Porter House New York
10 Columbus Circle
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Porter House New York
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.porterhousenewyork.com/
- Phone: 2128239500x
- Hours of Operation:
Porter House New York serves from 11:30am until 10:00pm Sunday through Wednesday and Thursday through Saturday 11:30am until 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Michael Lomonaco
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a wide selection of dining options in our private rooms including lunch, dinner and cocktail receptions, with each event customized to your personal needs.
- Special Events: We are available for social events, weddings and private dinners, as well as corporate events, media events, product launches and entertainment industry events.
- Cross Street: Broadway and 60th Streets
- Public Transit: The 1, A, B, C, D and E Subway Lines all stop at 59th Street, Columbus Circle.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There is a parking garage in the Time Warner Center. The two entrances are on West 58th Street between 9th and 8th Avenues and West 60th Street between Broadway and 9th Avenue.
A word from Porter House New York
Porter House New York is Chef Michael Lomonaco's contemporary Steakhouse with American premium Seafood. We offer prime cuts of beef and pristine American seafood in an elegant and casual setting on the fourth floor of the Time Warner Center overlooking Central Park. We offer an award winning wine list of over 550 labels, comprised of a comprehensive American selection, highlights from Bordeaux and Italy, and value wines from around the globe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Porter House New York reviews from OpenTable diners
359 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (200)scenic view (175)notable wine list (124)fit for foodies (113)good for groups (97)romantic (95)great for lunch (81)neighborhood gem (49)hot spot (45)vibrant bar scene (25)great for brunch (12)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (12)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Absolutely amazing timeKstylezDined on 10/26/2014I took my husband to Porter House New York for his birthday this past Sunday and everything from the food to the ambiance was just amazing. Their wine list to their variety of food were on point. I went with my husband and some of our friends and the staff were behind accommodating and patient as a few people from our party ran a little late. I would definitely reccomend this restaurant to friends as I have already started doing so. Thank you Porter House New York for an amazing experience. My husband and friends truly enjoyed themselves!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently yum!JulesDined on 10/26/2014Always great and always consistent. This is our go to place when we can't decide what we want! Plenty of food so lunch the next day is always yummy too!Special Features:
- Saturday nightjmdinerDined on 10/25/2014Very good food. Very good wine selection and whiskey tasting menu. Service could have been a little bit more attentive but it was a busy night.Special Features:
- Always a great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/25/2014From the Porterhouse Steak for 2 to the Butter Poached Lobster, this restaurant knows how to do it right. It's great for large groups, and also for dinner for 2. We love coming here.Special Features:
- Expected BetterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014The steak was tender but bland and not cooked to order. Had to send it back for medium rare. Waitress was no where to be found. For the price we expected a bit more.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/25/2014Arrived and were immediately told table wasn't ready and pushed to the bar. I know this is a technique some places use to boost the bar bill. We waited for our waiter to finally acknowledge us. Not a good start. However he was attentive and put us at ease. We naturally ordered beef. I had the filet and my wife had the "special" porterhouse. The steaks were good but nothing special. Same for the sides. Dessert was the vest part. The coconut cake was the best we've ever had. All in all it was an enjoyable meal but not worth the outrageous prices.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014One of the best in Manhattan, food was perfect. Server was excellent, just asked a few questions and we got exactly what we wanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experience worth the priceGlennDined on 10/25/2014We knew we were in for a treat as soon as we tasted the breads! Unlike some NY steak houses, someone is clearly paying attention to the details in the kitchen. Plus you get great service. Plus many tables have a knockout view. My wife doesn't eat beef, but I dragged her here anyway. She was very pleased with the vegetable and seafood options, and enjoyed her meal completely. I eat beef. Oh, boy! Sure, it's pricey. But if you are in the market for a splurge, you won't regret Porter House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant and enjoyable steak houseDynerDined on 10/22/2014Convivial atmosphere without being too noisy; service was efficient and friendly, though enquiry if they had non gluten bread was dealt with a little brusquely and surprisingly they had none. The food was excellent and plentiful as was the wine. The price was full but worth it given we had an enjoyable evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not great.Glenda91367VIPDined on 10/19/2014We went for lunch. Service was slow and fairly inattentive. My husband had a filet which he said was good, but not the best he ever had. He also had the appetizer salad which was sliced tomato with crumbled bleu cheese and thick cut bacon. This is an entree sized portion. I had the foie gras. This is impossible to get in California. And it was delicious. However, I would suggest they pair it with another type of bread. The brioche was a little too light and crumbly to support the foie gras. My veal chop was ok. You can get better at Gallaghers. Wouldn't knock myself out to go back.Special Features:
- Belize1980Dined on 10/18/2014I booked this restaurant for my Boyfriend birthday, and I was very pleased with the services and management that ran the restaurant the food was excellent I will definitely go back to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Cut Above the Steakhouse CrowdMBfromSFVIPDined on 10/18/2014In my experience steakhouses - even the best - have loud crowded rooms with low ceilings that make them seem small, dark and suffocating. That is definitely NOT the case at Porterhouse whose large dining room has tiers to see the interesting street views around Columbus Cir & B'way. The great ambiance is matched by attentive and professional service from bus boy to sommelier, setting a terrific stage for excellent food. We started with the foie gras terrine (excellent but too cold) with cocktails (skip the $22 French 75), and shared the chopped salad (good), & the Porterhouse (which at $114 carried a bit of sticker shock but was delicious and perfectly cooked), leaf spinach, carrots & hash browns (all v. good). Coconut cake excellent.Special Features:
- Porter House Experience10/18/2014PasexpDined on 10/18/2014Reserved a table for 4 at the restaurant because it was highly recommended on line. The place was a bit difficult to find, no address number on the entrance to the mall.The interior was very welcoming. The filet I ordered came to the table cold.The waiter, aside from taking our orders, was not very attentive. Came to the table once to ask how everything was and at the end to bring the desert menu. I had also indicated on my reservation that we were celebrating a recent wedding and two of the diners were the new bride and groom. I had expected some special treatment at the end (some sweets brought to the table perhaps?).I would recommend the restaurant, but I believe the issue with the food being cold should be corrected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Dining ExperienceFoodieandmoreDined on 10/18/2014My son and I were going to the Met on Saturday Night and had 6:30 Dinner Reservations, despite the fact that he was about 15 minutes late, the staff was very accommodating. I mentioned to our server that we had an 8:30 show and they all made a concerted effort to serve us in an expeditious manner without making us feel rushed. On more than one occasion someone came over to make sure all was well. Everything was excellent, from the attentive service, to the food. I was very pleased with our dining experience and would recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys good service, good food and good night out. The restaurant is a bit pricing, but you get what you pay for, and I have no regrets with our selection to dine at Porter House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's all about the steakMarkBDined on 10/18/2014I seriously considered getting the lobster, but my wife pointed out that it's a steakhouse. Good point. Maybe I've had a better steak somewhere, but I can't think of where right now. Perfectly prepared. A little noisier than I expected, but fortunately it wasn't that crowded. Service was excellent without any "hovering" by the wait staff. It's a shame we were in a bit of a rush to get to a concert, but they understood and helped us out as much as they could. Next time (soon) we'll make sure we have more time to enjoy ourselves.Special Features:
- Memorable experienceMinniemeDined on 10/17/2014My 3 friends and I visited here last Friday night The food is amazing, excellent atmosphere, friendly service except for front reception, the ladies were just laughing amongst themselves and didn't even acknowledge we walked in and seemed to be quite rude Other than that it was a brilliant eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakBigFoodieDined on 10/15/2014Excellent restaurant all-around. You wont be disappointed. Perfect Ribeye!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had hight expectationJr102403Dined on 10/15/2014Food and desert was blank the only thing that was tasty was the sweet potatoes but nothing especial.Special Features:
- Great steaklindaVIPDined on 10/15/2014One of my favorite places to eat dinner. Great cowboy steak and everything else. Beautiful view of the park. Great serviceSpecial Features:
- Filet MignonOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/14/2014I ordered a medium-rare filet mignon, it came medium, and a bit dry. Mushrooms and carrots sides were delicious. Service was somewhat slow.Special Features:
- Wine was very priceyXLR8ERDined on 10/13/2014We dined here for steaks 10/13.... party of 5. The Jordan Cabernet was 140.00 per bottle. On 10/14 we dined at another fine place and had the Jordan agaion... same year only at 81.00 per bottle. Steaks were good but next time I'm going to Wolfgangs.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/13/2014As always a wonderful time. The clams casino were incredibly tasty and veal chop cooked to perfection. The server was knowledgeable and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerVIPDined on 10/13/2014We got here early. Had a beautiful view up Broadway and over the park. It was quiet and service was impeccable. Steak cooked exactly how we ordered it and the Rigatoni with bolognese was outstanding.Special Features:
- Great food, great staffTxMalekDined on 10/12/2014We wanted some place nice for our last night in NYC and the Porter House did not disappoint. I had the chili rubbed ribeye which was prepared to perfection. My wife had the butter poached lobster. The meal was delicious and the staff was very knowledgeable and attentive. Worth every dollar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/11/2014My second visit to Porter House. Great steaks and sides. Great drinks. Will definitely return again!Special Features:
- NYfoodieVIPDined on 10/11/2014Wonderful food, service and attention to customers... Great views if you can get a table by the window...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Porter HouseDavidschuVIPDined on 10/11/2014One of the finest restaurants in Manhattan. Never fails to satisfy. Pricey, but worth it on occasion. Our favorite place for steaks with fine wine in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KEENJVIPDined on 10/10/2014Very good food and service. Spacious dining room with a lively atmosphere. Nice views of Columbus Circle if you sit by the window. Portions can be quite large. Pricey.Special Features:
- OutstandingmeekaVIPDined on 10/10/2014My wife an i had the pre fix $25 lunch & everything down to the dessert was amazing. Not one complaint from me ir my wifeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peter Luger move over....JAMOVIPDined on 10/9/2014New Yorkers don't need to go to Brooklyn any longer for the best steak experience in the Tri-state region. This gem with the best views of any steakhouse in NYC, has steak offerings that are better than those offered at the old Brooklyn institution. Everything from start to finish is superb, with a staff that takes care of your every need.Special Features:
- great.. and not so greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014I brought beloved friends to the Porterhouse to celebrate a performance in which I took part at the Rose Theater. It was important that my treat was of the highest quality and I have had good times at the Porterhouse before. I noticed that our meats were all perfect. The duck steak is so very delicious and everyone else loved their beef. However, the vegetables were below standard and don't belong in a restaurant that is so potentially excellent. The sautéed spinach was left over...prepared in a gross fashion with large chunks of garlic all over the spinach (read Marcella Hazan for the right way to prepare this), and the Brussels sprouts were both soggy and burnt. Some more effort for the veggies and it would have been perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Porterhouse excellentAkaj735Dined on 10/4/2014I would highly recommend the Porterhouse. The location is great and the food was great. I had the rib eye steak and can say it was one of the best ever. The dining room is vibrant with amazing views of Columbus Circle. The waitstaff and managers were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealSPBVSBDined on 10/4/2014Visiting from out of state, we were looking forward to a great NY Steakhouse meal. Porter House did not disappoint us at all. Great service, food and ambiance. You will pay for all this as it is pricey. Not a criticism, just a fact. Loved the half bottles of wine for sale. Perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded our expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014We celebrated my parent's 60th wedding anniversary at the Porter House. The service was exceptional, the food deliciously prepared and the view was beatiful. It exceeded our expectations for a NYC steakhouse. They were able to please our entire group ranging from 11 to 81 years in age. They treated us and my parents like royalty. We couldn't have asked for a more wonderful evening. I look forward to dining there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food experiencebilly45Dined on 10/4/2014This is a Great place if you are a steak lover, probably the rest of the food is just as good. It was my first time there and I loved it. I will be going back with my mother very soon.......Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Wonderful Lunch!MomdaughterduoDined on 10/4/2014My husband and I had a wonderful lunch pre-ballet at the Porterhouse. We both had the prix fix lunch and we were amazed at both the quality of the food and the portions! The caesar salad was both zesty and creamy. Our steaks were cooked perfectly and the peppercorn sauce was a wonderful addition...it was both subtle and powerful. The frites were crispy, not greasy. The desserts capped an amazing lunch. My husband had the cheesecake and I had the flourless chocolate cake. Wow is all we could say! The cake had a deep, dark chocolate taste with just the right amount of whipped cream. The cheesecake was a true New York experience. In addition to all the amazing food, the service was attentive and we felt very pampered! We will be back!Special Features:
- Elegant but not uptightckny1Dined on 10/3/2014Beautiful view of Central Park from a gorgeous dining room. Porterhouse for 2 was to die for. Sides were also excellent. Would definitely return!Special Features:
- Business lunch GEM!foodieatlargeforlunchDined on 10/3/2014We came to the Porterhouse for a business lunch. Colleagues had mentioned the incredible Prix Fixe lunch special - it was beyond compare. 3 courses, including substantial portions of excellent fare. We will be back, not only for the lunch, but also to sample the dinner options. The view is outstanding. Our server was very attentive, and knowledgeable, as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful Steak!macallan18grVIPDined on 10/2/2014I have eaten at just about every great steakhouse in NY. With a 26 Zagat food rating, I thought to try Porter House. First, even with a 3-week advance reservation specifically requesting a window table, they tried to seat us elsewhere. After waiting 30 minutes, we did finally get a window table but clearly they were not happy nor were they apologetic in any way. No big deal, I'm used to that. We ordered the porterhouse for two (a $120 steak!). My wife, who is an orthopedist as well as a veterinarian, took one look at the steak (which was supposed to be PRIME BEEF) and said this was cut from an old cow. When we tried to cut the slices, they were filled with gristle. You couldn't even cut it with a sharp steak knife! Go elsewhere for Steak!Special Features:
- best everronandkimVIPDined on 10/2/2014from the moment we got to this restaurant my wife and i were treated like rock stars. i told them in my Open Table reservation that we were celebrating our 31st anniversary and they gave us one of the best tables in the house and the maitre d' met us at the table to congratulate us. from that point on we had experienced some of the best service we have ever received. no less than 7 or 8 people serviced our table in different ways that night. we never felt interrupted, they were always just keeping an eye on us. the wine list is HUGE and there were many bottles that were reasonably priced. i highly recommend the Porter Hose to everyone.Special Features: