Porter House New York
10 Columbus Circle
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Porter House New York
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.porterhousenewyork.com/
- Phone: 2128239500x
- Hours of Operation:
Porter House New York serves from 11:30am until 10:00pm Sunday through Wednesday and Thursday through Saturday 11:30am until 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Michael Lomonaco
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a wide selection of dining options in our private rooms including lunch, dinner and cocktail receptions, with each event customized to your personal needs.
- Special Events: We are available for social events, weddings and private dinners, as well as corporate events, media events, product launches and entertainment industry events.
- Cross Street: Broadway and 60th Streets
- Public Transit: The 1, A, B, C, D and E Subway Lines all stop at 59th Street, Columbus Circle.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There is a parking garage in the Time Warner Center. The two entrances are on West 58th Street between 9th and 8th Avenues and West 60th Street between Broadway and 9th Avenue.
A word from Porter House New York
Porter House New York is Chef Michael Lomonaco's contemporary Steakhouse with American premium Seafood. We offer prime cuts of beef and pristine American seafood in an elegant and casual setting on the fourth floor of the Time Warner Center overlooking Central Park. We offer an award winning wine list of over 550 labels, comprised of a comprehensive American selection, highlights from Bordeaux and Italy, and value wines from around the globe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Porter House New York reviews from OpenTable diners
323 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (165)scenic view (157)notable wine list (92)fit for foodies (84)romantic (80)great for lunch (76)good for groups (62)neighborhood gem (37)hot spot (30)vibrant bar scene (17)late-night find (12)great for brunch (12)kid-friendly (10)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Great Steak, Mediocre SidesAmostcarterDined on 9/18/2014My steak was cooked to perfection, the chop salad was bland, the hash browns were mediocre and the coconut cake was blah. I went for the steak, so I can't complain, but for the price, the rest of the food should have been memorable. The service was outstanding, the facility was clean and comfortable.Special Features:
- very priceyricky188Dined on 9/17/2014Steak was fine/halibut was not good. Stick with the meat dishes,Special Features:
- Bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Staff is non-charming and very interruptive. Bad experience over all.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/16/2014We had a wonderful dinner. The food was cooked to perfection and the waiter was present without being overbearingSpecial Features:
- Nothing speciallion2VIPDined on 9/16/2014I got the prix fix menu with steak and fries. It was tough. My companion got a hamburger and fries. He felt that the hamburger was just average. The fries that came with the hamburger were real potatoes. The ones that came w the prix fix menu seemed reconstituted and flavorless. We were expecting to get a better quality meal.
- Incredible experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2014From the food to the service to the ambiance-- everything was impeccable. If you love steak and love to be treated well, go to Porter House!Special Features:
- FANTASTICPoorDined on 9/13/2014All I can say is that everything was magnifique! My husband and I had the most amazing meal. The side dishes blew me away - creamed corn, creamed spinach with bacon and truffle mashed potatoes!Special Features:
- Lovely setting, terrible Maitre d'ToreviewDined on 9/12/2014My husband and I had a fantastic meal here on our honeymoon. The restaurant is not cheap, but is in a fantastic location if you are splashing out for a special occasion. The only bad point was an extremely grumpy looking maître d, who seated us at a rubbish table albeit we were there pre-theatre and the restaurant was almost empty. She did not smile the whole evening, as far as we could see. However, the service from our waiter and the other staff was excellent, and we were moved to a window table after asking. The food could not be faulted.Special Features:
- Excellent food, great experienceRodneyGDined on 9/11/2014We reserved for a birthday dinner and asked for a window table via Open Table comments. The request was ignored but the evening was great. The food was delicious and the steaks cooked to perfection. The service in this place is impeccable. They even wrote Happy Birthday on the dessert plate without us asking. We never felt rushed and had a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- bubblesBubblesDined on 9/11/2014A gem! Excellent food and service. Elegant atmosphere, quiet so you can actually hear your friends and colleagues speak. Helpful staff. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- MudmanVIPDined on 9/11/2014Very nice lunch spot-always consistently good-great views and staff is well trained and friendly-great late night after theatre as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Porter HouseNicoleDined on 9/10/2014Porter House is the place if you are looking for a perfectly cooked steak! Service was discreet and attentive in a genuine ambiance.Special Features:
- PLAN TO RETURNOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/8/2014A wonderful evening. The food and wine were amazing. It was everything we expected and more! We will certainly book the Porter House on our next trip to New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch Special!NYCFoodieDined on 9/7/2014$25 for a three course steak lunch? Fabulous! The appetizer (I had the soup du jour, which was a delish chilled zucchini soup with shrimp) was a bit too large, but the food was great!Special Features:
- perfect for a spot of lunch...RMABDined on 9/7/2014where to take my parents visiting from the UK and a friend who is meat focused visiting from Beijing.. well Porterhouse of course. Perfect for a Sunday lunch overlooking the park with great service and huge steaks with fabulous flavours cooked perfectly. I always think the key to a great steak house is great sides and they have those in abundance! Can't wait to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were amazingjamiestarrDined on 9/6/2014The staff was very attentive and friendly. The view was perfect and the food was beyond amazing. We started with oysters, scallops and an arugula salad. Then we ordered a flies mignon, salmon and lobster with truffle mashed potatoes and garlic and olive oil saute broccoli. Everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!DACColombiaDined on 9/5/2014We went there because we wanted to have a good steak, and this was the perfect place! I had the ribeye and it was amazing! The service was outstanding. The waiter was very nice and fun. The place was full of life. I totally recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ricknat1VIPDined on 9/4/2014Very mixed experience. Some food was great some was greasy and overlooked. This visit service was diffident, last was excellent
- Excellent value and qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/4/2014Porter House New York serves high quality food and excellent service. The lunch prix fixe menu is a wonderful value. This is one of my favorite restaurants to celebrate special occasions with my family.Special Features:
- Fabulous food with a viewJjm82Dined on 8/30/2014From the moment we walked in the door we felt like we were VIP customers. It was late so we were lucky to get seated by the window with a great view of Columbus Circle and when the host sat us down he pointed out the various buildings of interest that we could see. The service and the food was excellent and we never felt rushed during the whole experience. Everyone loved their meals which consisted of filets, the cowboy ribeye, scallop appetizer, risotto, and truffle mashed potatoes. The dessert menu had some excellent selections, however we were all too full to try any. I would definitely come back to the porter house New York again!Special Features:
- great meat!YuyoDined on 8/30/2014With an spectacular view of the central park con can enjoy one of the best T-Bones that you can find in Manhattan. A must for all the meat-lovers.Special Features:
- High priced dismal diningfoolforfoodDined on 8/30/2014Took forever for service; our waiter never cracked a smile; we learned there were specials over our dessert when he recited them to the table behind us; hostess argued about seating us away from a wait station even though half the place was empty and we'd requested a quiet table in our Open Table reservation; the macaroni and cheese and the mashed potatoes were flavorless; had to request steak sauce, which is listed on the menu b/c waiter never asked which we'd like; steak was fine with the Burgundy sauce, as was the Caesar salad but our table was dirty (some table have white cloths while others don't--couldn't figure that out).Special Features:
- Worth Every PennyJC43Dined on 8/30/2014We chose to dine here for the first time before a broadway show. The location was perfect and in walking distance to the theater (a great way to work off huge the portions of steak) and all I can say is truffle mashed yukon golds! Everything was wonderful, from the pre-dinner cocktails to the crab cake and beef tartare appetizers, all the way to the precise temperatures of the filet mignon and cajun ribeye. I would recommend making a reservation and request a window seat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review - Porter HouseonegreatpieDined on 8/28/2014Service was amazing. The truffle mashed potatoes were amazing. Pasta was above average. Sirloin steak was alright, but I'm not one to judge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad WineRobertDined on 8/26/2014I order a unique find: a Tavaligni Gattinara (Nebbiolo from Piedmont)from 1968. Noting that Italian wines of such age - and still good - are quite rare, the sommelier assured me that "if it is on the list, it is good." It wasn't, and he seemed miffed at my judgement.Special Features:
- foodieDined on 8/23/2014a 'real' steak house should b able to prepare meat to specifications, doneness. rare was served 'medium well'. yuk!
- Excellent NYC steak houseDanielDined on 8/22/2014Great martini's, good wine list, service was perfect and the steak was done exactly how we ordered it. Couldn't ask for more than that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steak, ok sidesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014Our steaks were cooked correctly but the sides were boring/ bland.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/19/2014I loved the food- as usual but I was not quite happy with my table. Even though the restaurant was almost empty, there was a table in front of the window facing central park. I asked them if we could sit there (as we even wrote a note in our reservation and the hostess simply said she could not give that table to us.) The table remained empty the whole time. I am not sure if they always leave a table in case some VIP or celebrity comes over. Who knows?Special Features:
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Overall one of the best steakhouses I have ever been too. The waiter was very attentive and made great recommendations on the menu. Amazing service. I would definitely go back and recommend this to othersSpecial Features:
- EdBoDined on 8/15/2014This is our 3rd visit since we stay in NY a few days for our anniversary each year ( We live on Long Island ) We are fortunate that out hotel is only a half block away and allows us a leisurely walk . The name of the restaurant is Porterhouse , so order one if you love steak. Otherwise , the menu has other items you will be more than satisfied with . The service is attentive but discreet and knowledgable.Special Features:
- Steak heavenBermudaloversDined on 8/15/2014Wife wanted steak. Rated tops by Zag at for food. Both had the best cowboy Ribeye. Mushrooms on top. Yum. Blueberry pie for dessert probably best EVER. Expensive but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Medium RareOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Seated behind a wall with no view, so I asked for different table. Place was mostly empty and was given a worse choice. Restaurant has panoramic views of skyline, but I was told I didn't reserve a table with a view. I think it's a no-brainier and part of the dining experience. Been here twice previously. It was my go-to place for steak. This time Bone-in Rib-eye sub par and tough, sides not as good as previous times where presentation was important. Each side arrived in a small plain bowl. On last visit, a wide array of sautéed mushrooms arrived on a small platter; made them look rustic. This visit, no fungi variety. Salmon and veggies good, fabulous martinis! I may recommend for ambiance, but I'm hunting for a new fave steakhouse in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch at porter houselarrydinesDined on 8/14/2014We did the prix fixe during Restaurant Week. Food was excellent and plentiful, service was attentive, noise level reasonable(we booked a 2:00 lunch), a window table looking out to Central Park. Long, leisurely, and pleasurable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/14/2014Very good service with great view with well-prepared foodSpecial Features:
- A perfect night out.MaygotoIrelandDined on 8/13/2014A good friend of mine from Ireland visited New York for the summer. I decided to take her to Porterhouse for a nice dinner just so we could spend some time alone together before she went back home. We had an 8pm reservation and the friendly hostess seated us promptly. We even got the window seat I requested when I made the reservation-beautiful views of Columbus Circle. Unfortunately I can't remember the waitress name but she was attentive and friendly the whole time. We had the porterhouse for2 medium rare and it was perfectly cooked, sliced, and seasoned. The bottom line here is that this was a very important night for me and I wanted to impress her. She loved the meal, we were both happy, everything went the way I wanted it to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryDined on 8/12/2014In my opinion the steak was delicious, my husband did not think the same because he compares it with another places where we ate before. The restaurant should have more variety sides. We did not find anything special with the sides that we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific!YPWBVIPDined on 8/12/2014Excellent food, great service. Restaurant week menu very good, adequate portions and high quality ingredients.Special Features:
- Quality Steak HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/12/2014Took advantage of the Restaurant Week Menu.Appetizers of gazpacho and Caesar Salad were very good.The steak and frites were fine, although the meat was a little chewy, but tasty.Dessert was their flourless chocolate cake and it was to die for.So rich and tasty.The wine list is pricey as with most steakhouses, but a few selections are available under $50.Service was okay, but certainly nothing special.Their regular menu is for those on a company expense account, as most steaks alone are in the $50-60 range, and side dishes are $12.One gets the feeling that they have two levels of service here.One is for the average person, and one is for the celebrities who often dine here.Not really anything special in a town with so many steak restaurants.Special Features:
- porterhouseKBiznessVIPDined on 8/11/2014Not the best NY Strip I have had, and certainly not for the price. Service was great, great table with a view and great wine. the steak was really kind of tough. Two others got Rib eye and filet mignon and they were betterSpecial Features: