Portico Restaurant & Lounge
15 Richmond Street East
Toronto, ON M5C 1N2Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
Global, InternationalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Portico Restaurant & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.porticorestaurant.ca/
- Phone: (416) 601-3774
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Saturday & Sunday (light lunch served): 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Carl MacNeil
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Maureen Kang 4166013768x
- Cross Street: Victoria Street
- Public Transit: Subway:
ClosestSubway Station is Queen Station.
2 Blocks North from King Subway
3 Blocks East from Osgoode
15 Minutes walk
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: There is meter Parking located Underground, garages are accessible in front of the main enterance to the Hotel.
A word from Portico Restaurant & Lounge
Step into a world of luxurious décor, gourmet cuisine, and welcoming service at Portico -- a tantalizing downtown Toronto restaurant. Lose yourself in a brilliant atmosphere of wood finishings, bronze mirrors, and plush furniture. Join us on a global culinary journey -- an enticing and intriguing fusion menu showcasing elements of Italian fare. All our offerings are freshly prepared daily, reflecting the season's bounty. Whether you seek a power lunch, or a superb dining experience, this great downtown Toronto restaurant will delight and inspire you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Portico Restaurant & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (5)great for lunch (4)neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (3)special occasion (2)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- First bad experience in this restaurant.DowntownerDined on 11/23/2014Have been to this restaurant on several occasions and have enjoyed this. Last Sunday must have been a night off for the chefs. My wife's tuna special was overcooked and my seafood risotto was tasteless. We had brought friends with us. They couldn't understand why we had raved about this restaurant. Hope that this is not indicative of a change in the restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet and ExcellentDavidDined on 11/6/2014Excellent for lunch and a quiet discussion. Handles food allergiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NIce Lunch for the SurbanitesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/2/2014We had an appointment downtown and I reserved a table - It was a lovely experience Great service !!! Very professional server and pleasant we had lobster roll and soup would recommend both - would definitely go back !
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Bland food and extremely slow service. Avoid at all costs.
- The following 100 reviews are from the Portico Restaurant & Lounge reviews archive.
- service guaranteed to be greatJumaDined on 7/22/2014The service is impeccable and food is delicious. Gluten free option is worth the visit.Special Features:
- Great lunch at PorticoDennyDined on 7/11/2014The service and food (all 3 attendees had the burger) was excellent. Rene served us and as usual he was friendly, quick and efficient without being overbearing. I will probably be back again this week with another work colleague.Special Features:
- Dinner in TorontoChrisVIPDined on 6/1/2014Caesar salad was one of the best I've ever had. Crab cake was OK. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Never disappointsJumaDined on 5/22/2014The food and service are always great. Very attentive and quick to respond to every reqeust.Special Features:
- Very NiceDianaVIPDined on 5/20/2014Great service and a lovely lunch. I had the Mediterranean omelet with a side salad. Wonderful selection of breads, including olive butter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, sub par entreesPaulDined on 5/9/2014The service was good, and the fruit infused water was a nice touch. The calamari and salads were great, but the entrees were sub par.
- simply perfectbigboiDined on 5/2/2014I booked reservations online with ease and requested in the special requests/ notes section that a note be placed on table. I was late for my reservations but was seated immediately. Only to have my girlfriend notice the the note I had asked to be provided on the table done up beautifully. Very well done. Ontop of that food and service was amazing. We'll be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerdiningoutDined on 4/5/2014We had a lovely dinner in a romantic setting. Service was exceptional. Food did not dissapoint. We especially enjoyed the Ontario Pork duo and Thai spring rolls as appetizers. Fantastic kimchi! Mains were really good -- both the sea bass and duck dishes would have benefited from a little more of their awesome sauce (pun intended :) and the potato croquette needed more seasoning. Overall, both dishes were delish. Daily dessert - apple galette with caramel sauce and ice cream - was selected as my husband's birthday dessert. It arrived compliments of the house adorned with a candle. We ate every morsel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at PorticoDennyDined on 2/28/2014My wife and I had lunch at Portico on February 28th and as usual the both the food and service were excellent. I highly recommend this restaurant for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reasonable service, marginal foodGolfnwenchDined on 2/19/2014Went for a pre-show dinner. Decor is okay, for a hotel restaurant. The service was friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. Food? From okay to the worst ever. Okay: soup, well prepared and presented. Angel hair pasta was okay, not fantastic . Mixed green salad? What can you do to that? The really bad: risotto was the worst ever eaten-bland, too clumpy and tasted like it was flavoured with a can of tomato paste. They were, however, attentive to a gluten allergy and brought a gluten free bun. Would not recommend for anything other than a typical hotel meal.
- LocationbainieDined on 2/19/2014We ate here because of the location as we we taking in a show at the Ed Mirvish Theatre. The food was good but not exceptional. Nice atmosphere. I would eat there again if I was in the area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal. Wished wematureman1111Dined on 2/15/2014Wonderful meal. Wished we could have lingered longer but had tickets to 2nd city at 10. Excellent food at an excellent price!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day DinnerZekeDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I went to Portico for Valentine's Day and enjoyed a very nice dinner. My favorite part of Portico is the ambiance. The décor is classy and comfortable and the lighting was at the perfect level for a romantic dinner, dimmed but not too dark. Our food was also very good and we particularly enjoyed the lobster bisque. It was filled with pieces of lobster and tasted extremely fresh. The desserts were another treat we enjoyed as the special set of desserts for two with chocolate mouse and banana fritters was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant deserves better....jokelijnDined on 2/1/2014We chose Portico because of close proximity to theatre. Unfortunately,because of the miserable winter weather there were many empty tables. Construction in street right in front made it difficult to get to entrance. Small menu offers nice variety, unusual wine list, mostly Ontario brands. Service (Shelley) was very attentive. Appetizer Thai spring rolls and crab cakes were delicious, nicely presented Main course pasta with duck confit and the risotto equally good choices.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but very few customersTricapDined on 1/30/2014Good spot for dinner in the downtown area. Always is very empty. Food is excellent and well prepared. Hard to understand how they can perform at this level with so few customersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-looked & under-ratedtrickyponyDined on 12/16/2013On a Monday near Christmas that I couldn't get a reservation at other "hot spots" I chose Portico. It was surprisingly empty, and I wonder why... Cocktails were lovely, food was very good & service was impeccable. It's a shame there is not more buzz about Portico,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service.PandPDined on 12/14/2013Excellent food and service. Yummy cocktails to start. We were surprised to have such fine dining at a hotel restaurant. A lovely dining experience on a cold and snowy Toronto night. it was great not to have to leave our hotel.Special Features:
- David Seyler, PresidentNickDined on 12/7/2013Toronto Northern Lights concert in church near by--great restaurant location--food was good, service excellent, wine was fine and finished meal with time to spare to walk to the concert. If concert is at same church next year we will be back! Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentDowntownerDined on 11/29/2013We go to Portico when we want a quiet evening and an excellent meal. Never have been disappointed. Reasonable prices; wonderful service and excellent food make it a worthwhile visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- inflated ratingoutoftownerDined on 10/19/2013The food was not that great. Risotto was over cooked, so were the shrimp and scallops. No one at my table thought their food was particularly flavourful. I had a feeling something was wrong when we walked into the restaurant on a Saturday night and it was less than half full, but the place across the street was hopping. Our server was pleasant and professional. I'd say the place is more for an older crowd 50 and up.
- Excellantdining5Dined on 10/3/2013I totally recommand that restaurant. We went for a business meeting and everything was perfect. I really loved the infused water served at my arrival, it was infused just perfectly. Our business partner were pleased. The server was always available and since one of our collegue had a hard time finding the name of what he wanted, the waiter waited and tried his best to understand the order. I would definitly recommand that restaurant for a business meeting.Special Features:
- Client dinnerMarkDined on 7/17/2013Good food and service, but the hotel location lacked character and the music too loud and electronic given their were only 5 table filled in the restaurant. I wasn't aware this was connected to the Cambridge Suites hotel when I booked and I was looking for a nice place near the office to entertain clients. Overall good, but not great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/16/2013We have been here approx. 5 or 6 times now and the food is great! The servers are very friendly! Service is a little slow but the food makes up for it. Its quiet and great for conversation--you can hear each other! Some restaurants you can't even hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kids menu not accurate; otherwisemvs0219VIPDined on 6/30/2013Kids menu not accurate; otherwise all was very good
- The best Service / CeacileOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/17/2013This Monday night was my birthday and Ceacil was our waitress from Philippines she is the BEST! Thank you so much and the food was awesomeSpecial Features:
- We enjoyed dinner at Portico.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/9/2013We enjoyed dinner at Portico. Pleasant, modern decor is combined with very good food. The "mixed greens" salad was exceptional, and included braised plum tomatoes that were perfectly caramelized, together with coriander which tickled the top of the palate. The Wild Lake Erie Whitefish was very tasty. The service was friendly if amateurish. The music was poorly-chosen and oppressive, but quickly forgotten after our friends arrived. Overall, an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nous avons passé une trèsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013Nous avons passé une très belle soirée. Le diner était parfait! La nourriture est raffinée avec beaucoup de verdure. La « déconstructed cesar salad » vaut le détour. Je recommande le restaurant pour une belle sortie romantique.Special Features:
- Small venue in hotel, rightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/26/2013Small venue in hotel, right on the street. Evening we were there, not too busy and had a great end table for quiet dinner. Food and pricing good. Service by waitress was attentive and excellent.Special Features:
- Thumbs UpOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013The Portico is in the Cambridge Suites Hotel and in a bit of a food desert unless you walk a couple of blocks or so. We were delayed arriving due to road conditions and had family waiting for us at the restaurant - the kitchen closes at 10:30pm. So we called our daughter to order our dishes so we wouldn't be starving. The kitchen just stayed open for us and event tho' empty, they didn't rush us. Food was very nicely done. Try the crab cake or smoked salmon appetizer - generous. Salad excellent. Pasta dishes very good too. Nice ambience and would have been perfect for our original party of 8 had the weather co-operated. Wonderful service.Special Features:
- This is certainly a five starOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/25/2013This is certainly a five star ***** plus restaurant, I had the salmon which was well prepared the most friendly and plesant server ever. The atmosphere made our lunch very comfortable and relaxing, I have a Birthday coming up soon, already know where I will be celebrating. Thanks see you soon.Special Features:
- Not Great But SatisfactoryYYZGUYVIPDined on 1/24/2013Based on reviews, was somewhat disappointed. Pizza was "not very thin crust".... was what I regard to be somewhat thick and a touch soggy (but not really soggy). Wine by the glass was good but not fabulous value for money. Not bad for a hotel restaurant but not really great.Special Features:
- When the kitchen has an offFoodie2VIPDined on 1/23/2013When the kitchen has an off night it really shows for the regulars ... By co-incidence 3 at our table ordered the same main ... And we got 3 different and indifferent platings ... NOT typical of the Chet's style ...
- New Years EveOctaviaDined on 12/31/2012We ate here during our New Years stay at the hotel. The environment was very soothing (despite it being a rowdy night), the food was great. and our server went above and beyond our expectations and was kind and humorous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had five in our dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/31/2012We had five in our dinner party. Everybody enjoyed the Portico experience quite nicely. Food was great!Special Features:
- My husband and I love theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012My husband and I love the relaxed and cozy atmosphere of Portico. The service is wonderful, tending to our needs but not rushed. The food was tasty beginning with the assortment of breads in our bread basket, entree, to the chocolate dessert at the end of our meal. Portico is top-drawer!Special Features:
- Portico was a great downtown findTornativeDined on 12/19/2012I usually run from hotel restaurants but reviews for Portico were good so I thought I would give it a try as it is quite close to home. I was very pleasantly surprised. Even though our dinner for 2 was a few days before Christmas, my reservation garnered a table in a quiet 'secondary' dining room away from the big tables of office diners on a busy Thurs night. Our waiter Rene was absolutely charming & his service was perfection from the moment we arrived. My friend & I spent a lot of time catching up so we were ordering very slowly & he gave us lots of time & space. He also offered some great menu suggestions & was very agreeable to special requests. The food was a very pleasant surprise. We sampled salads, the white fish & apple dessert.