Astoria, NY 11106Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.portalianyc.com/
- Phone: 7185453500
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:30pm
Tuesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Portalia
Italian Fine Dining at its best. Now you don't have to go into the city to have that city experience. We are very attentive to our customers. Food is organic and from local sources. We want to give you a total fine dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Portalia reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (6)special occasion (4)romantic (3)fit for foodies (2)good for groups (2)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014We were very pleased with Portalia's. It has a beautiful bar and decor. We were delighted with our entrees. The fish was expertly cook ed according to our order and very tasty indeed! We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- perfect first dateperfectDined on 8/19/2014I brought a first date to Portalia and it was amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 34 reviews are from the Portalia reviews archive.
- Really good Italian foodnicknameDined on 4/12/2014Really great food, great environment, good service. Great find in Astoria! Not the best Italian food I've ever had but still very good. Great for dates and special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Astoria BrunchdehillerinVIPDined on 12/1/2013During the week, Portalia opens at 3. But we found brunch at 11 to be fabulous. Each dish was very high leve, generous, fresh, and delicious. The prices are reasonable. We got great service, with two little ones along for the event. Could not have been a better staff.Special Features:
- Great place -- Great foodGothamDuoVIPDined on 11/29/2013We had a real good time here. We were not rushed. Very accommodating when it can to special requests. Some of our party wanted different type of risotto and no problem...they made it. Even gave half size entrees for appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good neighborhood eateryMrsMarronDined on 10/29/2013This restaurant was recommended by a friend who has eaten there with her family. It was our anniversary and we wanted to go someplace local. The grilled calamari was outstanding and the branzino was very tasty. The room is very cheerful, an appealing atmosphere. I would recommend it and I would go back.
- Surprising experienceKarryDined on 10/19/2013I always pass by this restaurant on a weekend. My fiance and I decided we would try this restaurant for our mother's birthday. The food was deliciouss! The tiramisu was also really good. I would definitely go back again. Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food, nice servicelovestoeatDined on 9/19/2013Our food was quite good and the service was excellent. The owner even came over and talked to us and recommended a wine (and it wasn't an expensive bottle - it was quite good and paired well with our food). Our entire party of five was happy with their food. All of us would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We met a local friend at PortaliaHungryProfDined on 8/30/2013We met a local friend at Portalia at their recommendation, and enjoyed it very much. Very nice ambience, food was very good and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The owner or manager (?) was very kind, friendly and had excellent recommendations. Modest wine selection but some nice unusual choices such as the Carmignano we enjoyed. We will definitely go back next time we are in Astoria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/2/2013Love, love, love Portalia! This is a neighborhood gem with great food and ambiance. In addition to their regular brunch and dinner menu, they always have great appetizers and entre specials, happy hour (half price drinks and gourmet appetizers at the bar) and wonderful weekend brunch. The staff is more than accommodating and willing to go the extra mile to make their patrons happy. The proprietors, George and Antonio, have a great passion for their restaurant and it really shows in their menu and gorgeous décor. I've been there on date night with my husband, family members and large groups and they never disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!GKGKDined on 7/6/2013I went on a romantic date to Portalia. It is located in a nice neighborhood and was quiet which we loved. The waiter was very nice and food was good. Only issue was that most of the wines my girl asked for were not available. Although she liked the wine she finally had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at leastOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2013We came here for Fathers Day, this place is beautiful & the food was delicious, the owner is very nice, comes over & talks to you about that place, even brought us our drinks plus everything is super fresh For Apps we ordered the Calamari which was just okkk it was kinda chewy supposedly its fresh though, we also ordered the crab cakes were were awesome, I had the skirt steak that comes w/ salad & potatoes - Awesome! & the drinks are strong ;)The food really was good butttttt.... They had some weird music playing really loud!! We could barely have a conversation & the place was pretty empty All in all good food but I dont think i'll be back anytime soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best brunch in the borough!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2013I brunch here often - the best bottomless brunch special with nice champagne and delicious food! Most of the staff has been there longterm and the manager is always on-hand, very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bittersweet experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/24/2013The lack of competition does make Portalia one of the better choices in Astoria with above average food and great ambience but the 20% automatic gratuity for a party of 5 still doesn't justify the "just OK" service.Special Features:
- We took my mom to PortaliaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/12/2013We took my mom to Portalia for brunch on Mother's Day and had an amazing time. The food, service and ambiance were outstanding. The crabcakes are a "must have"! Then again, so is the French toast...ok, everything was simply delicious! We're going back for dinner! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The music was a little toostrikerdani8Dined on 4/5/2013The music was a little too loud for dinner time. It was more like being in a bar/lounge.Special Features:
- Great restaurant, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013Great restaurant, great service and food! Will definitely be going back!!Special Features:
- It was quiet, clean and friendly-OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/16/2013It was quiet, clean and friendly- a great place to fill an afternoon with my girlfriends! I will be back!Special Features:
- So romantic!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013this place was amazing!! The staff was friendly and the food was delicious! I went for valentines day, the lights were dimmed, the place was filled with lovers, they had rose petals thrown on the floor and a LIVE JAZZ PLAYER! it was very romantic! I can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- recently stayed at the marriotStilettoDined on 2/10/2013recently stayed at the marriot la guardia airport & stumbled upon this restaurant through open table-it is a short taxi ride. great, cozy atmosphere...and the staff brought down a big screen and showed the grammys on tv. it was totally unexpected but very much appreciated. the food was excellent from start to finish...save room for the tiramisu :)Special Features:
- My favorite brunch in AstoriaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/27/2013I absolutely LOVE this place. I almost wish I didn't have to tell people about it, but alas, I want it stay in business ;) It is by far one of my favorite brunch places in the city and the service is just downright incredible! They are so wonderful to me and whoever I am with each and every time I am there!Special Features:
- Nice night outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012We mostly enjoyed the night though there were a few mino detail issues. We were seated at a terrible table and it took requesting he manager to be reseated. Almost every table was open and remained open until we left. Also the computer was not calculating the check properly. Everything was fixed and most everyone was very nice. Te food was good though a bit spicy at times. We will probably go back.Special Features:
- Very Good Homemade ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/1/2012Very Good Homemade Italian Food. Everything was good. Look forward to the next time.Special Features:
- I went there for a coupleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2012I went there for a couple drinks before we had dinner. The bartender gave me a complimentary glass of sangria which was delicious! Then we sat down for dinner and the food was amazing. I would definitely recommend this restaurant!!!Special Features:
- Food was amazing. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/29/2012Food was amazing. Service was impeccable. Only weird thing is that they don't leave the bread on the table,they serve it to you individually. But the bread is fresh! Have already recommended it to friends.Special Features:
- This was my second visit tobastabobVIPDined on 9/15/2012This was my second visit to this restaurant. While the food was still good, it was not quite as remarkable an experience as i remembered. There was nothing that we ate that was memorable enough to have a second time, and that was not true on the first visit.Special Features:
- Our meal was very good. EverythingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/14/2012Our meal was very good. Everything was fresh and made to order. The wine was great.Special Features:
- Food was a little off. WentOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/8/2012Food was a little off. Went for brunch and french toast was just okay--three slabs of bread with some fruit, the hollandaise sauce on the eggs benedict was clearly reheated and didn't have a light texture.
- The french toast was excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/8/2012The french toast was excellent, but that is where my positive feedback ends. The service was very poor. The waiter acknowledged that the restaurant was warm, but didn't offer to do anything about it. He brought us one OJ when we asked for two and then tried to charge us for the drink we never received. Overall, just poor attentiveness. Also, very important notes for anyone who plans to dine here:- When the menus says 4 pancakes, it really means 1 thick pancake (not recommended)- If you ask for a side of bacon, expect to get a bowl of bacon bits that would normally be a salad topper or dog treat (definitively not recommended)There are many other brunch options in the area - I would not recommend this restaurant.
- Brunch food is alright. ServiceBryantYuVIPDined on 7/7/2012Brunch food is alright. Service from the assistant server (guy who fills your water and coffee) was exceptional.
- I had stopped in here forJo126Dined on 6/16/2012I had stopped in here for lunch a few months ago and it was great. When I was looking for a place to celebrate my daughters graduation, I remembered how much I enjoyed it. I was able to make a reservation for 12 to 14 people with no problem. I asked if they could provide menus with no prices since I was hosting the lunch and they accomodated my request. My guests all enjoyed the food and the unlimited brunch cocktails were delicious. I would recommend Portalia to friends and I will definitely return. Our servers were attentive, friendly and courteous. Wonderful experience overall.Special Features:
- Amazing BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/16/2012My girlfriend and I came here for girls brunch. The 10 dollar add on for all you can drink mimosas/bellinis/bloody marys could not be beat. Our server poured champagne without us asking, even after we paid our bill. I ordered the french toast with berries and each bite with mouth watering. My friend ordered the omlet with mozzerela cheese which she also said was delicious.Special Features:
- Still amazing!NYCFoodieDined on 6/2/20123rd time here in the past 2 weeks and still amazing! I will keep coming back until I finish trying everything on the menu. Top quality food in Astoria. Doesn't even come close to other restaurants in the area. In my opinion, even better than places in the city. Come here, you won't regret it!Special Features:
- It is very difficult for mebastabobVIPDined on 6/1/2012It is very difficult for me to enjoy Italian restaurants here in the states, as I'm in Italy much of the year. I must say the food here comes very close to what you would get in most cities in Italy. It is definately much better than most of the other Italian restaurants you find in New York, not to mention Queens.Special Features:
- Mouth watering foodNYCFoodieDined on 5/27/2012Extraordinary food and staff! Must go experience this melt in your mouth italian food. You won't be sorry. Will definitely return. Very romantic setting.Special Features:
- Amazing GemNYCFoodieDined on 5/26/2012Food was so tasty. I had the branzino and it was full of flavor. Service was very attentive. Definitely a must go. You won't be disappointed. Also decor is beautiful which is a plus. Go now!Special Features: