Porterhouse Steak and Seafood - Little Canada
235 East Little Canada Road
Little Canada, MN 55117Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Porterhouse Steak and Seafood - Little Canada
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.porterhousesteakandseafood.com/
- Phone: (651) 483-9248
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jason Michaelson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering for any event. Please contact Jason Hilderman (General Manager).
A word from Porterhouse Steak and Seafood - Little Canada
Porterhouse Steak and Seafood offers casual-fine dining with a Supper Club atmosphere. The menu consists of premium steaks aged a minimum of twenty eight days, fresh fish & seafood. All entrees are served with a choice of House, Caesar or Spinach salad, bread and choice of Potato or Vegetable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Porterhouse Steak and Seafood - Little Canada - Best Restaurants in Little Canada ›
Porterhouse Steak and Seafood - Little Canada reviews from OpenTable diners
295 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (219)neighborhood gem (148)fit for foodies (91)romantic (90)good for groups (53)notable wine list (46)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (15)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Everything about it is FANTASTICKathyDined on 11/11/2014My husband and I always go to Porterhouse on our Anniversary, and sometimes birthdays. We both love everything about it. The food is to die for, the service couldn't be better, and it has a real cozy feel, dressed up or not. Would recommend, and have recommened to others to go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- short menu - huge flavorsproluna8Dined on 11/9/2014Best Ahi Tuna I have tried in a long time. From the house made bread to the amazing carrot cake there was nothing boring in any of the dishes we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperienceOutAndAboutDined on 11/8/2014Food was great, atmosphere was amazing. It felt cozy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent!Monk4steakDined on 11/8/2014The Black and Bleu is not a "traditional" steak, but anyone who loves a ribeye, will love the Black and Bleu!!! Our table was ready, as requested in the bar, great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Great Food, Excellent Service! We always enjoy coming to the Little Canada site for special occasions and just for an excellent steak or seafood meal with fantastic service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightAFoodieDined on 11/7/2014Great food, great service. Overall a neighborhood gem. Great for needing a night out with out going to MPLs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened Thursday, November 6FantasyOverDined on 11/6/2014We've always loved the Porterhouse, I mean loved it. Food was always perfection. But then last night kind of destroyed it all. I will admit the petite filet mignon I had was fantastic, but the shrimp wrapped in bacon with BBQ sauce (which I always get) was really over cooked. The other entrée served was Lobster and New York strip, both were terrible. Lobster was way over done, and mushy, Strip was quite tough. We didn't complain because we just never do. We usually just don't go back, and that's really to bad, because as I said in the beginning this was a very special place for us. We don't go out often, but when we did this was our place.
- Porterhouse DelightkikiDined on 11/5/2014We have gone to this restaurant many times and have never had a bad meal! Service is always topnotch, also!Special Features:
- Manager and the hostOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014They both were very accommodating to our request and made the vist very nice and enjoyable, we will come back for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksteaklovrDined on 11/4/2014The steak is great, no matter what cut you order. Garlic mashed potatoes are creamy and tasty. The service is attentive without hovering. All in all, a great place to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Supper ClubBadgerVIPDined on 11/3/2014I would call this your classic supper club, but in a well lit location. Food is solid, service is reliable and friendly, and the experience caters to all ages.Special Features:
- StudemanDined on 11/3/2014Didn't care for the Manhattan. The Filet was GREAT! It was a little noisy and expensiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved it!Oofie1Dined on 11/2/2014We usually go there for special occasions and this time was no exception. What I like about them is they are willing to work with you, if you have a special diet request. Even to the point of making sides special without salt for my husband. Love the steaks and the prawns are out of this world. I had to change my reservation at the last minute and they worked it out for me. It was a special birthday and they made it great. My only wish is they would have a children's menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014You know exactly what you are in store for when you get there. Great service, superb menu choices and wonderful ambiance. We are never disappointed with our experience there. We often choose Porterhouse for our special occasions. Thanks for the excellent dinner last Saturday evening!Special Features:
- Porterhouse little CanadaFlares2014Dined on 10/30/2014We had a party of 7 for a birthday dinner. Our waitress was oustanding with her service and knowledge of the menu. We all ordered steaks and they all were cooked perfectly! I highly recommend the filet mignon and the black and blue ribeye! After dinner she brought out a complimentary B-day cake for the table. They did a wonderful job. Will definitely return again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodJimmyDined on 10/30/2014The pork tenderloin was less tasteful than I would have expected. Lots of meat. Everything else was very good.Special Features:
- Great Food bad HostessLindaLouDined on 10/30/2014Food Great! Wait staff Great! We made a reservation and got there right at 5:00. We were directed to a booth in the bar area. The booth was a tight fit for both of us. The hostess just kinda looked at us like what do you want me to do. I asked for a table/booth in the corner of the bar to alleviate this imberassing situation quickly. The hostess informed us that we could sit there but that the table was reserved for 6:30 and we would need to leave then. No other table was offered. Again, imberassing so we just went with it. We had just finished our entree and it was 6:30. We would have shared a desert and had an after dinner drink but felt we had to leave. Wow, is all I can say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Porterhouse in Little Canadare25koyDined on 10/29/2014We have had many wonderful meals at the Porterhouse. Their filet is the finest I have ever had ANYWHERE ! The salad is always cold, garlic potatoes terrific. We had a party of 6 and everyone loved their food. The service can't be beat. One evening we had a party of 26. All food came together & everyone loved their meal. I don't know of a restaurant that could have done that. We recommend the Porterhouse to everyone we know.Special Features:
- OutstandinghungrydinersDined on 10/29/2014I chose to dine at your establishment based on previous visits. Although it has been several years since my last visit I was comfortable in the selection. We arrived on time and were seated immediately. Our waitress was extremely helpful in describing the nightly special and also assisted us in the selection of a very nice bottle of wine. While being attentive to all of our needs our waitress also respected our privacy and she should be commended for her outstanding performance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thank you again!classycareDined on 10/27/2014It's my birthday treat with my family every year! We love it all year long as couples but once a year we all go together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful serviceDeeSVIPDined on 10/25/2014This was our first time dining her, The food was superb and our server was knowledgeable and attentive.Special Features:
- great place for steak!wyangDined on 10/24/2014i would not recommend if you want to go there for a romantic date.lighting was bright and it reminded me of being in some place like applebees or outback, however the food was not like that.i started off with soup.my husband tried their blackened tenderloin tips and it is the best tenderloin i've ever eaten in my whole life!the meat just melted like cotton candy in my mouth.My husband had the ribeye and i had their filet mignon combo with scallops.My filet was delicious, i didn't need any steak sauce to add to it at all.the portions were generous! the mash potatoes were light and so flavorful!even the bleu cheese was delicious.you can tell the restaurant made everything from scratch!our waitress, Julie, was kind and attentive.Special Features:
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014My husband and I chose this restaurant for our 5 year anniversary dinner. Excellent food, excellent service. Would definitely recommend to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & ServiceLivesToEatDined on 10/24/2014Excellent service at the bar along with a nice quiet atmosphere....perfect. Restaurant ambience would be better if some folks could leave the cowboy boots and jeans back at the ranch. Maybe they just rode in from South St Paul? If so, they should have stayed down on Concord.Special Features:
- HerfHerfVIPDined on 10/24/2014Polite greeting, prompt seating. Well prepared drinks. Tasty warm bread. Excellent salads. 2 delicious petite filets and 2 perfectly prepared salmon dinners. Fantastic carrot cake for 4. Entire staff worked well together. Our waitress Heather was superb .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2014Not inexpensive, but the food is great, and probably some of the best steaks in the Twin Cities. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, after a debateFinewineintimesavesnineDined on 10/22/2014For our anniversary, we made a 7:15 pm reservation for two in the dining room. At 7:00 pm we arrived. We received a table at 7:25 pm in a very noisy bar. We sat there, very disappointed, for about 30 seconds and decided to leave. As we were walking out, the manager made a good save. He offered my wife a very good wine for the wait. A dining room table opened up rather quickly. Credit your manager for being quick on his feet. After receiving a dining room table, the service was wonderful and the food was great. Thank you very much. We both felt that other people were seated ahead of us, who did not have reservations. While these, more favored, people may frequent your restaurant more often, we go there about 3 times a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/22/2014How popular is this "hidden" restaurant? On a Wednesday evening in late October, just in time for a 7 PM reservation, the parking lot is absolutely full. Must be something good going on inside.Special Features:
- OutstandingluvdinoutDined on 10/22/2014Service was great, food was outstanding, I definitely will return to try more dishes.Special Features:
- Amazing beef!Bdayboy22Dined on 10/22/2014We were cordially greeted and seated immediately. The waitress was prompt and very attentive to our table. Food was amazing and the birthday cake was a nice ending to a meal.Special Features:
- Special DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/21/2014They nailed it, could not have been better. Old school drinks, excellent food, great service.Special Features:
- Always Good!dinglegalDined on 10/21/2014We are consistently pleased with the quality of food, drinks and service. Delicious food and I appreciate the option of smaller-sized portions. The Smokehouse Shrimp and the other Shrimp preparation were tasty! Excellent service, despite an always-busy pace in the evenings. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet, please!RamblerDined on 10/20/2014My wife and I went for our 20th anniversary. The food was sublime, both steaks were done to perfection and delicious, while the seafood was fresh and well prepared. The service was superb, friendly and perfectly timed; we couldn't ask for more from the performance of the staff and the quality of their product. The only unfortunate aspect of our visit was the fact that the place was packed, and so small that the noise level was very distracting at times. Definitely not our first choice for a romantic evening, but fine for birthdays or other larger gatherings where you can add your own noise to the boisterous ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday get togetherDeanDined on 10/20/2014was hoping for the halibut but not available, we had a great waitress,very attentive.deanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014I made my reservations through Open Table with a special request to surprise my husband with concert tickets. I was a little nervous the staff wouldn't get my request but to my delight they did and they were all excited to help and it went as I hoped! Thank you Julie our server for your outstanding service and recommendations! We will be back! And FYI we went on a Sunday and it was packed! Julie suggested to always make reservations no matter the day of the week to avoid a long wait;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NASA35Dined on 10/18/2014I had heard good things about the restaurant and while I didn't hate it I didn't love it....mostly because of the service. We ordered a shrimp cocktail and crab cakes for starters. I had finished my crab cakes before the gal received the shrimp???? Ordered the filet with baked; received the filet with mashed. Steak was well cooked. I know she was busy but the service was just adequate for the money spent.Special Features:
- Great food!AshleyDined on 10/17/2014My boyfriend and I found this place on accident. We were planning on going to the Chianti Grill in Roseville but noticed they had another restaurant they owned that was specialized in steak. The food was great. Eleanor was a great server. Very attentive! We were clearly the youngest people in there by 15 years but it was a great find and will definately return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but way too loudDaavDined on 10/17/2014The steak my wife ordered was really good and the service was good. However, this place is way too loud to relax and enjoy your food.Special Features:
- Good foodgwrivDined on 10/17/2014Very enjoyable night. Food was excellent. The steaks were perfectly made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is a really great place.PamelaDined on 10/17/2014The only thing that put a damper on our time there and our meals was the booth. They put us in a corner booth for 5 people. It was roomy enough, but there was no cushion in the seats. It was very uncomfortable and I have to say that I had cramps in my legs after I left the restaurant. I was not the only one that felt this way out of the 5 of us. There were a couple others that had problems also. Please make your seating more comfortable for us older folks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.