special Features:
- ComingbackDined on 6/11/2014I was very disappointed that our waiter, Joey 39230, apparently did not sync my "Eat, Drink, and Earn" card because I have no record of points gained from the $127.92 total spent. I hope this can still be achieved. I submitted the card with my credit card when paying. The food and service was fabulous--as always! I love bringing out of town visitors to this restaurant, as well as people for my work appointments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not greatmcmealsDined on 6/8/2014This was our second time eating at the Mall 205 location. We had gone specifically for the 'fresh' razor clams only to find that the razor clams on the regular menu were the only ones available. They were definitely not fresh - frozen but not tough and well cooked. The green beans were overpower by the lemon on them and in general most offerings at Portland Seafood are over seasoned. Probably won't return as it's quite a drive for us.Special Features:
- Expected fresh seafood.Unimpressed52014Dined on 5/30/2014Ordered the combo appetizer, bay shrimp smelled close to being spoiled and liquid pooled in bottom of dip. The stuffed salmon was hardly stuffed, the fish and chips were extremely greasy and soggy. On a good note the sole was ok. Very disappointed. Service was real good.
- Thursday Fish & Chips SpecialMpeonyDined on 5/29/2014Five of us, from two and a half to 67, enjoyed the selections on the Thursday night menu which includes the three piece Alaskan cod batter dipped fish dinner with coleslaw and fries. We paid under $40 and enjoyed excellent service. Even on very busy Thursday nights Open Table helped us get seated promptly with only a minimal wait as we were early. Thanks Open Table and Portland Seafood Company for another positive dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/13/2014We had great service from the staff at all times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We went for Mother's Day. I specifically checked the "special" menu online prior to making reservations since one person in our party does not like seafood. There was nothing posted for this restaurant regarding any special menu. When we arrived we discovered there was a limited menu, with an extremely overpriced buffet. The buffet had some dishes that were almost empty. Ham was dried out and tough. Chicken was cold. Baked salmon was overcooked and cold. Dessert trays had nothing but crumbs. The orders placed off the limited menu were also disappointing. The portions were small, and people left hungry. We will not be back when all there is to choose from is a brunch, or be recommending this restaurant to others.
- Outstanding ServicelmtdundeeDined on 5/11/2014While we love the food, the thing that really brings us back is the friendly, efficient service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day BrunchMocha12Dined on 5/11/2014Took mom there for mothers day brunch. I understand that breakfast is not a normal breakfast place but the food served on mothers day was terrible. The eggs tasted like cafateria powdered eggs, the pasta salad was hard and crunchy, the hashbrowns were basically plain square fried tiny potato chuncks with no flavor and the sausage tasted cheap and gross. There was even a hair in the first pan of eggs, they quickly changed the pan after we brought it to their attention but my appetite was already ruined after seeing it.Special Features:
- So GladyummyinthetummyDined on 5/10/2014We had noticed Portland Seafood Company( which use to be Newport Grill for some time now. FINALLY decided to visit for a "day before Mother's Day" dinner and boy were we impressed. Fabulous menu, great service, servings just right and YUMMY YUMMY all around. We certainly will be back.Special Features:
- Mother's Day LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/10/2014Had a great lunch at Portland Seafood to celebrate Mother's Day! Mother's received a $15 gift card to use at a later date!Special Features: