Porterhouse Steak and Seafood - Lakeville
11211 205th Street West
Lakeville, MN 55044Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Porterhouse Steak and Seafood - Lakeville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.porterhousesteakandseafood.com/
- Phone: 9524692995x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: David Hyde
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Porterhouse Steak and Seafood - Lakeville
Porterhouse Steak and Seafood offers casual-fine dining with a Supper Club atmosphere. The menu consists of premium steaks aged a minimum of twenty eight days, fresh fish & seafood. All entrees are served with a choice of House, Caesar or Spinach salad, bread and choice of Potato or Vegetable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Porterhouse Steak and Seafood - Lakeville - Best Restaurants in Lakeville ›
Porterhouse Steak and Seafood - Lakeville reviews from OpenTable diners
321 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (255)romantic (116)neighborhood gem (110)fit for foodies (82)notable wine list (78)good for groups (57)great for outdoor dining (19)hot spot (18)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (12)vibrant bar scene (9)great for brunch (8)great for lunch (6)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great food!dessieDined on 9/14/2014We have never been disappointed with any of our choices at Porterhouse & always look forward to going there. We are only in town for half the year so don't get there as often as we'd like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Food and drinks were fantastic. Best dinner I've had in months.Special Features:
- Fabulous Restaurant!luvtheirfoodDined on 9/13/2014My Husband and I love this restaurant. The food is absolutely fabulous and delicious! It is very welcoming, the staff goes above and beyond. Very well organized. Very well trained employees that cater to all their customers. We dine at this restaurant for special occasions because of the higher prices. For us it is not just a pop-in stop, reservations are needed. Porterhouse is always, on any day of the week, packed with customers. The ambiance and décor are wonderful and relaxing! It is the best restaurant for us within a short distance from our home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Great service, great food, quiet atmosphere. We love eating here and save it for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 44 years of happiness44yrsofloveDined on 9/12/2014Thank you for a lovely evening as we celebrated our 44th anniversary. The Open Table reservation online was the way to go. We arrived with no waiting for our table due to having our reservation ahead of time. Very romantic atmosphere. Our waiter was a fun with an outgoing personality. Was impressed how the entire team of waiters and hosts all worked together to make sure our water glasses were always full and empty used plates were taken away without us even knowing it was happening. As a surprise we received a desert of choice due to our anniversary celebration, all the food was delicious! A very nice experience, thanks to everyone who works at the PorterHouse, we enjoyed our time spent with you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than expectedluvadealDined on 9/12/2014We've eaten at Porterhouse Lakeville several times. This time the potato was not as soft or tasty as usual and the "medium" porterhouse steak was not as tender as in the past--more the texture of a sirloin-- (and had a huge bone). My Caesar salad had little to no dressing and was small amount of lettuce, with very little cheese. Our waiter was not warm and friendly like we usually expect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun time8094Dined on 9/11/2014great food and even better servive make a top drawer experience for any occasionSpecial Features:
- Porterhouse Restaurant LakevilleRibILoveDined on 9/11/2014We knew going in with a group of 7, it would be pricey. However, the rib eye was mouth watering delicious. Great marbling and seasoned just right. Who needed a steak knife? Maybe more of a place for bringing a client, or a couple on a special occasion rather than a big group. Service was magnificent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DennyDined on 9/10/2014Fantastic best restaurant in the twin cities, bar none! Their Rib Eye is the best I've ever had, time after time, after time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Great experience! Waiter was outstanding. Everyone was super friendly and most accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turn on the lights, please!NonVegansDined on 9/6/2014I rated the ambiance a 2 because its incredibly dark which made reading the glossy menu very difficult. Good thing my cell phone had a flashlight function. We started with the Crab cakes which were very good for Minnesota. The Caesar side salad was good and I was pleased I was offered anchovies. I ordered the "Black 'n Blue Ribeye which was an excellent value. My wife had the regular Ribeye. We both had the small size steaks and ended up taking home the leftovers. We requested the steaks be cooked differently; mine med rare and my wife's rare. They mixed up the order but was quickly corrected. Along with the leftovers, we took home a nice piece of carrot cake which was very good. The wine pour was generous which I appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb diningJannieDined on 9/6/2014This was our first visit, of many to come. Food was superb and wait staff were exceptional and attentive (but not too attentive). Obviously they only hire experienced waiters. I already have plans to visit on my own even, and grab a seat at the bar for a salad and the wonderful Malbec I enjoyed.Special Features:
- amazingsallysmiDined on 9/6/2014lobster tail and scallops were amazing--steak black N blue was soooo tender and tasty, highly recommend. Service was exceptional. Water was refilled, beverages fresh and full, samples of wine for recommendation.Special Features:
- mevsfoodDined on 9/6/2014Service was top notch from when we walked in until we walked out. Food and drinks must have been good because we walked out feeling like a couple of stuffed chops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMMYDined on 9/5/2014The food and the service were excellent as usual - we had a large group to handle the the waiter did an excellent job.Special Features:
- LauraDined on 9/5/2014The food and service has consistently been outstanding. The energy at the restaurant is upbeat, but can be hard to hear your dinner guest when sitting near groups celebrating an important event. The modest size of the restaurant keeps the restaurant full, efficient and neighborhood friendly. Love it.Special Features:
- the food is excellent but....OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2014they need a few chicken options like a baked chicken dish would be good. the coffee is excellent service excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special servicespecial31occasionDined on 9/3/2014The setting was beautiful and the service was personal, warm and friendly. The food was delicious and delivered to the table exactly as ordered. For such nice visual atmosphere, attentive service and tasty food the noise level was quite loud. If there was background music it could not be heard over the sounds of conversation. We had to strain to hear one another. If we return we may request a booth to see if that helps with the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the rest!!PopparocDined on 9/2/2014Have come here since the initial opening, and always enjoy the atmosphere and consistently fabulous food! The trip distance is also quite good, due to our living in Northfield. Among our few other frequented dining establishments, Porterhouse is the beaming standout of them all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delishfoodieDined on 9/1/2014We were celebrating our birthday together. The service was attentive. Ordered the filet mignon (pink) and it just melted in our mouths. The spinach salad with the warm bacon dressing was very tasty. Enjoyed the Minnesota Blend wine. Since we were celebrating our birthday we were served a complementary dessert. The cake was light and airy and was not disappointed. We definitely will return when we celebrate another special occasion. $$$Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food30MilesDined on 9/1/2014This is a beautiful restaurant. The food is exceptional with the best steaks we have ever had. We chose this restaurant to celebrate our 46th anniversary because we knew, having been there once before, that we would not be disappointed. When I booked the reservation, I noted we would be celebrating our anniversary. We were disappointed the fireplace was not running...it doesn't put off that much heat but adds ombiance to the setting. I expressed we was there to celebrate our anniversary... I had assumed we would receive a complimentary dessert but we didn't....sad because the class of this restaurant would warrent it. We drove thirty miles just to celebrate at this restaurant....we drive thirty miles to celebrate at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Fantastic restaurant and staffOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014We have been there several times and the food and service are always fantastic. We had split prawns for an appetizer that were delicious and huge! I ordered parmesan crusted walleye and my husband had a filet that was 1 1/2 inches thick. The table next to us had dessert - carrot cake - that could feed and entire family. Everyone from the hostess, bar staff, waitress, and management were super friendly and checked to make sure everything was perfect. They never disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was outstandingPomerbomberDined on 8/29/2014Best steak ever and love the smaller portions menu. Kids could make a meal out of the appetizer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-So FoodMcCormickDined on 8/29/2014Salad dressing a little too sweet; Salamon a bit overcooked & dry; steak was fair. Dessert was fair. Food overall - not memorable or standout.
- Food and ServiceCharlie1Dined on 8/28/2014The food was awesome as well as the service. This was our first time and we were blown away with the quality of the food and the right size portions too. The wait staff couldn't have been better! Very friendly, knowledgeable and eager to help make our experience even better. I would recommend this to friends and we will plan to go again, soon.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantTominCreditRiverDined on 8/26/2014Again, we found Porterhouse was simply top notch. Hosted dinner there this week with guests from Texas, who were also very impressed with the food, the service, and the ambiance. They really do a great job ! Outstanding steaks, prepared to perfection.Special Features:
- Great restaurantLennyDined on 8/25/2014Always consistently great food. Nice atmosphere, great service, honors reservation, very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- saraSaraDined on 8/24/2014Fabulous food as usual. We've never been disappointed with Porterhouse staff and food.Special Features:
- NummylynnsecretDined on 8/24/2014as always it was very good. Great Location. Wonderful serviceSpecial Features:
- DisappointedKneesknowsDined on 8/24/2014This experience was very disappointing, the last thing I expected was a tough $34.00 porterhouse steak. The service was very good and the ambience wonderful. I don't think that I will return, you can have all the bells and whistles but if the food in not good why come back ?Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014We go here for special occasion and the food is always wonderful and the service is awesome. If you are looking for a fine dining experience where you can where a suit and tie or jeans this is the place to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Night SpothawkeyeannieDined on 8/23/2014Food was excellent. Best scallops we've had in the Twin Cities. Chocolate cake excellent. Joseph was a bit over the top, but attentive. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Date NightEBAndersonDined on 8/23/2014Great food and great service all with a romantic ambience!! Would highly recommend!!Special Features:
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The food was outstanding and the service was great. Love this place!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Best filet mignon I've had in a long time! And excellent service from Joseph.Special Features:
- Great steakOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014My Wife and I always have our special occasion dinners here. Never been disappointed! The food is outstanding, the filet mignon is the best! It melts in your mouth, and is always cooked to perfection! Fish is great here also, and great service too. You get a discount coupon on your birthday and anniversary if you join their "bread club. Prices are moderate to high, but worth it in my opinion!Special Features:
- WonderfulLuvminnesotaDined on 8/21/2014This was a great dining experience. The food, wine, dessert and the service could not have been better. The steaks were cooked to perfection and presentation was exceptional. Our server took her time with us and made great wine suggestions. Dessert was ENORMOUS, enough for four people. We will certainly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great each time at rest.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/20/2014The food is the best - you get whAt you pay for. The wait staff is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- orlandoDined on 8/20/2014Excellent experience. From the moment we entered the door until we exited the building we felt special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experiencepkrumrieDined on 8/19/2014WE had a group of 12 and the whole staff pulled together to make this a memorable occasion for my daughter's birthday. The food is always top-notch and the choices are right on. Thanks for all you didSpecial Features: