Porterhouse Steak and Seafood - Lakeville
11211 205th Street West
Lakeville, MN 55044Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Porterhouse Steak and Seafood - Lakeville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.porterhousesteakandseafood.com/
- Phone: 9524692995x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: David Hyde
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Porterhouse Steak and Seafood - Lakeville
Porterhouse Steak and Seafood offers casual-fine dining with a Supper Club atmosphere. The menu consists of premium steaks aged a minimum of twenty eight days, fresh fish & seafood. All entrees are served with a choice of House, Caesar or Spinach salad, bread and choice of Potato or Vegetable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Porterhouse Steak and Seafood - Lakeville - Best Restaurants in Lakeville ›
Porterhouse Steak and Seafood - Lakeville reviews from OpenTable diners
309 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (241)romantic (108)neighborhood gem (98)fit for foodies (77)notable wine list (72)good for groups (53)great for outdoor dining (19)hot spot (16)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (3)great for lunch (3)Show More
- Fantastic restaurant and staffOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014We have been there several times and the food and service are always fantastic. We had split prawns for an appetizer that were delicious and huge! I ordered parmesan crusted walleye and my husband had a filet that was 1 1/2 inches thick. The table next to us had dessert - carrot cake - that could feed and entire family. Everyone from the hostess, bar staff, waitress, and management were super friendly and checked to make sure everything was perfect. They never disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was outstandingPomerbomberDined on 8/29/2014Best steak ever and love the smaller portions menu. Kids could make a meal out of the appetizer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-So FoodMcCormickDined on 8/29/2014Salad dressing a little too sweet; Salamon a bit overcooked & dry; steak was fair. Dessert was fair. Food overall - not memorable or standout.
- Food and ServiceCharlie1Dined on 8/28/2014The food was awesome as well as the service. This was our first time and we were blown away with the quality of the food and the right size portions too. The wait staff couldn't have been better! Very friendly, knowledgeable and eager to help make our experience even better. I would recommend this to friends and we will plan to go again, soon.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantTominCreditRiverDined on 8/26/2014Again, we found Porterhouse was simply top notch. Hosted dinner there this week with guests from Texas, who were also very impressed with the food, the service, and the ambiance. They really do a great job ! Outstanding steaks, prepared to perfection.Special Features:
- Great restaurantLennyDined on 8/25/2014Always consistently great food. Nice atmosphere, great service, honors reservation, very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- saraSaraDined on 8/24/2014Fabulous food as usual. We've never been disappointed with Porterhouse staff and food.Special Features:
- NummylynnsecretDined on 8/24/2014as always it was very good. Great Location. Wonderful serviceSpecial Features:
- DisappointedKneesknowsDined on 8/24/2014This experience was very disappointing, the last thing I expected was a tough $34.00 porterhouse steak. The service was very good and the ambience wonderful. I don't think that I will return, you can have all the bells and whistles but if the food in not good why come back ?Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014We go here for special occasion and the food is always wonderful and the service is awesome. If you are looking for a fine dining experience where you can where a suit and tie or jeans this is the place to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Night SpothawkeyeannieDined on 8/23/2014Food was excellent. Best scallops we've had in the Twin Cities. Chocolate cake excellent. Joseph was a bit over the top, but attentive. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Date NightEBAndersonDined on 8/23/2014Great food and great service all with a romantic ambience!! Would highly recommend!!Special Features:
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The food was outstanding and the service was great. Love this place!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Best filet mignon I've had in a long time! And excellent service from Joseph.Special Features:
- Great steakOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014My Wife and I always have our special occasion dinners here. Never been disappointed! The food is outstanding, the filet mignon is the best! It melts in your mouth, and is always cooked to perfection! Fish is great here also, and great service too. You get a discount coupon on your birthday and anniversary if you join their "bread club. Prices are moderate to high, but worth it in my opinion!Special Features:
- WonderfulLuvminnesotaDined on 8/21/2014This was a great dining experience. The food, wine, dessert and the service could not have been better. The steaks were cooked to perfection and presentation was exceptional. Our server took her time with us and made great wine suggestions. Dessert was ENORMOUS, enough for four people. We will certainly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great each time at rest.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/20/2014The food is the best - you get whAt you pay for. The wait staff is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- orlandoDined on 8/20/2014Excellent experience. From the moment we entered the door until we exited the building we felt special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experiencepkrumrieDined on 8/19/2014WE had a group of 12 and the whole staff pulled together to make this a memorable occasion for my daughter's birthday. The food is always top-notch and the choices are right on. Thanks for all you didSpecial Features:
- EXCELLENTCookieDined on 8/17/2014Food & service was excellent in every way.....as usual....will keep coming back again and again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014Wonderful service! At first I was disappointed to see the Prawns were not on the menu; that is my all-time favorite dish at Porterhouse. Lucky for me they had a special appetizer that included prawns so they offered to create an entree for me. That made me very happy and my dinner was excellent. Please, Porterhouse, bring back those lovely Prawns!!!Special Features:
- Worth it.TweetybirdDined on 8/16/2014Excellent food and service. We Are Never disappointed. This is one restaurant meal where we know the food will be delicious and we haven't wasted our money. The dining room can be noisy and the ambiance is lacking but the food makes it a worthwhile destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyDined on 8/16/2014This is a very special place for a special event in our family. Everyone loved their meal! Two chefs in our party. They come several times in a year. Our server, Joseph, was a delight.Special Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014We had a wonderful dining experience at Porterhouse. The food was outstanding as was the service. I would highly recommend Porterhouse.Special Features:
- Wonderful find!ShelleyDined on 8/13/2014We recently dined here for our anniversary. We were seated immediately just outside the kitchen door, which was very noisy. After switching to a different table we ordered drinks off of their very nice bar menu. They had a nice wine list as well. Dinner arrived promptly. The scallops were beautifully plated, and were moist and delicious. The black and bleu steak was cooked to perfection and tender. My personal highlight was the horseradish mashed potatoes; you really have to try them! Our server was attentive, but not hovering all evening, and she offered us a free anniversary dessert. The Creme Brulee was delightful! A wonderful evening for both of us, and we will certainly return!Special Features:
- Excellent servicedinetimeDined on 8/13/2014The french onion soup was a little different this time with less chese that before. Also the porterhouse had some tough and chewy areas on it. The rib eye and creme brulet was excellent and so was the service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014did not like the table (it was huge and so we sat side by side) we had especially since I asked for a nice table for two.
- Special birthdayGerhardsdatterDined on 8/11/2014Our family gathered to celebrate my mother's 75th birthday and it was a treat for all of us. The server was gracious and helpful, the food was outstanding. I had the petite filet with 'the works', sauteed onions, mushrooms and bearnaise sauce, enough to share. They also brought a complimentary cake out after dinner, large enough for eight to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal and ExperiencePhantomDined on 8/8/2014We were more than pleased with the food and service provided. The meal was great and service was excellent, not too intrusive nor tardy with requests. Enjoyed our 50th Anniversary dinner with our friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generous martinisFamilyof4Dined on 8/6/2014Very strong and genorous martinis! Great special: jalepeno bacon wrapped scallops!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/6/2014Everything was great we got in early. We enjoy coming for the quiet atmosphere and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulousdlhflygirlDined on 8/4/2014great experience. celebrated my birthday. wonderful meal and service. will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 88th Birthday celebrationJulieDined on 8/2/2014We had a very enjoyable night celebrating a birthday ~ the food was excellent and the service was amazing! Bonnie was our Server and she made everything just perfect ~ very personable, attentive, efficient and accommodating! We will definitely come back for future special occasions as well as just an evening out.Special Features:
- Porterhouse Birthday BashCookiemaker1420Dined on 8/1/2014We (4) came here for our birthday bash (3/4 have birthdays in July). Each year some one else plans it. This was my turn and I chose Porterhouse because I'd been here once before and loved it. As expected, the wait person, Bonnie, was a delight and catered to our every wish. My finicky sister-in-law ordered a petite filet mignon medium - it came out medium rare and was sent back for more cooking (twice) until it was to her liking. She should have ordered it well done, so I can't fault Porterhouse! We all thought the steaks were excellent and sides good too. As an added bonus, we were presented with a complimentary cake for dessert to celebrate the birthdays. Ambience is terrific here. A perfect meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/27/2014Porterhouse was a perfect place to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The service was very attentive, friendly and professional, the food was delicious with many options of how to combine steak and seafood for the perfect meal. I appreciate that the salad and side is included in the meal, unlike many other fine dining places where everything is ala carte. My only suggestion (very minor) is that the plating/presentation could use a little work. Thank you for a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!JLIggyDinerDined on 7/26/2014Porterhouse is undeniably the best restaurant we've dined at for steak & seafood! The tenderest steaks cooked to perfection as well as incomparable service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CwillcabCwillcabDined on 7/26/2014We love the steaks at Porterhouse. Ambience is great and great food at a good price.Special Features:
- Great Food Terriable HostessteamrevDined on 7/24/2014Have been there many times. Always request the same thing. They never read the reservation till you walk in the door. Then they argue with you when you point it out. We love the food but the host staff is never friendly. The wait staff is generally very good. We will use up what we have left for gift cards and then wont return.
- First and Last Visit!!HorribleDined on 7/22/2014This was my first visit and chose my birthday to go. Service was horrible! We waited 10 minutes just to get water. We brought our 10 year old son and they only had one kids meal. ONLY ONE?!?!? We got our food and the steaks were awful. No flavor at all. My sons meal consisted of a corn dog, garlic toast and a Jello pudding cup. They didn't even bother to hid the fact it was a jello pudding cup because all they did was remove the lid and add whipped cream. How tacky! The waitress was consistently not available. Once my husband copped an attitude, she did the same. Not cool! We spent $90 and had the worst meal and experience ever. Way to ruin my birthday!
- janeDined on 7/22/2014Then filet of mignon was excellent along with the baked potatoe, but the mashed potaoes with bacon I did not care for because their was to many chunks of fatty bacon , two people that had the potaoes had the same view. The service was good, and the apmostphere was also nice,Special Features: