Porterhouse Steak and Seafood - Little Canada
235 East Little Canada Road
Little Canada, MN 55117Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Porterhouse Steak and Seafood - Little Canada
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.porterhousesteakandseafood.com/
- Phone: 6514839248x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jason Michaelson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering for any event. Please contact Jason Hilderman (General Manager).
A word from Porterhouse Steak and Seafood - Little Canada
Porterhouse Steak and Seafood offers casual-fine dining with a Supper Club atmosphere. The menu consists of premium steaks aged a minimum of twenty eight days, fresh fish & seafood. All entrees are served with a choice of House, Caesar or Spinach salad, bread and choice of Potato or Vegetable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Porterhouse Steak and Seafood - Little Canada - Best Restaurants in Little Canada ›
Porterhouse Steak and Seafood - Little Canada reviews from OpenTable diners
287 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (215)neighborhood gem (149)fit for foodies (87)romantic (84)good for groups (42)notable wine list (41)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- thank you again!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014It's my birthday treat with my family every year! We love it all year long as couples but once a year we all go together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful serviceDeeSVIPDined on 10/25/2014This was our first time dining her, The food was superb and our server was knowledgeable and attentive.Special Features:
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014My husband and I chose this restaurant for our 5 year anniversary dinner. Excellent food, excellent service. Would definitely recommend to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Excellent service at the bar along with a nice quiet atmosphere....perfect. Restaurant ambience would be better if some folks could leave the cowboy boots and jeans back at the ranch. Maybe they just rode in from South St Paul? If so, they should have stayed down on Concord.Special Features:
- HerfHerfVIPDined on 10/24/2014Polite greeting, prompt seating. Well prepared drinks. Tasty warm bread. Excellent salads. 2 delicious petite filets and 2 perfectly prepared salmon dinners. Fantastic carrot cake for 4. Entire staff worked well together. Our waitress Heather was superb .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2014Not inexpensive, but the food is great, and probably some of the best steaks in the Twin Cities. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, after a debateFinewineintimesavesnineDined on 10/22/2014For our anniversary, we made a 7:15 pm reservation for two in the dining room. At 7:00 pm we arrived. We received a table at 7:25 pm in a very noisy bar. We sat there, very disappointed, for about 30 seconds and decided to leave. As we were walking out, the manager made a good save. He offered my wife a very good wine for the wait. A dining room table opened up rather quickly. Credit your manager for being quick on his feet. After receiving a dining room table, the service was wonderful and the food was great. Thank you very much. We both felt that other people were seated ahead of us, who did not have reservations. While these, more favored, people may frequent your restaurant more often, we go there about 3 times a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/22/2014How popular is this "hidden" restaurant? On a Wednesday evening in late October, just in time for a 7 PM reservation, the parking lot is absolutely full. Must be something good going on inside.Special Features:
- OutstandingluvdinoutDined on 10/22/2014Service was great, food was outstanding, I definitely will return to try more dishes.Special Features:
- Amazing beef!Bdayboy22Dined on 10/22/2014We were cordially greeted and seated immediately. The waitress was prompt and very attentive to our table. Food was amazing and the birthday cake was a nice ending to a meal.Special Features:
- Special DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/21/2014They nailed it, could not have been better. Old school drinks, excellent food, great service.Special Features:
- Always Good!dinglegalDined on 10/21/2014We are consistently pleased with the quality of food, drinks and service. Delicious food and I appreciate the option of smaller-sized portions. The Smokehouse Shrimp and the other Shrimp preparation were tasty! Excellent service, despite an always-busy pace in the evenings. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet, please!RamblerDined on 10/20/2014My wife and I went for our 20th anniversary. The food was sublime, both steaks were done to perfection and delicious, while the seafood was fresh and well prepared. The service was superb, friendly and perfectly timed; we couldn't ask for more from the performance of the staff and the quality of their product. The only unfortunate aspect of our visit was the fact that the place was packed, and so small that the noise level was very distracting at times. Definitely not our first choice for a romantic evening, but fine for birthdays or other larger gatherings where you can add your own noise to the boisterous ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday get togetherDeanDined on 10/20/2014was hoping for the halibut but not available, we had a great waitress,very attentive.deanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014I made my reservations through Open Table with a special request to surprise my husband with concert tickets. I was a little nervous the staff wouldn't get my request but to my delight they did and they were all excited to help and it went as I hoped! Thank you Julie our server for your outstanding service and recommendations! We will be back! And FYI we went on a Sunday and it was packed! Julie suggested to always make reservations no matter the day of the week to avoid a long wait;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NASA35Dined on 10/18/2014I had heard good things about the restaurant and while I didn't hate it I didn't love it....mostly because of the service. We ordered a shrimp cocktail and crab cakes for starters. I had finished my crab cakes before the gal received the shrimp???? Ordered the filet with baked; received the filet with mashed. Steak was well cooked. I know she was busy but the service was just adequate for the money spent.Special Features:
- Great food!AshleyDined on 10/17/2014My boyfriend and I found this place on accident. We were planning on going to the Chianti Grill in Roseville but noticed they had another restaurant they owned that was specialized in steak. The food was great. Eleanor was a great server. Very attentive! We were clearly the youngest people in there by 15 years but it was a great find and will definately return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but way too loudDaavDined on 10/17/2014The steak my wife ordered was really good and the service was good. However, this place is way too loud to relax and enjoy your food.Special Features:
- Good foodgwrivDined on 10/17/2014Very enjoyable night. Food was excellent. The steaks were perfectly made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is a really great place.PamelaDined on 10/17/2014The only thing that put a damper on our time there and our meals was the booth. They put us in a corner booth for 5 people. It was roomy enough, but there was no cushion in the seats. It was very uncomfortable and I have to say that I had cramps in my legs after I left the restaurant. I was not the only one that felt this way out of the 5 of us. There were a couple others that had problems also. Please make your seating more comfortable for us older folks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummymemaDined on 10/16/2014Food is always consistently good. Love to go for a great treatSpecial Features:
- Best steak!SpellyVIPDined on 10/16/20147 put of 8 in our party had steak and said it was the best!! I had the salmon and it was also very good. Nice touch with the birthday cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMchelleDined on 10/15/2014This was not my first meal at Porterhouse, but I will definitely re-think coming again for any kind of meal where I am looking for a classy, quiet and/or romantic dining experience. When we arrived the middle of the smallish dining room was occupied by a large and boisterous family, complete with children running about. It was so loud my date and I couldn't hold a decent conversation and found the server near impossible to hear. She didn't seem happy either and although we laughed it off as one of those things, we couldn't leave soon enough. Had the atmosphere been different, I know we'd have stayed for dessert and coffee.
- ExcellentSHVacationDined on 10/14/2014Everything is always excellent at The Porterhouse Restaurant - from the greeting at the door, to the wait staff and the chefs. The food is always prepared exactly as ordered.Special Features:
- First bad experienceLike2dineDined on 10/14/2014We love this place. On this night however it was not as great as usual. The waitress appeared to be having a bad night and was not very friendly. I ordered the pork chop special and found it to be a bit dry and the sauce was a bit tasteless. We will be back however because we love this place. May sit in the bar next time with HowieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!LolaDined on 10/13/2014We were celebrating a birthday and, after our scrumptious meal, our waitress brought us a birthday cake with a candle to blow out. She made us feel very special!Special Features:
- Food and service always excellentLilacDined on 10/12/2014Our family has come here for years because the service, food and atmosphere are always excellent. Their steaks and fish are just delicious and the portions are generous- typically take home enough for another meal. Their New England clam chowder is the best! You are seated at or before your reservation time and the hostess and servers are great.Special Features:
- Service needs improvementdineoftenDined on 10/11/2014Seems to be a place that locals frequent - believe that since this was our first time there we were somewhat ignored. Baked potato and my husbands mashed potatoes were not warm. Did not see waitress often but she was busy taking care of her other tables.Special Features:
- 3rd time was not a charmCharmedNoMoreDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I have been to Porterhouse now three times. We reserve Porterhouse dining for special occasions and have been extremely pleased in the past. However, our third visit was not a charm. Neither of us were impressed with our food. Our service was great. We still had a nice time celebrating our anniversary...will we dine at Porterhouse again and call it a fluke? The answer still remains...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Standard steak restaurantBrightlightDined on 10/10/2014The ambiance of the restaurant was very old school and country, like a standard steak house. The food was good but not original or different and the ingredients were all very standard. Overall it was a good meal but not a place I would suggest when compared to other restaurants in Minneapolis.Special Features:
- SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014The pictures on the internet shows a completely different picture. The food was very good! Some of the wait staff, very snobbish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greattimeDined on 10/10/2014We had a great experience at Porterhouse and have no complaints at all...Fabulous food, great drinks, beautiful ambiance and a terrific waiter who was very attentive and professional in fulfilling our needs. We had not been at this restaurant for almost a year but we were very well aware that it had been way too long after realizing what a wonderful dining experience we have whenever we come here. Thank you.. and see you again soon!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014big disappointment for $170! mom had the cobb salad w/steak...steak bites very tough. Dad had lite fare walleye...very little flavor the size of a sardine! birthday boy of 27 years had a large steak with tons of fat, 2/3rds was fat! I great meal with 2nd son, filet mignon...good. bread would have been good had it been warm. This was our first time at this restaurant, big disappointment for our birthday celebration. Oh! The chic cake was good.
- love Jennifer & Howie!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/7/2014We are glad you brought back the prawns, they are always cooked perfectly! Would love to see the bacon cheddar mashed potatoes back. Prices went up but meat and seafood are crazy expensive so that's to be expected. Porterhouse never disappoints and is worth every dollar you will spend! Thanks, as always, to Jason and wonderful staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to have a nice dinnerMicwhenVIPDined on 10/6/2014I schedule many business meals here. Everyone loves the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best Things GoingHappyDinerDined on 10/6/2014Totally enjoyed our dining experience again at Porterhouse. The wait staff, appetizer, dinner, and wine were the best. Steak dinners with the works can not be beat. The steak is so good you hardly need a knife. We will be back again and again and again. We would not hesitate bringing any of our friends or family to Porterhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- M & MMichaelMary127Dined on 10/5/2014We always enjoy Porter House, great food, great service and this time was our 40th Wedding Anniversary so it was extra special!!!Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceJoanDDined on 10/4/2014We were celebrating a birthday and were intently talking. Our waiter was very respectful of our conversations and worked our table with just the right amount of interruptions to give good service. Each of us was over joyed at the food selection we had made. Everything was perfectly prepared and delivered hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstandinglove2dineoutDined on 10/3/2014Great food, drinks, and ambience. Special restaurant for special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night OutNightOutDined on 10/2/2014It was recommended by my co-workers. It was our first night out without the children in a few weeks. It was a good experience. Food was delicious! It was a nice quiet setting and it felt great to go out and not have the loud bar setting. Would definitely recommend it to someone who is looking for a nice couples night out.Special Features: