Portage Bay Cafe - Ballard
2821 NW Market Street
Seattle, WA 98107Neighborhood:
Ballard / Fremont
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Portage Bay Cafe - Ballard
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.portagebaycafe.com/
- Phone: 2067831547
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:30am-2:30pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 7:30am-2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Joel Jackson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Portage Bay Café and Catering offers rental spaces after the café closes starting at 5 pm in the evenings. We have three sites to accommodate groups ranging from 50 to 150 people.
A word from Portage Bay Cafe - Ballard
Welcome to the Portage Bay Café at Ballard. We are open 7:30 am to 2:30 pm every day except Thanksgiving Day and Dec 25th. At the café in Ballard, we limit our reservations to a maximum of 8 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Portage Bay Cafe - Ballard reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
great for brunch (13)neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (8)kid-friendly (7)good for groups (5)hot spot (4)great for lunch (3)special occasion (1)Show More
- GoodlovetodineVIPDined on 9/26/2014The service and food was good. However, my salmon omelet was very salty due sautéed leeks. I had to scrape them off from my dish. Otherwise, everything was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great gluten free breakfast optiontenukiDined on 9/21/2014menu is clearly marked vegan and gluten free and there is plenty of choice.Special Features:
- Make a reservation!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014Thankfully, we had a reservation for our Sunday brunch. I overheard the wait time for a walk-in group of 4 to be 2 hours. The food is definitely worth it if you have the time. The reason for 3 star rating of the ambience is that it was really warm at the table we were sat. Other than that, this place rocks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulwestseattledinerDined on 9/20/2014I've loved Portage Bay for a few years now but their popularity had become a liability in terms of weekend dining. You either had to get there before 9am for brunch or settle in for a long wait for a table. Now that they take reservations they are back to my favorite place for brunch. They are one of the few places that does gluten free really well, particularly their French toast. Add to that their fresh fruit (in season) breakfast bar and it is a thumbs up from me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceabitfussyDined on 9/15/2014Our group of diners included a vegetarian and a vegan. Everyone was very pleased with the menu selections (which include vegan options) and the quality and quantity of food. Additionally, it is organic. I highly recommend this place and will definitely return. Overall, very well done!Special Features:
- Didn't have reservation?OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Made a reservation through Open Table and when we got there they didn't have record of it. I showed them my email and they worked to seat us as soon as they could, but we did have to sit at the cooks counter instead of a table, it was louder, but it was fine.Special Features:
- Best Crepes Ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I come here every other week to get me some delicious gluten-free crepes BECAUSE I AM OBSESSEDSpecial Features:
- Good but not great.iheartbrunchDined on 9/13/2014We went to the Portage Bay Cafe on a Saturday at 9. We had reservations, but it was already busy. By the time we left there was quite a crowd gathered outside. The service was good and the atmosphere was pleasant. Sadly the food was unremarkable. I had the classic Benedict. The eggs were overdone and the bread was dry. At $13, I'd like my eggs to be done properly. There are too many great brunch places to waste time on mediocre food. TL;DR: nice place, food wasn't great.Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Portage Bay Cafe - Ballard reviews archive.