Porters on the Lane
19 Bellport Lane
Bellport, NY 11713Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Porters on the Lane
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.portersonthelane.com/
- Phone: (631) 803-6067
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday Saturday & Sunday's 12pm - 4pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sundays 4:00pm - 10pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: On & Off-site catering is available.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a variety of special event menus to fit all of your catering needs both on and off premise. From birthdays & showers to weddings Porters on the lane can meet your needs. Please call for more information on pricing and availability.
- Private Party Contact: Jenni Giannott 6318036067x
- Entertainment: please call for upcoming events or visit our website
- Special Events: Happy Hour - Monday thru Friday 4-7pm offered at the bar & bar tables only Includes -half price draught beers & half price wines by the glass & half price appetizers!
A word from Porters on the Lane
Porters on the Lane features an American menu. Highlighting steaks and seafood. Served in casual atmosphere with a choice of dining areas & menu options for any palette. There are four dining areas to choose from as well as the bar - The main dining room is spacious with navy & white decor located at the front of the restaurant with windows overlooking the porch & Bellport lane. Then we have the fireplace room which is located in the back of the restaurant, this quaint room has beautiful ivory tin walls & ceilings. A working stone fireplace from floor to ceiling which always makes this room popular in the winter or for private parties! We also have seating in the bar section at high top tables. Then the last option is the front porch which is open seasonally & weather permitting. This is a beautiful space for outdoor dining & certainly the most requested area when available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Porters on the Lane - Best Restaurants in Bellport ›
Porters on the Lane reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)great for outdoor dining (35)fit for foodies (29)vibrant bar scene (25)special occasion (22)good for groups (20)romantic (20)hot spot (18)great for lunch (14)kid-friendly (13)notable wine list (11)great for brunch (8)late-night find (7)scenic view (3)Show More
- bigred1Dined on 6/25/2014Everything was wonderful. The outdoor dining was very comfortable and the food and service was greatSpecial Features:
- Good SpotJoePugDined on 6/22/2014Good service food, wine and selection. Timely but not rushed, Got us out when needed. Seated us quickly for our reservation.Special Features:
- Always EnjoyableNonnaVIPDined on 6/22/2014Porters is one of our most favorite local delights. The menu is changed seasonally and the nightly specials are always of variety. The summer Risotto is a must have, along with the striped bass. Specialty drinks are of enjoyment and of reasonable pricing.Special Features:
- Never dissapointedKMC60VIPDined on 6/21/2014As always the food was delicious and the service wonderful. Brought friends with us and they also fell in love. Tuna tacos are always yummy, as well as the baked clams. Seafood was very frsh and the profiteroles are a must try!Special Features:
- ScoutDined on 6/21/2014We were seared promptly and our table was ready. The service was attentive but not over bearing. All six members of our party were very pleased with the food perpetration but more importantly it's taste. Overall it was a very good dining experience and I would returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014This restaurant was wonderful. Will definitely be going back. The food was fantastic and the service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great ambiance great seafood yummyLuvtoeatVIPDined on 6/19/2014My husband and I went here before a show at gateway! What a great find! Such a cute country cozy place from the outside! Fish lobster was so fresh! The service was too notch! Wish I would remember his name! So attentive! Will definitely go back and recommend to all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous placeLILL131Dined on 6/14/2014Porters is one of my favorite restaurants to go to for an adult night out. The bar has delicous and different drinks to choose from. The menu offers various types of food and is always delicous. I always recommend this restaurant to peope, definitely one of my favorites to go to!!! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful and relaxing EveningLadyDiDined on 6/14/2014Greatly enjoyed our first time at Porters. It was an interesting menu with just enough selection for fish lovers to the steak enthusiast. Service was excellent and the feeling friendly. I definitely will be recommending this new find to my family and friends with complete confidence. Loved, loved, loved, the quaint atmosphere...very homey feeling. The food was good... especially enjoyed the many appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frequentdinerVIPDined on 6/12/2014Now that I've had dinner on the porch at Porters I know that summer has arrived for sure. Great stuffed clams, amazing scallops and terrific pastas. Creative drinks menu. Very efficient service. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- EnjoyableUnomeDined on 6/8/2014All in all eating at porters was pleasent. The food was good I always get there calamari. Also the service is always friendly attentive and consistent. This was my third time dinning here I never had a bad experience. Had a chicken sandwich which was a little dry but I'll be back I like this spot.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014After attending 42nd Street at the The Gateway Playhouse-this was a wonderful end to our date night. It was lovely and the food was plentiful and delicious!Special Features:
- One of my favorite placesMastershakeDined on 5/30/2014Porters is one of my favorite local spots. Food, service and atmosphere are top notch.Special Features:
- jpfoodDined on 5/30/2014Great food and service but noise level is deafening. Cannot rec do to that only. Its unfortunate because the food , service and location is great.
- Great, cozy, home-like rest.remaggDined on 5/28/2014Great, cozy, home-like restaurant. Must get there again to dine on the Patio.Special Features:
- ReviewnoneVIPDined on 5/27/2014Great food, great service - absolutely nothing to complain about. Will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- Great placeDisappointedVIPDined on 5/24/2014Had a reservation for 8 people for 6:15 and our table was ready but we were asked if we wanted to gave a drink at the bar first and relax and than we would be seated. Very niceSpecial Features:
- No return visitCarolDined on 5/24/2014Place is very cute, but the noise level was truly deafening; like being at a wedding band so loud you cannot have a conversation. We will find alternative when going to theatre. Not at all relaxing.
- frequentdinerVIPDined on 5/22/2014Very varied menu with steaks, hamburgers, fish, all well prepared. I love eating here before the Gateway Theater.Special Features:
- fit4FoodDined on 5/22/2014We Love Porters!!! great atmosphere.. the servers are happy and well educated on menu and wines. the busy buss girl keeps the tables tidy. and the porch is the best seat in town. the food was great. left very satisfied and looking forward to another great experience at Porters!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeanniegirlDined on 5/17/2014Food was excellent & the service was very friendly & accommodating. We were a group of 10 & our dinners came together for our group & the wait was short. Very impressive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fit4FoodDined on 5/17/2014excellentand servce were perfect.. sit on the porch if you can.. great way to spend the afternoon!!!Special Features:
- TruffleSilvasDined on 5/16/2014Several dishes with truffles including mashed potatoes which were delicious. I came here on a recommendation. My nephew raved about the truffle raviolis but I was enticed by the roasted chicken with truffled mashed potatoes and I'm glad I chose it. It was very tasty and juicy. It was a Friday night and the bar was busy but not Rudy. The dining room is separate. In warmer weather you could have dinner on the tables outside. The only negative is that the waitress didn't come back to check on us until the meal was done. She was initially attentive but not after the meal was delivered. Not as attentive as I would expect. I will be back for those raviolis.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/14/2014There was a table near us which was VERY noisy also noise from the bar was also loud. It was so bad I kept saying "sorry I can't hear you" . The woman across the table from me kept saying "what I can't hear". The noise ruined what I think would have been a really nice dinner. I would lthink long and hard before I would go there again.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysJrodDined on 5/3/2014Excellent food drinks and service. Look forward to coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food-deafening Noise LevelGolfpatDined on 5/3/2014We liked everything about Porter's on the Lane, except for the noise level. We could barely hold a conversation with our friends whom we hadn't seen in a long time. We couldn't wait to get out of there. The food was excellent. We will go back, but request an outside table when the weather gets warmer. They really need to do something for noise reduction. Drapes, rugs, or something to soften the all wood restaurant might be helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun timewineanddineDined on 4/26/2014Great place. Had dinner with friends for a birthday celebration. Food was great. Loved the nautical décor. Fun atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time with friends and familykmp211Dined on 4/26/2014We recently enjoyed a dinner with friends and family at Porters on the Lane for my wife's birthday. We had a large party (of 9) and all had a great time. The food, atmosphere, and service were all awesome and although the restaurant was very busy, we were happy to see that our table was ready right on time. Highly recommend the short ribs, and the dessert trios are a must try!Special Features:
- special day diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014We were seated promptly with plenty of room. Food came out in a reasonable time and was all very good. Bread baskets and drinks were always replenished. Great dinner not rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious! well appointedSausagekingofchicagoDined on 4/14/2014Delicious! well appointed decor great staff... drinks were very good and the food was just greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly Faces and FoodDevoteeDined on 3/15/2014Service terrific, staff friendly, great selection of food and wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- porters on the lanejessDined on 3/15/2014Such a great spot. My fiance and I love coming here for any occasion.Special Features:
- DeliciousJSizzleDined on 3/9/2014Great food, great waitress. Thank you for another enjoyable meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PortersCiroDined on 3/8/2014My overall experience was very good, just a little expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!mamakinDined on 3/8/2014Enjoyed our dinner very much. A little loud but it was Saturday night and very busy. Food was well prepared with generous portions. Service was quick and polite. Surprisingly it did not feel like a restaurant in Bellport, both the ambience and clientele seemed more like what you would expect in the Hamptons or even Connecticut.Special Features:
- Quaint place in a cozy little townAncientWarriorDined on 3/2/2014My wife and I went there for lunch. The menu was limited, but what we had was very good. Back dining room has a nice fireplace and only 6 tables, making for a comfortable, warm ambiance. Will have to give it a try for dinner next time, and during warmer weather so we can eat outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eaten there several timesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2014Eaten there several times and have never been disappointed with my dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place!BillDined on 3/1/2014Great food, great service, insanely awesome dessert menu to cap off a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic or Not, Your ChoiceKayleeDined on 2/27/2014The front is a vibrant bar scene. The small back room is cozy with a roaring fire. Have it your way, but either way, the food and service cannot be faulted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsGuinnessblokeDined on 2/26/2014We eat here a lot. They never get it wrong. Food always consistently very good.Special Features: