Porterhouse Steak and Seafood - Little Canada
235 East Little Canada Road
Little Canada, MN 55117Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Porterhouse Steak and Seafood - Little Canada
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.porterhousesteakandseafood.com/
- Phone: 6514839248x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jason Michaelson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering for any event. Please contact Jason Hilderman (General Manager).
A word from Porterhouse Steak and Seafood - Little Canada
Porterhouse Steak and Seafood offers casual-fine dining with a Supper Club atmosphere. The menu consists of premium steaks aged a minimum of twenty eight days, fresh fish & seafood. All entrees are served with a choice of House, Caesar or Spinach salad, bread and choice of Potato or Vegetable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Porterhouse Steak and Seafood - Little Canada - Best Restaurants in Little Canada ›
Porterhouse Steak and Seafood - Little Canada reviews from OpenTable diners
273 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (209)neighborhood gem (145)romantic (80)fit for foodies (79)notable wine list (50)good for groups (35)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (16)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (5)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Everything was great from the apps, the cocktail sauce is fantastic with the horseradish bite. Steaks and fish were perfectly done. Drinks were well crafted,I love the blue cheese olives with my Vodka rocks. They even brought us a cake after dinner for our aniversary. I would be a more frequent diner but it can be hard to get a table if you don't plan in advance. I would rather eat and drink at Porterhouse than any of the "big name" steak houses in downtown Mpls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was so satisfying!PrincessEmDined on 9/11/2014It was my first time going to Porterhouse Steak and Seafood & I have to say it will not be my last! I ordered the ribeye & my bf had the porterhouse steak. The steaks were so juicy and yummy! The mashed potato was also delicious. Altho, I wish they had more options for veggies. All the employees were so nice and respectful. It was my boyfriend's birthday and we got a complimentary dessert- it was huge too! :) Thank you so much Porterhouse Steak and Seafood! We will see you soon! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- APPRECIATION DINNERRogerDined on 9/8/2014I recently invited four family members to join me for dinner at Porterhouse, in appreciation for their help during my recent move. I had been there previously for the first time, and was so impressed, especially by the food, that I wanted them to enjoy a meal there as well. Everyone had a steak, and we shared two appetizers. We all thought that everything about the place was terrific, and it was decided that more of the family members needed to come and enjoy dinner here. We were seated right away, and our server was excellent.Special Features:
- Great food and service!KenyaDined on 9/5/2014I love this place. It is like going to a downtown Minneapolis steak house in my neighborhood. I requested a bar booth which was honored. Atmosphere was fun and out server was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014Wife and I went to use a gift card and couldn't be happier overall. Food was awesome.Special Features:
- Great Food- Poor ServicefoodbabeDined on 9/4/2014This is the third time I have been here and have gotten horrible service which is really disappointing since I only go here on special occasions. I wouldn't go back but the steaks are absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- We love this restaurantSusanVIPDined on 9/4/2014Wonderful steak. Classic steakhouse menu eat very reasonable prices. Ice cream after dinner drinks are so special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I need to go here more often.Spiker1aVIPDined on 9/1/2014My wife and I split the Black and Blue Ribeye. It ranked as one of the top ten steaks I've ever had. At 58yo That's saying a lot. The Baked potato made the list as well, My son said it was #1 on his list. Thank you Porterhouse!Special Features:
- Excellent steaksSettersDined on 8/31/2014Everything was wonderful except the bacon I ordered for my baked potato. It was way undercooked/raw. This is the first time I have been disappointed with anything at Porterhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerDirkDined on 8/30/2014First time dinning at the Porterhouse. The food and service were outstanding! The only drawback, and that was minor, was a noisy party close by us. They left a short time after we were seated and the noise level returned to a normal level. We'll be back again, just wish we lived closer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatcsteakBltfromstpaulDined on 8/29/2014Great and food and service. My filet was cooked perfectly, one of the best steaks I've had in a long time!Special Features:
- PerfectJackDined on 8/29/2014Our salads, mashed potatoes and steaks were excellent! We'll be back!Special Features:
- gbpecDined on 8/29/2014first time there---good value for the money---my wife loved it---my only complaint is beer selection(no Corona)Special Features:
- consistently goodkittyDined on 8/28/2014We especially enjoy bar area dining and know we can count on the usual gourmet food preparation.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014We love this restaurant-it is always consistent with the food and service so we love introducing people to it!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceDavidDined on 8/26/2014The menu provided excellent choices, and the food was prepared as ordered (steaks), the service was considerate and excellent, the server came back to check on the food and to be assured it was prepared properly, and did not hover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always!MemeDined on 8/26/2014Once again, our food and service were superb. We have never had a bad meal or poor service at Porterhouse. It is our "go to" place for special occasions and to take guests.Special Features:
- a night outItisIDined on 8/25/2014great dinner and the service and personal were excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2014The Porterhouse is a great place for steak and seafood. The Filet Mignon is one of the best I have had. We shared the filet and an order of Crab legs, delicious! Very nice atmosphere. Wait staff is professional and attentive. Always a great experience.
- My new favorite placeambbtbDined on 8/25/2014We wanted to find someplace different to go for our anniversary. I wanted seafood but my husband wanted steak. I googled those key words & found Porterhouse Steak & Seafood. We were seated in the bar area in a cozy comfortable booth. The décor is nice, the restaurant is clean, and the staff are friendly (and quick). I ordered the petite filet and the walleye filet and OH MY- it is honestly the best meal I have had in a long time! The meat was cooked perfectly and had such great flavor. The walleye was out of this world delicious. My husband ordered the prime rib and said it was delicious. To top off our evening, our waitress brought out a complimentary cake for our anniversary- yum! What a nice touch. We highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Can't go wrongRISDrentsDined on 8/24/2014A varied menu of steak, seafood and great appetizers guarantees a nice experience for carnivores. Vegetarians might be disappointed in the lack of veggie choices. Also, need some better potato choices for those steaks. Steaks were cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2014The food is always excellent at the Porterhouse, however we had a table of six seated after us and right next to us and they carried on like they were in someone's basement at a home bar............language was less than polite and they were quite loud. We cut our stay short because of them. I think they might be regular customers, but I would ask to be moved if I get seated near them again.Special Features:
- Decent restaurantPacoDined on 8/24/2014Steak was not as good as priced. Ribeye was cooked correctly but lacked the marbling and tenderness found in most prime cuts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always superb!ShelbyDined on 8/23/2014Porter House is my favorite place for an awesome filet! Great location too. Great martini's!Special Features:
- Relaxing and EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The food was excellent as was the service. The ambiance is excellent and it is comfortable to have an enjoyable convesation during your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerPuppyLoverDined on 8/22/2014We had a great time. We especially enjoyed the complimentary anniversary cake.Special Features:
- Best steaks ever!JaneDined on 8/22/2014I'm not a huge meat eater, but Porterhouse has the greatest steaks. The first place on my list for a tasty, perfectly cooked steaks.Special Features:
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014The food was very good, the cake they brought us was incredibly lite. We enjoyed our evening at your restaurant.Special Features:
- usually it's greatlovesteakwalleyeDined on 8/21/2014My wife & I go to Porterhouse several times, a year. It's our favorite place for dinner, & it's always been great food & service. Last month, though, I had a "less than desirable" beef filet. I reached out to management, in an email & unfortunately, have had no reply. This issue will not likely keep us from returning, but I'd have hoped that the manager would have felt the need to follow up.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Our service was slower than usual, but I understand one of the waitpersons did not come in that night. We felt Porterhouse handled the situation exremely well. Three of us ordered baked potatoes and they were not hot enough to melt the butter! We did not send them back, though, which we probably should have done, but we knew you were pressed for waitpersons. Another diner in our party ordered broccoli, which was delivered to her very cold, so she did ask for a replacement.Special Features:
- My placeslimwbl123Dined on 8/21/2014I love the Porterhouse. When I moved to Mn. 18 years ago, I started going to the PH by myself and I felt comfortable. The bar area is enjoyable and you always find someone to talk to. The bartenders and wait staff are excellent, friendly and fast. Now I go whenever I can either with my fiancé or with a group. We were there Thursday 8/21 with 8 people and they all loved it. Especially our birthday lady. She was surprised how nice the cake was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014It was my second time and my significant other's first time- he can't wait to go back and neither can I! We went to celebrate his birthday and the server surprised him with a generous and delicious serving of cake. The only issue we had was finding a parking spot for the first ten minutes.Special Features:
- NotTooPickyDined on 8/20/2014Very good food and service except that even though we made a reservation we did not get a table until at least 30 minutes later. To make it up to us, the seconds we were seated, a manager or supervisor came and offered us a free appetizer of our choice from the list. We got the walleye strips and it was delicious. Our server was very good. She stopped by several times making sure we got everything we needed. I wanted my steak to be medium rare and I got exactly what I asked for. I could not say that it was the best steak for me but it was exceptional to my standard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow kitchen service/poor seatingbirthdaydinnerDined on 8/20/2014We made reservations on line for a birthday celebration and arrived a bit before our time. We were seated at a table in the middle of the restaurant and asked if we could have a booth. We were told the only available booths were in the bar area - although several booths in the dining area were empty. We took the table, our waitress was prompt and took our orders for drinks, appetizers and entrees. The drinks and appetizers were served promptly, but we waited for over an hour for our entrees. Other customers who arrived after us were served dinner before we were. Food was good, but not exceptional. One of our guests was a long time customer, but said he would not be back
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014I love this restaurant - both the food and service are wonderful.Special Features:
- Dining at PorterhousegreatfoodDined on 8/16/2014Always great food, prepared perfectly. A little on the noisy side. Comfortable.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerFiveboysmomDined on 8/16/2014I had been wanting to try the restaurant for a while now. I decided our anniversary was the perfect occasion to go with another couple. The food was excellent and the service was very attentive. I would have to say the only thing I did not like was we felt very cramped in our booth and the seats were low and the table high. It was uncomfortable. Next time I would request a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a TreatscooterDined on 8/16/2014The food, drinks, and service are always excellent at the Porterhouse. For special occasions or just dining out, it's a great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectplaceDined on 8/15/2014This was the first time that myself and my husband went to the Porterhouse. It was our 27th Anniversary and it was a perfect place for us to go. The food was amazing and I can't wait to go back and try something new.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- theatergoddessDined on 8/14/2014The ambiance is clubby steakhouse. It is obvious a neighborhood favorite for good reason. I ordered salmon, my husband steak, both were cooked to perfection. The servers are always friendly and very accommodating. The spinach salad is unbelievable. Every time we visit this place we leave full and happy.Special Features: