24 East Main Street Suite B
Dahlonega, GA 30533Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.phsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 7068679881
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak
- Executive Chef: Justin Mason
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We offer Full Service Catering.
- Private Party Facilities: Restaurant is available for Private functions. We are capable of hosting parties up to 70 persons.
- Private Party Contact: David Meyer 7068679881
- Entertainment: Live Music Friday and Saturday Nights!
A word from Porter House
Porter House is North Georgia’s newest and most popular Steakhouse. Our menu features Angus Beef and Fresh Fish as well as our Burgers which are made with freshly ground steak. Porter House offers Live Acoustic Music on Friday and Saturday NightsContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Porter House reviews from OpenTable diners
- We were seated in front ofMSUgirl1946Dined on 11/24/2012We were seated in front of the singer and it was so loud that we couldn't carry on a conversation at our table. The food was just OK. One meal was luke warm. Maybe it would be better during the week. The bar only had beer and wine.
- Real good food at the porterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2012Real good food at the porter house.. Crab fritters are delicious and pretty rare in N. Georgia.Will definitely be back...Special Features:
- Great as always. One of ourOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/27/2012Great as always. One of our favorite spots to eat while on our Fall mountain trip through North GA. Food is great and service is always excellent. Cant wait until next Fall.
- Went there 4 months ago andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/19/2012Went there 4 months ago and had a great experience. Went there again over the weekend and had an awful experience. Every entree was wrong, the bill was wrong. Very, very disapointed! Will not go there again!
- VERY SLOW - Was going to goTheGeneralVIPDined on 10/6/2012VERY SLOW - Was going to go to Piazza next door but was off Open Table so was stuck heading here..... Not coming back, will stick with what works next door.
- Our appetizer was good butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2012Our appetizer was good but not impressed with meal. Steak was tough and my crabcrakes were not tasty at all. Mashed potatoes coldOur server was very good
- Enjoyable DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2012Enjoyable place to dine. Dinner party had a mix of different meals ranging from Salmon Cakes, Petit Filet and hamburgers. The burgers were good, espicially the blackened burger. The 4 ounce petit sirloin is just that, petit. The blue cheese chip appetitizer was very good. All in all, everyone enjoyed their meals.Special Features:
- Wonderful steak house. DeliciousBakerVIPDined on 7/14/2012Wonderful steak house. Delicious food. Straight from the farm and perfectly prepared. Exquisite service. Local musicians for just the right ambiance. Great price.Special Features:
- It was adequate. Food wasacriticDined on 6/9/2012It was adequate. Food was good but not remarkable. I had the NY strip steak - it was a very good piece of meat and it was cooked correctly at Med, but it was too thin. It is a good place, but not a great place.Special Features:
- TerribleOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/30/2012Food was terrible, steak was poor quality and veggies were greasy, sides tasted microwaved
- Had a great time food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2012Had a great time food was unbelievable will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- What a great find. ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/22/2012What a great find. Excellent food, reasonable prices.
- The food was fair for theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2012The food was fair for the most part. I ordered a steak well done and it came with blood running out on my plate. The waitress did not come back to see if we needed anything else until the meal was over. There was only two other people in the place so there was no reason for her not to check on us. They did take my steak off the bill, but I left hungry.
- great food, especially theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2012great food, especially the salads. Filets were cooked as ordered and of number one quality. Service mediocre which was not typical of our earlier visit. Maybe just a bad start to the day.Special Features:
- We always enjoy the food here.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/9/2012We always enjoy the food here. The salads are wonderful, and the bread/butter is awesome. We make a point of dining here every time we're in the area.Special Features:
- The house salad was deliciousMorriliDined on 3/27/2012The house salad was delicious as were the loaded baked potatoes and filets that my husband and I ordered. However, one of the cuts of beef had a very tough portion. We were pleased to see bananas foster on the menu and the two of us split one order for dessert. It was delicious and big enough to share. One thing that drew us to this restaurant was advertising that they feature wines from one of our favorite local wineries (Blackstock) but we were disappointed that they only had one in stock.
- Excellent foodluluDined on 3/18/2012Pros: High quality steaks, perfectly cooked ; smaller portion size options available; creative menu; generally fine preparation; pleasant rustic ambience Cons: Server was completely unable to answer questions about dishes on the menu or local brews on the (unprinted) beer menu; salad was served family style and came heavily dressed with no choice of dressing type. Mixed blessings: Mussel appetizer was very tasty, but completely different from menu description (Cajun/ tomato/sausage broth vs. lemon /garlic/wine) which could be a problem for those who don't like spicy food; fried green tomato appetizer was creative but huge and heavy with too much goat cheese.
- SeatingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012Steaks were not cooked enough, med well was too rare, well down was really medium, had to send back food.Special Features:
- Great Valentine's DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Once again, Porter House proves that the staff knows what they're doing. My wife and I went there for Valentine's Day. No fixed overpriced menu's, just the same great food they always have. We weren't looking for super romantic, just good food in a reasonably quiet atmosphere. We each had a Bourbon Sirloin, and they were outstanding. Cooked exactly to order, and the sauce is very good. Salads come family style, and they're good. They have a tiny bit of pepper jack cheese crumbled in, which gives them a unique kick. The bread, which is crusty, fresh and hot, comes with a compound garlic butter that's great. Don't go looking for a bar-it's beer and wine only there.Special Features:
- The food was very good, howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/13/2012The food was very good, however there was only one person working the front. He had to tend bar, seat and wait tables. This created waits and some people to leave.Special Features:
- Everything was absolutelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/11/2012Everything was absolutely wonderful. Their onion rings are incredible. The quality of the steaks were great and they were cooked perfectly. We also enjoyed their bananas foster dessert which was to die for! Service was impeccable. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Very Nice EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/14/2012Really enjoyed the live music, Kingfish Blues Revival. They were the main reason we came to the restaurant. We were very pleased with the food and service.Special Features:
- Aptly named, my son and IOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2011Aptly named, my son and I each enjoyed their porterhouse steaks; both grilled to perfection. The first bite was one of those close your eyes, chew slowly, and savor that wonderfully seasoned tender experiences.Special Features:
- A Special Christmas Eve Dinner !OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/24/2011We enjoyed a Christamas Eve dinner that will be an unforgettable experience. The atmosphere was special with Christmas lights and live music. The steak and crabmeat special was excellent and the service was first rate! It will be hard to beat the atmosphere of Dahlonega on Christmas Eve. We will be back during the new year and next Christmas Eve.Special Features:
- Love it! The food is greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/17/2011Love it! The food is great and they have live music (solo guitarist). Very romantic and pleasant, and right in the heart of downtown Dahlonega. Wonderful!Special Features:
- Wonderful food. We have beenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/17/2011Wonderful food. We have been the past two weekends. Very nice for "date" night. I have been recommending this restaurant already. Nice little neighborhood gem. I would say to make a reservation. I have noticed that the wait can be long without one. The service is very good.Special Features:
- We loved our dinner here.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/17/2011We loved our dinner here. We were out for a romantic dinner w/o the kids, which doesn't happen very often. The tables for two are a bit on the crowded side - there was someone RIGHT behind me. Other than that, the service was good, the wine was decent, and the food was wonderful. We had the appetizer special ~ goat cheese w/ crostini; the bread and salad served w/ every meal were yummy; I had the pecan crusted trout w/ cheese grits, and my husband had the horseradish steak with mashed potatoes. Everything was delicious and since we're local, we'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Western Lodge in DahlonegaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/18/2011The interior reminds me of an old historic lodge in Yellowstone. The service was impecable. The food was perfect.Special Features:
- Excellent dining!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2011This was our 5th time dining here. Food and service was awesome. Musician was not so good!!! He was too loud for such a small area!! I was glad to know that others dining around us also thought the music was way too loud.
- PORTER HOUSE OVERDONEOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/4/2011This restaurant came highly recommended however we found it to be expensively mediocre. Items were well over-priced with food that was just so-so. Beef tips were tough as nails with a good bit of un-chewable cartilage left in. Bourbon chicken had good taste but small portion (one half of breast). Salad was most notable. Evening dining with a solo guitarist and banjo was too loud to enjoy table conversation. Staff unable to accommodate change. Reservations made two months in advance yet our group celebrating a special occasion was seated right next to guitarist, the door and all the in/out traffic.
- This was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2011This was our first visit to The Porter House and we were absolutely blown away!! The ambiance was fantastic, (perfect for either a romantic dinner or a social gathering with friends), the food was excellent and our server Kyle was absolutely wonderful. He was knowledgeable pertaining to the wine selection and was quick to offer tastes before we selected a wine. We will definitely visit again and certainly will be recommending this restaurant to anyone looking for a great place to sit down and relax with a bottle of wine and friends.Special Features:
- First time at this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/14/2011First time at this restaurant and the food was very good. I will eat there again when in the area.
- Really Great SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/30/2011I am a chef and I ate one of the better steaks that I have had at the Porter House Restaurant. Actually it was pretty close to perfect. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Avoid Porter House at all costs!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/17/2011Our visit to Porter House was awful. The service was abysmal, the food was slow (lunch took us nearly 2hrs) to come and when it did come was cold, lacking in quality, and portion sizes were small (I have seen kid menu burgers better looking than the ones we got). They ran out of every imported beer except one. To add to our problems my father had stomach issues. Please avoid this restaurant and dine elsewhere.
- Excellent food, atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2011Excellent food, atmosphere and service. We will be back soon!!!Special Features:
- Excellent Food and LARGE portions.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2011Excellent Food and LARGE portions. The pecan crusted trout was fantastic and the shrimp and grits were very good. The blue cheese potato chip appetizer was amazing!!! ... like eating a plate of crunchy BLTs. By the time we ate the main courses, we had no room to try the desserts.Special Features:
- Very pleasent. We liked theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2011Very pleasent. We liked the enterainment. This time it was not so loud and that was nice. Meal was excelent. Love the salad.....Special Features:
- We met some friends here forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/6/2011We met some friends here for lunch before touring a local winery. Because Dahlonega is a 'touristy' town, we expected over-inflated meal prices. We were very surprised to walk into this nice, comfortable, and friendly restaurant and to see that lunch prices were well under $10.00. The food was delicious . . . I really enjoyed my blackened salmon sandwich. The fries, in my opinion, were a bit too greasy and needed more salt or seasoning. Other than that, everything was perfect. Very friendly wait-staff, quick with refills. We enjoyed our time here!Special Features:
- way above the restOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/30/2011We decided to do something a little more up scale for dinner this weekend, rather than just another trip to applebees etc and let me tell you Porter house was Pefect. It was quite busy when we arrived, but thanks to our reservation we were seated in minutes. There was a live performer and the ambience was great. Def. Recommend for a couples night out or a special treatSpecial Features:
- Wonderful food and excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/17/2011Wonderful food and excellent service! Only complaint? They are in N Ga. Wine country and not one single Ga wine on the menu!Special Features: