Porterhouse Steak and Seafood - Lakeville
11211 205th Street West
Lakeville, MN 55044Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Porterhouse Steak and Seafood - Lakeville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.porterhousesteakandseafood.com/
- Phone: (952) 469-2995
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: David Hyde
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Porterhouse Steak and Seafood - Lakeville
Porterhouse Steak and Seafood offers casual-fine dining with a Supper Club atmosphere. The menu consists of premium steaks aged a minimum of twenty eight days, fresh fish & seafood. All entrees are served with a choice of House, Caesar or Spinach salad, bread and choice of Potato or Vegetable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Porterhouse Steak and Seafood - Lakeville - Best Restaurants in Lakeville ›
Porterhouse Steak and Seafood - Lakeville reviews from OpenTable diners
289 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (232)romantic (122)neighborhood gem (102)fit for foodies (81)notable wine list (78)good for groups (59)hot spot (23)great for outdoor dining (20)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (10)vibrant bar scene (10)great for brunch (7)great for lunch (7)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014By making a reservation through open table we got our table on time I even changed my reservation from 2 to 4 persons and had no problem. The food and the service was excellent. When we got our table we were waited on right away our food was served fast and our drinks were kept full without looking for service. This was a very good experience. Thank you open table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/22/2014We always have a great experienced at Porterhouse. The food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very busy which is a good sign..FuntimeDined on 11/19/2014Even with a reservation, we were seated at the last open table in the middle of the main dining area. It was crowded and the hostess had to ask other guests to move in their chairs to allow us to be seated. Service was great and food very good - what we have come to expect from Porterhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BethDined on 11/15/2014The food was excellent! Chicken Florentine and Rib Eye was great. Our host was very attentive. In the Special Instructions I said it was our 46th anniversary thinking we would maybe get a free dessert but was never mentioned. :( Overall very pleased!! Will definitely be back and will pass the word on to our friends. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerJffdDined on 11/14/2014We had a fabulous anniversary dinner from the wine to the dessert (which was complimentary). The steaks were prepared perfectly and the waiter was GREAT. Would certainly go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food2wdjwhfDined on 11/12/2014The food is always exceptional, the service is great, and the atmosphere is lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always StellarOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2014The ambiance, food, and service are always impeccable at Porterhouse/Lakeville. Whether seated in/at the bar or in the dining room you will be completely taken care of on every level. Favorite local spot!Special Features:
- The Best!!2by2Dined on 11/9/2014We choose Porterhouse because we know the food and service is the very best. We choose it for a special celebration or an excellent dinner out together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lotus05Dined on 11/8/2014over all food are very good, server was excellent, but my rib'eye steak was over cooked when I made a point that it should be cooked to the degree of doneness in(BLUE), it was more like in medium rare with a warm center. It was four of us in for a very special celebration and the tap was in the $300 by the end of the night. I will go back again and hope the chief will cook my steak to the right temperature on our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/8/2014This is a favorite of mine! Always wonderful top of the line service and the food is fantastic!! I am a regular and Proterhouse always is wonderful all around. I highly recommend!Special Features:
- no flavoringOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/8/2014no seasoning on the steaks. bring your own. too bad rest of food was great. very spendy for what you get. crab cakes are great but a rip off 2- $12.00Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Anniv DinnerPopeye76Dined on 11/8/2014We went to Porterhouse for our anniversary. We arrived when it opened on a Saturday. The food was outstanding (shrimp apps, ribeyes, scallops). We also enjoyed the desserts (cake and creme brulee). Our waiter was attentive, but not overbearing. It was quiet and private when we arrived and was fairly full when we left, but it never seemed too loud or crowded. I would recommend getting a booth. Budget wise, we couldn't go there very often, but the portions are good sized and we brought home leftovers. Overall, we had a great evening and it will be at the top of our list for future special occasions.Special Features:
- great food......... little ambianceluv2eatDined on 11/7/2014Food here is always fantastic from steaks to fish and Ahi appetizer. Upon entry the restaurant is beautiful and this flows into the bar area, which it nicely lit. Unfortunately, the decor and ambiance don't seep into the seating area, it is very bare except for the fireplace and a bit noisy. You'd expect a nicer dining room for the price as food is bit steep for a suburban restaurant. We dine here because it's close to home and food is always great. If they changed the restaurant ambiance to match the quality of food, we would dine here a lot. Service is always good and wine list is very nice. Great place to hang at the bar and have appetizers.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014Staff was very efficient & friendly. Food was fabulous.Special Features:
- Porterhouse great for celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014Came with friend and family to Porterhouse for the first time on my birthday. Enjoyed great appetizers, very generous drinks and a most delicious filet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/4/2014We are never disappointed at Porter House!!! Best steak in town! Love the walleye! Crème Brulee is great!Special Features:
- Strange MixRollieBDined on 11/4/2014It was our second time at PorterHouse in Lakeville. This place has a very eclectic mix of clientele; from folks in camo, henleys and jeans, to those dressed up in sport coats and eveningwear for a special dinner. Food was just OK. Service was very good. We may be back but it's not high on our list of go-to restaurants.Special Features:
- Noise level a big problemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/2/2014Excellent steak - good food. The building was WAY TOO NOISY. We had to shout at each other to talk. Would not come back unless there is a time when it is much more quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Porterhouse LakevilleMrEpicureanDined on 11/1/2014We enjoyed a nice dinner. The food was outstanding. Great place for a romantic dinner or just a nice way to end the week. Very clean and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014Great serice but very noisy...not great for romance...could hardly hear across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeborahDeborahDined on 10/26/2014Always lovely! Steaks and mashed potatoes are to die for and the servers are always friendly and knowlegable! We love this steak house.
- BeeDinesDined on 10/26/2014We had a great dinner with family. The experience was again awesome...great food, service and overall lovely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!BsymnmomDined on 10/24/2014Our go to restaurant when we want a good steak. The food and service are always wonderful. You cannot go wrong at Porterhouse.Special Features:
- Love This Restaurant!ShellieDined on 10/24/2014My entire family loves coming to Porterhouse. Their steaks and walleye are amazing, and the service is outstanding.Special Features:
- Disappointing Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Service was good the food was not the best. We started with the Bacon Wrapped Scallops for our appetizer and they were fantastic. It was down hill from there. My wife and I ordered the Black and Bleu Ribeye. It took almost an hour to get our steak. We saw multiple tables around us that were seated well after us served before we were. When our server finally realized that we hadn't received our meal he checked with the kitchen and they had forgot about us. In turn they rushed the steak out and it was undercooked. They attempted to correct it but then it was very overcooked. We were offered a free desert for our trouble, but I was getting that for my birthday anyway. We didn't complain at all, but our experience was disappointing.
- SteakdinetimeDined on 10/23/2014I ordered a NY Strip steak and it was a little tough and chewy which is unusual because I have had it there before and was excellent. They did replace it and it was fine then.Special Features:
- This is our restaurantTomsDined on 10/22/2014I do event planning for a living and when I want a guaranteed great meal this is the spot. Fabulous steaks and seafood, always wonderful.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceScaleman1Dined on 10/22/2014Steak and wine spot south of the river . Hidden gem in.LakevilleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food was greatGlennVDined on 10/22/2014while I really enjoyed the food, it seemed to take quite awhile to get to us. the service was outstanding!Special Features:
- Great staffLocalfoodieDined on 10/21/2014Servers and staff friendly and helpful. Nice to be able to have fine dining in the outskirts of the cities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReflectionsBirthdayDined on 10/20/2014We arrived on time and the reservation was acknowledged without a delay. The service was what we expected. Prompt and yet not overly intrusive. Food was served adequately and was hot and tasty. It was a special occasion and they treated it as such. We will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant experience!FoodFinderDined on 10/17/2014Early to our reservation, we were still promptly seated! Our server was pleasant and injected her personality into her service, so that is always nice. It was a nice way to celebrate a birthday--though, I'm not sure I would go back for just a random night out unless we went to the bar side. The food was very well prepared overall, though the chowder was a bit over-peppered and the bread was though it had been pulled from a fridge (why not take a minute a warm it?). The carrot cake is wonderful, even if they don't make it on-site. The ambiance is warm and inviting, the decor is a bit random. Kind of like this review! :) Overall, a good experience that didn't require a trip downtown.Special Features:
- KcandjcDined on 10/17/2014The black and blue steak is our favorite! Love the spinach SaladiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarrieDined on 10/17/2014Originally we were seated in the open next to a large group, but on our request the waitress and hostess moved us to a booth. The booth allowed for conversation. The waitress was knowledge about wines and the menu making several wonderful suggestions. Thank you for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Reunion with FriendsSmilingTigerDined on 10/17/2014We chose Porterhouse for a special dinner with our former neighbors who remain good friends. We ordered the stuffed mushroom appetizer, the combination dinner with the 9 oz fillet and scallops, and the creme brulee. The food and service were excellent. We also had a Manhattan and Martini before dinner. The drinks were OK, but seemed a little "watered" down.Special Features:
- AWESOME FOOD (not downtown!)susanDined on 10/17/2014Food was top rank - can't believe I can't a filet and lobster tail this good without driving downtown!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unimpressive for the pricesmilesforgoodfoodDined on 10/15/2014Our anniversary dinner opportunity had us searching for someplace new and special. We had considered Porterhouse for our groom's dinner, a few years ago, but decided on a different locale. This year's visit was going to be a special adventure, but it turned out less than good. We made a reservation, but were made to wait for 30 minutes on arrival. My wife's steak was heavily salted, and her vegetable was oily from cooking oil. My walleye was flavorless and disappointing. Several peripheral things were great, including the creme brulee, carrot cake, bread basket, wine and my frozen drink, but it was the dinner of a quality in keeping with the price we were paying which brought us to Porterhouse. We might stop in for dessert some day.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining Experienceguitarman12Dined on 10/15/2014Porterhouse Lakeville is a wonderful restaurant for special occasions and in my opinion is the overall top restaurant in the far southern Twin Cites area.Special Features:
- Dining ExcellenceEddoDined on 10/11/2014They do everything the right way there. Friendly and knowledgeable service. Drinks made by a professional. The meats are from the best cuts, and prepared just like one wants them. The overall experience was excellent, and consistent with our prior experiences for dining there. I hate to label it a "10", but that's what it gets as we have not had a bummer episode there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was disappointedMaryDined on 10/10/2014We remember the food as being better then it was. Our Steaks were not cooked the way we liked them and they We're not as good as before. Our fault for not sending Them back. The waiter did a great job.