Porterhouse Steak and Seafood - Little Canada
235 East Little Canada Road
Little Canada, MN 55117Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Porterhouse Steak and Seafood - Little Canada
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.porterhousesteakandseafood.com/
- Phone: 6514839248x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jason Michaelson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering for any event. Please contact Jason Hilderman (General Manager).
A word from Porterhouse Steak and Seafood - Little Canada
Porterhouse Steak and Seafood offers casual-fine dining with a Supper Club atmosphere. The menu consists of premium steaks aged a minimum of twenty eight days, fresh fish & seafood. All entrees are served with a choice of House, Caesar or Spinach salad, bread and choice of Potato or Vegetable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Porterhouse Steak and Seafood - Little Canada - Best Restaurants in Little Canada ›
Porterhouse Steak and Seafood - Little Canada reviews from OpenTable diners
291 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (220)neighborhood gem (150)fit for foodies (85)romantic (85)notable wine list (44)good for groups (39)hot spot (19)vibrant bar scene (15)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- birthday get togetherOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014was hoping for the halibut but not available, we had a great waitress,very attentive.deanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014I made my reservations through Open Table with a special request to surprise my husband with concert tickets. I was a little nervous the staff wouldn't get my request but to my delight they did and they were all excited to help and it went as I hoped! Thank you Julie our server for your outstanding service and recommendations! We will be back! And FYI we went on a Sunday and it was packed! Julie suggested to always make reservations no matter the day of the week to avoid a long wait;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NASA35Dined on 10/18/2014I had heard good things about the restaurant and while I didn't hate it I didn't love it....mostly because of the service. We ordered a shrimp cocktail and crab cakes for starters. I had finished my crab cakes before the gal received the shrimp???? Ordered the filet with baked; received the filet with mashed. Steak was well cooked. I know she was busy but the service was just adequate for the money spent.Special Features:
- Great food!AshleyDined on 10/17/2014My boyfriend and I found this place on accident. We were planning on going to the Chianti Grill in Roseville but noticed they had another restaurant they owned that was specialized in steak. The food was great. Eleanor was a great server. Very attentive! We were clearly the youngest people in there by 15 years but it was a great find and will definately return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but way too loudDaavDined on 10/17/2014The steak my wife ordered was really good and the service was good. However, this place is way too loud to relax and enjoy your food.Special Features:
- Good foodgwrivDined on 10/17/2014Very enjoyable night. Food was excellent. The steaks were perfectly made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is a really great place.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014The only thing that put a damper on our time there and our meals was the booth. They put us in a corner booth for 5 people. It was roomy enough, but there was no cushion in the seats. It was very uncomfortable and I have to say that I had cramps in my legs after I left the restaurant. I was not the only one that felt this way out of the 5 of us. There were a couple others that had problems also. Please make your seating more comfortable for us older folks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummymemaDined on 10/16/2014Food is always consistently good. Love to go for a great treatSpecial Features:
- Best steak!SpellyVIPDined on 10/16/20147 put of 8 in our party had steak and said it was the best!! I had the salmon and it was also very good. Nice touch with the birthday cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMchelleDined on 10/15/2014This was not my first meal at Porterhouse, but I will definitely re-think coming again for any kind of meal where I am looking for a classy, quiet and/or romantic dining experience. When we arrived the middle of the smallish dining room was occupied by a large and boisterous family, complete with children running about. It was so loud my date and I couldn't hold a decent conversation and found the server near impossible to hear. She didn't seem happy either and although we laughed it off as one of those things, we couldn't leave soon enough. Had the atmosphere been different, I know we'd have stayed for dessert and coffee.
- ExcellentSHVacationDined on 10/14/2014Everything is always excellent at The Porterhouse Restaurant - from the greeting at the door, to the wait staff and the chefs. The food is always prepared exactly as ordered.Special Features:
- First bad experienceLike2dineDined on 10/14/2014We love this place. On this night however it was not as great as usual. The waitress appeared to be having a bad night and was not very friendly. I ordered the pork chop special and found it to be a bit dry and the sauce was a bit tasteless. We will be back however because we love this place. May sit in the bar next time with HowieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!LolaDined on 10/13/2014We were celebrating a birthday and, after our scrumptious meal, our waitress brought us a birthday cake with a candle to blow out. She made us feel very special!Special Features:
- Food and service always excellentLilacDined on 10/12/2014Our family has come here for years because the service, food and atmosphere are always excellent. Their steaks and fish are just delicious and the portions are generous- typically take home enough for another meal. Their New England clam chowder is the best! You are seated at or before your reservation time and the hostess and servers are great.Special Features:
- Service needs improvementdineoftenDined on 10/11/2014Seems to be a place that locals frequent - believe that since this was our first time there we were somewhat ignored. Baked potato and my husbands mashed potatoes were not warm. Did not see waitress often but she was busy taking care of her other tables.Special Features:
- 3rd time was not a charmCharmedNoMoreDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I have been to Porterhouse now three times. We reserve Porterhouse dining for special occasions and have been extremely pleased in the past. However, our third visit was not a charm. Neither of us were impressed with our food. Our service was great. We still had a nice time celebrating our anniversary...will we dine at Porterhouse again and call it a fluke? The answer still remains...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Standard steak restaurantBrightlightDined on 10/10/2014The ambiance of the restaurant was very old school and country, like a standard steak house. The food was good but not original or different and the ingredients were all very standard. Overall it was a good meal but not a place I would suggest when compared to other restaurants in Minneapolis.Special Features:
- SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014The pictures on the internet shows a completely different picture. The food was very good! Some of the wait staff, very snobbish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greattimeDined on 10/10/2014We had a great experience at Porterhouse and have no complaints at all...Fabulous food, great drinks, beautiful ambiance and a terrific waiter who was very attentive and professional in fulfilling our needs. We had not been at this restaurant for almost a year but we were very well aware that it had been way too long after realizing what a wonderful dining experience we have whenever we come here. Thank you.. and see you again soon!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014big disappointment for $170! mom had the cobb salad w/steak...steak bites very tough. Dad had lite fare walleye...very little flavor the size of a sardine! birthday boy of 27 years had a large steak with tons of fat, 2/3rds was fat! I great meal with 2nd son, filet mignon...good. bread would have been good had it been warm. This was our first time at this restaurant, big disappointment for our birthday celebration. Oh! The chic cake was good.
- love Jennifer & Howie!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/7/2014We are glad you brought back the prawns, they are always cooked perfectly! Would love to see the bacon cheddar mashed potatoes back. Prices went up but meat and seafood are crazy expensive so that's to be expected. Porterhouse never disappoints and is worth every dollar you will spend! Thanks, as always, to Jason and wonderful staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to have a nice dinnerMicwhenVIPDined on 10/6/2014I schedule many business meals here. Everyone loves the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best Things GoingHappyDinerDined on 10/6/2014Totally enjoyed our dining experience again at Porterhouse. The wait staff, appetizer, dinner, and wine were the best. Steak dinners with the works can not be beat. The steak is so good you hardly need a knife. We will be back again and again and again. We would not hesitate bringing any of our friends or family to Porterhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- M & MMichaelMary127Dined on 10/5/2014We always enjoy Porter House, great food, great service and this time was our 40th Wedding Anniversary so it was extra special!!!Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceJoanDDined on 10/4/2014We were celebrating a birthday and were intently talking. Our waiter was very respectful of our conversations and worked our table with just the right amount of interruptions to give good service. Each of us was over joyed at the food selection we had made. Everything was perfectly prepared and delivered hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstandinglove2dineoutDined on 10/3/2014Great food, drinks, and ambience. Special restaurant for special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night OutNightOutDined on 10/2/2014It was recommended by my co-workers. It was our first night out without the children in a few weeks. It was a good experience. Food was delicious! It was a nice quiet setting and it felt great to go out and not have the loud bar setting. Would definitely recommend it to someone who is looking for a nice couples night out.Special Features:
- Excellent EveningpickyeaterDined on 10/1/2014We always enjoy coming here for special occasions. The food is predictably great and the staff makes an evening dinner very special. Thank you for the integrity of a dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceCathyDined on 9/29/2014I had the salmon special & my husband had the rib eye steak. Both EXCELLENT. We were celebrating our anniversary and it couldn't have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time mistakes were made.WanderingPuffinDined on 9/28/2014My fiance and business partner have dined at Porterhouse many times and this time, mistakes were made. We had never had to send back a steak at Porterhouse and she had to send back her filet not once, but twice. The steaks, both hers and mine we not seasoned well and although the service was good, dining next to a crying baby and another child kicking the back of the seat, did not add to the ambiance. This was a celebration of the start of my 8th in business and unlike other times, this time was frankly disappointing. I am sure that we will return, as we have celebrated birthdays there, but we truly were disappointed in the overall experience based on our many past dining experiences at Porterhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Best steak in town. Adding a patio would be fabulous!Special Features:
- Another great dinner at PorterhousecharboyDined on 9/26/2014We had great service and wonderful food. They even made up a special dish that was not on their menu. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2014This restaurant never disappoints. Food is perfect every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SEARCH NO MORE!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014The NY steak was hot and done to perfection(medium rare), and the price and value was unbelievable. No need to head Downtown to those expensive places and end up getting less! PLUS, our waitress Heather was the BEST!!! JOHNSpecial Features:
- Don't sit in the bar!likediningDined on 9/24/2014We were seated in a booth in the bar for our dinner. It was very noisy and we were hardly able to converse. The food and service was very good.Special Features:
- The Old ReliableJandADined on 9/23/2014When we want a good steak or seafood, we know we can always count on Porterhouse for its great menu and amazing chef who has not messed up a meal, yet. The waitstaff is efficient, but never in your face. The atmosphere is also very pleasant.Special Features:
- BillBillDined on 9/21/2014We've eaten many meals at the Porterhouse in Little Canada and most of the time we had a pleasant experience; however, our last visit was marginal. Food came out luke warm. Server was not attentive to our table. She didn't ask if we were celebrating an event even though I noted on the online reservation it was our wedding anniversary. We dined on a Sunday night at 6:30 so it wasn't as busy like a Friday or Saturday night. Overall, a very disappointing experience. Not sure we'll go back any time soon or if we did, I would ask not to be seated at a table served by Kari.
- Great SteaklarryderrDined on 9/21/2014The Filet and walleye I had was great.My wife also loved the white cake that we received because it was our anniversarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NorthforkDined on 9/20/2014We enjoy the menu selections, the opportunity to order a lighter menu, the service, and moderate pricing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Our food was really good,but I feel as though it wasn't as clean as a restaurant should be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.