Porters on the Lane
19 Bellport Lane
Bellport, NY 11713Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Porters on the Lane
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.portersonthelane.com/
- Phone: 6318036067
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday Saturday & Sunday's 12pm - 4pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sundays 4:00pm - 10pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jesse March
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: On & Off-site catering is available.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a variety of special event menus to fit all of your catering needs both on and off premise. From birthdays & showers to weddings Porters on the lane can meet your needs. Please call for more information on pricing and availability.
- Private Party Contact: Jenni Giannott 6318036067
- Entertainment: Live music - Wednesday Nights 7-10 Thursdays Nights 8-11 Fridays & Saturday Nights 9-12
- Special Events: Happy Hour - Monday thru Friday 4-7pm offered at the bar & bar tables only Includes -half price draught beers & half price wines by the glass & half price appetizers!
Mondays are margarita mondays at Porters with a special mexican themed menu in addition to our regular menu with $5 margaritas to choose from!
Available throughout entire restaurant and the bar!
Sunday Football - Porters has got you covered with a special $6 menu & half price draught beers - available at the bar and bar tables only
A word from Porters on the Lane
Porters on the Lane features an American menu. Highlighting steaks and seafood. Served in casual atmosphere with a choice of dining areas & menu options for any palette. There are four dining areas to choose from as well as the bar - The main dining room is spacious with navy & white decor located at the front of the restaurant with windows overlooking the porch & Bellport lane. Then we have the fireplace room which is located in the back of the restaurant, this quaint room has beautiful ivory tin walls & ceilings. A working stone fireplace from floor to ceiling which always makes this room popular in the winter or for private parties! We also have seating in the bar section at high top tables. Then the last option is the front porch which is open seasonally & weather permitting. This is a beautiful space for outdoor dining & certainly the most requested area when available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Porters on the Lane - Best Restaurants in Bellport ›
Porters on the Lane reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (62)great for outdoor dining (55)fit for foodies (35)special occasion (29)vibrant bar scene (29)romantic (29)good for groups (24)great for lunch (21)hot spot (17)kid-friendly (16)great for brunch (14)notable wine list (13)scenic view (9)late-night find (8)Show More
- Always DeliciousThegoose22Dined on 9/15/2014We live in the area and Porters is our go-to restaurant. The service is good, and the food is always delicious! We take family there and they are never disappointed. Can't miss kinda place. It does get loud ( poor acoustics I guess) on the weekends but usually don't notice it because our group is just as enthused : )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014All I can say is that everything was amazing. I so wanted this to be perfect as this was a bitter sweet celebration. My dad's 76th and probably last birthday. He's been diagnosed with cancer so I wanted to make this special and I did. But it could not have been done without the fantastic staff there. I will recommend Porter's to any and every one. Thank you allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's happening at Porters...PsychedDined on 9/12/2014Porters offers a tasty menu that arrives fresh and to your specifications in a timely manner. This time around Amanda was our waitress and provided "service with a smile" as she proved to be upbeat, personable, and efficient. The same could be said or our bus boy, Joe. Get there early because the place gets packed on Friday nights and the large parking lot gets full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MenuWally23Dined on 9/12/2014Food was fantastic and worth the price which is very fair for the high quality. One complaint, and not really a complaint but more of a note...the website needs to be updated with newest menu. They have recently changed chefs and had added/taken away some side dishes that my wife and I had wanted to try only to find they were no longer offered when we arrived. Overall experience was great and we will be back again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Food great. We ate outside for Lunch. Too many bees. Svce excellent however.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014Charming and delicious dinner on the front porch. Service with a smile I'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rosieVIPDined on 9/6/2014We have eaten here many times. Most of the times the food is very good. It was a little off. The arugula salad was not near as good as usual a little wilted and not dressed well. The Shrimp and Pasta special could have used seasoning and the Clams Casino were chopped . Who takes little necks and chops them? The order said 5 and I received 4. I mentioned my displeasure and the girl said Really. Hope it was just an off day.Special Features:
- Pretty goodVisitingDined on 9/5/2014Went for happy hour and then dinner. Happy hour is great. Apps were the best thing about the night. The filet tidbits are incredible and boneless general tsos chicken is good too. The truffle fries were soggy and disappointing and the American Dip sandwich wasn't that great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food, service & decorJimSkyviewDined on 9/5/2014Absolutely superb dining experince in every way. Our party of 4 enjoyed every moment: greeted by a cheerful hostess and seated promptly after entering, waitress took our drink order a minute or two after being seated. Excellent lobster bisque, great salads, outsanding steaks and seafood, and great deserts - all at fairly moderate prices.Special Features:
- bameyerVIPDined on 9/5/2014Consistently the best lobster roll on Long Island!Special Features:
- go to patchogue insteadOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014Never will go to this restaurant again!! Waited over and hour for food on Sunday at 5:00 pm. Portions are very small especially the special appetizer of fish salad at 14.95...what a disgrace!
- Good local place for drinks & grubtheoccasionalcriticVIPDined on 8/29/2014Of the three restaurants with alcohol in Bellport, Porters is the one we take visitors to most often. It's within walking distance for most residents, has a popular bar, and it has a nice porch for outside dining. Having said that, the quality of food and service is very inconsistent. Sometimes the food is good and the service is poor, sometimes the food is mediocre and the service is great. Occasionally both are good. If you want a fine dining experience go elsewhere. (Porters is also very noisy). If you want a good local place to eat, drink and have a good time with friends, Porters fits the bill.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014We have been going to the same landmark restaurant for years and over the last few decades it has changed management several times ( sometimes good and not so good) and since it has been Porters on the Lane we have enjoyed it…. The other night was dreadful!!!! The service was the worst I have experienced in years anywhere. I don't know if it was more then they could handle or just not interested…My server served my meal with food on the underneath part of the plate and when she slide it on the table the salad and balsamic dressing went into my lap… I was amazed at how little attention they paid to the incident and honestly was very turned off…...Special Features:
- We had a great early dinner atPatsyVIPDined on 8/28/2014Porter's on the Lane . The service , food and ambience were just perfect. Even my hard-to-please daughter was happy with her selections.Special Features:
- Neighborhood Haunt1600andCoDined on 8/26/2014Porters was very adequate. We were there for my mothers birthday. We ate outside on the porch. Being in middle of the village, It was entertaining to see the townspeople walk their dogs, jog, bicycle and race their cars by. There were also a number of vintage cars that drove by or stopped at Porters.Special Features:
- CharmingCandisDined on 8/22/2014The building charming, and the bar was fun and upbeat. But although we had reservations and there were plenty of open tables they had us wait 15 minutes before we were seated. The waiters were nice, but the food and drinks took a long time to arrive.Special Features:
- good solid mealDependable66VIPDined on 8/22/2014Porters is a good place to go for a good solid meal. Good beer list with a few unique choices. Lobster Mac and cheese was great.Special Features:
- Happy CustomerLivetodineDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I had dinner on a Friday night before heading down to the marina for an outdoor concert. The braised short Ribs and Lobster bisque were fantastic! Our server, Heather was friendly & efficient. We look forward to coming back and will bring friends :)Special Features:
- foodloverFoodloverDined on 8/16/2014This is a great place to try something a little different(like seafood tacos for an appetizer). The choices are varied, and well prepared. I love to sit on the porch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome!BillDined on 8/15/2014The food at Porters is outstanding and the service is fantastic. I can't say enough good things about this place!BSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice mealNonicknameDined on 8/10/2014The restaurant was friendly and the service was good. The lobster salad was terrific and so were the appetizers. It was a nice place and a lovely area including the porch area outsideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great find.SausagekingofchicagoDined on 8/1/2014Lobster Roll!!! Burger!! clams on the half shell!! oysters fresh shucked...sitting on the porch.. it just oozes long island summer.. we love this plave staff is great food is excellent.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC!!!SausagekingofchicagoDined on 7/31/2014I Love this Restaurant. by far the best place to dine on the south shore. this place is very well kept and that is a pet peeve of mine.. the food was absolutely delicious. my husband had the steak oscar special and I had the Tuna special. the food just keeps getting better and better. our waitress was great.very attentive and alway smiling.. they must give there staff happy pills.. looking forward to another return.Special Features:
- ExcellentjasonluvstodineDined on 7/26/2014This was my second time here and both times wee amazing. The food, service and overall dining experience was amazing. I would highly recommend the lobster mash! the NY strip was cooked perfectly as well. If you are looking for a great dining experience and good prices, this is definitely the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday dinnerJeanniegirlDined on 7/25/2014There were 4 in our group. Food was delicious. Service also excellent. Friendly staff with smiling faces, wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreathopalongVIPDined on 7/16/2014I had the bass served with artichoke hearts, mushrooms and red pepper. Cooked to perfection! My friends had burbourn salmon. Amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceMichelleDined on 7/12/2014Our dinner tasted great and the menu choices and specials were very appealing. Although it was a bit loud at times, it truly is a perfect dinner venue. Some people were eating on the porch outside and others were around the bar, and the 2 dining rooms were jammed packed. This says that they are doing something right!! I would definitely return again and bring others along.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!SMARDined on 7/11/2014Delicious food in beautiful Village of Bellport! A little noisy, but not that it interrupts your dinner experience. Fast, friendly service. Been here before and will return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great "Ordinary" RestaurantJohnnyBlackVIPDined on 7/4/2014If you thought you were about to dine at a special place, with superb food, impeccable service and a lot of character, this is not that place. Having said that, it is a top ordinary surf and turf restaurant. My oysters were first rate as an appetizer, but my shell steak was overcooked and I had no patience to wait for a new one to be prepared. My wife's salad was crisp and fresh, but her lobster was well . . . . a lobster. Folks there is nothing at all special about this restaurant, but it is a pretty good place to eat, nonetheless.Special Features:
- last minute recommendationNancyV7Dined on 6/28/2014We had tickets to a show in Bellport and did not know of any restaurants coming from Western Suffolk. What a delight when a friend recommended Porters. We made a reservation and were 15 min late not realizing how far. They took us right in to a great table and service and food was great. We enjoyed lobster roll and crab Meat plus a steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bigred1Dined on 6/25/2014Everything was wonderful. The outdoor dining was very comfortable and the food and service was greatSpecial Features:
- Good SpotJoePugDined on 6/22/2014Good service food, wine and selection. Timely but not rushed, Got us out when needed. Seated us quickly for our reservation.Special Features:
- Always EnjoyableNonnaVIPDined on 6/22/2014Porters is one of our most favorite local delights. The menu is changed seasonally and the nightly specials are always of variety. The summer Risotto is a must have, along with the striped bass. Specialty drinks are of enjoyment and of reasonable pricing.Special Features:
- Never dissapointedKMC60Dined on 6/21/2014As always the food was delicious and the service wonderful. Brought friends with us and they also fell in love. Tuna tacos are always yummy, as well as the baked clams. Seafood was very frsh and the profiteroles are a must try!Special Features:
- ScoutDined on 6/21/2014We were seared promptly and our table was ready. The service was attentive but not over bearing. All six members of our party were very pleased with the food perpetration but more importantly it's taste. Overall it was a very good dining experience and I would returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014This restaurant was wonderful. Will definitely be going back. The food was fantastic and the service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great ambiance great seafood yummyLuvtoeatVIPDined on 6/19/2014My husband and I went here before a show at gateway! What a great find! Such a cute country cozy place from the outside! Fish lobster was so fresh! The service was too notch! Wish I would remember his name! So attentive! Will definitely go back and recommend to all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous placeLILL131Dined on 6/14/2014Porters is one of my favorite restaurants to go to for an adult night out. The bar has delicous and different drinks to choose from. The menu offers various types of food and is always delicous. I always recommend this restaurant to peope, definitely one of my favorites to go to!!! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful and relaxing EveningLadyDiDined on 6/14/2014Greatly enjoyed our first time at Porters. It was an interesting menu with just enough selection for fish lovers to the steak enthusiast. Service was excellent and the feeling friendly. I definitely will be recommending this new find to my family and friends with complete confidence. Loved, loved, loved, the quaint atmosphere...very homey feeling. The food was good... especially enjoyed the many appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frequentdinerVIPDined on 6/12/2014Now that I've had dinner on the porch at Porters I know that summer has arrived for sure. Great stuffed clams, amazing scallops and terrific pastas. Creative drinks menu. Very efficient service. Can't wait to go back.Special Features: