121 Southwest Third Ave.
Portland, OR 97204Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://portlandprime.net/
- Phone: 5032236200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4pm - 11pm, Friday: 4pm - 12pm, Saturday: 3pm-12pm, Sunday: 3pm -9pm
Happy hour: Monday-Friday from 3pm-6:30pm Sunday 11:30am-5pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Greg Samples
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The crown jewel of Portland Prime is our Estate Room. An alluringly elegant and spacious private dining facility that captures the already sophisticated ambiance of the restaurant and blends it harmoniously with handsome cedar racks filled with an unsurpassed selection of our finest wines.
- Private Party Contact: Sheena Wituschek 8772370712
- Entertainment: Featuring live Jazz music Thurs 5:30pm - 8:30pm, Fridays 6:30pm - 11:00pm, Saturdays feat. Mel Brown Trio 7:30pm - 11:00pm
A word from Portland Prime
Today's Interpretation of a Traditional Fish, Chop and Steakhouse; Only Portland Prime's recalls the simpler place and time of the Great American Fish, Chop and Steakhouses. Visitors become lifetime guests because Portland Prime's recalls the warmth, memories and flavors they know and love. At Portland Prime, Guests savor their dining experience and enjoy wonderfully reasonable prices as well.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Portland Prime - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Portland Prime reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (65)romantic (46)notable wine list (28)fit for foodies (24)good for groups (22)vibrant bar scene (16)neighborhood gem (14)great for lunch (12)late-night find (7)hot spot (7)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Amazing meal, great environmentjdevgDined on 10/11/2014One of the best meals I had Portland. The steak was amazing, the gratin potatoes were wonderful. Wonderful wine list, wonderful setting. Great place for groups or a romantic dinner for groups or a romantic dinner for two. The service was amazing our waiter was very knowledgeable, charismatic, and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Prime RibCandaceDined on 10/11/2014Our service was great. The waiter was attentive, the wedge salad was delicious and the prime rib was outstanding. We rarely choose a steak house for an evening out. This was a nice surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing foodmmaniyahDined on 10/10/2014Best prime rib ever. Our service was a bit slow when we arrived but then it picked up and was great. Drinks were delicious and everyones food was great. They even brought my husband a piece of cake for his birthday. Very sweetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Night Out Gone SourpacgirlVIPDined on 10/8/2014We have dined here before, the food is always great. BUT our experience with the wait staff was ?????. The server was really off that night, we have had the person before. In the past it was fine, but we had to ask several times "just waiting for the beer we ordered". My husband had two pints of beer and we had to ask each time. We left with a SOUR taste about ever returning there again. NOTE: I always give a restaurant and staff a pass if needed, but spending this amount of money with that poor of service just was SAD.Special Features:
- CONTINUES to be one of the best....TheColonelVIPDined on 10/8/2014......and certainly one of the best steak houses in Portland. Ive eaten here many times and while it is pricy it is well worth it. Our service this visit was impeccable- couldn't ask for better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was incredibleJenngDined on 10/8/2014Definitely would return. The food was great and the service was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatPdxfoodieDined on 10/7/2014I enjoyed the meal. I was celebrating a special occasion (Birthday) and I noted it in the reservation and told the host on our arrival. Nothing was done and I was greatly disappointed. Not even a Happy a Birthday from the server. For the food, we started out with the steak bites that were very good and tender. We had the main filet (cooked a little too rare) and short ribs which were too fatty. It was fine but I would not go back. I would definitely make Meriwrthers or Ruth Chris my first choice.Special Features:
- Great find!KarenDined on 10/3/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at Portland Prime. The dining room was a bit noisy but not enough to spoil our conversation. Decor was stylish and homey, very comfortable. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu and had great suggestions for wine and food. The steak was good and the crab cakes with pineapple relish were awesome. Had to use my fingers to wipe the plate clean of the creme brulee. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Portland's BestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014Each time we visit Portland I take my son to a new steak house. Portland Prime is the best, by far. Outstanding experience on all levels. Service was amazing and the food was perfect.Special Features:
- Great SteakyumpdxDined on 9/27/2014We had a great meal with a wonderful waitress on Saturday evening. The steak was amazingly tender and the brussel sprouts were a good companion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2014We came to dinner on a special occasion which I specified in the open table comments for my husband's birthday. No mention of the birthday at all. When we checked in, the receptionist told me that I did not have a reservation. The rest of our party had already been seated. Open kitchen is a huge distraction, creates terrible noise and you can see the chefs kidding around with each other, like high school. The Lobster Tempura was ghastly, tails were soaked in butter and then deep fried, meat was mushy. The rest of the lobster looked like a BLOB. That was a $41 entree. Service was average, we waited for quite some time for drink refills. The bill for 5 came out to over $300. Do not waste your hard earned money on this bad food.
- Nice Date SpotGregMDined on 9/26/2014The wife and I enjoyed a nice steak dinner on our date night at Portland Prime. Everything was very good, though, we noted that the crab that was used in the Steak Oscar lacked flavor and had that 'previously frozen' taste to it. A little disappointing, but not the end of the world. Mixed drinks from the bar were stellar. Service was phenomenal.Special Features:
- Favorite Business Lunch Spot!joeknows2013Dined on 9/26/2014This is a favorite business lunch spot for me! Can rely in great food, service and ambiance. I ususally get the blackened salmon cesar salad.Special Features:
- B-dayDannyDined on 9/23/2014Salads were excellent we both ordered the prime rib, hers medium mine medium rare, hers very good mine little tough, for the price thought it should of been betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014I was charged 3 dollars to replace the mashed potatoes that came with my steak with a baked one due to dairy allergy. One would think the baked potato would cost 3 dollars less. The food was tasty but will not be going back due to the extra charge.Special Features:
- Excellent Food!PrimeDined on 9/20/2014The food was great. I had the best prime rib ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicous Prime RibNancyJDined on 9/20/2014I went to Portland Prime with Prime Rib in mind. It was very good! My husband had a smoked salmon pasta which he also like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Anniversarywilksgirl57Dined on 9/18/2014We started in the bar and met family for a drink, then went to the restaurant for dinner. We were first sat near the kitchen and asked to move. Not a problem! Great time except my hubby's rib eye was thin and tough. My food was great!Special Features:
- pretty mehsaroofioDined on 9/16/2014Wife and I decided to go here because there was a groupon available. Ordered the rib eye and added a lobster tail. Steak was just"okay". Nothing to rave about. Ordered medium rare, came out medium. Glad we had the groupon. Definitely not a 38$ steak. Probably would not recommend to a friend but worth a try if you use the groupon.Special Features:
- Never again!WendyDined on 9/6/2014We were celebrating my birthday, I am a Champagne drinker. When I ordered a glass of Champagne, I was told they had none. How could a upper class restauraunt like Portland Prime not has Champagne? I will not go there again!Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The best calamari I've ever had. The filet was so tender that I just needed a table knife. Live music was top-notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, so-so service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Food was excellent. Our waiter seemed a bit overwhelmed due to the fact that he had the majority of the tables in the restaurant. Getting drinks took a particularly long time.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceCTagDined on 8/19/2014We had the best time, fantastic food, exceptional service. Please try their 5 onion soup, it was yummy!Special Features:
- DaveVIPDined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed the jazz (Tony Pacini) more than the food. The meat is toooo expensive for what was served. Liked the people who worked there.
- Our 25th Anniversary DinnerGulli5Dined on 8/12/2014We tried Portland Prime for the first time for our anniversary. It was an excellent choice to celebrate this milestone. Even though it is spendy, it was worth it. The food was amazing - there wasn't an item we were even slightly dissatisfied with- and so was the ambience. Our waiter gave us just the right amount of attention and privacy. He was superb. We will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/7/2014One of my favourite places to dine for special occasions. They do Prime Rib perfectly. Love the Martinis. The service is awesome - all needs anticipated. The old Multnomah hotel (now Embassy Suites) is so unique and beautiful. It is a real treat to be there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014at the price point that they are charging, i would consider the service and food mediocre. i can get far better, especially steak, for similar (or slightly less) money at other restaurants.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for my birthdayBirthdayGirlDined on 7/26/2014My dad surprised me and called in a gift certificate to Portland Prime for my birthday. I was beyond happy with the service I received from the hostess staff and how accommodating they were. The steaks we got were pretty good, my filet was very tender but my partner's was a bit overpriced for the quality of his NY steak. The desserts were pretty good but the prices were still high. My server wasn't as attentive to us as I felt she should've been. I was much more impressed with the hostess staff than the waitress. Overall a good night and I enjoyed my birthday dinner a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014We bought a groupon and it was well worth it! The food was delicious and the service was great as well. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Not so greatLc24Dined on 7/25/2014Food was cold & not great! I expected more from this restaurant. Drinks are over priced!
- Lunch VisitquestionableDined on 7/24/2014our group was small and we were seated at a booth - I began to smell gas and notified the waitress - she didn't respond and walked away. It was an odd visit as usually the servers are pretty friendly and social. We had to ask about the specials and when we sat down, immediately noticed the water glass had ketchup stains on the outside - I'm not too picky, but definitely need a clean glass!Special Features:
- Delicious!CottygirlVIPDined on 7/18/2014While in Portland for a weekend getaway we came across Portland Prime when searching for a place to have dinner. We arrived early for our reservation so went into the bar for a cocktail. The bar is very cool; great ambiance and with the live music definitely a place we would go back to just for a drink. Dinner was great! We both ordered the rib eye steak which came perfectly prepared and deliciously seasoned, and you can't beat the price for the portion size. We both had leftovers. Our waitress (I wish I could remember her name) was terrific. She was attentive and friendly and helpful in making our dinner selections. She confided in us at the end of dinner that it was her first night. We never would have guessed. We'll go back for sure.Special Features:
- WOWOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2014First time to this restaurant and it was way beyond expectations the best steak I have ever had service outstsanding the wine list tops this is a perfect place for a romantic night out or a celebration. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great Every TimeniseyVIPDined on 7/10/2014Another fabulous dinner at PP! Love that it's quiet and you can talk. Oysters were excellent as we're the steaks. Groupon or not it's sooooo worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for special occasionHappydinerDined on 7/10/2014Our waiter was awesome. The food was good but a bit high priced to go on a regular basis. It was nice that they split a salad for us. Perfect portion to share. Drinks were too high for quality. Expected fresh grapefruit juice, not canned, for a greyhound at $9.25. Other than that a really nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- go to Portland Prime for date nightMaryDined on 7/9/2014We went to Portland Prime for my birthday. The food was excellent. I had the scallop and shrimp over risotto meal and my husband had the short ribs. Both dishes were prepared very well and the portion size was good. The shrimp and scallops were very large and cooked to perfection. The short ribs were melt in your mouth. I hear that they have good music in the bar, and plan to go back for happy hour. They are attached to the Embasy Suites hotel which brings in clientelle. The wine list is extensive and they made a good martini. I liked how the resturant was decorated and lit. It felt like a very special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occasionhuntluckyDined on 7/6/2014My wife and I celebrated our 1st anniversary here. Our appetizer (the lightly breaded shrimp) and meals were delicious (I had the prime rib, she had seafood alfredo), and our waiter was kind and knowledgeable. Also, the chocolate lava cake we shared for dessert was to die for.Special Features:
- RootsDined on 7/2/2014THe food was excellant and the service was very good!!! We would reccomend Prime .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience NotableJudyDined on 6/30/2014This restaurant has a formal and elegant feel, yet relaxed. All four of our entree's were different but delicious. The salmon and halibut were perfectly cooked and my husband said his chicken had a wonderful flavor. The four of us split 2 wedge salads which we all thought would be better if they had not drizzled balsamic vinegar over them. Only other suggestion is that for the high price, a vegetable and starch could be included with all main dishes. Only other complaint is that the restaurant was nearly empty and we like it there because they don't have blaring music. But they seated the other 2 groups right next to us-one of which was a loud group of men, so our conversation was not so easy. otherwise, a very nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable visitNewbiePortlandianDined on 6/28/2014Promptly seated for a 730pm reservation, but the restaurant wasn't packed. Our waiter, Laramy (sp?), was friendly but hit/miss on attentiveness. He came by the table and offered to refill our wine, but I had already helped myself to the bottle we had purchased. We were informed that the prime rib was sold out which was a little disappointing, but the other options were fine. My wife enjoyed her petite filet, and I had ribeye, both cooked to order and served with a scoop of mashed potatoes and asparagus. I personally like mashed potatoes with chunks so I'm glad they weren't whipped, but that may not be to everyone's liking. The waiter did come by in time to put in our order for the chocolate lava cake, however it arrived slightly overdone.Special Features: