2209 Queen Anne Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.portagerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2063526213
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Vuong Loc
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Portage Restaurant
Chef Vuong Loc the Chef and Owner of Portage is known for using local seasonal ingredients to create elegant dishes. Vietnamese-born, Vuong Loc was raised in Portage, Michigan and has cooked throughout the US. Loc's approach is classic French - quality ingredients that are carefully handled and beautifully presented.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Portage Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Wonderful find! ImpeccablephillyfoodieDined on 10/15/2013Wonderful find! Impeccable service and delicious cocktails, would recommend highly.Special Features:
- Best Food & Service in QueenBoatVIPDined on 10/14/2013Best Food & Service in Queen Anne. We Like This Place. Always Perfectly Prepared Food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can you be a bit more generous?KokoDined on 10/9/2013The food was well prepared and the appearance also fine, but the amount was small (no bread served). We suspect maybe it's a new chef. Not as good as before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I had the chef'sericfaustDined on 9/6/2013My wife and I had the chef's tasting menu and I had the wine pairing. It wasn't too much food and the desert was fantastic. It was a pricey meal but it was a great birthday treat for my wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portage is by far one of mybukkalaDined on 8/21/2013Portage is by far one of my favorite restaurants in Seattle! The service can at times be a little slow for the the fact that its a small restaurant. Would go back for sure mostly for their duck and their wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet ambience, Wonderful foodMH74Dined on 8/20/2013This restaurant has very good food, service and ambience. For some the menu may be limited but the restaurant offers daily specials. Prices are reasonable but watch for the splitting charges: $3 for splitting an $11 salad is excessive. Also the bar features some notable cocktails and the wine list has something for all price ranges.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eh.seattlestephVIPDined on 8/10/2013We stopped in to have dinner and we were lucky enough to get a table outside. We brought our own bottle ($25 corkage), so I don't have anything to say about the wine list. My husband ordered the soup of the day and it was the highlight of our meal. The chicken and steak mains were something I would have been proud of myself if I made it at home but not that impressed with it at a restaurant. Overall, I loved the sidewalk dining and the off the menu specials but my our entrees leff something to be desired.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceDiyaDined on 7/27/2013Attentive staff, cosy place and perfect portion sizes for when you want to eat out without being weighed down by greasy food. Melon & strawberry gazpacho and scallops risotto were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intimate setting, great foodsavvydocDined on 5/25/2013Menu was a little confusing regarding the 4-course set dinner vs making your own choices. Waitress was able to explain. Wine parings were generally excellent. Service was good. Waitress was very friendly & helpful & attentive. Serving portions were adequate. Chef could benefit by coming out & mingling with patrons more & being friendly. My partner is Vietnamese & specifically asked the waitress if he could meet him. He came out & was cooly polite, but made no attempt to converse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceportagefanVIPDined on 5/20/2013Had a wonderful experience, great food. Everything was yummy. I hope this neighborhood restaurant continues strong.Special Features:
- Food was good and the sizelovetodineVIPDined on 5/11/2013Food was good and the size of portions were good for me, but it was too small for my friend. Another words, very pricey for the size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved this place! The foodIMAFOODIEDined on 5/2/2013We loved this place! The food was excellent, perfectly prepared and beautiful to look at. Rocky our waiter was extremely accommodating and made an excellent wine recommendation. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portage was an unexpectedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/17/2013Portage was an unexpected find. Great place for a real foody experience. I look forward to my next unique experience there.Special Features:
- We went for my birthday, withoutOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/7/2013We went for my birthday, without realizing it was Restaurant Week in Seattle. We were prepared to spend, since it was a special occasion. I was a bit put off by casual attire (it made us stick out a bit), but the food was superb. Our major disappointment was that the regular menu wasn't available, so we shall have to return. Aw shucks.Special Features:
- Charming find on Queen AnneOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/25/2013What a fantastic and charming find! My foodie boyfriend and I dined on a Monday evening and were treated to lovely service and delicious, comforting food. The scallops with potato risotto was by far our favorite. The love and care that was put into preparing the food here is most evident. We can't wait to go back and celebrate many more special occasions there.Special Features:
- Delicious & Romantic food artOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/18/2013Absolutely phenomenal cuisine - beautifully presented and delicious. My partner and I shared the beet and Roquefort Mille-feuille (which I could savor every day!) and I had the scallops with risotto. Wonderful! Every last bite. We sat in a cozy, romantic nook and split a cocktail. Can't wait to try the pear and creme fraiche dessert next time. We will be back - again and again!Special Features:
- The Valentine's Day fixedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013The Valentine's Day fixed menu was outstanding. We will be back for a crack at the regular menu very soon!Special Features: