Porter House New York
10 Columbus Circle
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Porter House New York
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.porterhousenewyork.com/
- Phone: 2128239500x
- Hours of Operation:
Porter House New York serves from 11:30am until 10:00pm Sunday through Wednesday and Thursday through Saturday 11:30am until 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Michael Lomonaco
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a wide selection of dining options in our private rooms including lunch, dinner and cocktail receptions, with each event customized to your personal needs.
- Special Events: We are available for social events, weddings and private dinners, as well as corporate events, media events, product launches and entertainment industry events.
- Cross Street: Broadway and 60th Streets
- Public Transit: The 1, A, B, C, D and E Subway Lines all stop at 59th Street, Columbus Circle.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There is a parking garage in the Time Warner Center. The two entrances are on West 58th Street between 9th and 8th Avenues and West 60th Street between Broadway and 9th Avenue.
A word from Porter House New York
Porter House New York is Chef Michael Lomonaco's contemporary Steakhouse with American premium Seafood. We offer prime cuts of beef and pristine American seafood in an elegant and casual setting on the fourth floor of the Time Warner Center overlooking Central Park. We offer an award winning wine list of over 550 labels, comprised of a comprehensive American selection, highlights from Bordeaux and Italy, and value wines from around the globe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Porter House New York reviews from OpenTable diners
332 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (176)scenic view (159)notable wine list (101)fit for foodies (87)romantic (83)great for lunch (75)good for groups (71)neighborhood gem (39)hot spot (33)vibrant bar scene (17)kid-friendly (12)great for brunch (12)late-night find (11)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- quintessential steak houseDottoreVIPDined on 9/27/2014Every dish exceeds expectation. I love the Cowboy Rib Steak (dry aged and wonderful). There is a great selection of large and smaller dishes including delicious foods that are not beef including an excellent salmon. The atmostphere is warm and inviting. The staff have an uncanny way of making you feel very well cared for and personalize the experience. Alex the GM is charming and sees to it that guests feels very much at home.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014We went to celebrate my father's birthday and it was perfect for that occasion. The service was very good, but I was most impressed with the sommelier. The salads, shrimp cocktail, steaks, home fries, and pasta with the bolognese sauce were all fantastic and well proportioned. The salmon was very good, but I've had better. The atmosphere was my favorite part of the experience -- beautiful, comfortable, and perfect for enjoying conversation with family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Birthday Bash Ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014I was asked to find a steak house restaurant to help my brother celebrate his birthday. The other challenge was three folks in our party wanted to have a NY experience and shop. Thank goodness for Porter House NY. As the restaurant is located in the Time Warner Center, the shoppers were thrilled. My brother the steak lover, ordered the NY Strip and fell in love with the place. As he is does not live in NY , he is already planning his next trip in. The food was great, the wine list excellent, lots of choices (pocket book wise), everything we had was wonderful. Please---save room for dessert, the South Carolina Coconut Cake is amazing! You will not regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but not outstandingFreqdinerVIPDined on 9/23/2014I've eaten here once before and had one of the best steaks I have ever had. This time I cant say it was quite as good. Not bad by any means but for $55 for just the steak you expect outstanding and I expect to give it 5 stars. This time 4 will have to do. The rest of the meal, wine and service were great but of course your here for the steaks. The others at my table concurred with my opinion. I'll give it another change and see how the two out of three works out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great biz lunch placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/23/2014From the moment we walked in the door to the moment we exited the porterhouse is an outstanding place for lunch the food is spectacular the services even better. We enjoy going to this place to bring clients and never lets us down.Special Features:
- Great Steakcrazy4wineDined on 9/21/2014We shared the chili rubbed ribeye and it was amazing. Great wine list. Enjoyed the Arugula salad and risotto also. Beautiful view of Columbus Circle. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Boys NightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014We had my friends Bachelor Party there and I was worried about the place being in what is essentially a mall. However everything was excellent. The food was great and the staff and service were amazing. I would definitely come back here for a special occasion with a medium-large groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably a one time experiencechristineVIPDined on 9/20/2014Steaks are great but side dishes are minuscule. Asked to take left over steak home and package it along with bones for the dog but no steak put in.Special Features:
- outstanding!loaleeDined on 9/20/2014This restauarant never disappoints From a great start at the bar with amazing friendly bartenders Jessie and Sydney (both make the BEST drinks) to the unbeatable service and wonderful steaks or anything else you may desire. Tim, the best and classiest maitre'd makes every visit special and somehow manages to make every request magically appear. Try it and and you will become a faithful patron.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service but too expensivecostumerDined on 9/20/2014This place has good service. The food was good too. However, you can find the same food quality else ware at a third or even a quarter of the price. Its insanely over priced.
- Great Steak, Mediocre SidesAmostcarterDined on 9/18/2014My steak was cooked to perfection, the chop salad was bland, the hash browns were mediocre and the coconut cake was blah. I went for the steak, so I can't complain, but for the price, the rest of the food should have been memorable. The service was outstanding, the facility was clean and comfortable.Special Features:
- very priceyricky188Dined on 9/17/2014Steak was fine/halibut was not good. Stick with the meat dishes,Special Features:
- Bad servicePatrick67Dined on 9/16/2014Staff is non-charming and very interruptive. Bad experience over all.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/16/2014We had a wonderful dinner. The food was cooked to perfection and the waiter was present without being overbearingSpecial Features:
- Nothing speciallion2VIPDined on 9/16/2014I got the prix fix menu with steak and fries. It was tough. My companion got a hamburger and fries. He felt that the hamburger was just average. The fries that came with the hamburger were real potatoes. The ones that came w the prix fix menu seemed reconstituted and flavorless. We were expecting to get a better quality meal.
- Incredible experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2014From the food to the service to the ambiance-- everything was impeccable. If you love steak and love to be treated well, go to Porter House!Special Features:
- FANTASTICPoorDined on 9/13/2014All I can say is that everything was magnifique! My husband and I had the most amazing meal. The side dishes blew me away - creamed corn, creamed spinach with bacon and truffle mashed potatoes!Special Features:
- Lovely setting, terrible Maitre d'ToreviewDined on 9/12/2014My husband and I had a fantastic meal here on our honeymoon. The restaurant is not cheap, but is in a fantastic location if you are splashing out for a special occasion. The only bad point was an extremely grumpy looking maître d, who seated us at a rubbish table albeit we were there pre-theatre and the restaurant was almost empty. She did not smile the whole evening, as far as we could see. However, the service from our waiter and the other staff was excellent, and we were moved to a window table after asking. The food could not be faulted.Special Features:
- Excellent food, great experienceRodneyGDined on 9/11/2014We reserved for a birthday dinner and asked for a window table via Open Table comments. The request was ignored but the evening was great. The food was delicious and the steaks cooked to perfection. The service in this place is impeccable. They even wrote Happy Birthday on the dessert plate without us asking. We never felt rushed and had a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- bubblesBubblesDined on 9/11/2014A gem! Excellent food and service. Elegant atmosphere, quiet so you can actually hear your friends and colleagues speak. Helpful staff. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- MudmanVIPDined on 9/11/2014Very nice lunch spot-always consistently good-great views and staff is well trained and friendly-great late night after theatre as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Porter HouseNicoleDined on 9/10/2014Porter House is the place if you are looking for a perfectly cooked steak! Service was discreet and attentive in a genuine ambiance.Special Features:
- PLAN TO RETURNOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/8/2014A wonderful evening. The food and wine were amazing. It was everything we expected and more! We will certainly book the Porter House on our next trip to New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch Special!NYCFoodieDined on 9/7/2014$25 for a three course steak lunch? Fabulous! The appetizer (I had the soup du jour, which was a delish chilled zucchini soup with shrimp) was a bit too large, but the food was great!Special Features:
- perfect for a spot of lunch...RMABDined on 9/7/2014where to take my parents visiting from the UK and a friend who is meat focused visiting from Beijing.. well Porterhouse of course. Perfect for a Sunday lunch overlooking the park with great service and huge steaks with fabulous flavours cooked perfectly. I always think the key to a great steak house is great sides and they have those in abundance! Can't wait to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were amazingjamiestarrDined on 9/6/2014The staff was very attentive and friendly. The view was perfect and the food was beyond amazing. We started with oysters, scallops and an arugula salad. Then we ordered a flies mignon, salmon and lobster with truffle mashed potatoes and garlic and olive oil saute broccoli. Everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!DACColombiaDined on 9/5/2014We went there because we wanted to have a good steak, and this was the perfect place! I had the ribeye and it was amazing! The service was outstanding. The waiter was very nice and fun. The place was full of life. I totally recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ricknat1VIPDined on 9/4/2014Very mixed experience. Some food was great some was greasy and overlooked. This visit service was diffident, last was excellent
- Excellent value and qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/4/2014Porter House New York serves high quality food and excellent service. The lunch prix fixe menu is a wonderful value. This is one of my favorite restaurants to celebrate special occasions with my family.Special Features:
- Fabulous food with a viewJjm82Dined on 8/30/2014From the moment we walked in the door we felt like we were VIP customers. It was late so we were lucky to get seated by the window with a great view of Columbus Circle and when the host sat us down he pointed out the various buildings of interest that we could see. The service and the food was excellent and we never felt rushed during the whole experience. Everyone loved their meals which consisted of filets, the cowboy ribeye, scallop appetizer, risotto, and truffle mashed potatoes. The dessert menu had some excellent selections, however we were all too full to try any. I would definitely come back to the porter house New York again!Special Features:
- great meat!YuyoDined on 8/30/2014With an spectacular view of the central park con can enjoy one of the best T-Bones that you can find in Manhattan. A must for all the meat-lovers.Special Features:
- High priced dismal diningfoolforfoodDined on 8/30/2014Took forever for service; our waiter never cracked a smile; we learned there were specials over our dessert when he recited them to the table behind us; hostess argued about seating us away from a wait station even though half the place was empty and we'd requested a quiet table in our Open Table reservation; the macaroni and cheese and the mashed potatoes were flavorless; had to request steak sauce, which is listed on the menu b/c waiter never asked which we'd like; steak was fine with the Burgundy sauce, as was the Caesar salad but our table was dirty (some table have white cloths while others don't--couldn't figure that out).Special Features:
- Worth Every PennyJC43Dined on 8/30/2014We chose to dine here for the first time before a broadway show. The location was perfect and in walking distance to the theater (a great way to work off huge the portions of steak) and all I can say is truffle mashed yukon golds! Everything was wonderful, from the pre-dinner cocktails to the crab cake and beef tartare appetizers, all the way to the precise temperatures of the filet mignon and cajun ribeye. I would recommend making a reservation and request a window seat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review - Porter HouseonegreatpieDined on 8/28/2014Service was amazing. The truffle mashed potatoes were amazing. Pasta was above average. Sirloin steak was alright, but I'm not one to judge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad WineRobertDined on 8/26/2014I order a unique find: a Tavaligni Gattinara (Nebbiolo from Piedmont)from 1968. Noting that Italian wines of such age - and still good - are quite rare, the sommelier assured me that "if it is on the list, it is good." It wasn't, and he seemed miffed at my judgement.Special Features:
- foodieDined on 8/23/2014a 'real' steak house should b able to prepare meat to specifications, doneness. rare was served 'medium well'. yuk!
- Excellent NYC steak houseDanielDined on 8/22/2014Great martini's, good wine list, service was perfect and the steak was done exactly how we ordered it. Couldn't ask for more than that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steak, ok sidesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014Our steaks were cooked correctly but the sides were boring/ bland.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/19/2014I loved the food- as usual but I was not quite happy with my table. Even though the restaurant was almost empty, there was a table in front of the window facing central park. I asked them if we could sit there (as we even wrote a note in our reservation and the hostess simply said she could not give that table to us.) The table remained empty the whole time. I am not sure if they always leave a table in case some VIP or celebrity comes over. Who knows?Special Features:
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Overall one of the best steakhouses I have ever been too. The waiter was very attentive and made great recommendations on the menu. Amazing service. I would definitely go back and recommend this to othersSpecial Features: