Porter's Restaurant - Poppy Ridge Golf Course
4280 Greenville Road
Livermore, CA 94550Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Porter's Restaurant - Poppy Ridge Golf Course
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.poppyridgegolf.com/porters-restaurant
- Phone: 9254568215
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch/Breakfast: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch Daily: 10:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner:Wednesday: 6:00pm - 8:00pm, Thursday - Tuesday: 2:00pm - Dusk
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Raymond Evernham
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Whether an intimate gathering or elaborate affair, Porter's is a charming location for your private dining needs. Our menus are carefully prepared, elegantly presented and professionally served by an attentive staff, who set us apart with our guest service philosophy and attention to detail.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Garza 9254568238
- Entertainment: Porter's Restaurant hosts various events open to the public throughout the year. During the month of May, enjoy live music on the patio with select menu items featured weekly.
A word from Porter's Restaurant - Poppy Ridge Golf Course
Porter's Restaurant at Poppy Ridge Golf Course offers an extensive range of menu items using the freshest, locally grown ingredients for seasonal cuisine. Enjoy a bird's eye view of the Livermore Valley Wine Country and surrounding countryside from inside the restaurant or spacious patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Porter's Restaurant - Poppy Ridge Golf Course reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (4)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (3)special occasion (2)great for brunch (2)neighborhood gem (1)notable wine list (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Good Business LunchdachsieDined on 7/3/2014I had a good business lunch at noon on Friday. Sat outside on the terrace with a great view of the golf course and although it was a nice day the terrace cover made it even more enjoyable. The special crab cakes were delicious and the service was prompt and attentive. Tables filled up within 15 min of arrival so if you want to sit outside on a nice day.. ..rsvp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 41 reviews are from the Porter's Restaurant - Poppy Ridge Golf Course reviews archive.
- Great Food..Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014I have dined at Poppy Ridge several times. I am never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday LunchtakemeoutDined on 3/1/2014Took our bestie for her birthday and had a wonderful time! Good food professional service and a beautiful day on the course. We were not rushed out and enjoyed a nice long chat after we finished our lunch. Every time I have been there the food is good and so is the service. I love taking friends from out of town and it is a great value for your dollar and of course the full bar is wonderful and they have the best iced tea! Loving the new dinnerware as well! Thanks for a lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eaten here many times--consistentlycadz8VIPDined on 1/26/2014Eaten here many times--consistently good. Beautiful setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/7/2013Always the go to place for a quite lunch with close family and friends. Quiet, nice views, and delicious food. Great find!! BshawSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took a friend to this restaurantemerald10VIPDined on 10/4/2013Took a friend to this restaurant at Poppy Ridge Golf Course for her birthday. What a disappointment! Service was terrible. Nobody to meet and seat you. We had to finally grab a waitress to get seated. Then another 10 minutes to get a menu. We ordered 2 different salads, specifically avoiding one that contained spinach greens. Guess what? Both of our salads were served on spinach greens although they were not specified in the salad descriptions. The Thai beef salad contained beef that was tough, sinewy, and barely chewable. The dining room is cavernous and uninviting. Would not recommend this restaurant to anyone! To top things off, the restaurant reported us as a "no-show" to Open Table.
- Great place to eat...mariatsanjuanDined on 8/10/2013...in between wine tastings. The food, the service, bellini & mimosa was superb. i'll definitely recommend to others coming out to Livermore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for pre/post golf mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2013I wouldn't go out of your way to come here, but it is a solid spot for a pre or post golf meal or drink at Poppy Ridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location, bad service meh.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/1/2013It's a gorgeous spot. Had a reservation, the hostess was polite and cheery. Had the enchilada soup, rubbery chicken couldn't finish the bowl. I had the French dip, which had the foulest horseradish aioli I have ever tasted. The bread was fresh, which is nice. The server was either over worked or didn't care. Much to my irritation, my soda remained empty. And it took forever to get the bill. I won't be back.Special Features:
- ReviewQuickeningDined on 6/30/2013Great view food was great. Service was fine. I really like your online reservation service. That was a big plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant was good, butponymom69Dined on 6/10/2013The restaurant was good, but we didn't get our Open Table credit for being there. There was no maitre de there and the server ignored me when I said I had reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday bunchRaisinjcDined on 6/2/2013Had Lunch with friends (total 7) outside dinning, sunday bunch was perfection with glass of champagne, the ribeye french dip was delicious alone with onion rings great place to have lunch with friends definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Viewkdavid119Dined on 5/11/2013I took my boyfriend there for brunch last Saturday for his birthday and we both loved it! It was our first visit to Porter's and we were very satisfied with thier service and the food was delicious!!! We sat outside and it was so perfect. The view is amazing, I'm sure anyone would enjoy it. We will definitely be going back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for outdoor dining ifOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/21/2013Great for outdoor dining if weather permits. Otherwise the it's a golf club atmosphere for indoor dining. Very reasonably priced entrees with complimentary glass of champagne. Highly recommend the Shrimp And Scallops Arepas with habanero cilantro avocado sauce, with manchego cheese and fried plantains.Special Features:
- There was no problem withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/11/2013There was no problem with the seating. And the orders were fast.Special Features:
- Amazing Brunch PlaceSandyVIPDined on 4/6/2013The delicious ala carte brunch comes with a choice of complimentary champagne or mimosa. For an average price of $20/person (including coffee, dessert, and gratuity), I find this price very reasonable. Great place to celebrate or just simply have a relaxing brunch with friends and family.Special Features:
- The chicken caesar at lunchMouseVIPDined on 4/3/2013The chicken caesar at lunch looked great as did the hamburger plate. I ordered the chicken and black bean quesadilla which was disappointing. The salsa was dry and lacked flavor other than onions. I thought perhaps the kitchen might have a dipping sauce similar to that served at Wente's Grill with their quesadilla, but they didn't. The service was slow. Our reservation was for noon, but my friend only received her glass of wine after a half hour when she went to the bar herself to get it. There was a large party at the end of the room, so perhaps it took most of the servers' attention.Special Features:
- Went for brunch on Sunday.EvilOreoVIPDined on 3/17/2013Went for brunch on Sunday. I had the waffle which was cooked perfectly. I ordered bacon on the side which never came so I made sure it was taken off the tab. Hubby had crab cake sando which he really liked. Not busy at all. Televisions are tiny. Wait and service was leisurely.Wi-fi is only free if you're a member otherwise it's $5.95 an hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay if you don't have reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/10/2013We went for Sunday brunch and the food was very good. The place was really empty and we couldn't tell where the restuarant part was. It was too empty feeling for such a gorgeous view of the hills and vineyards surrounding the area. I thought Sunday brunch would be fun there but it was too quiet. Even though it was empty the manager seemed to be flustered helping out with waiting tables. I did like my food a lot. I had an omlet made to order and it was delicious. The potatoes were yummy too. We were never offered the champagne that the menu says was included with brunch. It would have been nice for the waitress to mention that. I would probably go again if I don't make reservations somewhere else.Special Features:
- My return to Porter'sOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/9/2013Returned to Porter's after not returning for 8 months. The last time, lousy service caused me to walk out and not return. They do have a great view and the food is well priced and acceptable. I thought I would give them a try, again. I found the experience acceptable. The food was good and well priced. Service still a little slow, though not as bad as during my previous visit. The view is outstanding, especially in spring and summer, sitting outside. It's nice for a casual lunch. I will return on a regular basis.Special Features:
- Loved the quite, peacefulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/5/2012Loved the quite, peaceful view. Food was excellent but the service was poor. I would wait a while before returning to this lovely spot until the service may get better.Special Features:
- Everyone was thrilled withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012Everyone was thrilled with their food - even my pickie eaters! The shrimp & scallops arappa was amazing.Special Features:
- The food was awesome and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2012The food was awesome and the band was great. I had a party of seven and the ages went from 13 to 84 and everyone had a wonderful time. Thank you.Special Features:
- Everything was perfect. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2012Everything was perfect. The food the service and te music was perfect.Special Features:
- Our waiter, Jerry, was veryJimJDined on 8/12/2012Our waiter, Jerry, was very attentive and made us feel welcome. The food wasn't as tasty as I remember it, not so long ago, but adequate.Special Features:
- Love Poppy Ridge. Food consistentlycadz8VIPDined on 8/12/2012Love Poppy Ridge. Food consistently good,lovely view.Special Features:
- We decided to try out theirWhatsagoodnicknameVIPDined on 8/12/2012We decided to try out their brunch one Sunday morning. Everything was good, and we even had a floor show watching the early golfers come in on holes 9 and 18. There is nothing like having brunch, listening to the sound of chirping birds and the cursing of golfers with the yips;-)Special Features:
- This review refers to a visitOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/11/2012This review refers to a visit on 8.16.12 during Music on the Ridge. I've visited this place many times and found it to be good, offering well priced simple fare in the middle of an idyllic setting. I walked out of this place in disgust this evening. Did not even try the food, since they couldn't seem to get it to us even after over and hour. The waitress ignored us. We had to flag her down several times. She asked what we wanted to order even though we had not been given menus. People that arrived after us were finishing their dinner as we sat waiting and ignored. My wife is more patient than I am but, finally, she said she wanted to go. I haven't had this bad of an experience in years. Totally unforgiveable.
- Food great, service, not so much.KLUFanDined on 7/14/2012When we arrived we waited at the podium and were ignored until we had been standing there for a while and the chef motioned us over to him and we told him we had a reservation. We got seated at an outside table with a view of the golf course which was very nice. They had a birthday party going on so I don't know if that was why the service was slow or if they were short on waitstaff, but once we ordered we waited about 40 minutes before the food was delivered. The food was very good, good enough that we would give the restaurtant another try thinking maybe they were having an off day.Special Features:
- Although it took about 10CourtneyVIPDined on 6/23/2012Although it took about 10 minutes to find a hostess/server, that was really the only hiccup in our experience. Our party of three sat outside on a beautiful Saturday morning. The view of the golf course and hills is incredible. Large menu with reasonable costs and the bonus - a free glass of sparkling wine with a brunch meal!Special Features:
- Food, service, scenery wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2012Food, service, scenery was great! The only minor complaint is that the air conditioning was blowing too hard. It was a hot day, but the temperature difference was too extreme.Special Features:
- Very pleasant. Altho we didgolf2eatDined on 5/12/2012Very pleasant. Altho we did not get a window table, the friends w/us were able to face the window and see the golf course. It was rather crowded and a bit noisy; but that did calm down as the time went on. The food was good, since it was a brunch menu, one glass of champagne was complimentary, we ordered another during the meal. The service was acceptable. We will go again.Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurant and views.Tks2Dined on 4/18/2012Beautiful restaurant and views. We sat outside on the patio.
- Great for a fairly quick lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/11/2012Great for a fairly quick lunch get away location from work.Special Features:
- My California Benedict wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/17/2012My California Benedict was missing the avocado. Our waiter did not seem to know all the menu selections and we had to repeat our order several times.Special Features:
- Located in the middle of aOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/10/2012Located in the middle of a scenic golf course surrounded by vineyards. Breakfast and lunch only. Not open for dinner. Enjoyable, comfortable and scenic. The food is adequate and is quite a value. Have been twice for lunch and would go again. Don't expect gourmet food, but they do a good job.....brunch, sandwiches, salads, etc. Other items, too. Good place for a beer on a hot day. Full bar. Did I mention it's quite a value??Special Features:
- Quiet Location - Pretty ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 2/26/2012We picked this restaurant because we hoped it would be extremely quiet. My mother wears hearing-aids and it is difficult to hear in noisy atmospheres. It turned out to be perfect for this. Service was wonderful - which it should be since we were only the second table in the place. Food was tasty and presentable, but fairly standard for breakfast. The menu said champagne but we were never offered any and didn't think about it until after we had left. So, the prices are on the higher side for breakfast (which is probably because it includes champagne) which we didn't get, so our meals were rather expensive.Special Features:
- Perfect for golf and lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/31/2012Golf group of 16. All enjoyed the food and drink. Service was excellentSpecial Features:
- Dine here after golf at leastOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/20/2011Dine here after golf at least once a month. Group of 12 to 16. Always good food and great service. On warm days a great outdoor dining spot.Special Features:
- Porter's at Poppy Ridge isOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/6/2011Porter's at Poppy Ridge is a very nice place for a casual lunch or sunday brunch. The restuarant overlooks Poppy Ridge golf course, and offers a beautiful view of the course and surrounding vineyards. The lunch/brunch menu offers a nice variety from breakfast/brunch items, salads, sandwiches and light entrees. we had a group of 6 and everybody was very happy with their meal, and we ordered from all areas of the menu. it can get a little loud later in the afternoon with golfers, but, late morning/lunch is usually uncrowded and very relaxed. very good service. recommend.Special Features: