424 N. Canon Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://portaviabh.com/
- Phone: (310) 274-6534
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 11:30am, Saturday: 7:30am - 12:00pm, Sunday Brunch 9:00am - 3:00pm.
Lunch: Sunday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:30pm, Saturday: 11:30pm - 4:30pm.
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:30 - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Porta Via
Porta Via is a neighborhood bistro with a cozy, relaxing atmosphere. Located in the heart of Beverly Hills on Canon Drive, our outdoor dining patio is the perfect place to enjoy the Southern California sun. Our fresh American/Italian cuisine adds to the homey feeling of the restaurant. Regulars (which are a good sign) like the crab cakes, the fried calamari or the beet salad for appetizers. Our chef offers a selection of pastas & entrées including Parmigiano-crusted Halibut, Grilled Salmon, Chicken Paillard or a Grilled Ribeye. Our lunch menu offers our signature salads, burger and a selection of sandwiches. We cater to all dietary constraints and can almost always accommodate any request.Continued
We are currently expanding our
wine list to bring you interesting and unusual wines to
accompany your dining experience.
We are currently expanding our
wine list to bring you interesting and unusual wines to
accompany your dining experience.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Porta Via reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (25)neighborhood gem (22)great for lunch (18)fit for foodies (11)great for brunch (10)good for groups (7)notable wine list (4)special occasion (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)romantic (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great food and people watching...sit on the patio!CariDined on 11/14/2014Well were to start. The food is really good and consistent for breakfast, lunch or dinner...I love to sit on the patio for great people watching.. The wait staff is attentive, but not overly so. It is my go to restaurant. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love Porta ViaLaurenfromLAVIPDined on 11/4/2014I have been coming to Porta Via since it opened. I have never had a bad meal here. It is such a reliably good place, that I am eating lunch here again two days later. I had a fussili and salmon dish that was out of this world. The salmon was so moist and flavorful, I couldn't believe it. And the servers, many of whom they have employed for years, couldn't be more professional and attentive. I am so glad that they've been as sucessfull as they have.Special Features:
- DavidWDavidWDined on 11/1/2014Terrific neighborhood spot, if your neighborhood is Beverly Hills. Great service, food that exceeds expectations, and a well-chosen, fairly priced wine list (including an eclectic by-the-glass set of options).Special Features:
- Go-to Spot in Bevely HillsByronVIPDined on 10/31/2014Porta Via is wonderful because it is the type of restaurant you can go back to over and over, no gimmicks, just delicious and healthful food in a very welcoming and comfortable atmosphere. The best service anywhere...Ted and Alix (Alex?) are welcoming and delightful people. And great tables outside if you are bringing your dog!Special Features:
- Fresh Healthy FoodHappy2dineVIPDined on 10/5/2014The chopped salad was one of the best I've had. Good menu choices. I look forward to my next Porta Via dinner to try a hot entree. Extraordinary wait staff.Special Features:
- Always ReliableShellsVIPDined on 10/3/2014Porta Via is great for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Love the chopped salad... cobb salad... and everything else!Special Features:
- Always a PleasurePurrfectPawsVIPDined on 9/18/2014My husband and I dine here frequently and always enjoy the food and vibe. The menu isn't that large, but everything we've ordered has been delicious, especially the seafood. This time I came with a girlfriend. We were treated very well, and we selected the chef's specialties: soft shell crab that was outstanding, and a mushroom fettuccini that was perfectly prepared. My martini was ice cold and filled to the brim of the glass. Who could ask for more?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JackVIPDined on 9/18/2014Very good food served in a comfortable setting. Attentive staff. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great consistent neighborhood spotboyonfilmVIPDined on 9/8/2014Always great for lunch or quiet dinner in Beverly Hills. Fresh healthy tasty friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful servicesstephenVIPDined on 9/7/2014enjoyable evening for our first dinner in Beverly Hills, and our server Alex was great fun
- A bit hot to eat without coverbvhlunchDined on 9/3/2014We were seated quickly per our reservation, however we were seated outside and the umbrella that shaded the table was moved to also shade another table leaving one of our party seated partially in the sun. The food was very good and served in a timely manner, which is important for lunch, the wate staff was very accommodating - over all a very good experience, except for the sunburnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it !KathyVIPDined on 7/31/2014I really enjoyed every aspect of this place. The staff was so great !! Very attentive and helpful Loved the food.Special Features:
- The following 135 reviews are from the Porta Via reviews archive.
- Food was delicious as usual.NanaVIPDined on 3/7/2012Food was delicious as usual. Service much improved on the patio. It was a delightful lunch.Special Features:
- I love the local unpretentiousgmccallumiiDined on 2/14/2012I love the local unpretentious feel of this place, just love it!Special Features:
- Foodie FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/12/2012We had purchased a Guilt City voucher for brunch for two. Other vouchers that we have used that were similar, the restaurants had a different menu for the voucher folks- not Porta Via! You can choose off the regular menu which was outstanding! Really can't go wrong with any meal here. French toast is great and the breakfast burrito is not heavy at all and is a great light breakfast that I am actually craving to have again! This is a must try spot for foodies! Parking structure across the street is free for 2 hours so it's perfect!Special Features:
- There are 3 "rooms": one quietDeBrincatDined on 2/9/2012There are 3 "rooms": one quiet and dimly lit, one with small tables at the bar, and a sidewalk area with head lamps. They gave us a choice, the heat lamps were on, and we had a lovely time. I've been coming here for many years, mostly for lunch, but it's a nice casual dinner place and the food is always terrific. My fave is the loup de mer.Special Features:
- Split DecisionNatanyaVIPDined on 2/4/2012I went to Porta Via for brunch with my husband and another couple. My friend's husband and mine both got lox dishes that they really enjoyed; however, we both got egg white omelets and were disappointed. Mine was very runny and lacked flavor, while hers was way too dry and also didn't taste fabulous. Our waiter was AWFUL - not very friendly or accommodating to our requests and didn't really check in at all to see if we needed anything. The reason I still rated this 3/5 stars was because of the wonderful ambiance and location. It's nice sitting outside, people-watching and just enjoying the beautiful LA weather. Surprisingly, prices are reasonable (beware: portions are on the smaller side) and you can park in any public lot for 2 hrs free.Special Features:
- Perfect lunch, dinner, drinkOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/2/2012Perfect lunch, dinner, drink spot in heart of BH. Like eating w a large extended family!Special Features:
- Excellent food as usual.NanaVIPDined on 2/1/2012Excellent food as usual. Even service on the patio was better than it has been. HOstess was very pleasant about changing our table!!!Special Features:
- Dining at Porta Via was anOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/21/2012Dining at Porta Via was an excellent experience. Everything from the drinks, to the food, to the service-all were extremely well done. Will definitely make Porta Via a regular restaurant I visit.Special Features:
- As good as ever, if not better!NanaVIPDined on 12/28/2011As good as ever, if not better! A terrific lunch spot with great people watching and delicious food. What more could anyone want?Special Features:
- All in all, I would say aOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 12/19/2011All in all, I would say a so-so experience. Disappointing, overall.
- A condensed night outOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/15/2011My wife and I visited this restaurant as a result of its rating on Tripadvisor. We were put on a corner table by the door, despite other tables being available. I guess others been reserved for a large party, and maybe that was why we were rushed through. Maybe locals just eat fast! Either way, from start to finish, our planned 'romantic' dinner/evening out took less than an hour. My food was, in fairness, very tasty but my wife's salmon was dry and tasteless. On balance, although most aspects of the evening were perfectly acceptable, we wouldn't go back. For the cost, it wasn't enough of an 'experience'
- Food was mediocre. Not whatOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/9/2011Food was mediocre. Not what it used to be. I decided to go across town and dine at Porta Via again. I remembered the nice ambiance, great service and good food. The ambiance is still there but the service and food was not.
- Excellent in every way. OneTheRickerDined on 12/5/2011Excellent in every way. One of the best restaurants we have been to.Special Features:
- Watch out if using a voucherOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/4/2011Watch out when using vouchers as there are many exclusions once you order. We paid $69.00 for a voucher that was supposedly worth $139 but you can't order an entree over $33.00, and the only steak they had was $35.00 they don't allow you to pay the $2.00 extra. I'm not a seafood or chicken person so nothing else but a $16.00 burger worked for me. In short, we ordered the ribeye for $35.00 and paid for that, got the burger to go as part of our voucher (which was waaay overcooked with fries but I ordered mashed pot), husband orderd fish, the dessert they served with the voucher was a pastry, which isn't expensive. So overall, we paid out of pocket $61.00 at the table plus $69.00 for the voucher. So we paid $130 afterall. Not happy at all.Special Features:
- Came on a travelzoo deal.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/3/2011Came on a travelzoo deal. Looks like everything on the menu is priced just slightly higher than from what the travelzoo offer has stated, so didn't get the try what we had in mind. Despite having a reservation, the wait was still over 25 minutes. Food was just so-so, definitely would not pay full price for it. I think the price is just to compensate the location of this restaurant. Service was also only so-so, i suppose cause it was a busy saturday evening? Overall, I wouldn't come back again.
- Love the food but one waiterNanaVIPDined on 11/30/2011Love the food but one waiter for the patio does not work. We had to ask for refills on ice tea,water and bread many times. The bus boy tried his best but he was busy too. The waiter needs help; he is just not attentive and his lack of professionalism has occurred many times in the past so this is not an isolated incident.Special Features:
- One Italian restaurant among manyOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 11/21/2011Online menu was different from the actual menu. I bought the travel zoo coupon because there were many things that were eligible but when I got to the restaurant they had increased prices on several items so they were just out of reach. Plate presentation was not good, kind of messy. Food was average.
- SECOND CLASS CITIZEN i usedCosmoVIPDined on 11/20/2011SECOND CLASS CITIZEN i used a travelzoo voucher - first - the reason the restaurant does this is to get people to sample their food and try to get them to come back... so act like you want us there... you should be gushing over us but instead - it's THIS EXAMPLE - the limit on the appetizer is $14 - we wanted the $16 mussels... just charge us the difference... SORRY CAN'T DO THAT! really... same on the entrees - not allowed to have them even if you pay the difference. if you have a souffle desert that takes 15 min - at least ask if we want it - we only found out when they brought the desert menu by then - who wants to wait. really felt like they could care less if my wife and i were there.Special Features:
- Had a wonderful table outsideOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/17/2011Had a wonderful table outside in the front patio where we could watch the 'Beverly Hills/Industry' scene. Fish was excellent as was the salad special. They offer a lot of 1/2 bottle choices, which is perfect for two people. Next door their bistro/bar scene was happening....will have to revisit.Special Features:
- Food was not good at all,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2011Food was not good at all, we actually ate the salad because we are just so hungry, but that was it, the rest was aweful. They approached us & ask if they could move us outside the patio when we were having our dessert, which is freezing cold because there were bigger groups that needs to come in for dinner and they are freezing & not happy. I have never had this experience at all. My fault was I gave them really good tip which I should not have. Will never recommend this restaurant to anyone, even the group next to us complained.
- Delightful spot for lunchJoBeDined on 11/14/2011Delightful spot for lunch right in center of Beverly Hills scene. Right mount of chic presence, fresh delicious uncomplicated food, and a buzz among patrons. Service superb and our party of five all loved it! Locals return often.Special Features:
- This is one of our favoriteLosbosVIPDined on 11/10/2011This is one of our favorite restaurants in Bev Hills. Easy parking, great food, and very welcoming....always.Special Features:
- My chicken was fileted soOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/9/2011My chicken was fileted so thin that it was very overcooked. My date had the fish and it was excellent. Malbec wine was excellent as well.Special Features:
- Very poor valueOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2011Way overpriced for ordinary food. Waiter was quite pretentious; we were beneath him. It wasn't bad, but no way I will go again. Very poor value.Special Features:
- Always attentive service andLunchieDined on 11/5/2011Always attentive service and great food. The veal lasagne was wonderful!Special Features:
- I regularly go to Porta ViaPashn8VIPDined on 11/4/2011I regularly go to Porta Via for breakfast. Victor always takes great care of us and makes me feel so welcome. There's a terrific breakfast menu and free parking across the street. Great neighborhood breakfast gem...as well as for dinner.Special Features:
- Rude hostessGillianVIPDined on 10/26/2011Hostess needs a refresher course on NOT being Rude to customers that are polite and Friendly to her. When one makes a reservation Walk-ins should not get priority!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Delicious dining al fresco!NanaVIPDined on 10/15/2011Excellent food and an interesting menu-something for everyone. Fun to sit outside and watch the parade of people pass by. We will return soon!!!!!Special Features: