Porter's Prime Steakhouse
222 N Vineyard Ave
Ontario, CA 91764Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Porter's Prime Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.portersprimesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 9094184808x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Lester Salvi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Entertainment, 7 days a week in our Misty's Lounge. Music from the 80's, 90's and today. No cover charge when you dine at Porter's Steak House. www.MistysLounge.com
- Special Events: Porter's Prime Steakhouse features a fabulous Private Dining room for all your personal and professional needs. With seating up to 16 people, please call* Porter's for reservation details.
*Because of high demand for the private dining room, we can not guarantee any reservations made for it via the internet. Please call (909) 418-4808, for availability.
A word from Porter's Prime Steakhouse
Porter's Steaks and Chops are of the highest quality, locally-sourced, USDA Prime. Our meats are prepared on our 1600 degrees broiler, ensuring juiciness, tenderness and flavor. Service that is relaxed and attentive. A wine list with world class selections. Seafood, chops and innovative side dishes with an undeniable flair. Celebrate life with the perfect steak and style.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Porter's Prime Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (4)romantic (3)neighborhood gem (2)notable wine list (2)fit for foodies (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Our Ninth AnniversaryluvthisplaceDined on 7/4/2014Thanks to all the waiters and bar tender for making our ninth anniversary a very enjoyable one. Thanks again Randy and KittySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 172 reviews are from the Porter's Prime Steakhouse reviews archive.
- UgghhhhOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 6/9/2014Don't know how this place has such a high rating. Went here because I thought it would be good from all the positive revues. I first wanted to order the blue crab which was a special and the waitress told me NOT to order it because it was horrible. After further discussion it seemed she couldn't give me any good recommendations. I ended up just ordering appetizers and they too seemed amateurish at best.
- Great food!CRinLAVIPDined on 5/29/2014Return visit as a result of a great first time visit recently. Food just as awesome. Great Mediterranean sampler for appetizer...could be a main course if not that hungry. Steaks (NY and Porterhouse) both excellent as were the sides. Will return when in the area.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014The decor was outdated and unimpressive. Our entrees took a very long time and no one kept us informed about the status of our meals. Managers and staff stood around chatting and never spoke to us. Staff continuously went to the next door "club" through a door near our table, so loud music and hollering blared every few minutes. The "creamed corn" was whole kernel canned corn in a bland cream sauce. The only good thing about our experience was that the lobster was cooked perfectly. Nothing else was worth returning for.
- We left before greetedDiane509Dined on 3/7/2014We arrived on time for a 5:30 PM dinner reservation. Music too loud for fine dining. We heard bus trays crashing and we sat there with out being greeted for the longest time . The maître d' dropped us off and walked away .Then we sat for another five minutes at the table pondering why this music was so unbelievably loud while nobody greeted us at the table. Finally a busboy appeared, we told him to stop and not bother getting three glasses dirty because we weren't sure we were going to stay. The busboy was a little perplexed and said okay I'll just wait-and-see yet he didn't notify anybody that we were thinking about leaving because nobody else approached the table in the next five minutes. as we left the restaurant nobody even noticed.
- This use to be one of ourOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/6/2014This use to be one of our favorite restaurants, but unfortunately we will not be returning. The atmosphere is no longer the same. They changed the presentation of the entire restaurant from a high class, romantic ambiance restaurant to a casual steak house. The service was so unaccommodating. We had to keep asking for refills (water), and after 15 minutes of waiting to leave, beg someone to take the bill due to our server being MIA. A $175 bill for a mediocre steak house, no thank you! We would rather spend this kind of money at a higher class restaurant where it would be worth every penny. We will not be returning.
- It was our 3rd ValentinesValentdiningDined on 2/14/2014It was our 3rd Valentines Day at Porters. We have enjoyed it every time. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great red meatjustoddDined on 2/14/2014Simply the best NY steak I've ever had. Every dish was very good; my wife had the lobster bisque and raved about that as well. Dinner for two with drinks and appetizers ran a bit over $200. I found the background music to be a bit on the too loud side. Overall ambiance is just OK; a bit below what you'd hope for given the quality of food, service and price point. But it is located in a hotel and has been a restaurant since back in the 80's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There needed to be more optionsNicknameVIPDined on 2/14/2014There needed to be more options for selecting food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Basic SteakhouseMarkHVIPDined on 2/14/2014Being from out of town, I didn't realize that Porter's is the hotel restaurant for Double Tree in Ontario. We found the steaks and salads to be quite good. The fried calamari had been frozen and suffered from freezer burn. The lobster bisque was ok. Service was attentive and friendly. Actually this wasn't a bad meal - on par with Long Horn Steakhouse or Black Angus. Unfortunately it was priced at a point approaching Ruth's Chris. A $40 steak should be something special. Overall not bad at all - just not a good value.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime PrimeCRinLAVIPDined on 2/5/2014It has been a number of years since I was in a Doubletree. Found this steakhouse through Open Table and the reviews were promising. This was not a Doubletree I was familiar with. Very nice. Handsome. Porter's was equally as good looking. Great atmosphere. We had the New York strip and the Rib Eye steaks. The NY was ordered rarer than rare. The Rib Eye ordered medium rare. Both were exquisitely cooked as ordered. The quality of the steaks was outstanding. Our dinner was a wonderful mid-week treat that will not soon be forgotten. Sort of makes me sad I don't live closer as this would become top choice but it is now on my favorites list. Porter's Prime Steakhouse is indeed Prime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected FindDinerJVIPDined on 1/6/2014My husband and I were in town for business and dined at Perter's Prime Steakhouse, located at the Doubletree Hotel. It's a lovely setting, perfect for couples or large groups in a separate room. We can't attest to the steak, but our seafood entrees were excellent -- both the diver scallops and the salmon. The sides were varied for each dish and nicely executed. Usual we pass on the bread, but the warm cranberry walnut rolls and asiago cheese rolls were both heavenly. We experienced attentive service. We'll be back again when we're in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They used quality food butOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/21/2013They used quality food but was unable to execute. The food was bland needed salt and flavor. The lack of Customers would make you think that service would be good but it wasn't. The lobster bisque was heavily creamed Without flavor. The prime rib was good quality meat but was not salted prior to Being grilled.
- Not a steakhousereviewer5375Dined on 12/13/2013The food here is below ordinary and prices are astronomical. I would not go here again or recommend Porter's to anuone.
- Single dinner on businessrcote75VIPDined on 12/11/2013I had the baby iceberg salad and the mushroom ravioli. No wine that particular evening. The salad and ravioli were very good. The ravioli was rich but worth every calorie!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service. Steak overdone.JevvyJDined on 12/4/2013Very friendly, polite, efficient service. Unfortunately, the filet that I ordered medium rare was cooked beyond well done. If I had not been with a client, I would have sent it back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was an incredible disappointmeGoodTimesDined on 11/9/2013This was an incredible disappointment. The prices were through the roof. For a place that had the same price structure as a Morton's Steakhouse or Ruth Chris Steakhouse, the atmosphere was a typical Hotel coffee shop. The tables had no table clothes. We had to ask for bread and butter and when we did we got some line about bringing it after we ordered. It took a good 15 min to get our order in. When they did bring the bread the waiter in a very sarcastic tone asked if the bread was good. We ordered drinks. After waiting another 15 min I told him to forget my drink but to bring my wife's. Again we got another excuse about it being the bartender's fault that she disappeared. Our food took almost 39 min to arrive. The waiter was the worst.
- Just OKHelmetManDined on 11/2/2013Food was just OK, service was acceptable to good, I was there on business over the weekend by myself. If I had to do it again, I'd go someplace else (I did not have a car)
- Very tasty food, very promptJordoDined on 11/1/2013Very tasty food, very prompt service but a little pricy for Ontario!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak EVER!TeriDined on 9/25/2013Service was excellent, food was great! Will definitely be having dinner there again. My steak was great, topped off with a crab cake. Companion's halibut was a bit overcooked.I would recommend this to a friend.
- quality of the food is wayANDRDined on 9/18/2013quality of the food is way over priced they burned my wife's steak and I will not go there ever again I could have gone to sizzler and had a better steak.
- Great Business Dinner Location...OudjfoodDined on 9/17/2013Great Business Dinner Location...Outstanding Service with very Attentive Care for your Table. Would also be a Fantastic Restaurant for any Intimate Dinners You Wish to Have. Staff is Friendly, Professional & Very Attentive to Your Table...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not What I ExpectedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2013The staff was great and attentive and the drinks were worth the $$, the food however was not worth the $$. The prime Rib was tough and tasteless, the garlic potatoes dry and the asparagus over cooked and the meal itself not as hot as it should have been. The salads were great and the other meals just ok. The reviews on yelp and our experience were not a match! Sadly, no reason to come back!Special Features:
- The FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/26/2013My steak was good, but my baked potato was warm. The bread pudding was dry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pork ChopPizzaEaterVIPDined on 5/24/2013I had a pork chop, mashed potatos, and asparagus for dinner. Other than the fact they arrived in one pile, mashed potatos under the portk chop and the asparagus mixed in with the mashed potato, and then some weird orange.onion mess on top of th eporked chop... Well, once I got that all squared away, it was a pretty good meal. I really don't understand why restaurants do that...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visiting PortersAnon7Dined on 5/23/2013First time visiting Porters for dinner. Wanted to try because my wifes birthday is coming up. I will be inviting several guests to dinner at Porters. Wanted to make sure my guests would be satisfied. Food was good and service was above average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best rib eye in the Inland EmpireDiningDudeDined on 5/17/2013Can't go wrong with an aged bone-in rib eye, cooked perfectly at medium...great prime rib too. Quiet setting...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great 48!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2013Celebrated my 48th birthday at Porter's. Had great time with the family and a fantastic meal. The meal started with delicious crab cakes and Lobster bisque. Both were prepared to perfection. My rib chop and all of the other entrees were outstanding as were the side of asparagus, garlic mashed potatoes and wild mushrooms. All of this was topped off with a great Creme' Brulee' with berries "WOW" Our waitress was an absolute joy and so very very nice. Thanks Porter's for a great meal and a great time!Special Features:
- BAD EXPERIENCEOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2013Everything went wrong, except for the perfect cocktail. No complete setup at table, had to ask for bread, Had to ask for napkin, had to ask for eating utensils, ordered baked potato, sent me mashed, steak special , New York Strip was very tough with gristle, ordered rare and it came med well , couldn't eat it, ordered horseradish when ordered was taken, had to ask for that again. Was without water 15 minutes, Had to speak to manager 3 times. This place is expensive (for me). I still left 20% tip, total bill was over 52.00. What a disappointment after reading reviews and advance reservation through Open Table.
- Great food, atmosphere andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2013Great food, atmosphere and service alot to be desired for what you would call a top shelf steak house.
- Worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/9/2013Decided to try the place for our anniversary because we happen to be staying at hotel with out 13 month old. We both had the chef special new york steak. It was cooked perfectly for us both. No kids menu but waitress did accomodate with fruit. Overall, everything was great. Mashed pots were a bit salty for me but edible. Waitress was nice. Worth the expense? I say yes.Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/7/2013We enjoyed the crab cake appetizer although the lemon chicken soup was fairly mediocre. Both of enjoyed our steaks, rib chop and filet mignon. Both steaks were cooked just as ordered. Sauteed mushroom side was good but could have used a tad bit less salt. Green beans with bacon were delicious and not over cooked. Small wine selection but some decent choices. I would have given a 4 star for service except for a couple of reasons. They forgot to offer us our bread until we were done with our appetizers. And while they were very prompt and attentive they were a bit clumsy, dibbled the wine when pouring and when placing down one of the steaks the juice ran off on to the table cloth. Overall though we were more than satisfied with our experienceSpecial Features:
- The setting is terrible forOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/6/2013The setting is terrible for a steak house, reservations are not required, maybe 5 couples in there on a Saturday Night, the Steak was average, way over priced, will never return
- "My husband and I enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013"My husband and I enjoyed every aspect of this restaurant experience". The staff was very attentive, patient and polite. The chef actually came to our table to ask if we were enjoying our meal. The food was A-mazing! The ambiance was perfect for our romantic evening since we were celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary. We loved it and would definitely recommend and come back to Porter's Steakhouse.Special Features:
- Great food, service and atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/9/2013Great food, service and atmosphere. The Chef's Menu was a great price value.
- My husband's Filet mignonOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013My husband's Filet mignon was amazing! The steak melted in your mouth. My prime rib was super flavorful but not as tender as the steak. The two rolls of bread were delicious as well. We had a great time and a great meal.Special Features:
- Wonderful Experience...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013This was my second time at Porter's. My wife and I both went last year for our 13th Wedding Anniversary. The experience was excellent then as it was on Feb 14th Valentine's Day... so this couldn't have been a fluke. The food was great, Barbara - our server was great. It just so happened that she was our same server last year and maintained her same wonderful charm. We will be back as this is truly a neighborhood gem.... look out competition!Special Features:
- I made a reservation to takeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2013I made a reservation to take advantage of the DineLA special menus. The waiter didn't have a clue of what I was talking about. So I ordered their prime ribe special-which was just fine, I've tried better steaks. It was good for a weekend dinner.Special Features:
- First timerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/12/2013Had a great overall experience. Service was great, food was just as ordered. Will be back, great local spot.Special Features:
- Consider ElsewhereMattietenDined on 12/31/2012Not as good as in the past. Someone called earlier in the week with an "attitude" saying that we "had to be out by 8 pm for the people who had bought New Years Eve packages". She was quite snooty and rude, so I told her the only reason we were coming there was to eat dinner and that we had more important places to be. She replied "just so you're out". If there had been more time, I would have cancelled the reservation and gone onto Sycamore Inn where they have a much better quality of food and treat their customers with respect. If this wasn't bad enough, Porter's kept calling for reservation confirmation again. The filet mignon was over done (but tender) and the prime rib was not great quality for the price.Special Features: