Porta Via - Cool Springs
3301 Aspen Grove DR. Ste. 100
Franklin, TN 37067Neighborhood:
Franklin / Brentwood
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Porta Via - Cool Springs
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eatatportavia.com/
- Phone: 6157717747
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Porta Via - Cool Springs
Porta Via is a true Italian kitchen, serving unique specialties created by hand daily, in the spirit of generations before us who first combined freshness, taste and originality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Porta Via - Cool Springs reviews from OpenTable diners
- High-end menu; low-end atmospherePdubsDined on 3/19/2013PortaVia - high-end menu; low-end atmosphere. First, although liquor and other specialty cocktails are listed on the menu, they no longer serve liquor of any kind, just wine and beer. Secondly, the pre-entree bread basket was disappointing - very plain with no significant taste. The entrees were good, I had the lobster ravioli while my fiance had the Veal Piccata. The prep time was a bit longer than what is expected, so please allow plenty of time when dining at PortaVia. Overall, if you are looking for decent Italian food in a casual/relaxed atmosphere, try PortaVia. If you want something more quiet and intimate, this is not the restaurant for you.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Outstanding food, especially with them making their own pasta and sauces. Short on ambiance, as the restaurant is more cafeteria-style in appearance, with open rafters and only a few booths. The gelato was perfect as an end to an authentic and tasty Italian meal.Special Features:
- We had the salmon dish andLoveToDineOutVIPDined on 2/6/2013We had the salmon dish and it was excellent. Will be going back to this restaurant again.Special Features:
- We've dined at Porta Via manyChaffja99VIPDined on 1/25/2013We've dined at Porta Via many times. I love their large salads. We had a nice server, but lately their bread has been lacking. It didn't have any flavor and felt stale. When the Cool Springs location opened, their bread was wonderful...it's definitely gone downhill. We shared a pizza that was good, but not great.
- Gelato was the highlight ofOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012Gelato was the highlight of the meal- well worth it, pasta dishes had good flavor and were made with solid recipes, although the lobster ravioli was slightly under cooked. Calamari was chewy- skip it, but caesar salad done well. Worth a trip but not exceptional- good service
- This was my first time toLoveToDineOutVIPDined on 12/15/2012This was my first time to eat at this restaurant. The food was excellent. Our male waiter was outstanding!Special Features:
- Pizza was alright. The crustOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/19/2012Pizza was alright. The crust was not crispy as I like in a thin crust. My family said their meal was fantastic.Special Features:
- We love Porta Via. TheirMarthaawhVIPDined on 10/27/2012We love Porta Via. Their lasagna and pizza are probably our favorite in town.
- Nice place for a great ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/20/2012Nice place for a great Italian meal. Calamari was a bit chewy, would get a salad next time but the Porta Via Pizza and the Cannelloni was delicious. Nice choices on their organic wine list too. If you are making reservations-beware-they don't actually take reservations. Now I know why I could only ever see availability before 6:00pm. We arrived at 5:45pm and by 6:15pm they were on a wait.
- I had a reservation for twoOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/19/2012I had a reservation for two confirmed by open table only to arrive to find out that the restaurant does not take reservations for parties under 5! High risk for me as I had my elderly mother with me and she is unable to stand for any length of time. Exactly the reason I book reservations! Food was fine but not notable. Server was slow to get to us
- Would not reccommend to othersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/15/2012The night we decided to celebrate my wife's birthday at your establishment there was a party at the bar and it was very very loud. While we had reservations a patron had to find some one that was working to get us seats. After reading your review in the Southern Exposier magazine I thought the Italian food and atmosphere would have been much better. Two in our party had Italian dishes that were just so so in taste and the two others split a pizza that they said was just OK. I expected more! Not sure I would come back again.
- Starting to Stand Out...Localfor17yearsVIPDined on 10/5/2012Always good. Friendly staff delivers delishious food from a varied but simple menu. Very kid friendly. Service has improved considerably since the opening last year. This convenient restaurant is too often overlooked when we make plans. Now that the place is stable and the service is responsible and consistent, we'll add it to our mix. The choices in the area are becoming plentiful. It's the best in the area for Italian. We'll be happy to comeback.Special Features:
- They need to offer other liquorsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2012They need to offer other liquors such as Crown Royal. They only offer one brand of whiskey and its too harsh for a Bourbon drinker. Their bar needs to be a full bar and not a half bar.Special Features:
- Porta Via never fails to deliverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2012Porta Via never fails to deliver a great meal, whether it's one of their fantastic wood oven pizzas or homemade pasta, you won't be disappointed. I especially enjoy Porta Via because I am gluten-free. They serve by far the tastiest gluten-free pizza in town! They even offer gluten-free pasta and bread. The servers are efficient, friendly, and attentive. Only thing wrong, they've become so popular it's hard to get a table on the weekend without a reservation, so think ahead!Special Features:
- First visit to restaurant.DanaDined on 8/31/2012First visit to restaurant. Server was excellent. Very attentive and provide helpful suggestions for food and wine selection. The lobster ravioli was prepared perfectly and had wonderful flavor. Tiramisu for dessert a bit heavy on the espresso taste, but was lite and very tasty. The one weak point in my opinion is the atmosphere. Somewhat noisy and decor was not quite, but was close to be like a simple diner. Also, given the website presentation thought it would be a bit more upscale. Part of the noise issue was caused by the presence of a number of small children. There is outside dining available if the weather is nice.
- Gelato-ooooh!KarenBBBDined on 8/18/2012Awesome food and gelato. Consistently great service! Would definitely return again!Special Features:
- Lunch at Porta Via was amazing.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012Lunch at Porta Via was amazing. Would recommend everyone to try if they haven't. Ice cream is to die for. Can't wait for an opportunity to return!Special Features:
- My first visit Porta Via.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2012My first visit Porta Via. Went with our family, all of us enjoyed our food. Will definitely plan to come back soon.Special Features:
- Always good.SplendidDined on 8/4/2012I've been to Porta Via several times and have not been disappointed. The pizza is authentic for those looking to taste true Italian and relive a past holiday maybe. The gnocchi, my kids favorite all-around, was great in both the red and white sauce version. This time I had the prosciutto appetizer which was ok. I was eager to have uncooked prosciutto and should have asked about it. The rosemary flat bread and olive oil that is set on your table early is wonderful and I find myself having to stop eating that so I'm still hungry for my meal. We'll be back.Special Features:
- DissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2012We were very dissapointed with the food. There was 1 lasagna, 2 bolognese, and 1 pasta with meatballs ordered. The bolognese was dry with a scorched taste. There did not seem to be any variety of meats in the bolgonese nor any of the other classic ingredients that make a bolognese more than just a 'meat sauce'. We were surprised when we asked for cheese for the 4 pasta dishes we ordered that we received the all so common grated cheese shaker instead of our server using a table grater with a FRESH cheese wedge. The lasagna and the meatballs were nothing we would order again.The restaurant itself was beautiful and well laid out.
- Outstanding food, good service,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2012Outstanding food, good service, nice wine list though not extensive. We got a free gelato for a birthday.Special Features:
- the restaurant was fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2012the restaurant was fabulous but when i arrived they had no reservation for us...they quickly assembled tables for the 20 that ended up coming but i'm not sure where the audible occurred...why the restaurant never received the request which was confirmed by open tables or whether open tables didn't follow thru with the connection to the restaurant...who knows?Special Features:
- We had a great experienceFunfoodie7VIPDined on 7/5/2012We had a great experience and would definitely request Bianca to be our server in the future. She was very personable, fun and attentive. The menu offerings are extensive and food quality is excellent. Thanks!
- They no longer accept reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2012They no longer accept reservations over the phone. The pizza was okay buy verasona's in the ATL is the best pizza I've stateside.
- Authentic Italian Excellence!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/11/2012For anyone that wants authentic Neapolitan Italian, this place is perfect. The pizza and gelato are second to none!Special Features:
- Love Cool Springs Porta ViaMarthaawhVIPDined on 5/12/2012Looooooove Porta Via! Best pizza ( Margherita) in Nashville! Awesome lasagna and fabulous gelato!Special Features:
- PORTA VIA: YUMMY!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/1/2012Yummy food! We sat outside eating our dishes... beautiful environment, engaging restaurant owner. We will definitely go back to try new dishes.
- Waiter seemed stressed andFoodloverVIPDined on 4/25/2012Waiter seemed stressed and overworked. Food was very tasty however my pasta was getting cold when I got it.
- Overall food was very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/24/2012Overall food was very good. Service, while friendly, was slow.Special Features:
- Ordered two different dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/18/2012Ordered two different dishes and had them both sent back. Others in my party were not satisfied with their food either. Ambiance was poor.
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/18/2012Excellent food and service make this a worthy destination among a sea of restaurants in the area. Delicious pizza and pasta, and their onion soup is delicious!Special Features:
- Wine list is somewhat weak.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2012Wine list is somewhat weak. Pizza disappointing-soggy crust and mushrooms looked and tasted like canned not roasted.
- Love everything we ordered.catwolfeDined on 3/31/2012Love everything we ordered. Looking to return again.Special Features:
- NOT IMPRESSED, NOT VERY ITALIANOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2012An educational wine event was going on that was supposed to have ended at 6 pm. We made our reservation at 6 specifically because this even was to have ended. However, it was allowed to run far past, to at least 7 pm. The wine group was very large, and very noisy, making it impossible for our group to talk at a reasonable level. This kind of event should only be scheduled if a private room is available for it. The food was disappointing. I had the Spaghetti Carbonara, and it was terribly salty. The value was poor - $13, and that did not include a salad, only some kind of bread strips brought to the table before dinner, with olive oil. My friend specifically asked if her sandwich had olives, was told it did not, and it was full of olives.
- Found the food and wine pairingKatiefromFranklinDined on 3/21/2012Found the food and wine pairing to be very nice. Everything was great "Osso Bucco" very tender and tasty ... but disappointed with the desert a type of chocolate pudding.Special Features:
- Service was good and the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/19/2012Service was good and the food even better! Great experience. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Everything went extremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2012Everything went extremely well. Promptly seated, excellent service, everyone enjoyed what they ordered. No problem with the separate checks. Overall a great experience. Thanks.Special Features:
- A family favorite for pizza,SimonDined on 3/3/2012A family favorite for pizza, in a city where good pizza is very hard to find. The gelato and sorbet selection also excellent. The new Cool Springs venue is much closer to home than the White Bridge Road site, but both are similar in terms of the essentials.Special Features:
- I had heard good things aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2012I had heard good things about this restaurant and it definitely lived up to expectations. Everything we had was wonderful and service was fantastic. Definitely get one of their pizzas made in the traditional Italian style and finish off your meal with some wonderful homemade gelato. I would and most likely will go back again.Special Features:
- DisappointedMiimiAVIPDined on 2/25/2012Disappointing meal. I don't understand why this restaurant has become popular. Maybe due to their effective ads at the movie theater in Cool Springs?? For whatever reason, it always seems to be busy on the weekends. The first time we tried to eat here, there was a long line so we left. This time we booked a reservation and got seated right away. Soggy pizza. Mediocre pasta entrees. We had lasagna, chicken parm, penne bolognese. None of them got a thumbs up. The best part of our meal was the complimentary bread basket and the gelato for dessert... But, overall the food was awful. We won't be back.Special Features: